Type keyword(s) to search

RHONY: New Casts; New Spinoffs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Page Six reports that BRAVO is retooling the RHONY Legacy show as a RHGUT style with a shorter season.  Out is Jill, who reportedly tanked the show by playing hardball with negotiations.  They are after Ramona instead as well as Luann, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly.

https://pagesix.com/2023/04/07/bravo-reviving-rhony-legacy-as-girls-trip-style-short-season/

Jill, who was desperate to be on screen tanked the Legacy series, just a no. I really hope it comes back. Ramona is problematic but is highly entertaining TV. Dorinda, however, is not entertaining and season 2 of RHUGT  demonstrated to me that I don’t want her on my TV. However, I would love a showdown between Kelly Binsimon and Dorinda - that could be entertaining ,especially if there a gummy bears

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Page Six reports that BRAVO is retooling the RHONY Legacy show as a RHGUT style with a shorter season.  Out is Jill, who reportedly tanked the show by playing hardball with negotiations.  They are after Ramona instead as well as Luann, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly.

https://pagesix.com/2023/04/07/bravo-reviving-rhony-legacy-as-girls-trip-style-short-season/

This would be excellent! Enough RHONY to have some fun without having to slog through a whole season (I'm starting to think most franchises would benefit from shorter/tighter seasons). 

And please leave Leah and Eboni home. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 11
On 4/7/2023 at 6:07 PM, twilightzone said:

Crazy Ramona will participate! And if the ratings are decent, Bravo might film longer in the future. 

• Like 5
On 4/7/2023 at 8:56 PM, Stats Queen said:

Jill, who was desperate to be on screen tanked the Legacy series, just a no. I really hope it comes back. Ramona is problematic but is highly entertaining TV. Dorinda, however, is not entertaining and season 2 of RHUGT  demonstrated to me that I don’t want her on my TV. However, I would love a showdown between Kelly Binsimon and Dorinda - that could be entertaining ,especially if there a gummy bears

Dorinda has a mean streak in her.  She can’t help it.  I can’t forget what she did to Tinsley.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I’m not watching any thing with Dorinda in it!  Her behavior is disturbing and abusive, especially toward Tinsley, who has been nothing but nice to everyone. Maybe she feels like the vile human being she sees in herself when compared toward her. She had a personal vendetta against Tinsley for having a boyfriend

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
On 4/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, kristen111 said:

Dorinda has a mean streak in her.  She can’t help it.  I can’t forget what she did to Tinsley.

She showed her mean streak on Ultimate Girls Trip S2 too. It filmed at her country house in the Berkshires. She was like a tough prison guard. The viewers didn't like her attitude, but it seems Andy Cohen finally fell for her bullying campaign in order to return as a HW. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She showed her mean streak on Ultimate Girls Trip S2 too. It filmed at her country house in the Berkshires. She was like a tough prison guard. The viewers didn't like her attitude, but it seems Andy Cohen finally fell for her bullying campaign in order to return as a HW. 

I saw that too.  She was a horror.  I’m not happy for her return.  What’s wrong with that Andy Cohen?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What did Dorinda do to Tinsley?

Dorinda, for whatever reason, kept aggressively insisting that Tinsley was still dating Scott. Dorinda made it seem as if Tinsley’s charade was the most offensive behavior to ever appear on Bravo. She was relentless. It was upsetting for viewers because HOW DOES THIS IN ANY WAY AFFECT DORINDA?

At the reunion, Tinsley finally revealed that Dorinda was furious that Scott had given money to her boyfriend John. This embarrassed and enraged Dorinda. They showed a clip (CLIP!!) of Dorinda yelling at John on the phone. It was next level rage. She warned him never again to “run game” behind her back.

Tinsley asserted that Dorinda’s rage with regard to John was manifesting as hatred for Tinsley. I found it interesting that, even though Dorinda was treating her horribly all season, Tinsley refrained from sharing this sooner. Tinsley is truly gracious.

ETA: Everyone knew that Tinsley wanted to be a mother. She cryopreserved her ova. Dorinda cruelly made turkey baster jokes.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorinda, for whatever reason, kept aggressively insisting that Tinsley was still dating Scott. Dorinda made it seem as if Tinsley’s charade was the most offensive behavior to ever appear on Bravo. She was relentless. It was upsetting for viewers because HOW DOES THIS IN ANY WAY AFFECT DORINDA?

