Type keyword(s) to search

RHONY: New Casts; New Spinoffs

• Start Topic

On 8/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Now that I'm reading that entire Twitter feed, I don't know what to believe.  It doesn't seem like a very official source.

They say Leah is fired which would be wonderful but Ramona?  The entire thing sounds ridiculous.  The Legacy cast would have Tinsley AND Dorinda?  None of this is making sense to me.

If Dorinda can ever look into Tinsleys face after what she’s done to that girl, she has balls that hang to the floor.  She’s a gangster woman.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/30/2022 at 1:28 AM, RealHousewife said:

Indeed

I can see that. On WWCL, the guys said how on Beverly Hills you can pretty much swap out cast members no problem, but that it wouldn't be as easy with NY. They named Ramona and LuAnn as two who would be difficult to replace because they're so unique. 

And let’s not forget poor Sonja Morgan.  She’s still living in the past when she was a Morgan, but now living in her town house that needs lots of work, if she’s still there.  She depends on friends inviting her to the Hamptons to keep relevant.  Can’t get a Man to save her life, but is still trying.  She hasn’t worked, so I have no idea how she keeps up with money, unless she has investments.  Haven’t heard anything about her lately.  Sonja and Ramona were great together, like Lucy and Ethel.  In my book, Beverly Hills can’t compare with the N.Y. Cast, as they are real and don’t pretend.  BH women are too pretentious with the way they look, and don’t seem real to me.  The New York cast were real, and I just don’t know what happened there.  They started putting on undesirables and ruined the best housewives show.  They had gold and threw it away.  A shame.   The BEST cast ever .. Ramona, Sonja, LuAnn, Bethenny, Jill.  NO to Leah and especially Dorinda, who ruins everything.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 8/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, stcroix said:

Good thought! If it works then I'm all for it.  The show was good until Leah joined on her first season then Eboni plus Leah along with how crazy they made the other housewives tanked it. 

Yes.  Please NO to Ebony, Leah and mostly Dorinda.  How could Bravo possibly include Dorinda I want to know.  Between the drinking, belittling people (Tinsley) and getting ossified drinking, how could they even consider her?  She is a mean person … the worst I’ve ever seen, even the latest Bezerkshires trip was a disaster.  Too bad they can’t get Bethenny back.  At least she gave great one liners and was funny.  Dorinda is not funny.  She is a horror.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2022 at 12:22 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Watching Andy’s Legends Ball. 

Ramona explained that she posted on Instagram Teresa’s wedding invitation without redacting the date and location, because she forgot that Teresa was a “celebrity.”

Where are you watching Andy’s Legends Ball?

• Wink 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

They aired it as an hour long episode of WWHL.

And a hard NO to Bethenny. She's not the same person she was when she used to be quick witted and funny. Now she's a bitter crone. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

They were running footage on WWHL a month or so ago. Then they ran some assorted snippets from Bravocon on WWHL.

I learned that they asked Susan Lucci to read Lu’s lines for the Scary Island table read. So that won’t affect Lu’s ego (sorry! I know you and your daughter like Lu).

There were indeed fans who wanted photos with Dorinda.

One fan sewed/created a black jacket that said, Bravo! Bravo! F- - - -‘ Bravo! on the back. It was very beautiful. 

Yes, no one told him during the early stages of creating it that he omitted the C in F - - - - -‘.

But I proofread at law firms for years. I can’t stop.

During a Q&A, they made it seem that Dorinda waited in line for the microphone with the other fans, then asked Andy if he thought they would ever take Dorinda off pause. Supposedly, that’s when she found out.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They aired it as an hour long episode of WWHL.

And a hard NO to Bethenny. She's not the same person she was when she used to be quick witted and funny. Now she's a bitter crone. 

Thank you.  I loved Beth when she was poor making cupcakes.  Haven’t seen or heard anything of her in a long time.  You have to admit tho, she wasn’t as bad as Dorinda.  Why Dorinda is even on a snippet is beyond me.😀

6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They were running footage on WWHL a month or so ago. Then they ran some assorted snippets from Bravocon on WWHL.

I learned that they asked Susan Lucci to read Lu’s lines for the Scary Island table read. So that won’t affect Lu’s ego (sorry! I know you and your daughter like Lu).

One fan sewed/created a black jacket that said, Bravo! Bravo! F- - - -‘ Bravo! on the back. It was very beautiful. 

Yes, no one told him during the early stages of creating it that he omitted the C in F - - - - -‘.

