Type keyword(s) to search

RHONY: New Casts; New Spinoffs

• Start Topic

On 6/24/2023 at 4:10 AM, Back Atcha said:

I gave up on ALL "Housewives" shows long ago...well--the three I watched: Orange, Beverly Hills, and NY.  I stuck with NY the longest.  I'll watch a few episodes because I like the idea of replacing the entire cast: I can't think of any remainders I need to see.  I'd like to see Bethenny and Carole Radziwill tho'.

I'm especially happy to see Dorinda gone. Her background and personality seemed so right ... but then she became mean--simply mean.  So unattractive.

Same with the (2) main shopping channels on my service:  QVC and HSN.  They've dumped most long-time hosts. The ones they kept have to bring new personas: outrageous and CHATTY.  A lot of the products are more expensive. Mazel!

Lol .. how about Roberto and the woman who stands next to him and eats everything while he’s selling.  She probably doesn’t eat all day except on the QVC food segment.  Hahaha.

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Lol .. how about Roberto and the woman who stands next to him and eats everything while he’s selling.  She probably doesn’t eat all day except on the QVC food segment.  Hahaha.

Guess I don't watch often enough; I don't know a Roberto.  Could it be Alberti?

Alberti.thumb.jpg.cc282166ead76f10172248137c4bc07d.jpgSwiped from the QVC site: Alberti was born and raised in NYC—but his parents, who are of Albanian descent, migrated to America from the former Yugoslavia. Fun fact: from the age of 13 to 26, Alberti had a career as an Albanian folk and pop singer. He also worked one summer as a doorman--and by the end, he knew the name of every tenant and pet in the building. And with a degree from NYU’s Stern School of Business, he spent six years working in finance. 

In his spare time, Alberti likes to get outdoors. He’s into gardening, hiking, swimming--if it involves activity and nature, he’s in!

• Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Guess I don't watch often enough; I don't know a Roberto.  Could it be Alberti?

Alberti.thumb.jpg.cc282166ead76f10172248137c4bc07d.jpgSwiped from the QVC site: Alberti was born and raised in NYC—but his parents, who are of Albanian descent, migrated to America from the former Yugoslavia. Fun fact: from the age of 13 to 26, Alberti had a career as an Albanian folk and pop singer. He also worked one summer as a doorman--and by the end, he knew the name of every tenant and pet in the building. And with a degree from NYU’s Stern School of Business, he spent six years working in finance. 

In his spare time, Alberti likes to get outdoors. He’s into gardening, hiking, swimming--if it involves activity and nature, he’s in!

Yep, that’s him, Alberti.  I don’t know all the names as I don’t watch too often.  He has a great personality and is very accomplished.  Doubt they would let him go.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yep, that’s him, Alberti.  I don’t know all the names as I don’t watch too often.  He has a great personality and is very accomplished.  Doubt they would let him go.

He's very appealing.  Has a lot of class and a great sense of humor.  I saw a picture with him and several female hosts.  He's VERY tall.

• Like 1
(edited)

Is this the thread for the new New York Housewives?  If it is …..

NOPE, definitely NOT for me.  I am a New Yorker from birth, worked in the City, transplanted to Long Island.  This show is a representation of very rich, accomplished women living in N.Y.C.  Much younger than me, so I can’t relate.  I am a wife, Mother and Grandma who can’t relate after only thirty minutes of watching.  Completely much different than the first N.Y. Housewives show.  Andy did a 180.  Too rich for my blood.

Sunday, July 16, 2023. 9 pm

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
12 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Is this the thread for the new New York Housewives?  If it is …..

NOPE, definitely NOT for me.  I am a New Yorker from birth, worked in the City, transplanted to Long Island.  This show is a representation of very rich, accomplished women living in N.Y.C.  Much younger than me, so I can’t relate.  I am a wife, Mother and Grandma who can’t relate after only thirty minutes of watching.  Completely much different than the first N.Y. Housewives show.  Andy did a 180.  Too rich for my blood.

Sunday, July 16, 2023. 9 pm

Thanks @badhaggis.  At least I’m on the right track.  😀

• Like 1
On 5/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t know their ages, but I liked that the old crew were more established New Yorkers, not up and coming. This was my favorite cast, even in my early 30’s. I wanted to see more legacy New Yorkers, and I still do.  I’m not feeling this one at all. 

Besides the women, I also liked the men that hung out at the Regency.  Remember “Red Scarf guy”?  Unpopular opinion, but I loved Bethenny and her quick great one liners, plus her cupcake sales.      Sonja’s backyard with the endless poop in it.  

• Like 5

So, I watched the new show twice and don’t like it.  I miss the ole broads as they all still had lots in them.  Bravo should have both shows on.  The old AND the new.  That will make everyone happy.  It’s just too hard to relate to the new cast.  They are not even funny.  Just super rich and let you know it.

• Like 4

Andy is completely enamored with Brynn.  He could not have gotten more smitten with her on WWHL .  She did her babyish act in full force.  She’s what?  37?  Time to act like a real woman.  Cutesy doesn’t last forever.  Maybe he could bring the originals back with Brynn too.  Leave Erin out as she’s a wet blanket.  Just MO.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Oh no!  The ones needed are Sonja, LuAnn, Ramona.  NO  Dorinda.