At the reunion, Tinsley finally revealed that Dorinda was furious that Scott had given money to her boyfriend John. This embarrassed and enraged Dorinda. They showed a clip (CLIP!!) of Dorinda yelling at John on the phone. It was next level rage. She warned him never again to “run game” behind her back.

Tinsley asserted that Dorinda’s rage with regard to John was manifesting as hatred for Tinsley. I found it interesting that, even though Dorinda was treating her horribly all season, Tinsley refrained from sharing this sooner. Tinsley is truly gracious.

ETA: Everyone knew that Tinsley wanted to be a mother. She cryopreserved her ova. Dorinda cruelly made turkey baster jokes.

Yes to all of this.  I also took it as Dorinda is by nature a very jealous woman.  Besides Tinsley, she was jealous of LuAnns act on the stage.  Tinsley is a beautiful and wonderful woman and Dorinda couldn’t take it.  She was also angry when Richard died  as she lost her status in society.  I truly believe Richard would have dumped her had he not died.  She used John for awhile, then left him, and then became more of a horror.  You really have to watch a few episodes to hear how she spoke to Tinsley,as it was heartbreaking.  The worst of her comes out unfortunately.  A very bitter woman who lost her status.  Go to the episode where they all go to a farm to pick apples or corn, and the scene where they all are eating at a restaurant.  That’s where the Turkey baster comes in.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 4/11/2023 at 11:08 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The turkey baster comments were so disgusting. It was like Dorinda claiming she was superior because she could become pregnant the "natural" way. Similar to the comments younger HWs make about still having a period when the older ones don't have one.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

I’m just happy N.Y. is coming back.  I’ll suffer through Dorinda only if she has them up to her house.  Thank goodness no Leah, or Jill.  Sonja needs Ramona as they are a team of nutsey.  She must be bored by now.  When will this be?

• Like 4

Dorinda is a mean nasty drunk. From the first season to the last season that she was on she got drunk and went after cast mates. Like Luann said you could see it in her face when she was about to explode. From my count she attacked Heather, Sonja, Luann, Bethenny, and Tinsley during her reign of terror on this show. The only reason that I can see for bringing her back on the legacy show is that they needed one more housewife and she was the only one who would come back.  I would have preferred Jill to Dorinda but as usual Jill had to ruin her chance by her demands.  

• Like 9

I also would have preferred Jill to Dorinda. I'd have preferred Leah to Dorinda, tbh.  Dorinda isn't just bad reality tv, she seems like she's full on a bad person. I don't even enjoy hate watching her.  I'm extremely disappointed she's being cast again, and I don't know if my blood pressure can handle watching her.

• Like 12
On 4/16/2023 at 1:48 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill got greedy and got gone. 

Jill was fighting for her worth. It didn't work out for her, but it's not like she was asking for the world. They were paying Kelly Bensimon more than Jill, which is ridiculous. Jill has a much bigger Housewives resume than Kelly does. People like to shit on Jill for being "thirsty" for wanting to be back on Housewives, when in actuality they're all thirsty or else they wouldn't be participating on the show in the first place. 

Edited by funnygirl
grammar! x2
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 4/11/2023 at 11:10 PM, kristen111 said:

Yes to all of this.  I also took it as Dorinda is by nature a very jealous woman.  Besides Tinsley, she was jealous of LuAnns act on the stage.  Tinsley is a beautiful and wonderful woman and Dorinda couldn’t take it.  She was also angry when Richard died  as she lost her status in society.  I truly believe Richard would have dumped her had he not died.  She used John for awhile, then left him, and then became more of a horror.  You really have to watch a few episodes to hear how she spoke to Tinsley,as it was heartbreaking.  The worst of her comes out unfortunately.  A very bitter woman who lost her status.  Go to the episode where they all go to a farm to pick apples or corn, and the scene where they all are eating at a restaurant.  That’s where the Turkey baster comes in.

