Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: It's All About The Journey

• Start Topic

Well, I'm definitely not gonna rewatch or anything, but it seemed to me like the ginger comment came out of nowhere. What was the conversation just prior? Context actually does matter, and I don't trust the editors.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 2/5/2023 at 2:23 AM, Racj82 said:

Chris and Nicole are on vacation. It's not indicative of anything. I barely drink as I've gotten older. Not for any real reason. On vacation I'm drinking up and letting loose. Virginia's life was all about the next night out. Different situations.

I remember thinking that Virginia drank a lot on the honeymoon but that most people eat and drink differently on vacation. When they got back, I think she wanted a mimosa on like a regular weekday morning and also made a case for why she should be allowed to pass out drunk on her male friends’ couches because that was a regular occurrence, and that gave me (and Erik) pause. 

Chris and Nicole were doing a rum tasting in Jamaica, which to me is akin to a wine or beer tasting. (I wouldn’t have drank those like shots, I’d have sipped.) If they’re still drinking like that when they get home, then it may be an issue.

• Like 6
On 2/3/2023 at 10:13 PM, pdlinda said:

I'm not sure I'll continue watching any more of this season.  It seems like a waste of my time.

I say that every week, then come Wednesday, something pulls me in like a magnet, lol.  See you in two days.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

I think looks wise, they're all pretty evenly matched except I find Chris to be way better looking than Nicole. I think he's great though and would have given any woman he was matched with a chance. He's what this show is about. Not people who are instantly looking for an out once they are not attracted at first sight. 

Makinley and Airris need to catch a clue. Their wives are being more than nice by not running in the other direction (especially Jasmine) .. but the constant " me like boobies" and Airris' sexual position dinner talk would make me so turned off there would just be no going back. Mak has more potential than Airris but I think he just needs Dom to set him straight with what's appropriate and what's not. Though she seems light hearted so maybe it doesn't bother her.

• Like 8
On 2/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, kristen111 said:

Yeah, I thought she was super nice this episode.  Phony, baloney.  Too obvious.

Kirsten creeps me out. I think it's her way of speaking. So lifeless and blah. Shaq seems like he'd make a good husband to the right bride.. but I don't think she's it.

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Kirsten creeps me out. I think it's her way of speaking. So lifeless and blah. Shaq seems like he'd make a good husband to the right bride.. but I don't think she's it.

The unfortunate thing is, on paper I think Shaq checks all her boxes, but she’s just not feeling it. This is a pairing that could work if she were a bit more open.

1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

I think looks wise, they're all pretty evenly matched except I find Chris to be way better looking than Nicole. I think he's great though and would have given any woman he was matched with a chance.

I agree, especially about the looks part. I think Kirsten thinks she’s way better-looking than Shaq, but in my opinion they’re pretty evenly matched. Ditto Gina and Clint.

• Like 5
On 2/2/2023 at 12:14 PM, Rebky said:

I thought Shaq looked like a clown on the aftershow. He has buggy eyes anyway and those glasses did him no favors. If my husband walked out of the bedroom in that getup to go on national tv, I would insist he change into something more classy and much less garish. 

Shaq seems like a hella nice guy and he deserved better than his wife.

I wish he had been matched with Jaz but I don't know if he would find her attractive. He seems head over heels for Kirsten's doll-like face and "Thicc" body, whereas Jaz has a much more slender frame.

However, someone said that he looks like the devil from the Cuphead video game/cartoons and now I just can not unsee it.

image.thumb.png.7976445a5cc0a1bab710f6ffb9eac773.png

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Kirsten needs some vitamins to pep her up.  I just can’t see her with a couple of kids with no help.  Shaquille is a catch.  

• Like 2
On 2/5/2023 at 5:26 PM, Racj82 said:

It's also doubly annoys me if she says that on the afterparty and gets butt hurt about Clint saying she's not his type physically. I don't won't to here her argument that it's bad because it's a group setting. 

In this case I think he says it in a group setting because she first tells the group about her lack of attraction, so she shouldn't have that defense 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The unfortunate thing is, on paper I think Shaq checks all her boxes, but she’s just not feeling it.