Unfortunately, it's obvious Bravo is aiming for a younger audience by adding, or wanting to add more younger women.

But l checked the ratings (after the premiere episode which got a boost from the Atlanta HWs episode that aired before), and they are terrible. The fifth episode had only 439,000 live views, and it was the lowest rated episode in the 15 year old history of the show. 

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Unfortunately, it's obvious Bravo is aiming for a younger audience by adding, or wanting to add more younger women.

But l checked the ratings (after the premiere episode which got a boost from the Atlanta HWs episode that aired before), and they are terrible. The fifth episode had only 439,000 live views, and it was the lowest rated episode in the 15 year old history of the show. 

Good.  Since then, seems it got worse.  

• Like 2

I am not convinced about Leah.  It could be planted just to get her clicks, which she has been known to do.  They didn't want her for Legacy. She was very unpopular with the cast on RHUGT - Thailand.  Then she complained that production had forced her to film on RHONY when her grandmother was dying. 

It's interesting that Jenna isn't doing Bravo.con.  The only cast member from the reboot not scheduled.   And it is a big deal for the Bravo lebrities.  She also hasn't made any appearances on WWHL since the premiere. And she didn't get the 1st chair at the Reunion.  She could be opting out after 1 season.

Edited by escape
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Good.  Since then, seems it got worse.  

Looks like yesterdays episode sealed the deal .. I hope.  So, the old cast were in their fifties and early sixties.  They still had energy to film in different places, look for men, and be crazy drunk.  These young new girls are boring looking for phones and sunglasses for hours and hours.  No humor there, but Sonja falling off a chair dead drunk was funny, or taking the Jitney to the Hamptons to sponge off someone for the weekend and wearing Depends on the way is hilarious.  For me anyhow.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

A recent rumor alleging that Leah McSweeney is in talks to rejoin the Real Housewives of New York City has been debunked.

“Leah is done with RHONY and Bravo and has completely moved on.”

“Leah thinks Bravo is a toxic for women and also bad for her sobriety and mental health,” 

https://allaboutthetea.com/2023/09/26/exclusive-leah-mcsweeney-not-in-negotiations-for-rhonyc-return-amid-rumors/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=exclusive-leah-mcsweeney-not-in-negotiations-for-rhonyc-return-amid-rumors

Edited by escape
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, escape said:

I am not convinced about Leah.  It could be planted just to get her clicks, which she has been known to do.  They didn't want her for Legacy. She was very unpopular with the cast on RHUGT - Thailand.  Then she complained that production had forced her to film on RHONY when her grandmother was dying. 

It's interesting that Jenna isn't doing Bravo.con.  The only cast member from the reboot not scheduled.   And it is a big deal for the Bravo lebrities.  She also hasn't made any appearances on WWHL since the premiere. And she didn't get the 1st chair at the Reunion.  She could be opting out after 1 season.

I'm not convinced either about Leah. It's possible SHE approached Bravo, or claimed she did in order to promote herself. She was not liked in Thailand (what a surprise), and she acted as if she didn't want to be there. She wouldn't be on Legacy because she was not an original, or early season cast member. 

As for Jenna, yes, it is strange. I wonder if she doesn’t want to participate anymore. Andy Cohen had to convince her to join RHONY, but she was not seated by him at the reunion. He seems to LOVE (especially) Brynn, and Erin who were on WWHL. Jessel was supposed to be on with Brynn last week, she canceled due to scheduling issues, but she was eventually in the audience. Ubah also appeared on WWHL, and I try to remember if Sai did, as well.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1

Ha!  I don’t blame her.  Why did she need to go on in the first place?  For her new mascara?   So Bravo wants younger.  Why?  The older housewives have more experiences with life.  They have been there, done thst, so to speak.  It makes them more interesting.  The new younger group is blah.  Very rich, have everything, nothing to do but fight with each other.   What to wear today, and wat private school shall we send our kids to.   WHO CAN RELATE.?

• Like 2

Even the previous season (with no reunion), and Leah, and Eboni had on the average more than 800,000 live views episode wise. And this was a season with far more competition from countless shows, and reality shows on cable and streaming services than early seasons. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

The way WWHL operates .. that’s the last place Jenna would want to go.  She wouldn’t be able to handle it.

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Ha!  I don’t blame her.  Why did she need to go on in the first place?  For her new mascara?   So Bravo wants younger.  Why?  The older housewives have more experiences with life.  They have been there, done thst, so to speak.  It makes them more interesting.  The new younger group is blah.  Very rich, have everything, nothing to do but fight with each other.   What to wear today, and wat private school shall we send our kids to.   WHO CAN RELATE.?

I don't think the new crop are very rich.  No one is struggling, but, other than Jenna who was a CEO and has ongoing income and Erin who seems to come from a fairly well off family and shows two solid income, these are folks with good incomes that also likely owe quite a bit.  So we don't get that level of pretense the prior crop brought.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the girls give Leah the side eye and cold shoulder and whatever else they’d throw at her. 

Check out RHUGT - Thailand.  She was not popular with the cast, especially with Gizelle, Porsha, Alexa, Marysol - who said they would never want to work with her again.  She was seen as kill joy who was constantly complaining and didn't seem interested in interacting with the other women.

In as far as her not wanting to return to RHONY.  I think that decision was made for her.

• Like 7