During a Q&A, they made it seem that Dorinda waited in line for the microphone with the other fans, then asked Andy if he thought they would ever take Dorinda off pause. Supposedly, that’s when she found out.

Ok, now I know why I’m in the dark about Legends Ball, as I was in the hospital getting back surgery the same time, duh!   Besides, I haven’t liked Andy on WWHL in a long time.  Men can’t see through women ten miles away, therefor Dorinda can’t do no harm.  Or, he loves drama, even if it hurts someone (Tinsley).  How he forgets how Dorinda treated her is beyond me.  She is toxic, and needs help and shouldn’t even be on tv. Imo.  Thanks for filling me in .. I should watch some recaps on you tube.  Thanks for all the info.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Thank you.  I loved Beth when she was poor making cupcakes.  Haven’t seen or heard anything of her in a long time.  You have to admit tho, she wasn’t as bad as Dorinda.  Why Dorinda is even on a snippet is beyond me.😀

Ok, now I know why I’m in the dark about Legends Ball, as I was in the hospital getting back surgery the same time, duh!   Besides, I haven’t liked Andy on WWHL in a long time.  Men can’t see through women ten miles away, therefor Dorinda can’t do no harm.  Or, he loves drama, even if it hurts someone (Tinsley).  How he forgets how Dorinda treated her is beyond me.  She is toxic, and needs help and shouldn’t even be on tv. Imo.  Thanks for filling me in .. I should watch some recaps on you tube.  Thanks for all the info.

Your back in pain! 😢 I am hoping and praying for you, lovely lady.

Frankel was sooo likable and relatable before her “success.” I remember her at the grocery store trying to coax customers to sample her Bethenny Bakes muffins. I wanted to be her friend and comfort her. 

But I also remember how arrogant and toxic she became when, after season one, she realized how many viewers loved her.

I DVR WWHL. I delete about 90%. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Your back in pain! 😢 I am hoping and praying for you, lovely lady.

Frankel was sooo likable and relatable before her “success.” I remember her at the grocery store trying to coax customers to sample her Bethenny Bakes muffins. I wanted to be her friend and comfort her. 

But I also remember how arrogant and toxic she became when, after season one, she realized how many viewers loved her.

I DVR WWHL. I delete about 90%. 

I’m curious to see if Bravo caves and has Dorinda back.  She’s worse than 1000 Bethennys.  I’ll tape WWHL also.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, twilightzone said:

The problem with a Legacy RHONY show - it's not complete without OGs Ramona, Bethenny, Alex - who are not coming back.

Nobody mentioned Sonja either.  What’s up with her?  When is this legacy happening anyhow?

• Useful 2
On 12/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, unfortunately, Dorinda was literally begging Andy Cohen on BravoCon to put her off pause, and he said she was not on pause anymore....I think she worked for her return behind the scenes for years, she never accepted she was fired, and she created her own term (on pause)....

Edited by ZettaK
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, unfortunately, Dorinda was literally begging Andy Cohen on BravoCon to put her off pause, and he said she was not on pause anymore....I think she worked behind the scenes for years, she never accepted she was fired, and she created her own term (on pause)....

“Pause”.  I find that so obnoxious of Dorinda.  Just say you were FIRED for being drunk and mean 98% of the time.  Who does she think she is?  I was actually looking forward to seeing Bluestone Manor, but she fu..ed up that whole weekend too by being a warden in a prison.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
On 12/2/2022 at 6:17 PM, kristen111 said:

Nobody mentioned Sonja either.  What’s up with her?

Sonja is not an OG.  But she likely will be back - along with Lu, Jill, Dorinda.  But that's only 4 HWs.  Ramona, Bethenny, Alex aren't coming back.  Tinsley may be a hard get.  Dunno about Kelly. 

The biggest nightmare for viewers - thirsty, boring Leah gets dragged back.  Even though she and thirsty, boring Eboni are the reasons why RHONY tanked.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 12/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, twilightzone said:

Sonja is not an OG.  But she likely will be back - along with Lu, Jill, Dorinda.  But that's only 4 HWs.  Ramona, Bethenny, Alex aren't coming back.  Tinsley may be a hard get.  Dunno about Kelly. 

The biggest nightmare for viewers - thirsty, boring Leah gets dragged back.  Even though she and thirsty, boring Eboni are the reasons why RHONY tanked.

Andy Cohen mentioned in an interview recently that Ramona is not returning. Kelly Bensimon was asked to participate on Legends.

New York was the only franchise I was still watching.  The last season was a crapfest but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with two cast changes and a new season.  Won't be watching the new cast as it's very clear Bravo isn't interested in a 72 yo's viewership or opinion.

