Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Suzywriter said:

That face afro is giving me the heebie jeebies.

Y'know, I didn't want to say anything, 'cause I don't mind a beard, but I think this is too much. He'd look cleaner and more about business (as opposed to gaming and eating all day), if he cut it down a little.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He's full of shit. He supposedly has a great relationship with his ex and her husband. He sees his daughter all the time. So he's a lot less lonely than some of the sad sacks that have paraded into room five that we've seen over the years. He has work experience and had a good paying job. He could work if he wanted to. But it would separate him from his burritos and spaghetti. 

Yup.  He just sacrificed everything - his family, his job, his life - to his food addiction.  I am actually rooting for him to break it.  Don't have much hope, but maybe...

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Y'all are giving me flashbacks.

/child of the 80s

All the clothes I was looking forward to being able to wear when I became a teenager in 1990. And then the nineties had second thoughts. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He's full of shit. He supposedly has a great relationship with his ex and her husband. He sees his daughter all the time. So he's a lot less lonely than some of the sad sacks that have paraded into room five that we've seen over the years. He has work experience and had a good paying job. He could work if he wanted to. But it would separate him from his burritos and spaghetti. 

Hes done call center work and I'm assuming been on in customer service for a cable company. He could easily get a remote job. He just doesn't want to

• Like 4
Just now, aliya said:

Y'know, I didn't want to say anything, 'cause I don't mind a beard, but I think this is too much. He'd look cleaner and more about business (as opposed to gaming and eating all day), if he cut it down a little.

He needs to shave it off. It looks like it can never possibly be gotten clean.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

That beard is the least of his problems! He weighs over 600 pounds, has no motivation to work or be a decent father to his delightful daughter, and appears to have a skin condition that is rendering a formerly attractive man into a troll. Grooming that brillo pad on his face would be like spitting in the ocean. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I managed to get a skip the line pass at the library to read Spare but need to finish in 7 days. Wonder if it is a hot mess

I read it in about a week. I believe in you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I managed to get a skip the line pass at the library to read Spare but need to finish in 7 days. Wonder if it is a hot mess

I got impatient reading it, but loved it when I switched to the audiobook. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm used to the Caribbean pies. I used to get them fresh on the east coast, but out here with the Nordic people, I have to get them frozen from Walmart. They're basically smashed up meat with spices in a slightly spicy crust.

There used to be a good Jamaican bakery close to where I lived in New York, I would sometimes get their beef patties.  Both they and empanadas use a different type of dough than Russian pies, though.  But still delicious.  I love every kind of dough but my favorite is pate-a-choux, hands down.  No filling or glaze necessary.  Popovers are good too, nice and eggy and take far less time than real pate-a-choux. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I read it, couldn't put it down. Poor guy is a hot mess but seems that he recognizes that. I hope he and Meghan and their kids can find a happy peaceful life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That beard is the least of his problems! He weighs over 600 pounds, has no motivation to work or be a decent father to his delightful daughter, and appears to have a skin condition that is rendering a formerly attractive man into a troll. Grooming that brillo pad on his face would be like spitting in the ocean. 

I was so annoyed by the mess of his beard that I  missed the troll skin.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Well, I have to say that I might feel more favorably towards him if he shaved it off.

• Like 4

A mentally challenged brother would be an interesting addition to the household.  I wonder how that would affect him...

He is talking the talk, wonder if he is actually walking the walk.  The proof is in the scale!  But doing those 'fasting' days is probably NOT healthy for him, in the short run or in the long run.  He is like a pendulum swinging wildly instead of sticking to a sane reasonable path.

• Like 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I read it, couldn't put it down. Poor guy is a hot mess but seems that he recognizes that. I hope he and Meghan and their kids can find a happy peaceful life. 

If they wanted a peaceful life, they’d have it already.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Brother husbands? I have enough trouble with 1, much less 2. Then again maybe I can get thar shelf put up with 2. 

I thought the same thing...oh, the chores they could do when they get into "a huh huh huh" bro competition.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

He is driving.  And he trimmed his beard a bit, it looks like (a lot less than he should have).  So I guess he did pretty well.  Maybe 550?  But I don't think what he is doing now is sustainable for the long term.

• Like 2

It is. I stopped reading it. If I finish it, I will skip his reminiscences of his military career. 

• Like 1