Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Monstrous

So, Peter's the Benefactor but he never knew he was the Benefactor. Well, at least the explanation was better than I thought it would be. And it makes sense for Meredith and Peter being connected through the post-Hale fire. But really show? You couldn't have at least tried to put a fake wig on Ian Bohen to pretend he still had season 1 hair? Sometimes, this show is good on small details, and then other times it seems like they just don't care.

Peter wants to kill Scott. But obviously he wants Scott to kill someone and lose his true Alpha status first. Ok, then. That's dark. And it looks like Scott's not too far off from giving Peter what he wants. But Peter, really? Working with Kate to achieve this? I like Ian Bohen so that's why I'm tolerating Peter, but I'm not a big fan of Jill Wagner so Kate's presence annoys me. 

And that reminds me. This show does not do well on continuing storylines consecutively. Like, nobody cares that Kate's alive anymore, nor do they care that Derek's human. They won't address these two issues until it becomes a major issue, which annoys me.

Malia/Stiles teaming up was good. I don't like the nature of their romantic relationship, but I don't mind them working together. It's more interesting this way too, and I am liking Malia a bit more, so that's good.

Yay Kira's back! And yay the Benefactor storyline is done! And yay Chris was in the episode and being all badass!

Guess who was also badass? Sheriff Stilinski giving no craps about Peter. Thank goodness! And poor Jordan. He's just let into the supernatural secret, knows that he's one himself and he's getting beat up. Maybe he should just ask Peter about what he is. He seems to know almost everything (besides his own mindset, apparently). 

Oh, and Lydia was amazing. I like her storyline this season. And I liked the little references to Alison this episode. Again, this show does good on small details sometimes. And then there's other times...

• Love 1

And that reminds me. This show does not do well on continuing storylines consecutively. Like, nobody cares that Kate's alive anymore, nor do they care that Derek's human. They won't address these two issues until it becomes a major issue, which annoys me.

Agreed. And it's even more annoying for me because I have so many questions about those two, and everyone totally ignoring them leaves everything unanswered. I still don't know how Kate suddenly has berserker henchmen, what the hell she did to Derek down in Mexico, or why she's working with the guy who murdered/turned her. As for Derek, why the f did he lose his powers, and where did this suddenly-chill attitude come from? He was NOT this relaxed about everything the first three seasons. I'm just asking for a couple quick conversations. Maybe not even that, maybe just some classic evil villain rambling. Please, writers?

I'm not sure how I feel about the episode yet. I'll probably watch it again tomorrow to try and form an opinion. So banshees are telepathic now? Why hasn't Lydia experienced that yet? Is it only when they're unconscious? I hope that gets explained at some point. I kinda hated the scene between Stiles and Malia in the hospital room (and I rolled my eyes SO HARD when the door just opened itself. Really, show?), but I didn't mind them together the rest of the episode. I'm not really invested in the relationship, but they're cute together. I LOVED the scene toward the end with Lydia and Meredith. Also loved the gigantic fight scene against the army of...snipers? I know that snipers would've been shooting from a greater distance (and would've had far better aim), but I'm not sure what else to call them. Glad to see we're getting more Kate next week. I actually like the character, and I wish they would've been using her as more than just a third-tier villain all season.

Edited by Murcielago

I really liked the episode. I wish that they would stop cutting between stories so damn much. Heaven forbid they focus on one story line without seeing what everyone else is doing in Beacon Hills. I know they were helping each other, but I would have loved to see the fight at the warehouse with all the wolves. Well, really Scott's Pack because the other wolves didn't really fight did they?

I really hope that Papa Stilinski is the one to put Peter down. I hope they just didn't waste such a great line "There won't be a next time."

Anyone else hoping that Issac was going to show up in that fight? I keep hoping he's going to reappear when Scott needs another wolf ally on his side of the fight....I know he probably won't reappear soon, but a girl can hope right?

Meredith being the Benefactor still doesn't make much sense to me.  How did she steal the money and how did the machine work to send money?  I did like the fight scene though I find it hard to believe that Scott didn't kill that man.  He had his claws out (which can slice through metal) and was wailing on the guy pretty hard.  Jeff should've just had Scott killed him.  The assassin was trying to kill Scott so it's not like he was innocent.  So are we supposed to see the Deadpool as Peter's fault?

