Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: The Bold and the Betrayed

• Start Topic

Storm struggles to deal with an insubordinate deckhand; Captain Sandy confronts the interior team about their shortcomings.

Bravo Airdate: 09/19/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

As suspected, the tangled anchor chains wasn't the big deal they tried to make it out to be in the cliffhanger.

So Natalya vs. Natasha/Kyle dumping all the work on her finally came to a head.

Sandy was noticing the mess in the pantry and galley and Natalya finally spilled the beans.  Courtney encouraged her to.

Natasha said she considers it a betrayal and is not going out, going to clean the pantry instead.  Kyle will also be the martyr.

I can't think of what Yuzu tastes like but it's some kind of savory ice cream?  Someone else did a savory-flavored ice cream but can't recall where.

Blech.

So there appears to be plans for these guests and the crew to meet "next year" and "back in the US?"  Did they get friendly with them or maybe there's a reunion of charter guests and crew?

Or did the guests expect to be on the show again?  Strange because these guests weren't particularly memorable.  They did make Kyle stay up late the night before their departure but that's about it.

• Love 4

Like an anchor chain that’s far less twisted than most of the crew, these comments are in order of the episode broadcast.

So like the person said up top, if you don’t want to be spoiled, stop reading.

I mean really, stop reading….

Stop….

No YOU Stop….

Oh, crikey, now I sound like the hens…

By the way, I just saw this on the BRAVO website and watched that way…

So on to the episode…

…and all of that drama leading up to the tangled anchor chain turned out to be no big deal.  Props to the Bosun for getting it done.

So after Queeg specifically tells Storm not to do everything himself – he does everything himself.  Granted, talking to Jason is like scolding a cat (they pay no attention), but letting Jason get away with being lazy isn’t going to solve the problem. 

And speaking of work, if Natasha and Kyle did more of it, the ship’s wi-fi wouldn’t be so heavily taxed.

Oh, man, if I hear those hens scream one more time, I’m going to puncture my own eardrums just for the relief.

Kyle and Natasha are surprised they’re being criticised for their work – or lack thereof.  Perhaps less time spent on the phone?

Next time – Will the Kyle/Natasha alliance result in Natalya being voted off the island?  Will Jason get the finger out?  Will the outgoing hens be replaced with incoming cockerels?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake!

• Love 8

I can’t stand Tash or Kyle.  If they want to stay on the boat instead of going out and clean up the mess, do it, no one cares.  I’ve never seen Natalya doing anything except working really hard, washing and cleaning.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 15

Kyle, be a professional and stop half-assing your  service and yawning because you don't like the guests (who were not that problematic, IMO. Yes, they stayed up late, but they weren't jerks. They could easily have been attended to while getting some other work done.) Get over that damn for-the-cameras boatmance.

Tasha, so you think Nat is just trying to make you look bad? You do realize that you're being followed by a camera 24/7, right? Put away your phone, get to work, learn how to spell, and leave all of the boys alone.

I don't know how this season could get much more boring. After watching each new episode, I kick myself while saying "nothing happened."

Edited by rur
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14

Natasha is ditzy, distracted and a terrible leader. She's somehow so amused by Kyle that she lets him get away with doing nearly nothing. 

Kyle is just a lazy asshole. The 2nd stew always splits time between service & housekeeping so he can lose me with the excuse that he's "always" helping Nat out.  He's constantly bitching and does anything to get out of actually working (still not buying the toothache). Finally, why are rhey not switching off on the late/early shift? Why is Kyle always on service when he often shows such disdain for the guests and his role serving them?

Finally, Sandy's shown far more restraint with Natasha than she actually deserves. Remember when she rousted Hannah out of bed because the table wasn't set two hours before breakfast? I do. 

Courtney is really is the best. I'd love to see her as a bosun. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 17

Kyle telling Tash she’s a “great leader” because she lets him slack off work and focus on daydreaming about Frank really exemplified why those two get along so well. She does the same thing with her own relationships! Just zero work ethic with the pair of them. Don’t blame Natalya a bit and Kyle acting shocked, shocked! That anyone would accuse him of being lazy was ridiculous.

