Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, BoredAtHome said:

It is a pretty low bar for the male characters. Roman "mushmouth," Eric "my character is completely based on other's reactions," John "I'm a worthless scenery chewing character," 
Shall I go on?

If you want to.

I don't see, however, how anything you said about the other characters or actors impacts on how well Dan F. is portraying EJ.

• Like 6
(edited)

John's far more tolerable now than he was a decade ago. They let him play the upbeat kindly grandpa stuff now and Drake clearly enjoys it. He chews scenery when he's forced to do the dramatic angsty material, like the Pawn nonsense.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Chad is so against a punch? Hasn't he punch a lot even family members?

Chad nearly beat OG Stefan into a coma when he found him raping Abigail by "consensually" having sex with her alter, Gabby.

4 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Burn, Samantha, burn!

I don't know if or when we'll be seeing Sami again, but I sincerely hope she has no desire to reunite with EJ or vice versa.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Man, I could really feel the Disney emanating off Tate on Wednesday's show. I still keep expecting him to suddenly belt out a Broadway tune and am kinda feeling the same way about Aaron. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them do some kind of choreographed dance number at the prom.

And I hate to say it, but I too had a very hard time understanding Felicity's dialogue. Turning on the captioning helped.

We're on the same page.

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It is forever the "Ciara got raped by Chase" couch to me, and I'm glad they finally got rid of it. 

You and me both! Mardevil should have set it ablaze two Xmases ago.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't know if or when we'll be seeing Sami again,

I like Sami about as much as you like Ben/Alex, so I'm good with never seeing her again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

What a weird way to do the baby reveal to Nicole. To quote T.S. Eliot 'not with a bang but with a whimper'. Eric's whimper to be specific. Nicole just looked confused. I mean, way to give her some context man. I assume she will get further details Monday but this fell weirdly flat.

And the other 'big' reveal: After months and months of Everett very obviously displaying two personalities, Rafe states it, Jada agrees and Marlena confirms (breaking her doctor oath as usual, blabbing to his recent ex wife, her boyfriend, and his currentish girlfriend). I am interested in this plot but only when BobbyEv is on screen, not when these 4 dullards chat about him. Weird for him not even to be shown when they finally confirm what is going on with him.

Chanel said something like nothing is going to stop us having this baby, which means they are on track for a miscarriage they will never know was caused by radiation or just gonna happen anyway.

I still call bull on the adoption being called off because Sloan filed a legitimate civil case against Paulina, and not because the potential father killed somebody drunk driving. That should have been the reason, adding further motivation on Sloan to give Eric his own kid.

I am shocked Sloan told the whole truth (minus the paternity). I thought she'd blame a hospital mix up. I felt sad for her today but I hate Eric so I will never care about him and his man pain.  His obviously painted on fake tear that had started trickling before Sloan even told him about Jude made me laugh, probably not what the actor was going for. Today I just stared at his weirdly red face.

Of course he instantly returns the baby the same night. He's such a saint. Sarah's response of bolting with MickeyRachel was far more realistic.

I feel bad for Sloan, weirdly enough, she has had an awful year and she would never have done any of this without Melinda pushing her every step of the way.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I feel bad for Sloan, weirdly enough, she has had an awful year and she would never have done any of this without Melinda pushing her every step of the way.

Alas, I still haven't renewed Peacock, so I can't watch any of this reveal...but was there EVER a logical explanation why Melinda initiated the whole baby stealing?!  I know she supposedly said something about her deceased daughter....?  Help, please.

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What a weird way to do the baby reveal to Nicole. To quote T.S. Eliot 'not with a bang but with a whimper'. Eric's whimper to be specific. Nicole just looked confused. I mean, way to give her some context man. I assume she will get further details Monday but this fell weirdly flat.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

No notes.

I can't help but feel this is Ron's work. He's all cliffhanger and cliches. The dialogue was so non-specific and phoned-in. I feel like Sherri would have had something meaningful said.

Why even do it at the very end of the episode Friday after so much blablabla with Chanel and Johnny? It deserved some time to land.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

was there EVER a logical explanation why Melinda initiated the whole baby stealing?!  I know she supposedly said something about her deceased daughter....?  Help, please.