I think we're supposed to think of the Deadpool as a move or a piece on Peter's chessboard of going after Scott. If you think of everything that's happened, it's all leading to that checkmate right?

1. De-wolfing Derek

2. Deadpool (thinning the herd?)

3. Bringing Kate back into the fold? Maybe? She was on the list, so did Peter know she was alive?

4. Get Malia on his side-ish? At least maybe he thinks she is. I think that her relationship with Stiles is one move for Scott's side he might not have taken into consideration.

I'm thinking too much into a show that I know the writers don't put as much consideration into. But the theories are fun to play with!

I think the specific names on the deadpool have to be Meredith's doing rather than anything she picked up from Peter. There's no way he'd have known about the kid werewolves, Lydia, Kira, etc. back then. And no way anyone without precognition could have known about Liam when the deadpool was established. Peter's subconscious probably just supplied the basic idea and the hows of getting the money and contacting assassins. (Though I still have no clue how an ancient computer that's apparently been running unattended in the Martins' lakehouse for years could be involved in running the electronic transfers.)

But really show? You couldn't have at least tried to put a fake wig on Ian Bohen to pretend he still had season 1 hair?

Not necessarily a flub, since the flashback was to a couple years before the series started in 2011. He could have had a short haircut at the time Meredith was in the hospital. Though I have no explanation for the Hulk-like neck...

I really felt for Peter when he was ranting in the hospital about the fire.  He did a lot of terrible things but I do think they were motivated initially by getting revenge for the fire and making himself safe.  We're only seeing things from Peter's viewpoint but maybe Talia was too naive when it came to the hunters.  If she knew that the Argents were headed by Gerard and knew how Deucalion's attempts at peace with the Argents worked out, why would she tolerate their presence in Beacon Hills?  Why didn't she either move her family or kill Gerard or drive the Argents out?  Peter is too power hungry to be a good leader but maybe the Hale pack would've been better served by a leader that combined Talia's wisdom and leadership abilities with Peter's methodical planning and pragmatism.  

I think the internal dynamics of the Hale family would be very interesting.  There seems to have been some friction between Talia and Peter when it came to the direction the pack should go.  How much older was Talia than Peter?  They're supposed to be brother and sister but in the flashback he looked like he was in his late teens/early 20s whereas Talia looked like she was in her late 30s/early 40s.

I wonder what Scott was turning into when he almost killed the assassin.  His face was getting darker and the bone structure was changing, kind of like Deucalion's wolf form.  Was Tyler Posey tipsy on the VMA red carpet?  He seemed to be super pumped to be there.

• Love 2

Peter's influence on Meredith makes everything make SO much more sense than Meredith hating on supernaturals on her own and randomly stealing the 117 mill.

Lots of outstanding questions still:

Peter was obviously resentful of Talia before the fire. Did he conspire with Kate before the fire, and only pretend to slash her enough to kill her? Was THAT all a plan, too?

Is Peter actually an alpha? I think he has to be for that claws in the neck trick to work.

There are a LOT of missing steps between Grandma Martin sensing a big list o' death coming in the future, and a computer system behind a sealed wall kicking on automatically in 2012. (And why would she use '70s computers, unless she had some old ones sitting around from back in her career days? Still more reliable to get something newer from a box store.)

What is Chris going to do with the yellow wolfsbane?

Does Papa Stilinski still have a slug in his shoulder, as apparently they hauled him out of his drugged sleep and brought him in to work?

Will Mrs. Martin be able to get that wall drywalled before the open house next weekend?

Also:

Thank you Scott for not traumatizing poor Liam more than he already is.

Yay! Satomi still has pack!

I really loved that even though she appeared to be the big bad, Parrish was still really protective of Meredith. He has a soft spot for banshees. (And/or an instinctive mistrust of Peter, which, good call.)

I liked Stiles and Malia working together on solving the mystery, Lydia and the Sheriff working together on Meredith, and Scott, Kira, Derek, Braeden, and Chris working together to protect the Buddhist werewolves.