No one to "make it nice" for the new season. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
10 minutes ago, Friday said:

New York was the only franchise I was still watching.  The last season was a crapfest but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with two cast changes and a new season.  Won't be watching the new cast as it's very clear Bravo isn't interested in a 72 yo's viewership or opinion.

I hear you….I am mid-70s. At first the ladies dressed wonderfully, went to glamorous parties; dinners, fashion shows, etc. It was fun escapism. We saw them walking around their neighborhoods. They could be petty, jealous, etc. But there was a sense of the city and glimpses into their friendships and personal lives. As some have mentioned above, the show could have been fixed years ago. Bethany returned with a very nasty streak. Dorinda was allowed abusive behavior. The fun times were over. Yes, some HWs needed to go. But the last year or two was terrible; cast never jelled. I don’t think the show appeals to most anyone in the under-30 crowd or the influencers. There is nothing on any of the HW shows that could not be fixed with better casting. Maybe go back to the tackiness, petty spats, one-upman-ship, showing off, tipsiness. There is too much reliance on meanness and felons. And future felon Erica calling another housewife the cu-t word. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/30/bravos-classic-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-is-dead/

On Sunday, we reported that contract negotiations for the version of the show that featured a beloved cast including Luann de Lesseps, Ramona Singer and Sonja Morgan, had stalled.

Now, we’re told that the talks have officially collapsed, that Bravo has rescinded its offers to the talent and that it currently has no plans put the show — which it rebranded as the “Legacy edition” last year — on the air.

But wait.

Meanwhile, the network is forging ahead with the completely revamped “Real Housewives of New York City,” which will star a brand new, ethnically diverse set of women including former J. Crew honcho Jenna Lyons, Sai De Silva and Ubah Hassan.

Sounds like Bravo found a cast that wouldn’t demand a whole lot of money. That seemed to doom the “Legacy edition,” per Page Six. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

The season before Leah was added was a great one in my opinion.  Why did they have to mess with it? Then the next season Ebony was added and all the racial strife. I could barely watch it. And now it's over! My favorite HW show...   

I won't watch the new hw's especially if Leah continues to be on. She's like a spoiled drunken brat.  This 69 yr old is not interested.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, stcroix said:

The season before Leah was added was a great one in my opinion.  Why did they have to mess with it? Then the next season Ebony was added and all the racial strife. I could barely watch it. And now it's over! My favorite HW show...   

I won't watch the new hw's especially if Leah continues to be on. She's like a spoiled drunken brat.  This 69 yr old is not interested.

Leah is not on the relaunched show, and she was not asked to participate on the Legacy because she is not an OG. I think we are safe!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Leah is not on the relaunched show, and she was not asked to participate on the Legacy. So I think we are safe!

Oh, I'd heard from somewhere that she was! Oh well, I probably still won't watch unless they can produce women who have lives like the previous ones. And homes!  

• Like 3

It has been reported that while Lu, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly were ready to sign, it was Jill who drove a hard bargain, which tanked the deal.

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/31/real-housewives-of-new-york-cast-blames-each-other-for-legacy-collapse/

Ironically after the news broke, Lu posted lunching with Ramona and Dorinda.  They should replace Jill with Ramona.  They should also try to get Alex (she is doing RHUGT).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoIhSIQuUvi/?hl=en

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 10
  • Useful 4
26 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

It has been reported that while Lu, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly were ready to sign, it was Jill who drove a hard bargain, which tanked the deal.

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/31/real-housewives-of-new-york-cast-blames-each-other-for-legacy-collapse/

Ironically after the news broke, Lu posted lunching with Ramona and Dorinda.  They should replace Jill with Ramona.  They should also try to get Alex (she is doing RHUGT).

Alex lives in Australia.

Jill wanted back on TV so bad and she screwed it up for all of them and the viewers.

I was iffy if I was going to watch because Dorinda is on it and she is an angry person and a very angry drunk. She is also often drunk.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, stcroix said:

Oh, I'd heard from somewhere that she was! Oh well, I probably still won't watch unless they can produce women who have lives like the previous ones. And homes!  

Leah is/was on the Ultimate Girls Trip S3 which didn't air yet.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

I always believed that Bravo never intended to have two NY housewives shows. They were just blowing smoke about the legacy show with the OG.  I think their programing is going to skew to a younger crowd with  trashy shows like Winter House, Summer House, Southern Hospitality. If Bravo excutives wanted to fix RHONYC they could have with a couple of cast changes. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I always believed that Bravo never intended to have two NY housewives shows. They were just blowing smoke about the legacy show with the OG.  I think their programing is going to skew to a younger crowd with  trashy shows like Winter House, Summer House, Southern Hospitality. If Bravo excutives wanted to fix RHONYC they could have with a couple of cast changes. 