What about the box that said, "No bald men"?  Maybe that's why she's not feeling it, and if so, nobody should be surprised, including the "experts."

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Nicole keeps saying she's "a lot" so that she has an excuse when she explodes on Chris later.   I don't think "Mr. Nice Guy" will be able to deal with her. 

Well, if she can’t control her mouth, she will wind up being single again.   She’ll probably screw up a good thing.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Gina:  Did she have top and bottom lips puffed up?  Too much if she did.  Plus, her teeth are too white and toobig.  The minute you look at her, those teeth pop out.  I’d love to see what she looked like before all that.  Probably better.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Gina:  Did she have top and bottom lips puffed up?  Too much if she did.  Plus, her teeth are too white and toobig.  The minute you look at her, those teeth pop out.  I’d love to see what she looked like before all that.  Probably better.

Maybe . . . maybe not.  Can you imagine that giant mouth with crooked, tiny, yellow teeth? 😂

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What about the box that said, "No bald men"?  Maybe that's why she's not feeling it, and if so, nobody should be surprised, including the "experts."

If that's her hill to die on, she shouldn't be here. If you are that damn rigid over the way someone wears their hair or lack thereof, take your behind somewhere else.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

If that's her hill to die on, she shouldn't be here. If you are that damn rigid over the way someone wears their hair or lack thereof, take your behind somewhere else.

Baldness is a particularly silly hill to die on to me because most men experience some hair loss as they age, they can’t control it,  and you don’t know what you’re going to get until it happens. It’s like saying you don’t like gray hair. I know women who prefer bald men, and Shaq wears his well.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Baldness is a particularly silly hill to die on to me because most men experience some hair loss as they age, they can’t control it,  and you don’t know what you’re going to get until it happens. It’s like saying you don’t like gray hair. I know women who prefer bald men, and Shaq wears his well.

Baldness on men is in.  They are shaving their heads on purpose.  He’s got everything a woman wants.  She’s just immature.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Like I've always said on here, short haircuts on women don't really do it for me. But, there are tons of attractive women out there that look great with short haircuts. It's just how you rock it. I'm not going to dismiss a woman over something so trivial. Especially if they are ticking so many other boxes or are just a great catch.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

How many ways will Ginas find to tell Clint she doesn’t find him attractive? I think he heard her the first time. 

yet we are given a preview that she is mucho offended that Clint said he normally is attracted to "slender, athletic women." So he can give a general picture of what his "type" is but she gets a pass saying "gingers" like him are not attractive to her. As well as telling the entire group that they are "missing physical chemistry."

Hypocrite, thy name is Gina.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 2/7/2023 at 4:01 PM, Crashcourse said:

When it comes to physical attraction, people like what they like--and don't like.  So, if Kirsten wants to die on that hill, that's her prerogative, even if I don't like her and I like Shaq.     

Yes, it's her prerogative and she can go somewhere else with that prerogative.  This show isn't a drive thru. You can't just have it your way. You need to be able to bend on the little things. Being that rigid and this show don't mix . Also, what you usually go for ain't working so maybe switch it up be open to different types.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 2/1/2023 at 8:48 PM, kikicat said:

I'm over these brides who are always judging their grooms for not being manly or adventurous or take-charge enough. They want a "leader" who will pay all the bills. I do like a masculine man, but not like that. MAFS seems to pick a lot of women with "traditional" views.

I've mentioned this before, but it started on the first season with Monet and Vaughn.  She specifically talked about wanting a traditional man, and they sure gave her one.  But she learned that you don't get to pick and choose which traits come along with a traditional man, and given that she was quite independent, she didn't end up liking many of the traditional man traits. They actually leaned into this, where she specifically talked about having learned that lesson. 

It has evolved to where the women are now talking about specific traits they want, rather than saying the vague "traditional man", but the premise still holds that those traits they say they want, are likely to go along with other traits they really don't want. 

On 2/1/2023 at 11:16 PM, Elizzikra said:

They said on Afterparty that their luggage was late arriving so maybe that was a half-hearted attempt to wear something semi-cleanish?