• Love 1

And suddenly, I have inappropriate crushes on Chris Argent and Papa Stilinski. I think I may have just moved out of MTV's target demographic. But they were both so badass tonight. I'm torn. I want Sheriff to fulfill his promise, but I think it's Scott and Lydia's turn to kill Peter. Ian Bohen put in a good performance tonight, too, although the "I'm gonna kill Scott McCall" line might have been a little scarier if that hadn't been revealed in a promo weeks ago. Derek's "they get to be a name on our deadpool." It played better in the promo.

I think I like that Brent character. He and that girl reminded me of Boyd and Erica when he tried to shield her from the crossbows. And speaking of newbie werewolves, I thought the way Liam was kept out of the action tonight was good. He just isn't ready to play hero all the time. He came off pretty sympathetic in that scene.

I noticed the medical chart for Peter in the flashback listed his age as 38. Which is how old Ian Bohen turns next month. And doesn't fit at all with the flashbacks to Young Peter being not long before the fire.  And how old is Meredith? Her paperwork said she was admitted in 2009, but she seems the same age as everyone else, and definitely wasn't 12 in the flashback. What year is it now in the series? Teen Wolf, can you just write down a timeline and stick to it, please? Possibly send it out to fans who get headaches pondering these questions? Thanks.

• Love 1

Is Peter actually an alpha? I think he has to be for that claws in the neck trick to work.

He's used it on Isaac as a beta, and Derek did it in an uncontrolled fashion to Jackson when he was a beta. I gather that alphas are better at it, but presumably Peter retained the knowledge of how to do it after his resurrection.

Peter was obviously resentful of Talia before the fire. Did he conspire with Kate before the fire, and only pretend to slash her enough to kill her? Was THAT all a plan, too?

If Peter helped with the fire, he's lost all my sympathy.  But I think his resentment of Talia seems to have stemmed from what he perceived as her naivete when it came to dealing with the Argents.  Gerard, a man Talia described as a "maniac" and who clearly hated werewolves was in charge of a group of people who regularly killed and tortured werewolves.   That and he seems to have been a bit of a werewolf supremacist, though that may have been his reaction to the fire and deaht of his family speaking.  

So I guess Scott was the person who "showed a new form" as one of the show-runners teased.  It was more wolfish, but not quite there.  I'm guessing they'll save "Scott goes full-on wolf" for the finale.

Obviously the writers didn't do a lot of research about 70's era computers.  The reel-to-reel tapes are data storage, not processing.  They wouldn't be spinning continuously like that.  Still not sure how shutting the computer off sent the "stop killing, yo" signal out.  I guess I'll have to lump it in with the Evil-Nazi-Scientist-in-a-computer from The Winter Soldier.

Worst.  Assassins.  Ever.  They unloaded hundreds if not thousands of bullets yet didn't kill anyone.  Hey, if you're using laser-sights on your guns, perhaps filling the room with smoke grenades thus obscuring your targets isn't the brightest idea.

I'm glad they haven't had any quick resolution to what Parrish is.  It gives me hope that he'll be sticking around longer. 

I thought the acting was really good.  Too bad it was in service of such a lackluster and anticlimatic story.

• Love 1

Was there any explanation for why Satomi didn't take out that entire warehouse full of legally blind mercenary riflemen in about 15 seconds? Last time I checked she was still an alpha werewolf, and not hampered by the twin constraints of soft-heartedness and ineptitude like Scott.

• Love 3

Was there any explanation for why Satomi didn't take out that entire warehouse full of legally blind mercenary riflemen in about 15 seconds? Last time I checked she was still an alpha werewolf, and not hampered by the twin constraints of soft-heartedness and ineptitude like Scott.

Seriously, it's like they traded personalities. Just recently she took out an assassin at the hospital without breaking a sweat, and tonight nearly took out Chris in his own building with her little mini-spear. Then she turns around and talks about getting all zen in order to tame the beast and lets the McCall pack + Argent take out the assassins. Trying to prove to Chris she's not a killer? Self defense is allowed.

I noticed the medical chart for Peter in the flashback listed his age as 38. Which is how old Ian Bohen turns next month. And doesn't fit at all with the flashbacks to Young Peter being not long before the fire. And how old is Meredith? Her paperwork said she was admitted in 2009, but she seems the same age as everyone else, and definitely wasn't 12 in the flashback. What year is it now in the series? Teen Wolf, can you just write down a timeline and stick to it, please? Possibly send it out to fans who get headaches pondering these questions? Thanks.

