Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Wrecking Ball

• Start Topic

Angela meets Michael's friends. Liz's new opportunity puts her relationship in jeopardy. Usman and Kim catch Usman's brother off guard when they ask to adopt his son. Sumit reveals he wants a baby. Jovi and Yara reach a breaking point.

First Look: 9/12/22; TLC: 11/12/22; Discovery+: 11/12/22

2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Sumit reveals he wants a baby.

Sumit just watched past seasons and realized that he forgot to demand that of his bride who he damn well knew couldn't give him a baby back when he started dating her. You know, when she was in her 50s.....He is a spineless coward who is afraid of Jenny (to actually cut ties) and also probably does feel a little bad about all that she has gone through for their relationship. So this is his get out of jail card. demand a baby he knows damn well she can't give him, divorce. Or send her home in a huff. Next season: Jenny is shocked when Sumit's family shows up, baby mama en tow. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Sumit just watched past seasons and realized that he forgot to demand that of his bride who he damn well knew couldn't give him a baby back when he started dating her. You know, when she was in her 50s.....He is a spineless coward who is afraid of Jenny (to actually cut ties) and also probably does feel a little bad about all that she has gone through for their relationship. So this is his get out of jail card. demand a baby he knows damn well she can't give him, divorce. Or send her home in a huff. Next season: Jenny is shocked when Sumit's family shows up, baby mama en tow. 

I don't think he wants a baby, his mother wants him to have a baby and as usual he doesn't have the balls to say no to her, probably because his mother carries them in a little purse.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

The first look:

The goofballs heard all about Angela’s visit and wanting to smash up Mykull’s car and had to check it out for themselves.

Jamal is still trying to get to the bottom of the Usman adopting the kid story.

Yara and Jovi are not getting along and she drives Jovi and his friend Tal, along with Katrina, to some mountain hike. Katrina still tries to get Jovi to let Yara stay.

Ed does not want Liz to work or maybe just part time. Does not want her working nights. Uh, it is a restaurant.

Chuck and Libby and Andrei chat. Chuck has met a new lady and he suggests a double date. Charlie and Megan go on about all the woes that is Andrei, Libby, and Chuck.

Jovi and Yara reach a breaking point and it looks like they are heading for splitsville. Or more fakery for a storyline.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2022 at 11:08 PM, Frozendiva said:

The first look:

Jamal is still trying to get to the bottom of the Usman adopting the kid story.

Ed does not want Liz to work or maybe just part time. Does not want her working nights. Uh, it is a restaurant.

There is nothing for Jamall to get to the bottom of. Scam-man will do anything to get to the United States and Jamal needs to get his mother's ass on a plane and take her home.  NOW, Kimbaaaaly is thinking Scam-man is going too far???  When he first talked about  taking a child away from his mother, she did not think that was going too far?  Scam-man must have a magic dick!!

No, Liz is not choosing between the Troll and her job. She is choosing between the Troll and her DAUGHTER.  The Troll has a mommy and she seems to be a pretty good one and even she is fed up with him. He doesn't need a second mommy.  How can you "love" anyone that needy and petulant?

Edited by Kid
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Ed wants a 1950s wife. I hope Liz doesn't give into him.

Good partners let their partners grow. Even if that means they lose some hours with them.

Can you imagine what a psycho mean girl Charlie's wife must have been in high school? She's like the Bad Seed.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 12/10/2022 at 12:08 AM, Frozendiva said:

When she described her role as a "restaurant manager" (note, not *the* restaurant manager if she has shifts to cover), and they later showed her working, that sounded like a real job.  But when she was offered to be "part owner", that really made me wonder.   I've worked in plenty of small family restaurants that were just personally owned.  That kind of business structure makes sense.  Partial ownership implies some sort of shared responsibility and risk, in addition to coercing someone to work even more than they would as a shift or salaried worker.

