Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I thought the same thing...oh, the chores they could do when they get into "a huh huh huh" bro competition.

Instead of helping each other with more creative excuses?  Maybe. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Cleaning your dirty house is way cheaper than a VR headset 

But less appealing and distracting.  (Do not own a VR headset.  Do have a messy house).

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I still like Clinique..I like the black homey almost lipstick and their tubing mascara

I've had 3 medical professionals tell me in the past 6 months or so, that I could pass for late 40's or early 50's. I even had someone look at my file and look at me and back at the file again.  I am 69.

I use Clinique. (and Olay, that's it)

Y'all can call it old-fashioned if you want - it works for me.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I thought the same thing...oh, the chores they could do when they get into "a huh huh huh" bro competition.

And then they'd go off and watch football or go see the latest action flick, while the Mrs. is home gathering up all their dirty socks.  

• LOL 4

He’s never going to let go of that beard. I’m sure he thinks it hides his chins. Ironic considering the shaved head only revealed the pack of hot dogs on the back of his neck.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
Just now, aliya said:

I've had 3 medical professionals tell me in the past 6 months or so, that I could pass for late 40's or early 50's. I even had someone look at my file and look at me and back at the file again.  I am 69.

A woman at work had a birthday today and my coworker told me she's 49. I never in a million years would have thought she was older than me. I thought she was in her late 30s at most.

• Like 1

Good evening Pounders! I had a phone call from a friend that I hadn't heard from in five years so I had to take the call. I'm assuming I did not miss anything but the usual.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

The key is finding two that don't really like each other, so they want to one-up the other guy.

It's hard enough to find good one.  Finding two good ones, who are both good AND don't like each other but yet are willing to live together... impossible!  I might be better off catching leprechauns on Friday.

Edited by Hellga
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, Kid said:

Good evening Pounders! I had a phone call from a friend that I hadn't heard from in five years so I had to take the call. I'm assuming I did not miss anything but the usual.

You totally did. Marathons, vegan dinners, yoga on fleet and juice cleanses. Keep up honey!

• LOL 5
Just now, MsVixen said:

Until they put a charging station at every gas station, I'm not even considering an electric car.  

I have enough anxiety when my gas tank is at 1/4. I can’t imagine how stressed I’d be if I’m driving to Vermont to visit my grandkids. Lots of miles without any gas station (or bathrooms!).

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
Just now, Kid said:

No worries. Our featured poundticipant hasn’t seen his own mother in six years. Pull up a recliner to our table and have a trough of spaghetti soup.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I have enough anxiety when my gas tank is at 1/4. I can’t imagine how stressed I’d be if I’m driving to Vermont to visit my grandkids. Lots of miles without any gas station (or bathrooms!).

I ignore the gas gauge until it is below the E and all of the "get gas" alarms are ringing. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
Just now, MsVixen said:

Until they put a charging station at every gas station, I'm not even considering an electric car.  

Did you hear about the couple who were shocked, shocked I tell you, that their fancy electric car required 12 charges on a 1500 mile trip and that they had to do without heat for fear of running the battery down before they got to another charging station?

These policy wonks in DC (and I was one of them) must not know that  this is a big country with a lot of towns spread out and people who have to drive 50 -100 miles to go to a big store or a decent hospital. Electric cars will never catch on with most of the country.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5

566 is a decent effort. But I am afraid he won't sustain his weight loss long-term unless he finds a better strategy.  He will not last more than several months the way he is doing now, with 'fasting days' and all. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Does anybody have a mineral based sunscreen that doesn’t make them look like a ghost? I know some are tinted but I’m too pale for them, so my choices are white or orange face 

I get Elta MD. I think they have a tinted version. But it's not "ghosty" even if not tinted.

• Useful 1
Just now, DropTheSoap said:

I get Elta MD. I think they have a tinted version. But it's not "ghosty" even if not tinted.

Maybe I will try that.  I am thinking of going to South Carolina in May, I would definitely need sunscreen or I will burn to a crisp. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, DropTheSoap said:

Thanks, I’ve seen that brand on Amazon. I’ll look into it 

• Like 1
Just now, Lima Bean said:

Dude, you’ve got a full head of hair. Enjoy it while you go it! Other men will be jealous.

Mr. Won Ton is bald with a nice trimmed beard and he is sexy AF!

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

Did you hear about the couple who were shocked, shocked I tell you, that their fancy electric car required 12 charges on a 1500 mile trip and that they had to do without heat for fear of running the battery down before they got to another charging station?

These policy wonks in DC (and I was one of them) must not know that  this is a big country with a lot of towns spread out and people who have to drive 50 -100 miles to go to a big store or a decent hospital. Electric cars will never catch on with most of the country.

Same issue came up when Hurricane Ian was targeting Florida.  There are 'charging deserts" there, so evacuating the length of Florida is a nightmare.  I heard of one man who had a carrier welded on his electric vehicle back, and he has a generator and gasoline to charge while he drives. 

• Mind Blown 5
7 minutes ago, aliya said:

I use Olay moisturizer and adapalene ( prescription for acne) and sunscreen. Almost everything else breaks me out in either rashes or acne. I have been told I look pretty good for mid 40s.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Maybe I will try that.  I am thinking of going to South Carolina in May, I would definitely need sunscreen or I will burn to a crisp. 

I found out about it from a dermatologist's recommendation. 

I hate most any creams/lotions of any sort, but this one isn't bad.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kid said:

You're a better person than I am. The missionary sisters (LDS have female missionaries as well as males) called for our weekly chat and I let it ring. 

• Like 3