I think Dorinda is hanging onto her lifestyle and the manor by a thread.  She NEEDED RH $$.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I want RHONY to continue so much. The original cast members are so unique, and I adore New York City. LuAnn offering Dorinda Levain cookies made me crave them. It's neat seeing the women go to places like the Birdland Jazz Club. I love these aspects about RHONY. BH was my favorite city forever, but it might be New York now. I adore Sonja in particular a lot. She is crazy enough to be entertaining but sweet enough to be likable. I see why she’s Jennifer Lawrence’s favorite Housewife. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, clueless101 said:

Not interested.

Same.  I prefer the original cast.  It takes a special someone to enter that sphere.  I have no real interest in getting to know a new group in a city that already had a cast.

• Like 8
(edited)

Nah.  Easy Pass.  Done.  This cast is made up of social media influencers, fashionistas, PR, communication types.  Way too manufactured.

Nothing can replace the OG Queens - Alex,  Bethenny, Jill, Luann, Ramona.

RHONY was one of the best HW shows, until they cast boring, horrible Leah and humorless, preaching Eboni.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 18
  • Love 5
(edited)

Why the heck did they scrap such unique women who made the show a huge hit? I've only seen Leah and UGT and have never seen Eboni on Housewives. If those two brought the show down, couldn't the powers that be have just let go of those two?

I've quickly binged through so many seasons of RHONY because it's so good. I've only recently slowed down on the last few seasons so I can savor them. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Why the heck did they scrap such unique women who made the show a huge hit? I've only seen Leah and UGT and have never seen Eboni on Housewives. If those two brought the show down, couldn't the powers that be have just let go of those two?

The powers that be are idiots.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

You just know these women went into the show being self-produced. Nothing is going to be genuine. The Housewives franchise has been around for over a decade, and anyone who knows anything about HW's knows what the formula is and knows what is expected to make "good" tv and get people talking (or complaining) on social media. Be on the lookout for manufactured soundbites and reactions in the hopes they turn into a popular Housewives catch-phrase or gif. 

The beauty about real RHONY was that those women (prior to season 11), for better and for worse, were themselves. Messy and hilariously so. And perhaps because they were more mature and not young(er) wannabe influencers, they just moved different. 

I just still don't understand why out of all of the franchises, RHONY got a total reboot. Not even Miami got a full reboot after being off air for 8 years - five of the original women came back and they added four new. All RHONY had to do was get rid of two people, instead they scrapped the whole thing. IMO, ageism played a big part in it. The average age of RHONY was older than the rest. Yet the RHONY women were a lot more fun than the rest of the franchises who are more catty and hold grudges to the point of viewer exhaustion. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 19
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

You just know these women went into the show being self-produced. Nothing is going to be genuine. The Housewives franchise has been around for over a decade, and anyone who knows anything about HW's knows what the formula is and knows what is expected to make "good" tv and get people talking (or complaining) on social media. Be on the lookout for manufactured soundbites and reactions in the hopes they turn into a popular Housewives catch-phrase or gif. 

The beauty about real RHONY was that those women (prior to season 11), for better and for worse, were themselves. Messy and hilariously so. And perhaps because they were more mature and not young(er) wannabe influencers, they just moved different. 

I just still don't understand why out of all of the franchises, RHONY got a total reboot. Not even Miami got a full reboot after being off air for 8 years - five of the original women came back and they added four new. All RHONY had to do was get rid of two people, instead they scrapped the whole thing. IMO, ageism played a big part in it. The average age of RHONY was older than the rest. Yet the RHONY women were a lot more fun than the rest of the franchises who are more catty and hold grudges to the point of viewer exhaustion. 

Yep.

• Like 3
(edited)

I don’t know their ages, but I liked that the old crew were more established New Yorkers, not up and coming. This was my favorite cast, even in my early 30’s. I wanted to see more legacy New Yorkers, and I still do.  I’m not feeling this one at all. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 12/1/2022 at 9:05 PM, kristen111 said:

Yes.  Please NO to Ebony, Leah and mostly Dorinda.  How could Bravo possibly include Dorinda I want to know.  Between the drinking, belittling people (Tinsley) and getting ossified drinking, how could they even consider her?  She is a mean person … the worst I’ve ever seen, even the latest Bezerkshires trip was a disaster.  Too bad they can’t get Bethenny back.  At least she gave great one liners and was funny.  Dorinda is not funny.  She is a horror.