It is worth pointing out - assuming we believe this storyline - that working 80 hours a week and being a single mother would be pretty challenging.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I thought last week Liz said she needed to return to full time work because she had depleted her savings.  So where is she going to get the money to purchase an ownership share?  They don’t just give you partial ownership for being a hard worker.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Has there ever been a funnier 90 Day plot than Usman attempting to kidnap his nephew to complete his American family? Other moments have brought the laughs, but this storyline is just consistent hilarity week after week. The way Usman set Kimbally and the audience up to think this was a custom that seemed odd to our Western eyes but was totally normal in Nigerian culture, only for his brother to react with shocked confusion? Was hysterical. At one point, poor little Mahadi, who hasn’t been following the conversation, hears his own name and smiles brilliantly in response. The contrast with his parents’ horrified faces behind him was a sight to behold. Trust Usman to come up with a plan that only a 4-year-old is open to considering!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought last week Liz said she needed to return to full time work because she had depleted her savings.  So where is she going to get the money to purchase an ownership share?  They don’t just give you partial ownership for being a hard worker.

I was wondering that. Suspecting that the restaurant was in trouble because of Covid closures. I would want to see the financial statements and other legal stuff before showing an interest in doing so. Maybe the dude thinks that her fiancé will cough up the cash.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I was wondering that. Suspecting that the restaurant was in trouble because of Covid closures. I would want to see the financial statements and other legal stuff before showing an interest in doing so. Maybe the dude thinks that her fiancé will cough up the cash.

I think they assume Liz is making bank because she has most likely played this up as "I am a star on a reality tv show" a la "real housewives" not this mess. They don't understand how much debt she most likely has and how much $$ they drop in alcohol and mayo (for Ed's hair) each week. Plus they probably hope the exposure of the restaurant on the show will bring in business. 

The look on Usman's brother's face was priceless. Like, WTF are you talking about? I am glad that Kim actually was honest with him and his wife though and said, I will not convert, nope, no way. The fact that they said they would consider it and talk to others I hope was just a way to save face and not humiliate Usman on camera. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I actually fell asleep during Live Chat viewing!  lol OMG.,,,,had to watch it later.  

I don’t believe Submit wants a baby.  It would take away from the babying he gets.  

Why does Liz want to work until 1:00 a.m.?  Running a restaurant is a very challenging job.  It’s actually everyday all day.  With her attempts to reduce drinking and to attend a fragile engagement, that kind of work would be ill advised, but I doubt she’s spoken to professionals about how prudent it would be.  Plus, it’s not conducive to parenting time.  Does she have a degree?  Career counseling might be helpful.  I’m wondering if Liz is a perpetual victim.  I’m confused, because I thought Liz wanted them to move away from San Diego….so, move away, but she still works at the restaurant that’s in San Diego ….maybe I missed something.  

Usman is a bore.  I did feel bad about that scene with his brother’s family, that was so pathetic. Jamal looked pained.  Was he concerned over whether the child understood what was being discussed or was he disgusted the depths of his mother’s desperation.  The look on his face…..very disturbing.  Regardless how fake it is….Jamal was not on board.  I fear Kim is not on good grounds with him at this point.  It’s beyond farce territory for me.   I guess we get to see Kim put her foot down for 134th time.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

As much as the Usman adoption story seems like completely made up BS, I did find it interesting that they talked more about his family's culture.  Michael is also in Nigeria, but they seem worlds apart, beyond just religion.

This is a bit click-baity, and incorrectly titled, but otherwise informative:

https://blogdigger.com/nigerian-culture/#:~:text=The Hausa are the largest ethnic group in,ethnic group in Nigeria and are predominantly Christian.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

As much as the Usman adoption story seems like completely made up BS, I did find it interesting that they talked more about his family's culture.  Michael is also in Nigeria, but they seem worlds apart, beyond just religion.

