Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

Ron Hale will forever be smarmy cad Dr. Roger Coleridge from Ryan's Hope to me... a role he played masterfully during the soap's entire run (1975 - 1989)

The worst manager I ever had in my whole career was named Ron Hale, and so I have mixed emotions.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

Ron Hale will forever be smarmy cad Dr. Roger Coleridge from Ryan's Hope to me... a role he played masterfully during the soap's entire run (1975 - 1989)

I loved Ryan's Hope, watched it from the start, and Hale's Roger was one of those bad guys you just love to hate.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2024 at 9:35 AM, Irlandesa said:

Authorities aren't going to investigate something that boils down to family drama unless there are other suspicious factors. 

Granted but IMO it would be better for the authorities to investigate and rule out that there's anything fishy going on (like possibly having the late Mr. Amos's properties having not been equally shared by all members of his surviving family). Even if the result winds up with Miss Amos having been a kook and the younger Mr. Amos having been a saint, IMO, it would be better to investigate to clear the air than to chance something going askance via going the 'nothing to see here,folks' route.

• Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Granted but IMO it would be better for the authorities to investigate and rule out that there's anything fishy going on (like possibly having the late Mr. Amos's properties having not been equally shared by all members of his surviving family).

Unequal distribution of assets is not a police matter.  Or inherently fishy; it happens in many different situations.  There's nothing for authorities to investigate in cases of family drama (abuse, on the other hand, is a criminal matter so those allegations were investigated [and determined unfounded]).

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It looks like the ugliness has just started.

So, it turns out the daughter had taken out a restraining order against her brother that specified he could not contact her for any reason but it is HIS fault she wasn’t notified of the death?  And the death certificate indicates that Mr. Amos died of heart failure in a hospital under medical care but she thinks something nefarious happened?

5 hours ago, Bastet said:

Unequal distribution of assets is not a police matter.  Or inherently fishy; it happens in many different situations.  There's nothing for authorities to investigate in cases of family drama (abuse, on the other hand, is a criminal matter so those allegations were investigated [and determined unfounded]).

It appears that Mr Amos had a support team including attorneys handling things. I would presume that means he had a will.  If the daughter and other family members are in the will, the executor, probably an attorney, will notify them when the will is filed in Probate Court.  There is no obligation for anyone to notify heirs immediately upon the death, nor should anyone be rushing to grab up assets before the body is cold.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 10/2/2024 at 1:17 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

"Jimmy/Oh, Jimmy/Silly boy/Gee what a real swell guy..."

48 is too young. RIP.

Thoroughly Modern Millie was a great show and it's sad Gavin Creel passed. He was so talented and Broadway should have had him for so many more years. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Sad 2