Nice to see drama free Dave.  I don’t see why Storm has to name a second lead - just ask both Mtzi and Courtney for extra help until he can offload Jason. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Natasha and Kyle maybe if you two were attached at the hip you'd get stuff done.  Here's an idea after service maybe one of you clean up while the other gets drinks.  You don't need two people doing that.  What exactly did Kyle do while Natasha was at the beach?  And why was he there when Natasha was talking to the guests about the beach?  He wasn't going, did nothing to prepare either.  Does he think all he has to do is give drinks and serve the food?  When he had his tooth problem he was given the chance to do the laundry and rooms and all he did was complain when Natayla got him started.  Natasha you weren't being snitched on, you weren't doing your job.  Sandy called you on it earlier and had to remind you again.  Natasha and Kyle sacrificing your going out please just stop.  Maybe if you both didn't goof around together you'd have stuff clean.

Jason maybe listen to your bosun when he tells you to put something away.  You argue about everything. If you don't like being told what to do there is the option of leaving the boat.

• Like 3
  • Love 14

I get that the guests kept Natasha and Kyle up until the wee hours, but they could clean as they go along. They weren't making and serving drinks non-stop. Some people just have no concept of cleaning as they go along and let the mess pile up until it's a nightmare, and that's apparently what Natasha's problem is. Which speaks to what a terrible Chief Stew she is. She clearly has zero organizational skills.

I can't even get into the weirdness of her going to Dave and asking for a hug after everything they've been through, she is constantly flirting with him and it's been going on since Day 1. I just wish Dave would stay far, far away.

There's no reason Storm should promote Courtney over Mzi. Mzi has more deckhand experience, and Courtney would not resent him being made lead deckhand, whereas both Mzi and Jason would probably resent it if Storm made Courtney lead. Plus Mzi is better and managing Jason.

• Love 9

One of the reasons they stayed up so late is that when they were looking for drinks and food, Natasha and Kyle were nowhere to be found for some period of time because they were off to the side having some convo.

So the guests waited until they showed up again to order drinks and food.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, rur said:

Kyle, be a professional and stop half-assing your  service and yawning because you don't like the guests (who were not that problematic, IMO. [snip]

Tasha, so you think Nat is just trying to make you look bad? You do realize that you're being followed by a camera 24/7, right? Put away your phone, get to work, learn how to spell, and leave all of the boys alone.

They're just butt-hurt because someone called them on their fuckery.  And then the classic defense of (paraphrasing) 'there's nothing I hate more than a snitch.'  Oh please, you've been phoning it in and it has gotten worse as the season progresses.  I don't know if Captain Sandy really did notice what was going on or only claimed to once Natalya spoke up, but bosses usually do know what's going on.

8 minutes ago, aghst said:

And one of the guests commented that it was taking a really long time to get the drinks and food.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, aghst said:

One of the reasons they stayed up so late is that when they were looking for drinks and food, Natasha and Kyle were nowhere to be found for some period of time because they were off to the side having some convo.

Was it Dave that commented to someone else (Mzi?) that Natasha and Kyle were constantly sitting around talking? I was interrupted watching at that point, but I thought I caught that.

Like others mentioned upthread, that it does not take two people to make drinks and food. Have one clean up and the other service. Of course Natasha and Kyle act so indignant. I believe most seasons of the various BD shows there hasn't been much of a problem cleaning and being on service during the night shift. There maybe an off night here and there, but this seems pretty constant. Natasha and Kyle are both checked out. Also, Kyle's attitude toward these guests was ridiculous. They had annoying moments, but none of those were directed at the crew. They did not seem too demanding, besides staying up late. I have seen worse.

• Applause 3
  • Love 11

Haven't watched the last 4 episodes and judging by your comments this might be my choice for the rest of the season.
Is it the uninteresting crew? Do I suffer from BD fatigue? dunno.. but it really feels like not worthy spending any time to watch this season.

• Like 1

I think Jason being seen to be lazy is just editing. Most of the time he is not seen at all and when he is not the focus of attention - he is always working. He was also seen to be cleaning the deck after Mzi did it poorly. He does also get the work done that he is asked. The stains on the chrome he was supposed to polish - that Storm made a fuss about - happened after he had cleaned them as the camera showed the boat in motion with waves splashing that area, after it sowed Jason polishing the same area.

