Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I'm pretty sure that Kim's going to wish that Theresa had died just like all of the other babies that she lost.

Um......woah 😯

5 hours ago, boes said:

Give it a few years or so and then bring her back, if they have a decent storyline but ONLY bring her back if the most excellent Jen Lilley can play her.

Agreed. Only if the show has years left... and if JL isn't so turned off by having had her character given away and then ruined. Big "if"s.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And I love Theresa's inter-actions with her Son(both actors), and her calling Holly a "Drama Queen" made me laugh, since Theresa is also a Drama Queen!  

I loved those scenes, too. I think this new Tate works best as a son to Theresa, which is funny since he's only 12 years younger than EOB.

8 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

EOB has made Theresa tolerable for be. 

Same.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, norcalgal said:

And as been pointed out here many times, it makes zero sense that she would be a gold digger because Shane is wealthy.  

Or that Eve needed money so Paige can go to Stanford(as if Shane wouldn't have paid for that himself). Now I can see Shane cutting Theresa off for her party girl ways/drug use and she wants $$$ much like how Chanel was when she first showed up to town.

Speaking of Chanel I liked the parallel of her and Paulina and Nicole/Holly being at odds on Mother's Day. I wonder if it was planned that way.

12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Friday's show was so emotional for me...the little actor who plays Thomas is excellent & really tugged at my heartstrings while talking to his Dad at the Cemetary & then when he talked to Julie & gave her a hug.   Bringing the whole theme of "Mothers & Their Children" drama was well done...Chanel was correct in dealing with her meddling, over-bearing Mother!  Paulina drives me crazy & I am glad Johnny stood up to Paulina too.  Then there was the Drama with Holly & Nicole, the brunch started out nicely, but again, a Mother who thinks she is doing the right thing, is upsetting the 'apple cart".  And I love Theresa's inter-actions with her Son(both actors), and her calling Holly a "Drama Queen" made me laugh, since Theresa is also a Drama Queen!  Lots of plot points were moved along and I enjoy show's like today, that highlight the Family connections. 

I somehow missed this post. I wonder if this was their mother's day episode? If so this was a decent one. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What am I missing? What has Theresa done that's to the level that she should die a horrible death? When I've been watching she left Chloe with El Fideo, didn't tell Xander Victor was his real dad/kept him from his inheritance, and fake kidnapped Victoria. I feel like those are barely a blip on the radar of awful shit characters have done lol. Oh, and I've heard about her accusing Xander of rape but still that's not anything worse than things other people have done tbh.

Not to mention that she whacked John in the head with a firepoker and she framed Brady for it. And oh yeah, she also framed Brady for Deimos's murder.

And she's also standing there and allowing Konstantin to plot and scheme for Maggie to die just so he can get Victor's inheritance. Even if she doesn't actually know that Konstantin is planning to have her killed, she's not really doing anything to stop it. I really hope Maggie quits being her sponsor and has nothing to do with her ever again. 

When you add all of that stuff together, yeah she's a pretty awful person with absolutely no redeeming qualities. Xander really should have just left her to rot in Mexico for the rest of her days and let the cartels take care of her. We would all be better off. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, boes said:

Hell no, Theresa doesn't need to die or be the town pariah when you consider the backstories on most of Salem's inhabitants.  The solely "good" folks are few and far between and mostly either deep in the past or legacy characters like Maggie.

Give it a few years or so and then bring her back, if they have a decent storyline but ONLY bring her back if the most excellent Jen Lilley can play her.

Actually she does need to be the town pariah; pretty much everybody needs to hate her, including her own family. If Days insists on having her be written like the villain that they obviously want her to be, then she needs to have absolutely no one on her side and she needs to be shunned by the whole town. If the show wants to redeem her, then do it properly, not half-assed. If they want her as a villain, then write her as a villain. But they can't have it both ways and expect viewers to buy it. 

Besides, there are plenty of vixens in her age group that they can always bring back that are much better written and much more interesting and compelling than her anyway that viewers actually want to see. 

12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Um......woah 😯

Agreed. Only if the show has years left... and if JL isn't so turned off by having had her character given away and then ruined. Big "if"s.

I think Jen is at a point in her life where I don't think she really needs to rely on Days so much. She's got a whole lot of successful business and charity ventures plus she has a family to take care of. She's better off putting Days in her rear view mirror and never looking back. Besides, Theresa's permanently ruined anyway and just isn't salvageable as a character. Time for the writers to cut their losses. 