The mention of Haley was a total afterthought many episodes in. She had a short scene by herself and just sat on a bed in the Salem Inn and said her name or something. It was honestly as if the writers room went "um...shouldn't there be a reason she's breaking the law?" and then they all shrugged and said "...Haley?" and wrote it in as flatly as that.

But no, there was no logical reason either of these successful female lawyers would do something this stupid. They tried to make Sloan seem desperate to hold onto Eric suddenly, and threw in that she can't adopt or conceive for good measure, without really writing it or exploring it.

This was all about forcing the plot instead of letting it grow out of the characters. Its what this show is now.

Why did Marlena get possessed again? Why did Kristen suddenly start impersonating people with rubber masks? Why did Lucas kidnap and hold Sami hostage for months? Why did Claire become a pyromaniac? Why did Abe lose his memory for like, a year?

Because.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

No notes.

I can't help but feel this is Ron's work. He's all cliffhanger and cliches. The dialogue was so non-specific and phoned-in. I feel like Sherri would have had something meaningful said.

Why even do it at the very end of the episode Friday after so much blablabla with Chanel and Johnny? It deserved some time to land.

Ron is back next week I think. This stuff is broken down by the scabs but the words are written by the regular writers 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Oh gosh, poor Eric.   Here he was, finally a father, though he'd already been a Father and then a bio-daddy for a little while and then a step-daddy but finally, FINALLY, all of our dreams came true and Eric got to be an adoptive father.  There was joy throughout the land that finally Eric got what he wanted.  He's still a bio daddy but he doesn't know it and he's also really sad as we can all tell because he has an itty bitty tear down his face, his voice is breaking and he's got his worse poopy pants face on EVER.

I mean, the poor guy has had to get a freakin' JOB, earn a living, as if he's not owed a free ride WHICH HE IS, then he loses a baby he was also owed, who he was going to teach to fetch and sit catch a stick and all that good stuff but now he's got the mopes and all of Salem and the surrounding countryside is going to feel just terrible for him.

Especially cuz he always wanted to be a Dad.  It's a shame he's not satisfied witih being a Dud because that's a goal he achieved, effortlessly, years ago.

I know it's going to be hard, folks, but we'll get through it.  

• Applause 3
  • LOL 13

I  don't know why Eric gets so much hate, but he's one of my favorite characters. It doesn't hurt that he is such a good looking man. I've liked Greg Vaughan since seeing him on Charmed. Getting back to the episode, I felt so bad for him watching his heart break due to losing yet another child. I felt bad for Sloan too. She's gone through a lot herself. Of course what she did was wrong but since Nicole practically did the same thing years ago, I hope they show Sloan some grace. Lastly, I hope we get some screen time with Nicole, Eric and their son before Ari is forced out. It will be a crime if we the fans of Eric & Nicole don't see this on our screen. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I agree with both of you. I hadn't considered that Eric was crying because he found out he was losing yet another child. Another failure of the script, I suppose.

...I know Jessica wasn't Julliard-trained, but after she started to win me over with her natural ability months ago, I figured I could trust her to do something with this reveal. Her dialogue made it sound like she could be bawling and inconsolable. Instead, she seemed to be waiting to connect to the material and failing to. She seriously dropped the ball until the intensity of Greg's energy broke through. You could see it. He was almost trying to feed her energy and get her to live in the moment of the scene.

Eric may indeed be a bit of a dud, but Greg salvaged that weak-ass scene yesterday.

• Like 8
(edited)

I liked how Jessica played it. It made sense to me. Sloan is broken down at this point. I'll miss her. It's a shame they chose to make her nothing but a roadblock in the Nicole/Eric merry-go-round.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2024 at 1:00 PM, brisbydog said:

I am shocked Sloan told the whole truth (minus the paternity). I thought she'd blame a hospital mix up. I felt sad for her today but I hate Eric so I will never care about him and his man pain.  His obviously painted on fake tear that had started trickling before Sloan even told him about Jude made me laugh, probably not what the actor was going for. Today I just stared at his weirdly red face.

Of course he instantly returns the baby the same night. He's such a saint. Sarah's response of bolting with MickeyRachel was far more realistic.

She'd already told him the baby wasn't his before he started crying. That tear certainly didn't look fake to me.

Returning a child you find out isn't yours is not saintly. It's what a decent person would do, especially when the baby's real mother is someone you love. Sarah's reaction was understandable, especially given the psycho that is Rachel's real mother, but it wasn't any more realistic or rational than Eric's reaction.

