Type keyword(s) to search

I'm So Disappointed In You: Celebrity Misdeeds

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

He got in a lot of hot water for the line asking why Keanu was still alive, but people like River Phoenix died.

Does Matthew Perry think he's better than Keanu? Like, shouldn't he be asking why Matthew Perry is still alive when people like River Phoenix died? I may not be a fan of Keanu's acting (I think he's acting, it's kind of hard to tell in most of his movies) but I think he's a pretty awesome human being. I used to like Matthew Perry but the more of learn of him the less I like him. Just rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 20
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Does Matthew Perry think he's better than Keanu? Like, shouldn't he be asking why Matthew Perry is still alive when people like River Phoenix died? I may not be a fan of Keanu's acting (I think he's acting, it's kind of hard to tell in most of his movies) but I think he's a pretty awesome human being. I used to like Matthew Perry but the more of learn of him the less I like him. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I think it has to do with acting.  River was amazing at his young age and, as much as I enjoy Keanu's movies, he's not in the same league. It's still a disgusting way to phrase it, especially considering how much Keanu has gone through in his life, how nice he is, by all accounts, and how much he's loved by fans. 

• Like 14
16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Co-signed. He claims he just chose a name, but now says (after much backlash) he should have used his own name.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Co-signed. He claims he just chose a name, but now says (after much backlash) he should have used his own name.

Sorry to harp on this, but he just chose a name?  How out of touch is he that Keanu jumped into his head and he didn't second guess it?  Stories of Keanu's kindness are legendary by now. 

• Like 10
23 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Sorry to harp on this, but he just chose a name?  How out of touch is he that Keanu jumped into his head and he didn't second guess it?  Stories of Keanu's kindness are legendary by now. 

I know people say jealously is an excuse for a lot of stuff. In this case though Matthew might be jealous that nobody really dislikes Keanu as a person and the fact that he's had a really long career. Matthew also gives the impression that he that some self-loathing issues.

• Like 9
26 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I know people say jealously is an excuse for a lot of stuff. In this case though Matthew might be jealous that nobody really dislikes Keanu as a person and the fact that he's had a really long career. Matthew also gives the impression that he that some self-loathing issues.

Also Matthew was friendly with River Phoenix but Keanu was actually friends with River. There might have been some jealousy because of that.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
58 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Doubling down on his idiocy, Matthew also claims that he's pulling Keanu's name because he lives on the same street. Not because it was a boneheaded move in the first place.

Apparently, he literally just picked a name.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
17 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Doubling down on his idiocy, Matthew also claims that he's pulling Keanu's name because he lives on the same street. Not because it was a boneheaded move in the first place.

He's tap dancing harder than the Nicholas Brothers.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, RunningMarket said:

Matthew Perry is removing reference to Keanu Reeves from future copies of his memoir. He got in a lot of hot water for the line asking why Keanu was still alive, but people like River Phoenix died.

I am confused, does Keanu Reeves have some secret drug problem or other issue that should have killed him? Because otherwise where is the comparison? If you said you can't believe Keith Richards was still alive and not River Phoenix that might make sense, but Keanu I don't get.

• Like 17
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I think he meant living on the same street is why Keanu's name came to him when he was picking a name to use in the first place; I know he said "pulling" but it reads to me like referring to back when he pulled that name out of his head as his (stupid) example, rather than his current decision that he'll pull the name from any future editions of the memoir (with that being done because it was a ridiculously stupid, and mean, thing to say).  From the source material People based that article on:

“I said a stupid thing. It was a mean thing to do,” Perry said, referring to his lament in the book that former co-stars River Phoenix and Chris Farley had died while Reeves “walks among us.”

“I pulled his name because I live on the same street,” Perry said. “I’ve apologized publicly to him. Any future versions of the book will not have his name in it.”

He said he hadn’t apologized in person to Reeves, but added: “If I run into the guy, I’ll apologize. It was just stupid.”

Hey, Matthew, you could call the guy up and apologize rather than waiting to see if you happen to run into him somewhere.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 13
50 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Hey, Matthew, you could call the guy up and apologize rather than waiting into you run into him, which probably won't happen.

Seriously. If they live on the same street, just go over and say "sorry I thought you aren't talented enough to still be alive" because, unlike Matthew Perry, Keanu is a nice guy and won't actually punch him in the face, even if no one would judge him if he did. 

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am confused, does Keanu Reeves have some secret drug problem or other issue that should have killed him?