18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Xander went to jail for two years labeled as a rapist, that can't have been fun. However he got no punishment for nearly killing Ericole so I always figured that was karma.

I don't think Theresa needs to die either. She's not Clyde or Duke Johnson here, just a greedy golddigger

Yeah she's not a Clyde Weston or Duke Johnson type but she's just as bad as Kristen DiMera if not worse. And we all know how bad Kristen really is. And she's ten times worse than Sami too. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Actually she does need to be the town pariah; pretty much everybody needs to hate her, including her own family. If Days insists on having her be written like the villain that they obviously want her to be, then she needs to have absolutely no one on her side and she needs to be shunned by the whole town.

It seems like we have so many of these characters and yet, some of them are allowed to be redeemed (Kate, Sami) and others are just left out there to be hated, but nothing ever happens to them (Kristen, Paulina, Theresa, Konstantin, maybe Sloan, Ava).

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

It seems like we have so many of these characters and yet, some of them are allowed to be redeemed (Kate, Sami) and others are just left out there to be hated, but nothing ever happens to them (Kristen, Paulina, Theresa, Konstantin, maybe Sloan, Ava).

Even though she’s not currently on canvas (wink, wink) don’t forget Gwen, the most useless, nonsensical retcon of all time. 

• Applause 5
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Even though she’s not currently on canvas (wink, wink) don’t forget Gwen, the most useless, nonsensical retcon of all time. 

She went to prison, unlike most of those others.  So at least something happened to her.

• Like 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Yeah she's not a Clyde Weston or Duke Johnson type but she's just as bad as Kristen DiMera if not worse. And we all know how bad Kristen really is. And she's ten times worse than Sami too. 

Um...worse than Kristen?

Look we can all have our differing opinions but that's....that's just not factual 😅

Kristen not only has a few decades of evil behind her, but a much longer list of victims and crimes.

Theresa: John, Marlena and Brady (who have pretty much forgiven her for the crowbar stuff), Victor (also forgave her)...Maggie Sarah Xander Alex? They're gonna be pissed. Tate too.

Kristen: Marlena, John, Roman, Brady, Susan, SMM, Thomas, Edmund, Eric, Nicole, Paul, Jennifer, Laura (RIP), Victor (RIP), Dr Tan (RI...oh nevermind), Kate, Kayla, DA Lady, Chloe, Hope, Bo...they all actively hate her for crimes she's never paid for or apologized for. And those are just off the top of my head!

Hate Gwenresa all you want, no argument here, but...let's not call her a Kristen juuust yet.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Um...worse than Kristen?

Look we can all have our differing opinions but that's....that's just not factual 😅

Kristen not only has a few decades of evil behind her, but a much longer list of victims and crimes.

Theresa: John, Marlena and Brady (who have pretty much forgiven her for the crowbar stuff), Victor (also forgave her)...Maggie Sarah Xander Alex? They're gonna be pissed. Tate too.

Kristen: Marlena, John, Roman, Brady, Susan, SMM, Thomas, Edmund, Eric, Nicole, Paul, Jennifer, Laura (RIP), Victor (RIP), Dr Tan (RI...oh nevermind), Kate, Kayla, DA Lady, Chloe, Hope, Bo...they all actively hate her for crimes she's never paid for or apologized for. And those are just off the top of my head!

Hate Gwenresa all you want, no argument here, but...let's not call her a Kristen juuust yet.

There is an insane level of Theresa hate disproportionate to her crimes. I see posts demanding her death and that she deserves to suffer a painful one for her behaviour. To me the worst things she has done are to nearly kill John and frame Brady for it, and fake a rape and send Xander to prison for it (and he did deserve jail time for what he did to Ericole, but not the rapist label in jail).

The will swap is awful to Alex and Justin mostly. It has destroyed their relationship. Xander is happier than he's ever been and has stated he doesn't want Victor's money anyway. I think he will want Titan though. But I don't think Theresa deserves a death sentence for this one.

Kristen on the other hand is a repeat rapist, kidnapper and attempted murderer who uses her child as a tool without regard for what she is doing to her. She could die tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I don't think she is capable of ever changing. I have some hope that there is a human being in Theresa somewhere.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Assuming that "SMM" is "Sister Mary Moira," what did Kristen ever do to her?  Or Edmund, for that matter?

