Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

My cousin watches with closed captioning and Steve called Abe Matt at least twice.

I always watch with CC. They did type Matt, but Steve said "man". I could see how CC would think it was Matt, but it's Steve's accent. Steve almost always ends his sentence with the word "man". (i.e. come on, man) IOW, instead of saying "dude" he says "man".

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

It took me by surprise.

Lost my dad to suicide a handful of years ago.

Sometimes I can handle watching it in fiction, other times...the notion implied, rather than outright said, was far more effective. Teary but not overdone.

I know from personal experience, most people don't talk about it.

Brandon B played it just right, I thought. Kudos to him.

I do hope him reaching  for help though, means Shawn is starting to forgive himself.

It actually has been better than I thought it would be.  

I've had two family members commit suicide, so it's one of the things that I am always on alert for.  

I agree with you about Brandon B.   

• Hugs 5
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Paulina can just give Rafe back his job? Why isn’t Jada at Rafe’s house?

Yea, Rafe apparently living in Jada's tiny apartment above the pub doesn't make a lot of sense when Rafe has an actual house. Maybe they got rid of Rafe's house set.

• Like 6

I had to roll my eyes over Paulina's indignation over a woman being referred to as a "subordinate"  as if this were some kind of misogynistic hate speech.

If you're below someone in rank, you're their subordinate regardless of sex.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Badger said:

I had to roll my eyes over Paulina's indignation over a woman being referred to as a "subordinate"  as if this were some kind of misogynistic hate speech.

If you're below someone in rank, you're their subordinate regardless of sex.

I hate Paulina as Mayor. Undeserved and she will use her personal bias to make decisions. I fear for Sloane who is already having a shit week

Leo in drag was...something. They are lucky the lawyer guy was a sympathetic gay too.

I really enjoyed BB as Stefan when he revealed that Leo was the girlfriend to Gabi. He had such a fun twinkle. I usually don't rate them but this was fun

SO end game is Xarah and Phloe eh?

• Like 6
On 8/29/2023 at 6:48 AM, Lisa418722 said:

They do NOT need to be attempting any sort of serious, real-life story.  Sorry, but these writers are not proficient enough to handle this.  But who knows, maybe I'll be proved wrong.  

I agree and I felt that way with JJ’s suicide attempt a few years ago despite a great performance from Casey Moss. 

• Like 4

Hey - Nibbles said "nibble" 😄 Are they reading our posts here?

Did they really skip over Belle's reunion with Philip? Why?

God, I love MM more and more. She's fantastic. And green looks amazing on her.

Remember how good she was during Marlena's coma/pull the plug/Hattie switch storyline?

Her pleading with Brady not to press charges would work better if we saw her hearing and processing Philip's explanations. Why does she really believe he's better? I also feel the audience needed to see if she was still attracted to him. That's a constant question that hangs over her life and will impact Shawn's storyline. She always goes back to him. Will she again?

Chloe is suddenly the most desired woman in town. Will there be a threeway brawl between Brady, Philip and Xander?

By the way, it is so satisfying to see Brady hating Kristen openly. Looooong overdue.

And it really proves Eileen's point that playing Kristen indefinitely would lead everyone to hate her. The writers have driven the character into the ground by overusing her.

Everything Leo-related is....idiotic. Wig and accent included. Nice twist with the gay lawyer sympathizing, though.

How exactly are the police not pressing charges against Philip, regardless of who refuses to testify?

JPL did weird stuff with his face at the end of the episode, guys. He hasn't changed. *Groan*

Did Gabi and Stefan walk into the exact same bedroom set Gwen was sitting in in the previous shot? Anyone notice?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I also feel the audience needed to see if she was still attracted to him. That's a constant question that hangs over her life and will impact Shawn's storyline. She always goes back to him. Will she again?

Well, I know when she hugged him in Wednesday's episode she had more heat/chem than I've ever seen her have with Shawn lol.

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

SO end game is Xarah and Phloe eh?

😢

The Gwen/Dimitri/Leo stuff is unwatchable. Such a shame too because there could have been something good there.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, I know when she hugged him in Wednesday's episode she had more heat/chem than I've ever seen her have with Shawn lol.

They hugged? I thought Belle just saw him in the doorway....

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

JPL did weird stuff with his face at the end of the episode, guys. He hasn't changed. *Groan*

You're right, he did.  I'm sorry to see the mugger in him is just itching to break out.  Also, Philip needs a bath and a shave.

I really liked Brandon Barash when he first came on Show but anymore, not so much.  Gabi, too.  Also, they have zero chemistry.  If Kristen wanted to send them to a secret island, I'd be fine with it.