Jeff hasn't done a show bible and timeline, and he won't. Therefore the art department has no guidance and half the props are wrong. No guidance on Meredith, but I've been thinking 16-18 in flashback, 23-25 now. Here is the approximate timeline I mentally go by:

1970s Lorraine working for IBM

Maddie dies sometime before Lydia is born

1978ish Peter born*

1988 Derek is born (per his drivers license, see also note below)

1994-5 The teenagers are born

2003 Derek/Paige, Deucalion betrayed by Gerard, Peter warns Talia the hunters will come

2005 Kate seduces Derek, the Hale fire**, Peter injured, Meredith injured at the lake house, both are at hospital

2006-2011, Peter in long-term care, Meredith in Eichen House, sometime in here Lorraine killed by Brunski

2011 season 1

2012 season 4 The Deadpool kicks on

*My guess on Peter was always that he was ~25 during the Paige incident—young enough to be played by the younger actor and lurk around the school, so 27 around the fire, 33 in s1. Prop canon saying 38 was probably the art department having no direction and pulling Ian Bohen's age. (I'm not terribly fussed by his age versus Talia's. My mom had nephews younger than her, and I went to school with kids who had siblings 18 years older. With long-lived, healthy werewolves, I imagine families could stretch out even longer.)

**In the pilot ep, Stiles says Derek's family died, like, ten years ago, but he didn't stop and calculate exactly. Every other mention, glimpse of a report, etc., has said six years before the pilot. He also remembers Derek as being "a few years older than us" which, to a kid, six years would be about the max.

Edited by ahisma
  • Love 1

This show makes no sense anymore. Who set up the computers? Why would Meredith's grandmother set up computers to make her prediction come true when she clearly in an earlier episode said don't kill Ariel (Meredith). Why would Peter now be working with the very person who set the fire and supposedly injured him? He decided she was right? I'm not sure how much longer I can watch this show. It just makes no sense at all. None of the timelines are coherent. I can handwave with the best of them if there's at least some attempt to make the major plot points make sense, but seriously they aren't even trying anymore. And also half the town is supernatural? Hate that. So stupid.

Edited by ljp
  • Love 2

s for Derek, why the f did he lose his powers, and where did this suddenly-chill attitude come from? He was NOT this relaxed about everything the first three seasons.

Well if he's no longer a werewolf, he no longer has werewolf anger issues, meaning he has a regular human emotional range but with a lot of training in self control.

Overall a pretty good episode, though it did feel a bit like they wanted a flashier end to the assassin arc but had to keep it low budget to put the money to the finale action set pieces, kind of like how in 3B it's obvious they blew their entire Oni budget on the first episode with them.

• Love 1

Agreed that the Dead Pool computer system makes no sense, none that was coherently explained in this episode at least. And I'm really growing tired of the immediate and hugely convenient leaps of logic characters are making to solve the weekly mysteries. 

First we had...  

"We need to find a cure for the virus!!"

"Oh hey Derek, remember all those times I had tea with your mother?" 

"OMG, THE TEA IS THE CURE!!"

Now we get...

"We need a key to stop the evil computer!"

"Oh hey Stiles, that wine stain on the carpet has disappeared..."

"OMG, THE KEY IS IN THE WINE!!"

Seriously, who hides a key in wine? I'd have much preferred to see Malia wolf out and smash the thing. 

I'm kind of bored of both the Scott/Kira and Stiles/Malia pairings and want to see Scott & Stiles having adventures together again. I guess it can be tricky sometimes because they have to have Scott doing the physical fighting while Stiles does the brain work but something is missing when those boys aren't together.  

Every episode, I'm starting to feel like Melissa, Chris and the Sheriff are the best part of the show. I also thought the Peter flashback was great and I have to hope he doesn't get killed off because he is the best villain the show has got. Derek continues to be useless as a non-werewolf. Chris massively upstages him as a gun wielding human badass. I'm kind of disappointed that Meredith isn't an evil genius.

So they protect Satomi's pack and send Liam (now worth 18 mill) home alone? Okay...   

Edited by Yitzhak

One thing I noticed is the fact that when Coma-Peter was outlining his plot, when listing assassins, alongside The Mute and the Chemist he named... The Desert Wolf. After a dramatic pause.

So Malia's mother is some kind of fearsome assassin. Interesting.