I don't feel bad for her at all. She's a grown-ass woman. Melinda didn't hold a gun to her head.

21 hours ago, A.J. said:

I  don't know why Eric gets so much hate, but he's one of my favorite characters. It doesn't hurt that he is such a good looking man. I've liked Greg Vaughan since seeing him on Charmed. Getting back to the episode, I felt so bad for him watching his heart break due to losing yet another child. I felt bad for Sloan too. She's gone through a lot herself. Of course what she did was wrong but since Nicole practically did the same thing years ago, I hope they show Sloan some grace. Lastly, I hope we get some screen time with Nicole, Eric and their son before Ari is forced out. It will be a crime if we the fans of Eric & Nicole don't see this on our screen. 

Agreed on everything, but feeling bad for Sloan.  Nobody forced her into this situation. And, for someone weeping about how much she loves Eric, she's deliberately screwing him over to save her skin. Also, I hated his character on Charmed (I was a big Piper/Leo fan), but I started loving him as Lucky on GH. I thought GV was great, and felt so bad for him. I did think the reveal to Nicole was weird and anticlimactic, but the devastation on his face was palpable. The only other good thing I'll say about the scenes was THANK GOD they hired a real baby (and such an ADORABLE one) and the anticlimax wasn't heightened even more by him handing over a barely stuffed blanket.

I will not be joining in on any praise for EJ or his portrayer. I loathe that douche almost much as I loathe Xander. He's such a smug asshole.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/23/2024 at 5:49 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Sloan admitting the truth was.....not very good. She keeps opting for attitude in moments that require raw honesty.

Can someone fill me in…?  So I’m guessing Sloan told Eric (and now Nicole knows as well) the baby is Nicole’s, right?  But Eric, Nicole and EJ (?) don’t know that Eric is the baby’s father?  Do I have it correct? 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Can someone fill me in…?  So I’m guessing Sloan told Eric (and now Nicole knows as well) the baby is Nicole’s, right?  But Eric, Nicole and EJ (?) don’t know that Eric is the baby’s father?  Do I have it correct? 

Somewhat correct. Leo told EJ about the baby switch. When EJ confronted Sloane about it, she admitted that the baby was Nicole and Eric's child. EJ, being the swell guy he is, agrees with Sloane's plan to let her and Eric continue to raise the baby and let Nicole believe her son is dead. The only reason EJ changed his mind was because a drunk Nicole kissed Eric. EJ decided that the only way to keep them apart was to give Nicole her baby back - not because he loved his wife and wanted to ease her suffering - but because he figured she would quit her job to devote all her time to the baby and it would keep her away from Eric. He blackmailed Sloane to keep quiet about the baby's paternity by promising to help her flee the country. 

• Like 7

I've never had kids, but if I did, and someone told me that my child was not mine but in fact someone else's, I would check first before handing my baby over to people he barely knows.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

Yeah, that would make sense, but he knows Nicole and trusts her. Also, Sloan confessed to something pretty deranged and really couldn't be trusted not to harm the baby or Eric or herself. I think Eric's only mistake was not calling the police the minute he left the apartment with Jude to make sure she was watched/arrested. He could have gone to the hospital and told Nicole to meet him there, though. Kayla would surely have helped.

...but who trusts the hospital at this point? LOL

I didn't love the first half of the Jude scenes, but once Holly showed up it got better and reactions seemed more natural. Leaving Ari to stand in a doorway, hold a baby and register all 45 emotions that would naturally overlap during this kind of a revelation was unreasonable. Once they were inside it made more sense. Loved Holly caring about Eric's feelings. Yes, it's a retcon that he didn't abandon her, but I'm willing to overlook it if it means they're close (for however long that lasts).

Dan gave some wonderful subtle looks here and there. EJ sucks, but Dan rules. I seriously hope he submits these episodes and get a nomination next year.

It really felt like the focus of the scenes were on Eric's loss though. Greg did a terrific job there...I'm just doubting that his "OMG I'm the Daddy scenes!" are going to be as happy as these were sad.

What do you guys think? Was Nicole losing her baby better handled than Nicole getting her baby back? Do you think Eric discovering he's the Daddy will be more joyful than this was depressing?