This is a bit click-baity, and incorrectly titled, but otherwise informative:

https://blogdigger.com/nigerian-culture/#:~:text=The Hausa are the largest ethnic group in,ethnic group in Nigeria and are predominantly Christian.

Well Userman is an international superstar so there's that.

• Wink 4
  • LOL 1

I wonder what Sumit and Usman thought would happen when they got involved with post-menopausal women.  Why was that goof ball so rude to Angela?  If memory serves, those guys were always so respectful to her.  It seems as though they just wanted to meet with them so that they could ask Michael about his career as an influencer and curse at Angela.  It didn't make sense. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don’t believe Submit wants a baby.  It would take away from the babying he gets.  

Sumit doesn't want a baby. He wants his parents back and they want him to have a baby (but not with Jenny, even if that were possible). I'm still stunned that he will even say out loud that he is thinking of having a child just to please his parents.

• Love 1

I know this is has been said so many times before, but, man, the insecurities on this episode were out of control. Are people so afraid that their partner will leave them if they aren't kept under lock and key? Instead of Jovi worrying so much about Yara staying in Europe, he should try to see why she is so miserable in the U.S. He doesn't even seem to mildly care about it, despite her repeating it day after day. While Liz's "promotion" still needs some explanation, Ed is so self-centered that he only talks about how it affects him. He must know that Liz's co-workers are what would finally convince her to leave him for good and with good reason. Then you have Sumit and Usman who are desperate to be on their mother's good sides that they are practically ready to grab a child off the street and claim them as their own.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

he should try to see why she is so miserable in the U.S. He doesn't even seem to mildly care about it, despite her repeating it day after day. 

Not only that, he wants to double down on it and buy a house in a place she hates. Whether she could make more of an effort or is able to really be happy anywhere with Jovi is a different conversation - he shouldn't be thinking about putting down those sorts of roots before they sort this out.

Then again, there aren't any deeper roots to put down than having a child together, so ...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Not only that, he wants to double down on it and buy a house in a place she hates. Whether she could make more of an effort or is able to really be happy anywhere with Jovi is a different conversation - he shouldn't be thinking about putting down those sorts of roots before they sort this out.

Then again, there aren't any deeper roots to put down than having a child together, so ...

Jovi seems like the type who hasn’t read a book since high school.  I can’t imagine their conversations.

• Fire 1
  • Love 6

Libby talking to her dad about her idea that someone from their family reported Andrei to immigration is such a crock of shit. First, they have already discussed this with her dad at least two times, and yet again they act like it's the first time they are telling her dad about it.  No one in the family reported Andrei. Andrei got into trouble in a different country, and they are investigating him. It's opportunistic that they are using it as a storyline, and trying to "hint" at who did it-- was it Charlie? Was it his wife? Their conversation was lame and pointless. Also, what happened to Libby's nursery rhyme business? Now we are back to who reported Andrei? (No one).

Liz and Ed's story keeps changing. First, they didn't know if they could get married if his family didn't accept her. Then, the family likes her, but now she doesn't know if they can get married if the mom and daughter don't accept her. Then they don't know if they can get married because Liz wants to work. Now Liz is saying she needs to work full time to be able to support her daughter and the courts will see her as a provider. She doesn't think getting married to Ed will show stability and will keep her from getting custody of her daughter. The partner storyline is beyond fake to me, and the only thing that I think is real is Ed is cripplingly insecure. Of, also Ed didn't know if he wanted to marry Liz because he thought she was a lesbian and not attracted to men.

Also, Ed works there too. Weird they don't talk about that.

o.jpg

Also, Ed said he doesn't want a partner that works 80 hours a week. He wants a wife. Then next episode he says he doesn't want to be pressured into marriage. Aren't they engaged? What the heck? He's saying really confusing things. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wait, Ed works at the restaurant too?  I thought he was a "designer/photographer/something else"?  

Liz wants to make some bank and have some independence.  Restaurant workers work nights & weekends till 1 a.m.  That's the lifestyle.  