I also think a lot of the issues with Jason are due to him being older and more mature than the more childish crew members, and with Storm not really being a people person. He is not a good Bosun and is not ready for management because he can't delegate. It is also hard for Jason because the other three deck crew are such a tight knit group. He gets along fine with the interior.

There was also the bit where Courtney went to Storm and complained that Jason ignored her. That is not what was shown. She told him that Mzi had already washed down the deck he was working on and he replied saying that it was dirty and had needed to be done. So i have no idea what she was complaining about there ! Maybe she doesn't like him because she doesn't get the attention she does from him, that she does the other two?

As for the Interior - i feel sorry for Natalia. Se should be Chief Stew. She would be much better at it that Natasha - but because Kyle and Natasha ae so close (because Kyle is just a suck up), they are going to gang up on her now.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 9/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, Marvin said:

I think Jason being seen to be lazy is just editing. Most of the time he is not seen at all and when he is not the focus of attention - he is always working. He was also seen to be cleaning the deck after Mzi did it poorly. He does also get the work done that he is asked. The stains on the chrome he was supposed to polish - that Storm made a fuss about - happened after he had cleaned them as the camera showed the boat in motion with waves splashing that area, after it sowed Jason polishing the same area.

I also think a lot of the issues with Jason are due to him being older and more mature than the more childish crew members, and with Storm not really being a people person. He is not a good Bosun and is not ready for management because he can't delegate. It is also hard for Jason because the other three deck crew are such a tight knit group. He gets along fine with the interior.

There was also the bit where Courtney went to Storm and complained that Jason ignored her. That is not what was shown. She told him that Mzi had already washed down the deck he was working on and he replied saying that it was dirty and had needed to be done. So i have no idea what she was complaining about there ! Maybe she doesn't like him because she doesn't get the attention she does from him, that she does the other two?

As for the Interior - i feel sorry for Natalia. Se should be Chief Stew. She would be much better at it that Natasha - but because Kyle and Natasha ae so close (because Kyle is just a suck up), they are going to gang up on her now.

Jason does has his faults but I have to say the whole polish thing was so weird to me. They show on the screen that its an hour and 15 minutes til they are picking up guests and that's when Storm passes by Jason telling him to polish. Doesn't go into much detail and pretty much does a drive by of instruction. We also see that Jason is in the middle of what looks like an involved task. 15 minutes later Storms speaking with Sandy and she's explaining the 2 anchor situation. Not that long after we see him explaining the same to MZI and then we see Jason assisting him with lowering the anchor. Now I can't recall exactly but that puts us at around half hour until guests board. Jason still has to put on his whites and we did see him polishing. Which we learn later he didn't realize Storm wanted him to polish outside cause we saw him polishing somewhere indoors.

Storm gets aggravated at around 25 minutes til Guest pick up and starts polishing him self which means it was only 50 minutes from when he initially asked Jason to do the polishing. Jason had to finish what he was doing (I think he was working with the fenders) then he got pulled away to help with anchor and then went to get his whites on. Jason has been a pain when it comes to some of the communication with Storm but this situation was not really all on him. Plus, I don't understand why Jason would polish the area that Storm was talking about while they were still moving. The spray of the water and the mist in the air would have made the task pointless. I mean it's the reason why they have to polish again after leaving the dock. duh so that would mean that Jason wouldn't have been able to polish until the anchors were dropped and we saw that happen around 30-35 minutes before guest arrival. 

I like Storm but he seems to be one of those try hards that thinks running yourself ragged is the sign of a good worker. I've said this multiple times through my worklife. "I understand the need for urgency but I will not tolerate frantic" or in short "I don't do frantic" LOL. meaning I'll get the job done and I'll put some hustle in my groove as needed but what you're not going to do is invent some frantic, false, exaggerated importance on the timing of a task because you think that everything needs to be done at some super lighting speed to show as evidence of me doing my job. And I can't stand the ones that agree with the sentiment cause they want to kiss the bosses ass. I understand that jobs require time management and the such but unnecessary scrambling just because you want to get a job done in 10 minutes when 15-20 is just as acceptable for the task at hand with a particular timeframe allotted is not gonna rock with me. If there's no need for me to be huffing and puffing at the end of a task then I ain't about to go into hyperventilation cause you think sweating bullets and breathing hard is a sign of a good employee. Nah, life's too short. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1