Dorinda strikes me a woman you’d see at a bar knocking them back at 10am. She’d be on a barstool, cigarette in hand (go with me here and it imagine it’s allowed), droning on to the poor sucker sitting next to her. Meanwhile the bartender would be putting up glasses and looking around like a trapped animal. He’s hoping the lunch rush comes early, anything to shut her up.

I like the other legacy HWS but won’t watch any show with Dorinda in it. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Dorinda strikes me a woman you’d see at a bar knocking them back at 10am. She’d be on a barstool, cigarette in hand (go with me here and it imagine it’s allowed), droning on to the poor sucker sitting next to her. Meanwhile the bartender would be putting up glasses and looking around like a trapped animal. He’s hoping the lunch rush comes early, anything to shut her up.

I like the other legacy HWS but won’t watch any show with Dorinda in it. 

The latest I heard was Dorinda is coming back.  Knowing Andy, that doesn’t surprise me.  He probably thinks she funny or something.  Also read somewhere that Kelly was asked.  Heard NO to Jill and Leah, thank goodness.  Maybe Ramona?

Just now, kristen111 said:

The latest I heard was Dorinda is coming back.  Knowing Andy, that doesn’t surprise me.  He probably thinks she funny or something.  Also read somewhere that Kelly was asked.  Heard NO to Jill and Leah, thank goodness.  Maybe Ramona?

• Useful 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No to Ramona, last I heard. 

That was initially. She was asked for this version of the Legacy series (Ultimate Girls Trip style short season). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
On 5/3/2023 at 8:04 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t know their ages, but I liked that the old crew were more established New Yorkers, not up and coming. This was my favorite cast, even in my early 30’s. I wanted to see more legacy New Yorkers, and I still do.  I’m not feeling this one at all. 

100% It's about who's fun to watch. I'm not opposed to an up and coming New Yorker or two added on, but established ones are far more interesting to me. Doing away with them entirely was asinine. 

I'm around the same age as a lot of the Vanderpump Rules cast. I don't care for them. They just seem like typical attractive 30-somethings who happen to live in Los Angeles. I'd rather watch Lisa Vanderpump herself. She's also one of the most popular women across the whole franchise, and she's one of the oldest. I get that the franchise is Housewives, so it's nice seeing women who are wives and perhaps have kids. But basically a lot of use tune in to watch glamorous women, and their drama is more compelling when you know who they are. If they're not married, if their kids are grown, I don't care. I want to watch the unique women who made RHONY a hit for so many years. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

The formula of adding new "housewives", a couple each year has never really worked, except for Sonja and to some extent Dorinda, until her drunken persona shot herself in the foot. The OGs were so aware that new HWs meant less camera time for themselves that they never gave the newbies a hand. The exceptions were Carole and Tinsley who ostensibly had previous relationships with Bethany and Sonja, but really had other options in their real lives. There were a lot of One and Done HWs whose names and stories I barely remember. 

So I think it makes sense to bring on a whole new cohort of women of a different age group. Doesn't mean I'll watch them, but I'm not their target age demographic. 

• Like 3
(edited)

The cast will be Ramona, Luann, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly, Kristen.  They will be going back to St. Barts.

No Leah, No Eboni - who must be fuming with jealousy, lol.  Redemption.

Leah did RHUGT - Thailand and the cast hated her.  Porsha, Gizelle, Alexia, Marysol all said Leah made the worse impression and someone they would never want to travel with.  She was judgmental and did not get along with the cast. 

Easy pass on the new RHONY.  These women all look so manufactured and self-produced.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
7 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

The cast will be Ramona, Luann, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly, Kristen.  They will be going back to St. Barts.

No Leah, No Eboni - who must be fuming with jealousy, lol.  Redemption.

Leah did RHUGT - Thailand and the cast hated her.  Porsha, Gizelle, Alexia, Marysol all said Leah made the worse impression and someone they would never want to travel with.  She was judgmental and did not get along with the cast. 

Leah I can see having FOMO, but what exactly would Eboni be jealous of? The opportunity to overhear Ramona make a racist remark?

4 hours ago, NotChristine said:

Reboot trailer

Looks like just another show with trashy obnoxious women. Nothing here for me.  Bravo sinking lower and lower into the gutter.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3