This may have already been said, but only Gina talked about their luggage arriving late, and no one else indicated that it had happened to them as well.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:25 AM, Empress1 said:

Dom’s boobs looked great in her bikini but I hated the green dress she wore to dinner. Unflattering and looked cheap. 

I had been noticing this trend since back on The Biggest Loser, when at the big reveal at the end, they always put the women in those way-too-tight-fitting dresses that looked cheap.  It makes the women look waaayyy heavier than they are, as it did with Dom.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:38 AM, Katie111 said:

Also, were they really planning on taking out a sailboat when neither knows how to sail?  They both seemed a bit dumb about that whole thing. 

What I found interesting about that, and the way they discussed it, is that it was clear that they had not picked out the activity themselves.  That would kinda suck, to not be picking your own activities on your honeymoon!

On 2/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

They do hurt but if you agree to being married at first sight you have to be prepared ahead of time that your spouse may not find you attractive. In some ways I applaud her honesty we always say to people just tell me the truth. Unless we don't like the truth. Then we prefer to hear a lie. Yes I can tell he was hurt and it looks like he plans to inflict the same pain on her. That may make him feel better but its going to be a miserable 8 weeks (or however long they last).

On 2/5/2023 at 2:23 AM, Racj82 said:

She didn't have to say anything. She wasn't prompted. Also, in a situation like this, you don't need to share your negative thoughts about your spouses looks. It's not necessary while you are trying to grow something. All you are actually doing is driving a wedge. Just let it be and see how things shake out. If the attraction grows, it's something you can laugh about later. It's a lot less funny when you are trying to grow something.

Gotta agree with Racj82.  In fact, I just saw basically this exact same thing on this week's Bachelor.  In week 1, the girl who got the first one-on-one had been designated as the villainess of the season.  In week 2, she went on a group date and did not get the rose.  She started complaining about how she was confused as to why she didn't get it, and making other thinly veiled insults.  When the girls called her out on it, she was like, "But don't you want me to be honest?  We shouldn't lie."  Which of course completely overlooks that certain comments should just be held to yourself!

• Like 4
On 2/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I had to laugh when Chris and Nicole were doing rum shots and he said he didn’t know how the alcohol would affect her since she’s small. That’s not a word I’d ever think I’d hear associated with her. 
I hope she can control her mess and not overreact to everything. 

I just can’t with Arris and his nasty talk. Jazmin must be okay with it and actually likes him a lot more than I thought she would. 

Between Gina’s gaping maw and her flared nostrils, I don’t know where to look. I’m all for nose piercings, but with a nose like that,  better now draw attention to it.  
Obviously, this has to be boring because I turning to petty comments on their looks!

Arris always looks either very tired or high.  He is like blah.

• Like 5
On 2/3/2023 at 12:14 AM, endure said:

I know this is horribly shallow of me to say ~ there are a lot of odd ducks swimming in this pond this season. And not sure any of them will mate for life.

Nicole’s white dress at the dinner was very nice, but not on her.  In her mind, she still considers herself skinny, but she’s not.  What’s with the “do you love me” she asks him?  Pushing much?  I think he’s getting annoyed.

• Like 3
On 2/3/2023 at 8:00 PM, qtpye said:

What's weird is that they kept associating alcohol tolerance with height but isn't it much more about weight?  I know bigger people can drink more but I'm not sure how that works.

I'm not an expert on the matter.

In Nicole’s mind, she’s still skinny.

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Nicole’s white dress at the dinner was very nice, but not on her.  In her mind, she still considers herself skinny, but she’s not.  What’s with the “do you love me” she asks him?  Pushing much?  I think he’s getting annoyed.

I think he sees some red flags, he mentioned something once about her having some traits that his former bad relationship had too, so he seems very gun shy.  Maybe he can overcome but nothing is looking promising this season and they haven't even started really living together yet.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am glad that Chris is being honest with Nicole about whether he loves her. Doesn't she want him to say it because he means it? I am guessing that this is their producer-driven drama issue and that they are doing well. They haven't even known each other for a week yet, so I am sure he doesn't love her yet. Look at how successful (not) those couples have been who say it right away on their honeymoons. 

• Like 6
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I thought the white dress looked good on her. I liked the fabric/pattern and that her boobs weren’t hanging out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1