I'm so glad Sandy is aware that Natalya is doing all of her work and then some.  Kyle and Tash need to get their acts together.  They are both way too distracted by their "love lives" and aren't focusing on their jobs.  Kyle can't even be bothered to be upbeat around the guests, which was literally the only thing he had going for him as a stew.  Tash is unorganized and is playing favorites. She was not scheduled for the late shift, yet stayed up with Kyle to "help out," though neither one thought about cleaning and organizing in between drink orders. Their friendship does remind me a bit of Kate and Josiah on OG Below Deck, except both Kate and Josiah were competent and could do their jobs.  

• Love 8

Natasha ~ you don’t need Natalya to make you look bad, you can do that all on your own and doubly bad with your sidekick Kyle.  And it’s not just your stewing skills it’s also how you treat others too….. time to get over yourself.

Edited by endure
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Natasha and Kyle are EVERY person who ever acts like they are the hardest workers ever and clock watch every one else, when actually they are monumental time wasters and drama causers.  Ugh.  They are giving me PTSD remembering people I used to manage who were like this.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I despise Natasha. Natalya calmly says she feels like she is bearing the majority of the burden and then Natasha goes running to Kyle and says something like "Natalya screamed at me" and I'm like you lying bitch, she did nothing of the sort. Also, cameras are following you, we all heard the lie.

• Love 4

She actually said that Sandy screamed at her.  Which also wasn't true.

It doesn't seem like the deck crew is helping them clean up as much as on previous seasons.  James and Eddie were always in the galley washing dishes.

But Natalya shouldn't have to do all the laundry, clean all the cabins, prep for breakfast, and clean up after the previous night's party.  She had a pretty straight forward take on it with Sandy:  either do the morning prep or put away last night's decor.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

But Natalya shouldn't have to do all the laundry, clean all the cabins, prep for breakfast, and clean up after the previous night's party.

I may be wrong but doesn't Natalya also do the tablescapes, or is that Natasha climbing around up there.

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, meep.meep said:

It doesn't seem like the deck crew is helping them clean up as much as on previous seasons.  James and Eddie were always in the galley washing dishes.

But Natalya shouldn't have to do all the laundry, clean all the cabins, prep for breakfast, and clean up after the previous night's party.  She had a pretty straight forward take on it with Sandy:  either do the morning prep or put away last night's decor.

Exactly how it appears to us then on top of it she has to put up with snide comments and passive aggression especially from Kyle, pretty annoying situation for Natalya.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Didn't Natasha tell the deck crew she didn't need them when she did the wine tasting?  That came back to bite her in the behind when they ran out of glasses, slowed service, and almost ruined Dave's food.  You'd think she would ask for someone to stay and help if needed.  I see a lot of similarities of her and Raygan with stuff like this.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 9/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, Oosala said:

They're just butt-hurt because someone called them on their fuckery.  And then the classic defense of (paraphrasing) 'there's nothing I hate more than a snitch.'  Oh please, you've been phoning it in and it has gotten worse as the season progresses. 

I don't know if Captain Sandy really did notice what was going on or only claimed to once Natalya spoke up, but bosses usually do know what's going on.

For as much time as Sandy spent in the galley on all her other seasons, I find it hard to believe she is 1. staying out of the galley 2. she has not seen the mess in the galley.  Could it be producer shenanigans and they told her not to say anything until it played out for drama TV?  And how could she not see that mess.  Everyone else did.

I am over both Yawning Kyle and Gaslighter Natashia.  Their feeble attempt at sympathy that they were staying on boat to clean up their mess, was ignored by the rest of the crew.  For this I am glad since it was all for dramatic effect.  Like Natalya said, "why couldn't you do that the last 5 hours they were supposedly working?"  Two lazy assed wannabes, soon to be off my TV.  I hope they do not come back. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, Oosala said:

I may be wrong but doesn't Natalya also do the tablescapes, or is that Natasha climbing around up there.

You aren't wrong. I rewatched and it is Natalya.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:14 AM, meep.meep said:

I misremembered. She lied either way.