Ed shouldn't have gotten involved with someone from a restaurant if he doesn't like that.  

Is that how they met?  At the restaurant?

My father managed a retail store in a mall.  My entire life, he worked every single Saturday, plus two late nights each week.  It was just life.  We did fine.  We made Sundays our family day, and the weeknights he worked late were our nights where we got pizza with mom.  My mom never once complained about this, as she knew how hard he worked at keeping our family going.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, torontomeridith said:

Instead of Jovi worrying so much about Yara staying in Europe, he should try to see why she is so miserable in the U.S. He doesn't even seem to mildly care about it, despite her repeating it day after day.

As far as we can tell from what Yara has said, the reason she is unhappy is because pretty much anywhere in the US that isn't Vegas, Miami, NY or Beverly HIlls is not "bougie" enough for her. She is all about image and flash---remember the engagement party when she bragged about her dress cost "several thousand dollars" and then someone found it on Amazon for maybe $100? LOL. She will use her family and friends and the war as convenient excuses to pack it up and leave. If she had not had the baby, this would be another couple that was married and divorced in record time, like Jorge and Anfisa, etc. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Of, also Ed didn't know if he wanted to marry Liz because he thought she was a lesbian and not attracted to men.

You can be attracted to men and not be attracted to Ed.  I think once she made fun of his dick it showed her true feelings about him as a mate.  They are only together because they are giant sinkholes of codependent need and fame whores.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wonder what Sumit and Usman thought would happen when they got involved with post-menopausal women. 

They thought their older mate would be so thankful to have a younger man that they would have the upper hand and the older woman would take care of and do anything for them.  Both never wanted children.  Sumit, as I can tell, has some sort of Oedipus complex. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wait, Ed works at the restaurant too?  I thought he was a "designer/photographer/something else"?  

I thought he was a photographer too, and as such, I'd think his work hours would be pretty well aligned with hers, with both of them working more on evenings/weekends and less during the conventional work week.

As far as we can tell from what Yara has said, the reason she is unhappy is because pretty much anywhere in the US that isn't Vegas, Miami, NY or Beverly HIlls is not "bougie" enough for her. 

To be fair, it's not like Jovi shows her any part of New Orleans apart from strip clubs and bars. 

I also think that Yara is lonely and no geographic cure is going to fix that (though spending more time in Europe near her family and friends would). Jovi is routinely gone for weeks at a time for work and she is alone with a baby. I know she gets help from her mother-in-law; she can join mommy-and-me, blah, blah, blah but basically she is doing the solo parent gig 24/7. That is exhausting and lonely. And it sounds like due to COVID, there were times when Jovi was gone for months at a time. I don't blame her for being lonely and struggling but the only place she would have had pre-existing friends and family would be back home. It seems the easiest solution would be for Yara to spend more time in Europe when Jovi is away and be back in NO when he's home. But simple solutions just don't make for dramatic television I suppose?

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Also an architect and "in management."

If you look closely at his T-shirt, you'll see it says "Edcontro." But the name of the restaurant is "Encontro." So it's probably yet another one of his bullshit self-promotional stunts. Like "Have Your Drink Prepared by an Asshole Night."

11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

o.jpg

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It may be just for filming but isn’t it kind of a dick move to hang out at a restaurant when your significant other is serving tables or bartending?  I would think the management would tell people not to do that.  It’s distracting to the employee.  I was looking at the Yelp reviews and one said Ed is there a lot.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
10 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

It may be just for filming but isn’t it kind of a dick move to hang out at a restaurant when your significant other is serving tables or bartending?  I would think the management would tell people not to do that.  It’s distracting to the employee.  I was looking at the Yelp reviews and one said Ed is there a lot.

