Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m awaiting the arrival of the FOUR boxes of Gir Scout cookies I bought from my friend’s grandkids. You know, because I wanted to support the cause 😉

I've been good and have been buying them for donations.

Which reminds me i was going to buy some from the troop in NYC made up of homeless girls.

• Like 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

They don't know about dialing a phone

So I was a faculty member at a university until I retired last year. When we changed our phone system in the late 80s to touch tobe, I hid a phone with a dial. I had it displayed in my office for over 30 years. The students were absolutely fascinated by it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Paleness is a side effect?

I remember reading that a lot of the poundticipants are actually malnourished, and many are anemic.    They eat cheap junk food for the quantity.  They're not worried about nutrition, but mass quantity.   

At least his dad seems supportive.   Candy in his pillow case!!!  I love dad is donating the food to the food bank.  

That lymphedema on his leg looks infected, and painful. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I am going to have a piece of chocolate from Harbor Sweets (a plug for a local Massachusetts chocolatier!) when I have my tea a bit later :) 

Harbor Sweets is in my beautiful city of SALEM MASSACHUSETTS, right down the street from my son's apartment and around the corner from the place my hubby and I lived when we were first married! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I kept refreshing the live chat and the main page; didn't even think to check this thread until I noticed it said 18 people were in here! These people seem likable. When is it going to go downhill?

13 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Tonight is kinda like when you were in school and the teacher didn't show so you gave them 15 minutes and went somewhere else.

I had a prof in college who was frequently late (he didn't want to be teaching the class in the first place) but he would send the department secretary to let us know he was coming so we couldn't leave. We were all giddy the day we showed up to find her with the evaluation forms and handful of pencils.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, how was everyone's eating habit? Me, salad of course, with some steak that my son brought home from his restaurant (not his but he works there). Yum. 

I had a salad, too. I haven't done that in a while...I have thrown out so much produce lately because anxiety and stuff has been making it hard for me to eat. I am currently working on convincing myself that I am not dying. Once I calm down, maybe a milkshake with homemade chocolate syrup.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Harbor Sweets is in my beautiful city of SALEM MASSACHUSETTS, right down the street from my son's apartment and around the corner from the place my hubby and I lived when we were first married! 

Nice.  I meet the owner every year at the Thanksgiving art & craft show at the Worcester Crafts Center (highly recommend this event!) and stock up.  Unfortunately I missed the Boston Chocolate Show this January because I accidentally got Hamilton tickets for that same day matinee...  but I still have enough chocolate in my cupboard to tide me over until next year.  Yeah.  

• Like 2
Just now, ams1001 said:

I had a salad, too. I haven't done that in a while...I have thrown out so much produce lately because anxiety and stuff has been making it hard for me to eat. I am currently working on convincing myself that I am not dying. Once I calm down, maybe a milkshake with homemade chocolate syrup.

Definately have a milkshake and put candy in your pillowcase. I heard it on good authority that it helps.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

This... garment... is something.  Even rural Texas, where no one is likely to encounter him on his short walk to the end of the driveway, deserves better!  Think of the rabbits and the birds and the bees! 

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

That’s a big haul for the food bank. They’ll thrilled to get chips, cookies and the other junk foods necessary food for a healthy lifestyle.

I bet some poor kids would be pleased as punch to get a little treat, though.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Hope it gets better for you...  last 7-8 months have been absolutely miserable for me, but I think I am on the upswing now.  

• Hugs 5
4 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Not a walk in the park? We love walks in the park! Isn't that the point of the whole series? Walks in the park?

Guaranteed we will see Wess, lumbering through some crap, weed choked park, possibly pushing some cousin or nephew on a swing, and droning on about how he is back on track and excited to see what the future holds. 

• LOL 9
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

That’s a big haul for the food bank. They’ll thrilled to get chips, cookies and the other junk foods necessary food for a healthy lifestyle.

I interned at a shelter. Cookies, granola bars, sweet cereal, snack cakes and chocolate milk were handed out to folks who spend a lot of time outdoors. The extra calories helped them to stay warm. A serious concern in cold weather is low calories...this is why drug addiction often causes people to die from exposure.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
4 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Not a walk in the park? We love walks in the park! Isn't that the point of the whole series? Walks in the park?

Hey, I love walking in the park!  Though my walks are a bit more exciting than the ones we see on the show.  I actually break a sweat and they are about 8000 steps (can do a shorter loop for about 5500 instead or do extras for however long I feel like). 

• Like 1