I am wondering that too. Especially after reading the last bit and seeing Chris Farley also mentioned, another person who OD'd. Just reading up a bit and all I can find is that Keanu admits to having taken drugs in his life. Also, he was very close to River, which makes Perry choosing him as a comparison extra mean. 

• Like 10

Ex-Fugees rapper Pras Michel found guilty in scheme to help Chinese influence US government

Michel was found guilty of conspiracy to defraud the US, witness tampering and acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign government. He faces up to 20 years in prison. No sentencing date was set...

According to the prosecutors, Low directed over $100 million to Michel to help push the government, including Trump, to drop its investigation into Low. Prosecutors also say Michel advocated for the extradition of a Chinese dissident, Guo Wengui, on behalf of the Chinese government.

Michel, however, testified he only tried to help Low find an attorney in the US and only told authorities about Guo because he thought he was a criminal. The former Fugees member also said the $100 million was for a media business he was starting and the investment wasn’t from Low.

• Useful 8
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

I swear she has more ways to get out of jail then a monopoly game.   Just send her to jail already.   She IS a flight risk.   Your average person would not have had their report date delayed due to pregnancy and probably wouldn't even be out on bail.   So stop treating her like a special snowflake.  That's how we got here in the first place, no one told her she wasn't super special and didn't have to follow the rules the rest of us did.

• Like 12
  • Applause 10
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I swear she has more ways to get out of jail then a monopoly game.   Just send her to jail already.   She IS a flight risk.   Your average person would not have had their report date delayed due to pregnancy and probably wouldn't even be out on bail.   So stop treating her like a special snowflake.  That's how we got here in the first place, no one told her she wasn't super special and didn't have to follow the rules the rest of us did.

Also how many convicted defendants have their appeals heard before they go to prison?

• Like 10
56 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Also how many convicted defendants have their appeals heard before they go to prison?

I think this is just an appeal of her not being able to be free pending her trial appeal.   So its kinda a one issue appeal?   

• Useful 4

I think I've read Sunny Balwani, her one-time boyfriend who's also been charged and convicted, did the same thing a few weeks ago. He delayed things by a couple of weeks but still ultimately had to report to prison and is now currently a guest of the federal prison system anyway. I'm assuming the same thing happens to Holmes. She delays reality by a matter of days or weeks, but her ass is still going to prison, unless she does something . . . unhinged, which I wouldn't put past her. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What a thoughtless thing to say!  No reflection really on the Olson's they were just being babies - but the other twins must have been told of their brief moment of possible fame.   Not funny.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

Everything about that story is gross. It is also likely that he is inflating his own importance in the story. I recognize the scene he is describing from the pilot which was originally shot well before the show was picked up with a different actor playing Danny. Them “getting rid” of the twins was probably way less dramatic. Claiming to have gotten 11 month olds fired is a weird flex. 

I do really like Josh Peck’s reaction to Stamos telling the story though. 

Josh, a former child star himself, interjected some sarcasm during John’s story, saying it was ”almost like kids shouldn’t act, almost like we should protect them from these things”.

Josh, a former child star himself, interjected some sarcasm during John's story, saying it was "almost like kids shouldn't act, almost like we should protect them from these things."

Almost like their parents shouldn't push them in front of a camera, is what I think he means.

Some knucklehead asked the non-twin Elizabeth why she's "so much nicer" than her sisters, and she said "because you guys haven't been bothering me my entire life." Mary Kate and Ashley were barely past infant stage when Full House started, only six months old, and they only stepped out of the spotlight once they really hit adulthood. What Stamos said was extremely thoughtless, but Peck doesn't really hit the mark either. The girls wouldn't have even been there if their folks hadn't decided it would be a great idea to put them on TV when they were only babies and didn't deserve to be mocked.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, Dani said:

Claiming to have gotten 11 month olds fired is a weird flex. 

Yeah, it is very odd how he's telling this story of calling kids unattractive and having no patience for babies crying as a cute anecdote. It's not cute, it's kind of horrible. 

Given that a hugh deal of the shows success was because of the Olsen Twins "cuteness" (I never found them cute but the viewing public in general seemed to LOVE them), he's basically sharing a story about how he almost sunk his most successful job. lol

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Almost like their parents shouldn't push them in front of a camera, is what I think he means.

I think he was speaking more broadly about us as a society. Yes, that includes the parents, but it is about a lot more than just the parents. 