"DA Lady" is Melinda.  And you might as well add her daughter, Haley, to that list, since, accidental or not, she did kill her (even if I do consider that more Xander and Victor's fault since their actions did get the ball rolling for that one).  Sarah should be on that list, too, for the near-year she spent on that DiMera island, courtesy of Kristen.  Steve and Abigail, as well.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Assuming that "SMM" is "Sister Mary Moira," what did Kristen ever do to her?  Or Edmund, for that matter?

"DA Lady" is Melinda.  And you might as well add her daughter, Haley, to that list, since, accidental or not, she did kill her (even if I do consider that more Xander and Victor's fault since their actions did get the ball rolling for that one).  Sarah should be on that list, too, for the near-year she spent on that DiMera island, courtesy of Kristen.  Steve and Abigail, as well.

Kristen married Edmund as Susan after abducting and kidnapping Susan. She also  kidnapped Mary Moira to cover up the fact she sold Susan into white slavery. Definitely Sarah belongs on the victim list. Kristen didn't care what happened to her or that she was out of her mind for a year.

Bit of a stretch to blame Haley's death on Xander. I didn't see Brady shoving any women down staircases. Normal people don't do that even if they are grieving 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I forgot about Sarah's abuction. There's just too much to keep track of.

Haley's death was an awful one. Totally random and senseless. Sister Mary Moira was also impersonated by Kristen in Beyond Salem, in addition to the 90s kidnapping/being held for ransom the night that Penelope died in the pool. I'd have put her on the list too but she essentially went to that house to die that night and didn't know Kristen and technically died at Edmund's hands so...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I forgot about Sarah's abuction. There's just too much to keep track of.

Haley's death was an awful one. Totally random and senseless. Sister Mary Moira was also impersonated by Kristen in Beyond Salem, in addition to the 90s kidnapping/being held for ransom the night that Penelope died in the pool. I'd have put her on the list too but she essentially went to that house to die that night and didn't know Kristen and technically died at Edmund's hands so...

Which made Trask helping Sloane even more irritating to me given her loss. I get it if it was Rachel as payback but some random chick that has nothing to do with her? Nah

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Ok, now there is a reason to worry about Chanel’s radiation exposure.

(Even if she weren’t pregnant, she’s the only one that there’d be reason to worry about since she’s the only one who had close contact with Paulina.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

When is NickBobbyEverett leaving? I am beyond fed up with his storyline. He could start tap dancing and singing at this point and I still wouldn't tune in for his scenes.

I miss soaps that would air an episode less than a month after taping, so they could take the audience's temperature. I'm a popsicle on this guy's entire existence.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 5/12/2024 at 9:16 AM, brisbydog said:

Bit of a stretch to blame Haley's death on Xander. I didn't see Brady shoving any women down staircases. Normal people don't do that even if they are grieving 

At least two characters did at the time.  John and Abigail, in different conversations, pointed out that Victor and Xander playing God triggered Kristen in the first place.  So yes, they were responsible, as well.  Indirectly, but as they got the ball rolling for that, yes, in the grand scheme of things, Haley's blood is a much on their hands as it is on Kristen's.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

When is NickBobbyEverett leaving? I am beyond fed up with his storyline. He could start tap dancing and singing at this point and I still wouldn't tune in for his scenes.

I miss soaps that would air an episode less than a month after taping, so they could take the audience's temperature. I'm a popsicle on this guy's entire existence.

I so absolutely agree.  I liked the guy when he played Nick, didn't mind him when he played a devil, but I'm beyond sick of him and his acting tics in this latest incarnation.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm still interested in the Bobvrett story but it needs to move into another gear soon. And BB is no longer doing a good job of showing whether he's Everett or Bobby at any given time. It almost feels like he's switching back and forth frequently and for no real reason. And at times today he didn't seem like either Bobby or Everett.

I did actually watch almost all of this episode (minus Nicole/Eric) so that's a win lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I just read an article on soaps.com and it said that the biggest problem with Days is the one they will never fix - the ridiculous filming schedule that doesn't give them the ability to fix horrible stories (such as the Konstantin one or the Bobby/Everett one. There are MANY stories, of course, some due to the writer's strike, but since they can do this filming within the budget they get, we are doomed to get more stories and characters we don't like and that's the chance they are willing to take to keep the show running).