I miss how DOOL used to do tragedy and triumph equally well.

Also, tech question here but in the scene where Nicole says she was "so caught up in her shock" did the quality suddenly go down and the volume as well?

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Loved the wonderful scenes of Nicole getting her baby boy back!  So emotional and Baby Jude is the cutest baby ever!  That baby is starting young in the acting trade...his smiles & cute faces were adorable!  And I loved that Holly too was excited about having a baby brother.   And the Xander/Sarah/Maggie scenes were sweet.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I watched the Xander/Sarah scenes today. Nope, they're still annoyingly schmoopy to me. I just can't enjoy them. And Sarah's makeup was horrible lol.

I skipped some of the Nicole stuff because I just don't care/was bored but the baby really is cute. I didn't find him that entertaining though. He seemed pretty dull. He did give Dan/EJ a really fun look at one point though. Also, Dan is the only actor during these reveal scenes that's really doing anything for me. I did like Jessica's approach too but Ari and Greg are just blah to me most of the time. Dan has been knocking every single thing out of the park.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 5:53 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I watched the Xander/Sarah scenes today. Nope, they're still annoyingly schmoopy to me. I just can't enjoy them. And Sarah's makeup was horrible lol.

Yep.  Still feeling sorry for whatever fans they have, because there's literally nothing to enjoy about them.

Though why isn't Maggie telling them about her plan to expose Konstantin?  I would've thought that they would've been the first two people whom she would've told.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4

This was all so weirdly slow and unemotional given how long this baby thing has been going on for. Eric felt really awkward standing around watching, and I felt like Holly was the only one who realized what he was going through. I have a hard time feeling anything for Nicole, not just because of the obvious Sydney thing, but that she learned nothing when Sarah was pregnant by Eric, hiding the truth for him for the entire pregnancy and supposedly the first year of his child's life then. She would do the same kind of thing in a heartbeat if she were in Sloan's shoes. 

Yay, Harris is back. I hope this return wraps up his character and then he is gone. I don't see the point of Ava either but she alas is going nowhere.

Why can't the black patch dudes let Xander in on the plan? Since they are likely going to be arrested for setting Clyde free they need somebody to protect Maggie who will do so without question.

Sarah is totally going to go behind Xander's back and invite his Mum to the wedding. I hate that she is not listening to him when he says he wants nothing to do with her, but I love that she will bust the Alex lie wide open.

Still love Xarah and hate Ericole. I'm not alone either 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I can't take Nicole seriously wanting to see Sloan arrested, how she committed a crime and deserves to pay.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t want Ericole back together either.

If it makes you feel any better, I doubt we ever really will.

All these years wasted delaying them. Fans will be lucky if we even get two episodes of happy Ericole.

Sad.

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I can't take Nicole seriously wanting to see Sloan arrested, how she committed a crime and deserves to pay.  

She's hypocritical about this, yes, but in fairness, she's in shock about this.  Once the shock wears off, though, somebody should remind her that this is likely her karma for the whole Sydney mess.

• Like 7
52 minutes ago, Artsda said:

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She's hypocritical about this, yes, but in fairness, she's in shock about this.  Once the shock wears off, though, somebody should remind her that this is likely her karma for the whole Sydney mess.

I mean Nicole went to prison for the Sydnapping and lost Sydney forever. She also lost another baby that was stillborn, and she's lost time with Holly multiple times. She's had her karma, and it's not hypocritical to want justice when you're the victim of a crime.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I mean Nicole went to prison for the Sydnapping and lost Sydney forever. She also lost another baby that was stillborn, and she's lost time with Holly multiple times. She's had her karma, and it's not hypocritical to want justice when you're the victim of a crime.

I consider this thing with Jude her true karma, because now the same thing has happened to her.  So yes, Nicole is a hypocrite for wanting Sloan to fry for something that she did herself.  Doesn’t matter what other things happened to her afterwards.  Everything came right back around to her when this mess started.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2

Not only that, but years later, Nicole found out Sarah was pregnant with Eric’s child and kept that secret for the entire pregnancy while boinking Eric, and then for a full year after supposed Mickey’s birth as well, so she had learned nothing. I have no doubts that if she and Sloan were in reverse positions she would have done the same thing this time too 

• Like 3

I totally forgot about Nicole knowing Mickey was Eric's. So yea, she can miss me with her hypocrisy.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I forgot to say that I found it quite rich that Xander can't understand why Maggie has a soft spot for Theresa. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I totally forgot about Nicole knowing Mickey was Eric's. So yea, she can miss me with her hypocrisy.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I forgot to say that I found it quite rich that Xander can't understand why Maggie has a soft spot for Theresa. 