2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The girls wouldn't have even been there if their folks hadn't decided it would be a great idea to put them on TV when they were only babies and didn't deserve to be mocked.

That just means there is a lot of blame to go around. I think Stamos is an asshole for his part. As his story proved, if it wasn’t the Olsens it would have been other babies that he was being an ass to.

I lost a lot of respect for the entire Full House cast for how they chose to mock the twins not wanting to appear on the spinoff.

2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, it is very odd how he's telling this story of calling kids unattractive and having no patience for babies crying as a cute anecdote. It's not cute, it's kind of horrible. 

Yep and the entire point of that scene is two inept people having no clue how to care for a baby. So to blame the babies for being unhappy when they are being handled like a thing instead of a human and saying the other set of twins were ugly is really low. 

I wonder if he ever looks back at that time and realizes that when he was dealing with those babies his now wife was a baby. He probably doesn’t have that much self awareness. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I lost a lot of respect for the entire Full House cast for how they chose to mock the twins not wanting to appear on the spinoff.

They should have just shut their mouths and done a recast. I still maintain that Becca Tobin from Glee would have been a really good Michelle.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Claiming to have gotten 11 month olds fired is a weird flex.

As is relishing in saying, twice, all these years later, that the other twins weren't attractive.  I don't think the Olsen twins were, either, at that age, but I'm not a celebrity whose comment is going to get picked up and publicized. 

Anyway, yes, very odd flex:  He talks about how the Olsen twins wouldn't stop crying during one of their first scenes with him, the interviewer asks (presumably as a joke) if he tried to get them fired, and his response is "I did it. I didn't try".  Well, look at you, big guy.

Nothing gross would surprise me about someone who once facilitated a rape*, but, yeah, the stories this guy chooses to tell about himself are really something.  He and Dave Coulier carry the baby with one holding onto the armpits and one holding the feet, then hose her down, put a fan on her, wrap her up in paper towels -- these infants are being handled in a scene about the ineptitude of the characters, done by people who are strangers to them, and that their inevitable reaction is to scream has a grown man responding by himself screaming - ten times - "This is not going to work, guys" and saying, "Get rid of them, I can't work like this".

Then when he's even less equipped to work with the other twins when they also, you know, act like babies, he says they're "terrible" and wants the Olsens brought back.

*Years ago, when asked in an interview (with Jane magazine) what's the worst he'd ever screwed someone over, he said: I was on the road years ago, I think it was before the Beach Boys [John played drums with the band in the mid-'80s]. I was playing somewhere in Finland, and there was a girl hanging around who was really drunk and interested in me. I wasn't into her, but my friend was. So the girl came back to my hotel, and I turned the lights down and we started making out. I said "Hold on a second, I've gotta go brush my teeth." It was dark, I left the room, and I sent in my friend, who looked like me. And she thought she was having sex with me, but she was really having sex with my friend. I was young and didn't have a conscience.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 5

This thread is really aptly named for me with regard to Stamos.  I really am disappointed in him!  I was never a big fan or had a crush on him or anything but I've always had a fondness for him from his "Blackie" days on General Hospital. Maybe if I paid more attention to celebrity gossip I would have been expecting him to be a jerk (and worse apparently!)

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 6
5 hours ago, Dani said:

Yep and the entire point of that scene is two inept people having no clue how to care for a baby. So to blame the babies for being unhappy when they are being handled like a thing instead of a human and saying the other set of twins were ugly is really low. 

Maybe I am remembering wrong but wasn't the original idea for Full House just a pretty blatant 3 Men and a Baby rip-off, where the kids are just plot devices rather than actual characters who get stories and you have to share screen time with? Maybe he is still pissed because that was the show he signed up for and then the kids got a bunch of screen time and ended up famous.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Maybe I am remembering wrong but wasn't the original idea for Full House just a pretty blatant 3 Men and a Baby rip-off, where the kids are just plot devices rather than actual characters who get stories and you have to share screen time with?

I could see why you would think that but it wasn’t. Full House premiered a couple of months before 3 Men and a Baby. Full House was presented as a 90’s version of The Brady Bunch. 

I agree with everything here posted about Stamos and the Full House early years. However, I still can't help but wonder if those now-anonymous temporary replacement twins for the Olsen sisters have been told of their near-brush with fame...and, if so, would they consider that they missed out or dodged a bullet via getting boomeranged from that show? And has anyone heard any commentary from either of the Olsen sisters about this revelation.