And if Kristen went along with them, it would be Christmas every day!

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

Leo made a handsome woman. Er, no one would really believe he was a woman. At least the lawyer did sympathize with them and noted they were ‘in love’.

What is it with messy rose petals on the bed?

Gabi and Stefan sure put two and two together fast.

The Salem PD can still press charges against Philip - and maybe even send a bill for him to pay for their investigation.

I did laugh at Xander comparing notes of what he did and Philip did.

Belle looked good in the teal jacket.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ok...I love seeing a believable actress cast to play a female cop...but this is a soap, where everyone is glammed up...and now you're having DVD describe her as stunning...so wouldn't this have been the one opportunity to get away with casting another toothpaste model/Jada/Lani type? Seemed like the script demanded it...no offense to the actress who did fine.

Soooooo siiiiiiick of Amnesia Abe being pressured to get back with Paulina when no one knows why he "fell for her" in the first place. Go ahead Steve. Explain it to us all. If you can.

DVD is a charmer and its amazing to see someone of his pedigree deign to visit the world of soaps. It used to happen, but with budgets being what they are, is more and more rare.

A chimney sweep or street artist, eh? 😉

Seems clear he'll be John's Pappa, but where does that leave Timothy Robicheaux? Hope with all the continuity being referenced lately that they do the work of believably explaining things.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ok...I love seeing a believable actress cast to play a female cop...but this is a soap, where everyone is glammed up...and now you're having DVD describe her as stunning...so wouldn't this have been the one opportunity to get away with casting another toothpaste model/Jada/Lani type? Seemed like the script demanded it...no offense to the actress who did fine

It's his real life wife that's why he was playing it up

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

It's his real life wife that's why he was playing it up

I’m sorry I don’t know how a woman in her prime is able to sleep with (and just even sleep in the same bed or cuddle or kiss, etc. )somebody 40 years older. it just turns my stomach but hey that’s me. I don’t think even all that load of money I would make sure that I was getting could make me able to go through with it.

• Like 3

Well, look at Mick Jagger and his almost-literal village of children and wives/ex-wives/girlfriends, etc. Some of Mick's kids are old enough to be PARENTS to his younger children.

I guess fame brings different rules.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
41 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

What fun to be able to visit the set!  Did you win a contest?

Nope. Just went there and paid to do a tour. Saw nobody exciting, but my friend who took us said she saw Missy run by on a previous visit 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, look at Mick Jagger and his almost-literal village of children and wives/ex-wives/girlfriends, etc. Some of Mick's kids are old enough to be PARENTS to his younger children.

I'll raise you fellow rolling stone Bill Wyman who married teenage Mandy Smith (33 years younger) and when they divorced her mum married his son. Ick.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

I'll raise you fellow rolling stone Bill Wyman who married teenage Mandy Smith (33 years younger) and when they divorced her mum married his son. Ick.

Okay, that's...kinda icky, to me. But it's their lives.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh that was Salem Place, I think.

Was it the parking lot essentially?

I think it had to be the outdoor mall set that we'd see the Last Blast Chance crew at occasionally. I could be wrong but I mainly remember it being mostly an outdoor cantina type restaurant. It lines up with being 21 years ago. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Rock stars are notorious for marrying young. However, I don't believe any of them were pushing 100 (or even 90) when they married their younger wives.

Dick and his wife have been married for over a decade. She was 41 and he was 87. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Okay, that's...kinda icky, to me. But it's their lives.

Thanks for sharing the info, this is kinda uneasy to digest. They must have preferred their partners to be young and fresh as Stone Cates might say. 

• Like 1

That DVD probably asked for them to write all that dialogue with him hitting on his wife is what makes me squirm.

I'm glad if they're happy and all that but...making a spectacle over how hot your wife is when she's half your age and you're almost 90? Not the best character introduction.

I really hope I start enjoying this character soon, because all I'm seeing so far is DVD.

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Does anyone know how long the DVD story will last? I got the impression he only filmed for a brief time (although they could spread it out over several episodes).

5 shows only I think 

• Thanks 2
13 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Rock stars are notorious for marrying young. However, I don't believe any of them were pushing 100 (or even 90) when they married their younger wives.

Well, Mick is 80 and just welcomed another kid just a year or so ago, so...close enough?

If Dick is happy, good for him. Just my take.

As for the show, I think Mystery Man being another John Doe is a nice throwback to John Black's beginning.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Dick and his wife have been married for over a decade. She was 41 and he was 87. 