So Malia's mother is some kind of fearsome assassin. Interesting.

Since the Desert Wolf has been mentioned mulitple times, does this mean we will get to see her next season? Meaning that Peter probably isn't going to die by this season's end. Or at least he better not. He's the only compitent villian they have and will probably ever have. Scott is Clark Kent and Peter is Lex Luther, you can't have one without the other. I wonder Argent will be pulled into that Arc as well...like maybe he knows who she is?

I loved the scene between Stilinksi and Peter. The dichotomy and tension in that scene was delicious....but seeing as how Meridith needed Peter there to "finish it" (Hello Se7en ripoff), I'm guessing that Peter was going to kill everyone in that room had Stilinski even so much as flinched.

How much time have Peter and Malia spent together? He seemed genuinly upset that people would assume he'd ever put his own daughter (along with his nephew) on the list.

Add me to the list of people who thought it was lame that the fight was ended because of a text message. I have major doubts that anyone (outside of the werewolves) would've even noticed the buzzing.

The beginning scene with Scott and Liam was very touching and I think rang very true. Most people in Scott's situation wouldn't be going out of their way to help other people. (I totes got Season 1 or 2 Buffy "I'm only 16, I don't want to die" angsty realness from blonde Clark Kent.)

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
Why would Peter now be working with the very person who set the fire and supposedly injured him? He decided she was right?

To be fair, it is very much in his best interest to live by the example of "Death wipes the slate clean." His continued existence is at the sufferance of people he terrorized or cost their nearest and dearest.

I liked this episode, thought I'm confused so why did Merideth do it? Just because Peter suggested it didn't make it less "evil", which she didn't appear to be. And it wasn't all that suprising that Peter wants to kill Scott since that was in a preview.

I loved that they finally showed Scott fight, and I think had that text not gone through he was going to kill that guy. While I didn't mind Stiles and Miala I wish they weren't so separate from everything else was going on. I did like the stuff in the sheriff's office.

One thing I was confused on in the hospital who locked the door and why?

So they protect Satomi's pack and send Liam (now worth 18 mill) home alone? Okay...   

He didn't. Scott said in the episode he was going to take him home. I assume his parents were at least home.

Add me to the list of people who thought it was lame that the fight was ended because of a text message. I have major doubts that anyone (outside of the werewolves) would've even noticed the buzzing.

I assumed they all had earpieces and mikes, and probably someone on the outside running logistics/communications. As soon as one person caught the text, they word would spread pretty quickly, "Pull out, mission aborted. Contracts terminated." Some might be in a noisier area or more wrapped up in what they were doing than others, but eventually they'd all hear it.

• Love 1
I liked this episode, thought I'm confused so why did Merideth do it? Just because Peter suggested it didn't make it less "evil", which she didn't appear to be.

I think she was just too insane to realize the full implications of what she was doing. They keep saying that all she ever wanted to do was help, and since she thought of Peter as a friend, she thought she was helping him by carrying out his plan. I think they also implied she believed she was helping Lydia since Allison was killed by the supernatural.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole plot yet. I can't decide if it's a little cheap that there truly is no big bad for this storyline, just two mentally ill people who got their wires crossed, or if it's a clever twist.

Who set up the computers? Why would Meredith's grandmother set up computers to make her prediction come true when she clearly in an earlier episode said don't kill Ariel (Meredith).

Yeah I just watched this episode and this whole set up with the computers made no sense to me.  

Edited by Atony
  • Love 1

This show makes no sense anymore. Who set up the computers? Why would Meredith's grandmother set up computers to make her prediction come true when she clearly in an earlier episode said don't kill Ariel (Meredith). Why would Peter now be working with the very person who set the fire and supposedly injured him? He decided she was right? I'm not sure how much longer I can watch this show. It just makes no sense at all. None of the timelines are coherent. I can handwave with the best of them if there's at least some attempt to make the major plot points make sense, but seriously they aren't even trying anymore. And also half the town is supernatural? Hate that. So stupid.

Did the show ever make sense?  I can barely figure out what is going on myself.

So Peter is waiting for Scott to lose his true alpha status by murdering someone?  It won't take much to defeat Scott, just slightly above average strength. 

• Love 1

So Peter is waiting for Scott to lose his true alpha status by murdering someone?  It won't take much to defeat Scott, just slightly above average strength. 