PS. Why was he allowed to do this? I know because of his earlier fame that Stamos had the top billing but it was called Full House  NOT Uncle Jesse and Those He Tolerated!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

They should have just shut their mouths and done a recast. I still maintain that Becca Tobin from Glee would have been a really good Michelle.

They really should have. They really came off as assholes for not letting it go. They asked the Olson twins and they said no. Yeah, it stinks when not everyone comes back but accept it and move on. Recast Michelle or always have her off stage. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

PS. Why was he allowed to do this? I know because of his earlier fame that Stamos had the top billing but it was called Full House  NOT Uncle Jesse and Those He Tolerated!

He probably didn't have as much power as he tries to make it seem he had. Replacing babies who can't stop crying during a pilot episode isn't exactly a controversial thing to do.  It's just the reality of production. Dealing with cranky babies would lead to production delays. So I'm guessing the producers agreed they should replace the twins.

And they probably agreed that the replacement twins weren't as charismatic on camera. 

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Dani said:

I could see why you would think that but it wasn’t. Full House premiered a couple of months before 3 Men and a Baby. Full House was presented as a 90’s version of The Brady Bunch. 

That's pretty interesting, because I always thought it was pitched as 3 Men and a Baby (which was a huge hit), in TV form. Even so I wonder if the producers told him that the show would focus mainly on the guys and not be an ensemble cast where the kids had just as much going on plot-wise.

• Like 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Replacing babies who can't stop crying during a pilot episode isn't exactly a controversial thing to do.  It's just the reality of production.

They can also write around the crying because babies cry. I know it's a movie rather than a TV show so much less of a protracted logistics issue, but the behind-the-scenes interviews for the Norwegian movie The Last King always cracked me up. Basically it's 2 Vikings and a Baby . . . on Skis starring Tormund from Game of Thrones. And the baby actor cried a lot because he was a baby. Rather than trying to get their little costar fired, the 2 guys just dealt with it like grown-ups who aren't assholes to babies. 

Per Kristofer Hivju: 

The baby’s safety was the most important thing. But still, Norwegian babies are used to being out in the wilderness. [Laughs.] You’re out there in the mountains and you have a small baby, it’s freezing cold, and everybody’s attention and concentration on set was so different when the baby was there because that was the main thing. He’s a great actor, though, the guy who plays the little boy. He never even read the script! [Laughs.] We had to do whatever he wanted.

In the shelter scene, we had all of these great ideas, and the script was beautifully written. But we had to do whatever it took [to get the shot] and [react to] whatever [the baby] does. Most of that scene was improvised because [the baby] was wouldn’t stop crying. So we just came up with this story about a horse riding through the fire, doing whatever it takes, and that was just in the moment. Many of the scenes were like that. If he didn’t cry, we were like, “Wow, he stopped crying.” If he was crying, we were like, “Boogie-boogie-boogie-boogie!” They say you should not make movies with babies and animals, and we had 50 horses and a baby with us. You just go with the flow.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 10
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And they probably agreed that the replacement twins weren't as charismatic on camera. 

Maybe the replacement twins weren't as charismatic and if he had stopped at saying that he wouldn't have come across quite as badly. Instead he decided to take it a step further and say that they weren't attractive. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate someone saying what's quoted below in a readily available interview about the kids he shares with his wife.

"I'm sure their parents loved them and thought they were attractive," he joked, later adding: "It had nothing to do with [them being] red-headed, but they weren't attractive."

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

"I'm sure their parents loved them and thought they were attractive," he joked, later adding: "It had nothing to do with [them being] red-headed, but they weren't attractive."

And with one quote he just became about 70% less attractive. Even if they had feet for faces, they're babies, just say they weren't charismatic, or they cried even more, or they just didn't work out. I know that there is a contingent of people in the world who think being an ass is "sexy" but being a decent human being who doesn't make fun of children's looks after firing babies for crying too much is way hotter. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
On 4/30/2023 at 3:51 PM, Bastet said:

*Years ago, when asked in an interview (with Jane magazine) what's the worst he'd ever screwed someone over, he said: I was on the road years ago, I think it was before the Beach Boys [John played drums with the band in the mid-'80s]. I was playing somewhere in Finland, and there was a girl hanging around who was really drunk and interested in me. I wasn't into her, but my friend was. So the girl came back to my hotel, and I turned the lights down and we started making out. I said "Hold on a second, I've gotta go brush my teeth." It was dark, I left the room, and I sent in my friend, who looked like me. And she thought she was having sex with me, but she was really having sex with my friend. I was young and didn't have a conscience.