You know I love Xander but I did laugh at that too. On the other hand, Theresa labelled him a rapist and sent him to jail for the one crime he has not done, so he is allowed to dislike her.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was rolling my eyes so hard. if it weren't for Maggie's presence I would have probably skipped those scenes altogether.

22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I didn't love the first half of the Jude scenes, but once Holly showed up it got better and reactions seemed more natural. Leaving Ari to stand in a doorway, hold a baby and register all 45 emotions that would naturally overlap during this kind of a revelation was unreasonable. Once they were inside it made more sense. Loved Holly caring about Eric's feelings. Yes, it's a retcon that he didn't abandon her, but I'm willing to overlook it if it means they're close (for however long that lasts).

Dan gave some wonderful subtle looks here and there. EJ sucks, but Dan rules. I seriously hope he submits these episodes and get a nomination next year.

It really felt like the focus of the scenes were on Eric's loss though. Greg did a terrific job there...I'm just doubting that his "OMG I'm the Daddy scenes!" are going to be as happy as these were sad.

I don't think they've retconned that Eric abandoned Holly. He talked about it when Holly was in a coma. She doesn't hold a grudge against him for it. I loved the hug between them and that she recognized his pain and felt for him.

I thought Dan did give some subtle looks, but other than that, he did nothing in those scenes, so I'm not sure why they would be Emmy-worthy. As much as I want Eric to get his son back as soon as possible, I also want EJ to have time to bond with the baby. I want his pain to be as big as possible when his part in this comes out.

I think the reunion scenes with Eric will be happy. However, it might depend on when they were filmed and if everyone necessary is involved in those scenes.

I thought Nicole did come across as a bit hypocritical when she was raving about how horrible Sloane is & how she deserves to pay. I remember loathing her keeping the Mickey secret from Eric (though I also remember quite a few people acting like Eric had no business being mad at her and that it wasn't her secret to tell.) But, as pointed out, Nicole went to prison for the Sydney lie. Why wouldn't she want Sloane to face the same punishment? Whether or not you want to call it karma, two wrongs don't make a right. Nicole was clearly wronged here, and most people aren't going to shrug their shoulders and go, "Yep, I deserved it," when something this huge happens to them. I'm sure EJ will throw the Sydney lie back in her face when he tries to weasel out of accepting blame for what he's done.

I wanted to focus on Eric's pain in that final scene today, but I thought the song playing was so HORRENDOUS and distracted me. Like I said, I am glad they hired an actual baby (and such a cute one) for Jude, but I did have one chuckle during that last scene with Eric looking at the picture of Jude imagining instead of the new baby, it being a picture of a bunch of blankets with no face.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I thought Nicole did come across as a bit hypocritical when she was raving about how horrible Sloane is & how she deserves to pay. I remember loathing her keeping the Mickey secret from Eric (though I also remember quite a few people acting like Eric had no business being mad at her and that it wasn't her secret to tell.) But, as pointed out, Nicole went to prison for the Sydney lie. Why wouldn't she want Sloane to face the same punishment? Whether or not you want to call it karma, two wrongs don't make a right. Nicole was clearly wronged here, and most people aren't going to shrug their shoulders and go, "Yep, I deserved it," when something this huge happens to them. I'm sure EJ will throw the Sydney lie back in her face when he tries to weasel out of accepting blame for what he's done.

Oh, I'm not looking for her to say that.  I more want something like "Who am I to judge Sloan when I basically did the same thing?" from her.  In the immediate moment, I'm okay with nothing like that for now, but at least when the shock wears off and things die down.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4
32 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Oh, I'm not looking for her to say that.  I more want something like "Who am I to judge Sloan when I basically the same thing?" from her.  In the immediate moment, I'm okay with nothing like that for now, but at least when the shock wears off and things die down.

I think we will probably get something closer to that. Nicole has been more introspective lately. I think she will acknowledge that what she did was wrong, but I think she'll still loathe Sloane and want her punished.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think they've retconned that Eric abandoned Holly. He talked about it when Holly was in a coma. She doesn't hold a grudge against him for it.