Plus, Dick's first wife was his age.  And his second long-term partner, who died, was close to his age.  I tend to be more forgiving of men who date people much much younger when they it's clearly not a long-term habit.  I feel the same way about Tony Randall who married much younger but only after his wife of many decades passed away.

But I didn't realize his wife was on the show too. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

No Paulina, no Leo, no Kristen, no Gwen....today was supposed to be a good day.

....I am so flipping disappointed. Theresa's back and within 2 minutes she's acting meek and pleading her case to Brady - the absentee father/husband who treated her like dirt.

Why isn't she over him? Ugh. I hate, hate, hate that they gave them this dynamic. They're robbing her of all self esteem. 

And here's Brady, The Great Man, glossing over how he rubbed his relationship with Eve in her face, and skipping over the "thank you" that usually comes with discussing how one sacrificed for the other.

That he is still involved with Kristen should be enough to make her sick to her stomach.

Aaaaaaaaand now she's kissed him. 🤬

This is not believable. Theresa deserves waaaay better.

If this was a dream sequence, fine okay, but if this is supposed to really be her.....🤮

What more does this idiot have to do for you to never, ever look his way again?

....these scenes feel like Brady's egotistical imaginings of how she'd still feel about him.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2023 at 6:40 PM, chediavolo said:

I’m sorry I don’t know how a woman in her prime is able to sleep with (and just even sleep in the same bed or cuddle or kiss, etc. )somebody 40 years older.

If the real Dick van Dyke is anything like the character on my screen,  I understand it. "John Doe" is charming and fun with a twinkle in his eye and he's still a good dancer. I know men in their 50s and 60s who aren't nearly as much fun. If he's learning that dialogue it looks like he's cognitively there too. For me, that's more important.

I'm also a sucker for the name Joseph Bell as the real life Joseph Bell was the model for Sherlock Holmes.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Thanks!

I wasn't sure why he referred to him as Yo Ling - a fake name - instead of Timothy Robichaux.

I liked the speed at which the plot moved along (by necessity obviously), compared to the show's usual mysteries, which wear out their welcome fast.

In one episode, Steve and John do the obvious, some quick research and figure it out. Didn't buy the nursing home handing over a file to them and then leaving them alone with it, though, but hey...at least this is moving along.

And Doug - thankfully - seemed in better shape than I expected him to be from the trailer. Still coordinated and focused. The "stubbed toe" was a good cover for the wheelchair, but they should probably think up something better going forward (not that they ever do).

The thought crossed my mind today that Victor is getting a much, much, much more respectful end than Stefano did. We should have gotten a clear ending, tons of flashbacks, like they're doing now, and a mourning period.

EJ suddenly wanting vengeance is random, but hey, at least we know Susan is alive again.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 8
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....I am so flipping disappointed. Theresa's back and within 2 minutes she's acting meek and pleading her case to Brady - the absentee father/husband who treated her like dirt.

Why isn't she over him? Ugh. I hate, hate, hate that they gave them this dynamic. They're robbing her of all self esteem. 

And here's Brady, The Great Man, glossing over how he rubbed his relationship with Eve in her face, and skipping over the "thank you" that usually comes with discussing how one sacrificed for the other.

That he is still involved with Kristen should be enough to make her sick to her stomach.

If this was a dream sequence, fine okay, but if this is supposed to really be her.....🤮

....these scenes feel like Brady's egotistical imaginings of how she'd still feel about him.

Theresa never had any self esteem to begin with so... *shrugs*

• Like 5

Theresa would have found someone better in LA by now? 

I did love seeing her back though, she was a great character with JL. 

Surprised EJ waited this long to order hit on Ava. 

Susan is alive, where?  How? EJ was right behind.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Theresa would have found someone better in LA by now? 

I did love seeing her back though, she was a great character with JL. 

Surprised EJ waited this long to order hit on Ava. 

Susan is alive, where?  How? EJ was right behind.

I don't know I figure even LA guys can't stand her ass either... 

Brady is the father of her child and given the lack of stability she felt when Shane/Kim were apart I can see why she would talk herself into thinking Brady is the right choice for her.  However if Theresa was on screen all these years she would've moved on to someone like Alex or Chad by now.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

For me (stressing this here!), I couldn't give a rat's ass about how Brady treated Theresa since...SHE TRIED TO MURDER BRADY'S FATHER, who was her pseudo-uncle!

So...Team Brady Black here. I have never forgotten and never will.

It won't happen, but I liked - and continued to like - Brady/Chloe and wish they would try again, and I HATE that the demon seed, Rac-hell, got her way.

What a message to send.

• Like 3