Well he doesn't trust her to not turn into a lesbian if she so much as talks to another female so what gives you any indication that he would trust her to talk to anyone without jumping into bed with them? Is there anything he does that isn't a huge red flag?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ed is definitely a dick. He loves the chase, and then when he gets the prize he doesn't know what to do. He is a love bomber. I don't think his mom and daughter issues with him are about Liz, but more about him being a user. He didn't do anything for his mom or daughter-- he needed them for his self-esteem. Now that he has a new track on life he doesn't need them anymore.

Ed is a complete piece of shit from a dating perspective. As a person, as all people, he has to find his way. He has some work to do there. All said, and something they don't talk about, is that both Ed and Liz have drinking problems. Of course this makes for some drama, but they both need to lay off the sauce. Right now, they are completely co-dependent and it's going to lead to nowhere. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Can Ed just waddle into ocean and float away forever???? So over his assholeness.

Angela believes she is hot. Angela to Michael’s friend, “You can’t F this for a million bucks!” The stuff she says is disgusting. Look in the mirror Angela. You are not hot…more like a grotesque mess.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

When one of the goofballs told Angela she looked good of course instead of saying "thank you," she said "I know."

Also, I hate myself for laughing every time she said the word goofballs.  It's just so ridiculous and weirdly nostalgic now since she's been on here for what feels like a million years at this point and oh look, it's the goofballs again!

• Like 2

Michael is goofiest goofball there, too. Their relationship is dead end. I don't see Michael ever moving to the states, and I think Angela prefers being a glorified sex tourist-- she is just using Michael for her ego and does not seem remotely interested in anything about him. Her surgeries seemed to make her even more insecure.

Ed needs exorbitant amounts of attention. 

• Love 1
On 12/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, Cementhead said:

When one of the goofballs told Angela she looked good of course instead of saying "thank you," she said "I know."

Also, I hate myself for laughing every time she said the word goofballs.  It's just so ridiculous and weirdly nostalgic now since she's been on here for what feels like a million years at this point and oh look, it's the goofballs again!

And the goofball was being generous because she is still an ugly old leather beef jerky twat- INSIDE and OUT. I hate this woman. She’s not even fun to watch and if Michael shows up on Dateline telling Keith Morrison Angela turned up missing - I will believe she disappeared in thin air leaving the cigs, her purse and her terrible unflattering wardrobe behind. The cops will too. Society will be better for it. Get on that plan Michael. 
At dinner last night some of us got drunk and admitted we watch this feel good in a Cheetos junk food way trash tv and everyone HATES ED. He’s a human troll and that’s being generous. In a perfect fair world he and Ang would be married - living on a deserted island away from the rest of us. The Libby klan are just fast forward. 
I am over Kimberlee and Usman. That poor cute baby doesn’t need to be adopted by these two train wrecks. Leave him with his parents. Go adopt a fake plant and call it a day. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I’m having a hard time remembering Ed’s little abode when he first started this crap fest,  was it a sleek modern medal and glass mid  century that is his taste?   I don’t think so , I thought I remember tacky stuff on the wall with him on his couch which was practically in the kitchen. Anyone? 

7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m having a hard time remembering Ed’s little abode when he first started this crap fest,  was it a sleek modern medal and glass mid  century that is his taste?   I don’t think so , I thought I remember tacky stuff on the wall with him on his couch which was practically in the kitchen. Anyone? 

He was on Before the 90 days first and he was in the same place as he is now-- at least it looks like the same place. It was really tiny, very outdated, and super cluttered

• Like 1
11 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

His framed and wall mounted spoon collection was legendary.

• Like 2

Jovi doesn't want anyone influencing or controlling yara...except for him. He could just as easily go to Europe to see them when's he's off work. Another kid would bring them closer (aka no partying for yara).

Submit is just such a pathetic simp. He shoulda babied-up with the 1st wife before he got his grandma fetish on. 

Ang is the hottest Merican white trash wrinklefest in Nigeria goofballs!! Unless the beautiful Kim's in the country. Straight up competition there!