Seriously. Scott's only still alive by dumb luck. I really don't think an elaborate plan and machinations are needed to kill this guy.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode. I admit it. It made approximately zero sense but I still enjoyed it.

My only real gripe (because 'this season makes no damn sense' is somewhat redundant) is that it somehow feels as though there's both too many characters and yet too few. Too many new faces and they're too poorly drawn.

How frickin huge was Satomi's pack in the first place? There seemed to be at least 10-12 of them who died from the Chemist's poison, and she still has half a dozen that need protecting in this episode? If Alphas are meant to draw their strength from their packs she must have been insanely powerful before this season, even if her pack seem wildly incompetent.

On which note, I loved Derek 'explaining' to Scott that these werewolves have claws but are utterly incapable of fighting (with the implication of "Unlike you, Scott"), as if Scott or any of the other protagonist wolves we've seen on the show have ever demonstrated (a) any training whatsoever in any kind of martial art or werewolf-attack-skills or (b) any tactics, skills or competence in fighting beyond "run at things and wave your claws around wildly".

One other thing - am I mis-remembering, or did Peter imply quite strongly to Malia that he didn't know who the Desert Wolf was and had only turned up that name in very vague reference to Malia's adoption? 'Cause here (in a flashback, but still post-memory-wipe) he knows her well enough to know she's an assassin, and to have a bit of a chuckle to himself at the thought of hiring her. I guess we can add that to the ever-growing list of things Peter's being wildly sketchy about.

• Love 1

How frickin huge was Satomi's pack in the first place? There seemed to be at least 10-12 of them who died from the Chemist's poison, and she still has half a dozen that need protecting in this episode?

Didn't they mention at one point that she was the oldest living Werewolf?  If so, then it would make sense that her pack was very large.  I mean Scott has barely been an Alpha long and he already has Liam and Malia and for all intents and purposes, Lydia and Stiles are in his pack as well.

I did like the Meredith-Peter connection. That was a very clever twist, even if it was the only plot point that made sense. And was the opening scene supposed to be a reminder of a season 1 scene (doesn't Lydia stand in the rain at some time, all the lights go on and alpha-peter comes? hm..)

But there was so much that just demanded "because the plot says so", it's head shaking. But the visuals are okay, dialogue is mostly just funny, but I'm really not sure in the end if this show/season is watchable on a second run. I mean, all those cliffhangers being cliffhangers for cliffhangery sense must stick out way worse when you know the end villain..

Most nonsense has already been listed in this thread but can somebody explain to me why a mercenary group would just storm such a building? They must know what happened to all the other assassins, shooting a house to the ground during the night in America doesn't just seem like a sensible way forward. Then look at their material and "person costs" and how much could they really have made forward due to that gig? I know, the attackers were mainly for Scott to have that "can't kill a human (but still being full of blood)"-moment. Sigh....

I did like the Meredith-Peter connection. That was a very clever twist, even if it was the only plot point that made sense. And was the opening scene supposed to be a reminder of a season 1 scene (doesn't Lydia stand in the rain at some time, all the lights go on and alpha-peter comes? hm..)

But there was so much that just demanded "because the plot says so", it's head shaking. But the visuals are okay, dialogue is mostly just funny, but I'm really not sure in the end if this show/season is watchable on a second run. I mean, all those cliffhangers being cliffhangers for cliffhangery sense must stick out way worse when you know the end villain..

Most nonsense has already been listed in this thread but can somebody explain to me why a mercenary group would just storm such a building? They must know what happened to all the other assassins, shooting a house to the ground during the night in America doesn't just seem like a sensible way forward. Then look at their material and "person costs" and how much could they really have made forward due to that gig? I know, the attackers were mainly for Scott to have that "can't kill a human (but still being full of blood)"-moment. Sigh....

Scott alone is worth 25 million dollars.  Satomi and Kira together are worth 16 million.  So that's 41 million dollars right there.  That's definitely enough money to warrant a military-level assault.  If anything, Jeff's been too lenient on the Mccall pack.  Given how much they're worth, they should be constantly fighting off assassins and mercenaries and Lydia, with her zero-level combat skills should either be long dead or constantly shadowed by the stronger members of the pack.  Seriously though, she's worth $20 million and cannot fight or heal.  What's stopping someone from straight up invading her home and shooting her?