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Ava's offended Kristen would think she's one of Clyde's minions? It's exactly what she is.  Ava needs to pay. 

Everett realize yet he has 2 personalities?

• Like 2
(edited)

I was sad that EJ decided to go along with Sloane’s plan. EJ and Nicole have so much chemistry, but when the truth is revealed, she will read him the riot act. Even though she did the EXACT same thing to him with Sydney. Due to her hypocrisy, I’m not looking do her frothing at the mouth anger towards EJ.

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

I was sad that EJ decided to go along with Sloane’s plan. EJ and Nicole have so much chemistry, but when the truth is revealed, she will read him the riot act. Even though she did the EXACT same thing to him with Sydney. Due to her hypocrisy, I’m not looking do her frothing at the mouth anger towards EJ.

I can actually see Nicole admitting that it's probably karma for the whole thing with Sydney.  But she's still going to be mad at E.J.

• Like 2

I still don't get why Sloan needed a baby to hold on to Eric. They'd clearly not spent enough time figuring out how to be a functional couple, finances-wise, and she's what....30? Barring some abnormalities, she'd be perfectly able to undergo fertility treatments and conceive.

And Eric suddenly became baby-obsessed just to facilitate this twist and create some kind of ticking clock.

Couldn't they have been just as interesting as a couple slowly discovering their differences? Did we need any of this?

Sloan could very well just dump Eric and pretend to discover the baby is Nicole's and that'd be a completely reasonable ending to this entirely random plotline.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

All the mentions of not only Clyde but Goldman make think that whenever he's caught, she's going to be, too.  But the old ones to whom she did anything really horrible were Tripp and Wendy, and until they return, I don't see the point of having her resurface.

I guess that maybe Steve and Ava could confront her about Tripp, but that's about it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, boes said:

I so absolutely agree.  I liked the guy when he played Nick, didn't mind him when he played a devil, but I'm beyond sick of him and his acting tics in this latest incarnation.  

I was just about to post the same about his acting tics.  Though I really didn't like him when he was Nick or the Devil.  I've seen many posts where viewers really like him, but I've just never been a fan of his "acting."   Truth be told, there are several other Days actors I could add to the list.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Couldn't [Eric/Sloan] have been just as interesting as a couple slowly discovering their differences? Did we need any of this?

Unfortunately, all they ever were was a bump in the never-ending Eric/Nicole merry-go-round.

Still holding onto hope they'll let Sloan/EJ hook up at least once during this. The chem is so there.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Poor Xander. Alex just blew through a million bucks of his inheritance in one day.

I hope he has to work for the rest of his life as the gardener to pay it off.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 9

I have to call foul.  While it's good to see a set for Salem High for the first time in well over a decade, they can't possibly be going to school on a Sunday.  It's apparently still Mother's Day in Salem?!  Really?!

• LOL 4

Is it a full set, or just a hallway?

We saw Ciara/Chase/Claire in a hallway with lockers "on location" around the time of the rape.

• Like 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Rodney said:

I can actually see Nicole admitting that it's probably karma for the whole thing with Sydney.  But she's still going to be mad at E.J.

I can see this reaction as well from her. If anything she'll be angrier at Sloan instead as EJ didn't know the entire time like she has.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 5
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I still don't get why Sloan needed a baby to hold on to Eric. They'd clearly not spent enough time figuring out how to be a functional couple, finances-wise, and she's what....30? Barring some abnormalities, she'd be perfectly able to undergo fertility treatments and conceive.

I find Sloan and Eric's relationship/home life to be interesting and a little different than how we usually see soap couples with babies. Sloan seems inconvenienced and moderately annoyed by Jude's constant crying, sporadic sleeping, and sex interrupting. This isn't the typical "loving mommy" soap take, and I appreciate that! Also, it is interesting that all of the gifts Eric has given Sloan recently are Jude-centered (the '''Jude necklace", then the recent necklace with Jude's birthstone), and each time, Sloan seems momentarily peeved by this as well. 