I think they said that they'd "kept in touch" and later that Holly and Eric "were always close" but we never saw evidence of that on screen. Even before they SORASed Holly, Eric was in town, with Sarah, living his life, and seemed to never visit with Holly or call her on the phone or buy her gifts or anything. Holly was treated as invisible for a while there and no one mentioned her, so it's weird to turn around and say "they've always been close" without earning it. When Eric married Nicole, yes, they were close. He saved her from Xander (twice) and she was at the wedding, and he was excited to be her father...but once he took off for Africa, that connection wasn't developed. Only recently are they claiming he was always there for her, but to me, it look like he bailed.

It's a personal beef of mine, I admit. I was excited to see Eric as a Dad...and he was! But they completely ignored it. And then randomly started saying he was absolutely desperate to be a father...well if he was one already to Holly, then what's the issue?

Annoying writing.

I loved the hug between them and that she recognized his pain and felt for him.

I loved that moment too. It really got me choked up.

Sorry boes. I know what his tears do to you ;)

I think the reunion scenes with Eric will be happy. However, it might depend on when they were filmed and if everyone necessary is involved in those scenes.

Yeah. I kinda wish we'd gotten the truth coming out during the Christening, so there would have been weeks for the aftermath...enough time for everyone to process it and for Ericole to be a couple again. Now we have...days. Just a handful left for so many loose ends.

I wanted to focus on Eric's pain in that final scene today, but I thought the song playing was so HORRENDOUS and distracted me.

Sometimes they compose new music for scenes, and sometimes they just pull something from the library and it totally doesn't work and kills the tension. I definitely had to ignore the music during the scene where Eric packed up Jude's stuff and left Sloan behind and just focus on Greg's acting because the tune was not working for me.

I am glad they hired an actual baby (and such a cute one) for Jude, but I did have one chuckle during that last scene with Eric looking at the picture of Jude imagining instead of the new baby, it being a picture of a bunch of blankets with no face.

HAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious.

I also couldn't get over how they would randomly insert baby noises for some scenes where Jude is supposed to be happy, but then during Eric and Sloan's loud massive fight with all this tension, the baby is completely quiet. Seriously? I think he'd be screaming and upset.

I also noticed the real baby started to squirm when Nicole held him and make noise, even though they'd established that the blanket baby got real calm and quiet when his real mama held him, LOL.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sorry boes. I know what his tears do to you ;)

That's very kind of you to say, DisneyBoy.  I'm trying to return the favor by not saying anything negative while Eric suffers.  I suspect the Rolaids that help me will not be enough to quell his discomfort.

I first saw GV when I was trying (unsuccessfully) to watch General Hospital, where he was playing Lucky Spencer and the first scenes I saw had him crying oh-so-manly tears and I had, let's just say, a negative reaction.  

Nothing's changed.

But I most sincerely hope his fans are enjoying him.  I'm sure he'd be even better with a light Béarnaise sauce.

Now I'm hungry......

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

I'm sorry, but I enjoy bitchy Alex so much. And Alex/Maggie scenes are always an absolute delight.

I also really enjoyed the Bonnie/Theresa scenes. Bonnie was pitch perfect there. If only everyone else in Salem could have that attitude about people doing the same shit they themselves have done lol.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Nice to see Bonnie again...weird tho, she made it sound like she was just hanging around the house and getting annoyed with the Horton guests.  And I think Judi Evans(Bonnie) had work done on her face, she looked different and her eyes looked tight.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's easy to forget because that lie was for nothing since Mickey died and was really Rachel. Probably unpopular but they should have kept Rachel as Mickey. They could've gotten years of drama out of Xander/Sarah/Eric/Nicole because of it. Also I don't want to see Kristen rewarded for raping Brady either.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

And let's not forget Nicole talking Jada into aborting Eric's child. All her yapping today about how much he wants to be a dad and she has conveniently forgotten that.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, boes said:

I first saw GV when I was trying (unsuccessfully) to watch General Hospital, where he was playing Lucky Spencer and the first scenes I saw had him crying oh-so-manly tears and I had, let's just say, a negative reaction.  

Nothing's changed.