Nah, not convinced. For a military assault in a industrial state, you need to have more than 41 million dollars in real life. You need to make the risk calculation and then find a institution that can let their soldiers train in the U.S. long enough and equip them with that gear. Those were no street thugs, those were blackwater style mercenaries. 41 millions is not enough to engage in criminal activities. You can also compare the numbers to the Mexican Drug war and see that they are higher there. But Beacon Hills is supposed to be in the US so it's enormousy risky in the long-term to do these activities. But then again of course this is also true for the Argents and whatever the various wolf clans have been doing. It's not supposed to make sense after all.

How frickin huge was Satomi's pack in the first place? There seemed to be at least 10-12 of them who died from the Chemist's poison, and she still has half a dozen that need protecting in this episode? If Alphas are meant to draw their strength from their packs she must have been insanely powerful before this season, even if her pack seem wildly incompetent.

My head canon - It seems to me like she was drawing betas to her who were scared of their "monsterhood" and wanted to learn to control it. There are probably a lot of people turned by rogues or by accident who don't know what to do, and she was very into the mantra, staying on the down low, and keeping her own fighting skills sharp to protect them. (Man, I'm going to miss her when she inevitably gets killed off.)

One other thing - am I mis-remembering, or did Peter imply quite strongly to Malia that he didn't know who the Desert Wolf was and had only turned up that name in very vague reference to Malia's adoption? 'Cause here (in a flashback, but still post-memory-wipe) he knows her well enough to know she's an assassin, and to have a bit of a chuckle to himself at the thought of hiring her. I guess we can add that to the ever-growing list of things Peter's being wildly sketchy about.

Peter seemed honestly (so weird to use that word for Peter!) puzzled as to the identity of Malia's mother. An alpha memory wipe doesn't take memories, just suppresses them, so my guess is that either his unconscious state or Meredith's psychic abilities meant that in his coma he knew who the Desert Wolf was (at least in general, as an assassin) but when he woke up he didn't have access to anything about her.

• Love 2

Nah, not convinced. For a military assault in a industrial state, you need to have more than 41 million dollars in real life. You need to make the risk calculation and then find a institution that can let their soldiers train in the U.S. long enough and equip them with that gear. Those were no street thugs, those were blackwater style mercenaries. 41 millions is not enough to engage in criminal activities. You can also compare the numbers to the Mexican Drug war and see that they are higher there. But Beacon Hills is supposed to be in the US so it's enormousy risky in the long-term to do these activities. But then again of course this is also true for the Argents and whatever the various wolf clans have been doing. It's not supposed to make sense after all.

I'm assuming the group that came after them in the lost were hunters, not actual professionals. Chris and his family make their money by selling weopons (mostly on the illegal end), who's to say most of the other hunter families don't do the same or have connections of the same variety? The Calaveras have also shown to have their hand in other things that go beyond just hunting, and they have lots of nifty little things in their arsenal. I'd say they had closer to 50 mil in that loft. Brett was worth a cool mil by himself, wasn't he? So to people who don't move 100 mil of coke and gonja on the regular, I'm pretty sure that's a hefty little payout. Pick up a couple of freelance mercenaries, tell everyone to BYOE.....IDK, I can fanwank it out.

What I can't fanwank out was how they had all those damn bullets. Ain't that many bullets, bullet making, in that half of the country....if they were in Texas, I'd say maybe.

Considering most of the people running around that warehouse were either the assassins or shapeshifters, they should have had a bunch of the latter get cut down by non-fatal bullet wounds to make the former seem more competent. (There's also the matter of Chris Argent spraying the whole warehouse with machine gun fire and not hitting anyone, but as many times as his head's been conked into walls I can see him having trouble picking which version of each target to aim at.)

He didn't. Scott said in the episode he was going to take him home. I assume his parents were at least home.

Yes, but are Liam's parents (who don't even know their son is a werewolf with a huge price on his head) going to be able to fight off professional assassins?

Edited by Yitzhak

Yes, but are Liam's parents (who don't even know their son is a werewolf with a huge price on his head) going to be able to fight off professional assassins?