• Like 11
10 minutes ago, AManfred said:

I find Sloan and Eric's relationship/home life to be interesting and a little different than how we usually see soap couples with babies. Sloan seems inconvenienced and moderately annoyed by Jude's constant crying, sporadic sleeping, and sex interrupting. This isn't the typical "loving mommy" soap take, and I appreciate that! Also, it is interesting that all of the gifts Eric has given Sloan recently are Jude-centered (the '''Jude necklace", then the recent necklace with Jude's birthstone), and each time, Sloan seems momentarily peeved by this as well. 

I do think Sloan knowing that child isn't hers plays a huge role in this. She might've felt differently otherwise. However yeah it's a departure from Nicole/Sydney where Nicole took to her and that's a nice change of pace. 

Of course Sloan being maternal never rang true to me to begin with but I digress.

• Like 7

Ok, I hate to admit this, but even I'M getting disgusted by Alex's ridiculous spending spree. Can't wait until he finally finds out he's not Victor's son and has to find a real job...and work overtime to pay off all these new toys.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, Rodney said:

I have to call foul.  While it's good to see a set for Salem High for the first time in well over a decade, they can't possibly be going to school on a Sunday.  It's apparently still Mother's Day in Salem?!  Really?!

Right. The writers don't even care at all lol.

• Like 3
On 5/14/2024 at 6:25 PM, AManfred said:

This isn't the typical "loving mommy" soap take, and I appreciate that!

I appreciate it too. Too bad it's only in there to make us think she's evil. Good people find newborns difficult too.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 5/14/2024 at 2:38 PM, brisbydog said:

Alex just blew through a million bucks of his inheritance in one day.

17 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Ok, I hate to admit this, but even I'M getting disgusted by Alex's ridiculous spending spree

I must have not been paying attention (typical for me when Alex is onscreen), but what all did he buy?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

I must have not been paying attention (typical for me when Alex is onscreen), but what all did he buy?

650k Ferrari

100k his and her diamond watches 

A drone 

An expresso machine 

• Like 6

Too bad money can't buy a compelling personality.

Can we just watch the espresso machine drip instead of RSW?

That's a drip I can tolerate.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

650k Ferrari

100k his and her diamond watches 

A drone 

An expresso machine 

And today he says he bought a Race horse!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2

I enjoyed the Sarah/Xander scenes today...I thought they were sweet & romantic, I loved the Treasure hunt that Xander set up & I loved seeing a real Baby Victoria instead of a blanket.  Paul Telfer is good at being charming & romantic.  Meanwhile,  Alex has gone back to being a selfish Horndog, I guess his therapy sessions with Marlena did not work.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Alex is really a selfish pig.  He has two younger brothers who run a non profit to help cancer victims, in honour of their mutually adoptive mother Adrienne.  That should have been the very first use of his money. Instead he has blown over a million bucks on crap in 2 days.  And he obviously is tanking the company too. Xander is going to have his work cut out for him. Luckily he has matured so much, as evidenced by his money immediately going to his daughter. A big change from even 3 summers ago when he was blackmailing Sami and Nicole for cash. "Alex K" is really disgusting. I don't care if you are not monogamous but the person you are sleeping with should know that. Also his attitude towards work, and the continued stupid spending is so annoying. I get that the writers want him to fall hard. I can't wait.

That Xarah proposal was everything I hoped it would be. Heartfelt, sweet, funny and a real baby! I love this version of the couple.  I hope he spent Stefan's money on that rock.

Not sure why they need to entrap Kon stealing money when they could have nailed him on attempted murder since I imagine he was going to do the deed 'by pawn'. But whatever, anything that gets this tool off my screen.

Pub stuff felt like filler, but nice to see Jada check in with Stayla

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Maggie wants to judge and attack Alex what he does? She's the blind stupid fool to Konstantine. Alex needs to call her out on her dumb self.  

She gave away probably more money than Alex spent.  

Loved Xander and Sarah today.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2

It's cute how Paul/Xander can suddenly turn into a smitten 12 year old boy looking at Sarah.

Why does Jada have any relationship to Steve? Through her father? Was he a character?

Deidre seems thinner. You don't think...she's using that medication? I mean, some people thin out in their later years. I just hope she's not using the popular method.

What's stopping Maggie from changing her locks and getting Kon out of the mansion? Why wait? Why trick him into committing a crime?

Anyone else think Boberett's issues have to do with his mother?

(A lot of mothers getting brought up lately)

• Like 5
  • Love 2