Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Thunderstruck

Bort
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Me three on Amelia and Kai. But even though the actor playing Kai seems to be wooden, I wonder what it would have been like if the writers had actually bothered to write a story rather than instant inexplicable attraction and multiple reasons to break up (foremost that Kai doesn't want children and Amelia is co-parenting Scout), but they still keep going I guess so that Linc and Jo can be together. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers made Amelia give Linc custody (out of character imo) so that Linc and Jo can form a lovely family of four.

Re: Amelia/Kai. YES! Did Kai magically change their mind off screen or do they only have time with Amelia when she doesn't have custody of Scout? 

• Love 1
On 11/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

ETA: I also watch Station 19, and think that Maya has turned into an awful person lately.  Not that I ever really liked her, but she's horrendous lately.  I missed some episodes last season, so I don't know exactly what turned her so awful, but I didn't care that she was the one to fall and hit her head.  

Maya tried to blackmail the chief into promoting her to captain in exchange for keeping quiet about the chief's affair with Sullivan. Chief temporarily broke it off with Sullivan. She. also told Maya's captain that Maya tried to blackmail her into giving Maya his job.  Captain proceeded to make things more difficult for Maya. While Maya was fairly awful before, she's worse now.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:31 AM, statsgirl said:

I wonder if it's the Ellis in them that Meredith and Maggie won't put someone else ahead of themselves.

While Ellis prioritized herself or her career over Meredith, Richard might have been right up there. But, he wouldn't leave Adele. It could be argued that Ellis giving Maggie up for adoption so that she could be raised by a couple that clearly adored her was putting Maggie's care ahead of herself. 

Maggie and the fire chief that Maya tried to blackmail are similar in that at they both seem to think their careers are more important than the men who love them.

Maggie is right, Winston should choose his passion over her! When Winston told Owen that story about Maggie criticizing the way he heats up water, I started rooting for him to leave her. Maggie was so appalled that Winston was willing to choose her over cardio that she missed the part about how working for her is making him miserable. She reduces the joy he experiences doing cardio by being such a controlling nitpicker. Winston should talk to Ben. Ben had moments where he stood up to Miranda and was able to get her to see him. Ben and Miranda also broke up a couple of times. So, maybe Maggie should talk to Miranda.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2022 at 8:15 AM, Rammchick said:

I've lived near Seattle for nearly 10 years now.  We just don't get thunderstorms like that.  Nice try, show.

Can confirm!  I was in Seattle a few years ago and there was a storm that was only about a third as severe than the one depicted on the show…it was the lead story on the news for like 3 days.  I’m from the east coast, so it was similar to the 4PM storms we have every afternoon in the summer.  I could not figure out why everyone in Seattle was losing their shit over a thunderstorm.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2022 at 2:26 AM, Milaxx said:

Amen to ALL of this. Also? I hate Amelia & Kai. They have zero chemistry together and every scene just feels try hard.

Was Kai in this episode? If so I completely blocked them out which...yay me!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Amelia and Kai are horrible they have no chemistry. And doesn't Kai not want kids and/or doesn't want to be around them? That is usually a deal breaker for people who already have kids. But the writers are never going to break Amelia up with Kai because they think the pairing is wonderful. 🙄

I liked Amelia and Linc; until the writers ruined them.  But that doesn't mean I want Linc with Jo.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I've always been a Meredith fan despite her faults--but I'm ready for her to hurry up and leave. There has been more than enough Meredith love on this show. I don't need more people telling me how special she is. 

Jo was awful in the ER and it seemed out of character. 

I wish they'd bring in someone new to be chief. 

• Love 3

So, maybe Maggie should talk to Miranda.

But she won't because that's waaaay too obvious! Or even talk to Meredith. She held her ground when Derek went to D.C. (and very nearly had a fling).  

I liked Amelia and Linc; until the writers ruined them.  But that doesn't mean I want Linc with Jo.

Point Agree GIF by Ford

Or Amelia with Kai! Has Kai even been on this season? I've heard Amelia reference them, but haven't seen them.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

Or Amelia with Kai! Has Kai even been on this season? I've heard Amelia reference them, but haven't seen them.

They were in the episode when Zola was hanging out at the hospital and started playing with the puzzles and amazed all the doctors.

• Love 3
On 11/12/2022 at 8:25 PM, Lovecat said:

Can confirm!  I was in Seattle a few years ago and there was a storm that was only about a third as severe than the one depicted on the show…it was the lead story on the news for like 3 days.  I’m from the east coast, so it was similar to the 4PM storms we have every afternoon in the summer.  I could not figure out why everyone in Seattle was losing their shit over a thunderstorm.

We just don't get the different swirling air masses you need to make a thunderstorm.  If we get thunder at all, it's typically one good clap and that's it.  We had one thunderstorm this past summer that actually lasted about ten minutes.

Edited by Rammchick
  • Love 1

My sister-in-law and her family lived on Astoria Island when her kids were young, and then moved to New Orleans.  She told me she had forgotten how intense thunderstorms could be and her kids were terrified during the first one post-move.  I didn't realize that everybody didn't get thunderstorms like we get here in the south.

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, Court said:

Maggie didn't grab the post it note. Winston caught it when it fell during the lightning strike. 

I was hoping Maggie and Schmidt would both die. 

Each struck by lightning in a different location at the exact same time!

I'm in, well, Maryland, and we get pretty bad thunderstorms here (sometimes with hail, occasionally spawning tornadoes, too). But I still kinda rolled my eyes when the big event of the fall finale was going to be a thunderstorm!

• Love 1
On 11/11/2022 at 12:31 PM, statsgirl said:

thing to have a love that no other person will match. It's another to keep getting into relationships with men who think that she is or can be serious about them, have them fall in love with her, and then treat them like old newspapers that she can throw out on a whim.

Meredith will do Meredith. At least she has always been true to herself. She was raised by Ellis Grey. Enough said.

I have been saying from the moment the writers or whoever gave the character -- Meredith - who has always been shown to be awkward and cold and perhaps selfish - not just one child but multiple children! It's a travesty!

But in real life I have known a woman or two who should never have become mothers. and yet they do. and the children are the ones who suffer.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

I wish they'd bring in someone new to be chief. 

Yes! Bring in fresh blood, because there is absolutely no one currently there that I would want as chief. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Maggie's line about not respecting Winston seemed like something Cristina would say. 

I actually don't mind Adams and Simone. 

Poor Zola, Bailey and Ellis those kids have been through it. 

I was sad about the house burning down. I liked the fact it was on every season. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I find it annoying that Richard is still referred to as “Chief”. He hasn’t been for sometime and I would think any new people would be confused by this.

I work for a man who used to be a Texas Supreme Court judge and he is still referred to as "judge" although he no longer holds that office.  Perhaps it is a mark of respect for the experience and wisdom he has shown over the years.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, taanja said:

Meredith will do Meredith. At least she has always been true to herself. She was raised by Ellis Grey. Enough said.

I have been saying from the moment the writers or whoever gave the character -- Meredith - who has always been shown to be awkward and cold and perhaps selfish - not just one child but multiple children! It's a travesty!

But in real life I have known a woman or two who should never have become mothers. and yet they do. and the children are the ones who suffer.

The thing is, she was awkward in the first few seasons, but I don’t remember her being that cold. Not often.  She cared about her friends, and her patients.  She loved Zola.  Her face when she realized that it was George who had been hit by the bus.  The coldness was there with Lexi, and it was undeserved.  For the most part, as mark said, the apple fell far from the tree, when it came to ellis being her mother. 

I still haven’t watched the least few episodes, so I can’t comment on them.  

• Like 1