No, which is why the deadpool storyline doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I don't know anything about the world of mercenaries and how desensitized people can become toward killing, but if these people know exactly what species they're hunting, the McCall pack should be facing a lot more enemies than what they have.  Millions of dollars, whether it's 4 or 6 or 25, is balls to the wall don't give a damn shoot up/bomb a lacrosse meet type money to the right kind of people.

Edited by lion10

That's true. I guess the real reason really was because isn't the actor who plays him really like 16, so he probably had to be in school or something doing the filming of this episode.

Edited by blueray

I liked this episode. I also liked Scott's "wolfing out" and I wish he had killed that guy. At some point Scott will have to kill to defend himself, however I didn't realize that doing that would let him loose his true alpha status.

The issue I have with the "the sun, the moon etc" mantra is this, if you're a werewolf being chased by an assassin intent on killing you, WHY would you want to suppress your wolf, shouldn't you wolf out to at least try and defend yourself even if you're not a fighter.

Not surprised that Peter wants to kill Scott, for a second I was wondering if he was on on the humanizing of Derek but I don't think so.

I liked the twist if Peter being that actual benefactor via Meredith.

I liked this episode. I also liked Scott's "wolfing out" and I wish he had killed that guy. At some point Scott will have to kill to defend himself, however I didn't realize that doing that would let him loose his true alpha status.

The issue I have with the "the sun, the moon etc" mantra is this, if you're a werewolf being chased by an assassin intent on killing you, WHY would you want to suppress your wolf, shouldn't you wolf out to at least try and defend yourself even if you're not a fighter.

Not surprised that Peter wants to kill Scott, for a second I was wondering if he was on on the humanizing of Derek but I don't think so.

I liked the twist if Peter being that actual benefactor via Meredith.

When was it said that Scott killing someone would result in him losing True Alpha status? It's hard to believe that Scott didn't kill that guy. Werewolf claws have been repeatedly shown to slice through metal and Scott was hitting the guy with all he had. He should have gutted the man.

I'm also confused how Scott didn't manage to end up killing that dude.  He's the worst werewolf ever.  Not that I want Scott to be a murderer but come on!  He slashed that dude at least half a dozen times and somehow not one of them ripped through his kevlar or neck?  The dude was barely bleeding.  It looked more like a wound from a wee splinter than from fists or claws.  

I'm also pretty sure Melissa wasn't the one who locked Malia and stiles in together.  Why would she care about their relationship?  Why would she know anything about it?  It's not like the kids tell the parents everything.  Save for maybe Papa Stilinski.  

The only good thing about this episode was Peter telling Stilinski, in the best sarcastic voice ever, how "exemplary" the police department is.  

At this point I'm wondering if werewolves EVER manage to kill anyone with their claws. Peter ripped Kate's throat out, and the whole damn Alpha Pack ganged up to use Braeden as their scratching post, yet both are still around. Maybe next Boyd is going to show up miraculously un-killed?

• Love 2

Ugh.  Worst fight scene I've seen in a long time.  

So that's how the dead pool wraps up?  Meredith was inadvertently inspired by Peter way back when, and somehow Lydia's grandmother knew it would happen and had some ancient computers built behind the wall of a soundproof room years earlier to warn Lydia of it, and hid a key that would turn off the computers in a bottle of wine?  This show hurts my head.

I usually like Peter as an antagonist. But I'm not sure I like him as the unintended source for the idea of the dead pool.  This could be one of those things where I'm influenced by fandom - which clearly puts more time, effort and affection into their consideration of the characters than Jeff Davis does - but I like Peter best when he's a thorn in everyone's side but isn't outright evil.  

Now we get...
"We need a key to stop the evil computer!"
"Oh hey Stiles, that wine stain on the carpet has disappeared..."
"OMG, THE KEY IS IN THE WINE!!"

What's sad is that that's typical of the leaps of what...? Not logic, that's for sure... that the show has been producing lately.  I stopped caring who the Benefactor was a while ago, but now I want to know if I should drop keys in all of my wine bottles so that wine stains won't last if anything is spilled.

I'm also pretty sure Melissa wasn't the one who locked Malia and stiles in together.  Why would she care about their relationship?

Yeah, I hope it wasn't Melissa.  I have enough issues with Malia's writing without having to worry that the writers are going to start making other characters ship Stalia.  But I don't know who it would have been instead.  

• Love 2