Ahhhh! Now I fully understand. Once a bad impression is made, it sticks. Sorry my friend. You've been suffering therefore for YEARS watching Greg on DOOL.

It is a shame his Eric is destined to be remembered for his tears more than anything else.

Honestly, during all the priesthood drama, with him praying to beg God to remove all his tempting thoughts of Nicole, I was fed up too.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sorry, but I enjoy bitchy Alex so much. And Alex/Maggie scenes are always an absolute delight.

By all means, you can have them!

I also really enjoyed the Bonnie/Theresa scenes. Bonnie was pitch perfect there. If only everyone else in Salem could have that attitude about people doing the same shit they themselves have done lol.

Loved seeing Judi, and was...unsure of Bonnie's message there. She gets points for not being a hypocrite, sure, but isn't this a first? I don't remember her ever stating she wanted Justin's money. That was what was assumed, IIRC, but I thought she always said she loved him for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think we will probably get something closer to that. Nicole has been more introspective lately. I think she will acknowledge that what she did was wrong, but I think she'll still loathe Sloane and want her punished.

Oh, absolutely.  Loathing Sloan, she'll have every right to do.  Judging Sloan, not so much.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Loved seeing Judi, and was...unsure of Bonnie's message there. She gets points for not being a hypocrite, sure, but isn't this a first? I don't remember her ever stating she wanted Justin's money. That was what was assumed, IIRC, but I thought she always said she loved him for him.

Wasn't she talking about Victor?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Wasn't she talking about Victor?

Yes, she did, you're right...but then she transitioned (I thought) into talking about Justin and I was confused if she meant him too.

I also had to remind myself....didn't Bonnie scheme viciously against Maggie in order to marry Mickey?

• Like 3
22 hours ago, brisbydog said:

And let's not forget Nicole talking Jada into aborting Eric's child. All her yapping today about how much he wants to be a dad and she has conveniently forgotten that.

Nicole may have talked to Jada about it but Jada still made that choice(although I don't get why they made her pregnant to begin with but I digress). 

That being said this just reminds me of how flimsy this story was to begin with because Eric never had this burning desire to be a father(despite what the show insists on telling me). I mean he became a priest that alone should've been a red flag about his desire for fatherhood. 

Nicole wanting to be a mother? We saw that.

Even Rafe wanting to be a dad was more believable? But Eric? Not so much 

If anything I'm surprised he's not more jaded/turned off by parenthood given not only his childhood with his parents but how Sarah, Jada, Sloan, and to a lesser extent Nicole have played God with his life over whether he should be a father or not. 

However for some reason soaps don't want to write characters that might actually not want to be a parent and it makes sense for them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole may have talked to Jada about it but Jada still made that choice(although I don't get why they made her pregnant to begin with but I digress). 

You and me both. Maybe they were thinking of pitting them against each other? Have them fighting over Eric?

That being said this just reminds me of how flimsy this story was to begin with because Eric never had this burning desire to be a father(despite what the show insists on telling me). I mean he became a priest that alone should've been a red flag about his desire for fatherhood.

Ding ding ding! 😄 

And the Sloan side of things makes even less sense because A) she's young and healthy and then suddenly can't conceive at all because its convenient, B) is a gorgeous blonde model who in real life bagged a billionaire and could easily snag any number of Salem men and therefore shouldn't be desperate for Fadda Eric (tm boes) and C) is a freaking lawyer who would know how bonkers childnapping is and would never do it...OR know exactly how best to do it to avoid ever being found out, especially considering her BFF was DA at the time.

The whole thing is a gigantic HUH? and lazy AF.

If anything I'm surprised he's not more jaded/turned off by parenthood given not only his childhood with his parents but how Sarah, Jada, Sloan, and to a lesser extent Nicole have played God with his life over whether he should be a father or not. 

👏👏👏👏 Such a good point. You're on fire tonight!

And for today's episode, I really loved seeing Jarlena act like loving parents and take care of Eric the way family should. They've been given time to do that kinda stuff more and more these last few months and I'll be watching to see if that ceases the moment we get back to Ron's work.

I was particularly waiting to see if John's history would be referenced....and there it was. Him giving up an entire family to Roman back in the day was hugely relevant. Drake played it perfectly. Nice!

I hope we get Marlena/Nicole scenes too, since she helped her a bit through her grief.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 3