That's fucking disgusting!  Wow, John.

Even though I'm still a fan of his singing, Brian McKnight is really shitty for not acknowledging his children from his first marriage and lavishing praise on his current stepchildren.  Now, I do remember reading how he was having problems with the biological kids concerning giving them money despite being grown but what he's doing now is going too far.

He should remember that it wasn't that long ago that he was in serious debt with the IRS....guess the new wife/wife's family was rich enough to handle the tax problem.

• Like 6

The Brian Mcknight stuff is really ugly. Which I never knew about because he is a minor celebrity to me and I've always disliked his sound and never paid him any attention. But man, did I learn today!

Apparently the dragging all day on SM was because he had been posting loving messages on his IG to his step daughter saying she is 'the perfect daughter he always wanted' and how she finally made him a girl dad. 

Meanwhile he has two other biological daughters he ignores. One of whom was molested as a minor but instead of him seeing it as an assault, he apparently publicly claimed that she(a minor at the time) had sex with the person. I guess she and her mom successfully sued him for defamation?

Also apparently he is so deep into the erasure of his other kids, he named his newborn son Brian, Jr even though he already has a son named Brian, Jr.

And all of this because he passive-aggressively posts these things in praise of his new family that are also seen to be slights to his other kids.

Anyway he is an entire mess.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 19
  • Sad 7
7 hours ago, DearEvette said:

The Brian Mcknight stuff is really ugly. Which I never knew about because he is a minor celebrity to me and I've always disliked his sound and never paid him any attention. But man, did I learn today!

Apparently the dragging all day on SM was because he had been posting loving messages on his IG to his step daughter saying she is 'the perfect daughter he always wanted' and how she finally made him a girl dad. 

Meanwhile he has two other biological daughters he ignores. One of whom was molested as a minor but instead of him seeing it as an assault, he apparently publicly claimed that she(a minor at the time) had sex with the person. I guess she and her mom successfully sued him for defamation?

Also apparently he is so deep into the erasure of his other kids, he named his newborn son Brian, Jr even though he already has a son named Brian, Jr.

And all of this because he passive-aggressively posts these things in praise of his new family that are also seen to be slights to his other kids.

Why isn't he in prison for having admitted to doing unnatural acts to his own daughter?! And was his 2nd wife truly ignorant of that before she wed him? If not,then HER daughter would have EVERY right to hate BOTH of them for putting her in potential harms' way!

P.S. I hope that his ex and their children change their first and last names ASAP so they can totally wash their hands of this!

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Why isn't he in prison for having admitted to doing unnatural acts to his own daughter?! And was his 2nd wife truly ignorant of that before she wed him?

It wasn't him.  It was a cousin.

And nobody knew of the assault until he aired it out as 'he got wind of a sexual relationship'  in public media video after the kids talked about him never being in their lives.

Interestingly, he only ever talks about his relationship with the former kids in a transactional money way. "I've paid all by child support." Whereas they talk about him being not present in their lives in a personal way.  Big difference.

Dad of the year that guy!

Anyway, i went down an entire rabbit hole on that one.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Useful 12
(edited)

Was it only a day or two ago that I thought Brian McKnight was a talented, albeit not particularly exciting singer who hadn't shown up in my radar in a minute?! Damn, shows what I thought I knew.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Like 12
12 hours ago, DearEvette said:

The Brian Mcknight stuff is really ugly. <snip>

This is disappointing. Not that I was a fan, or anything, but I do recall liking some of his music from years ago? Or that he wrote songs other artists sang?

Either way, I didn't know about all of this...nastiness.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Either way, I didn't know about all of this...nastiness.

And why didn't we know?  Is he just not famous enough that this nastiness wasn't covered in the media or does he have such a good PR team they managed to keep it from being covered in the media.

I know there are a lot of famous people that are assholes but to act like this towards your children and do it publicly is beyond asshole. It's sadistic.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

And why didn't we know?  Is he just not famous enough that this nastiness wasn't covered in the media or does he have such a good PR team they managed to keep it from being covered in the media.

I'm guessing not famous enough. While the name sounded vaguely familiar, but I think I might have been thinking of Michael E Knight, because when I googled him I was quite surprised. He looks vaguely familiar in a "I think I might have known who he was once". He also benefits from a lot of far more famous people being shitty humans as well and taking the spotlight of shittiness away from him. 

• Like 6