Are they trying to attract teens and 20-somethings? As a 30-something, Bravo's younger shows do nothing for me. I'm not opposed to having younger Housewives, but I love to watch the beautiful, charismatic, glamorous, unique women who do more than party. Someone like LuAnn is just good TV for my tastes. Same with someone like Lisa Vanderpump. The Vanderpump Rules bunch? Not so much.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I never thought about it, but you might be right.

And I agree that those three shows you mentioned are trashy. 

• Like 3
On 2/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, twilightzone said:

Ironically after the news broke, Lu posted lunching with Ramona and Dorinda. They should replace Jill with Ramona. They should also try to get Alex (she is doing RHUGT).

Andy Cohen and Bravo didn't want Jill back on the NY HWs for MANY years, and now that she was offered a contract, she had an issue with the amount? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 2
On 2/16/2023 at 12:02 AM, ZettaK said:

Andy Cohen and Bravo didn't want Jill back on the NY HWs for MANY years, and now that she was offered a contract, she had an issue with the amount? 

Jill has some nerve.  She’s worth about a billion dollars and wants more?  Figures.  NO to Jill and Leah.  By now, Ramona must be bored, so she should come back.  What’s Sonja without Ramona?  After the Bazerkshires, NO to Dorinda too.  When is this happening?  I’m down to Jersey which is heating up, and Orange County whenever that comes back.  I love N.Y. the best.  Why is it taking so long?  I don’t subscribe to the Post.  Has LuAnn been appearing on Cabaret lately?

• Like 5
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Jill has some nerve.  She’s worth about a billion dollars and wants more?  Figures.  NO to Jill and Leah.  By now, Ramona must be bored, so she should come back.  What’s Sonja without Ramona?  After the Bazerkshires, NO to Dorinda too.  When is this happening?  I’m down to Jersey which is heating up, and Orange County whenever that comes back.  I love N.Y. the best.  Why is it taking so long?  I don’t subscribe to the Post.  Has LuAnn been appearing on Cabaret lately?https://pagesix.com/2023/02/18/luann-de-lesseps-confirms-fan-threw-up-on-her-at-cabaret-show/

Does this answer your question?

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 2
On 2/16/2023 at 12:02 AM, ZettaK said:

Never liked Jill.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5
21 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Does this answer your question?

Yes .. thank you.  My daughter saw her first show when she started.  She talks her way thru a song, but you can barely hear her as the crowd goes wild for her.  Everyone sings along.  Her outfits are fabulous.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2023 at 3:16 PM, Friday said:

I agree.  I tried to watch Summer House.  Hamptons, cooking, swimming, drinking, sex.

• Like 3

I read somewhere that Ebony Williams said that N.Y. Is no more.  Bravo decided to scrap it.  Is it true?  Meanwhile, a poster commented that it was because of her preaching that N.Y. Went down hill.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I haven’t gotten to the season with Ebony, so I don’t have an opinion on her either way.

However, I really want RHONY back. I’m still binging but wonder if I should slow down since I’ll be sad once it’s over. 

I need to check out LuAnn next time I’m in New York! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I read somewhere that Ebony Williams said that N.Y. Is no more.  Bravo decided to scrap it.  Is it true?  Meanwhile, a poster commented that it was because of her preaching that N.Y. Went down hill.

I think Eboni was referring to the Legacy spinoff that contained the Original Recipe cast members. The reboot RHONY is still a go, AFAIK. 

• Like 4

I would have watched the legacy show. I think it could have been decent. Although I don’t know why they didn’t just fire Leah and Eboni instead of pitching two shows. Those two sucked and wanted to make every conversation a social justice issue. I doubt many people want to hear lecturing from a real housewife. To be fair, I know part of the awfulness of the last season was that they filmed during 2020 when things were only partially opened. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Page Six reports that BRAVO is retooling the RHONY Legacy show as a RHGUT style with a shorter season.  Out is Jill, who reportedly tanked the show by playing hardball with negotiations.  They are after Ramona instead as well as Luann, Sonja, Dorinda, Kelly.

https://pagesix.com/2023/04/07/bravo-reviving-rhony-legacy-as-girls-trip-style-short-season/

Yes!  This is good news.  Hope it takes off.  I miss these loons.

• Like 12