Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Why does Xander keep enough ready cash on hand to pay off random hitmen?

Because it's Salem and more than half the population has dabbled in criminal deeds for the hell of it? 😋

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
12 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Although I don't have a lot of sympathy for Gwen, I found Leo's reasons for betraying his "best friend" really lame.  Are we supposed to root for him and Dmitri  as a couple?  I don't find Leo a sympathetic character or his actions defensible.  

I used to like Leo but this story really soured me on him. I don't care for Dmitri either.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I think he was actually just lying to the guy.

Not my Xander! I did like his being completely over the whole thing, and attempting to bond with the dude at how often he'd been in the same situation holding a gun on someone for money. We've all been there man!

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Not sure if this is unpopular or not but they should have never got rid of megan.she made way more sense in the Dimitri story than Kristen ever did.

I'm glad Megan is gone because I know if she stuck around that I would regret wanting her to stick around.

• Like 2

The OTT scripts and performance had become such a turnoff, I was relieved for the actress that she didn't stay. Megan was a Super Friends villain from the minute she was brought back.

I really hope they throw Alex and "Theresa" together so I don't have to watch any of their plotline at all. I'm really turned off by this. Lilley was fired in retaliation for not making herself completely available to TIIC. A very low blow.

Emily no offense, should have left years ago.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
On 10/6/2023 at 8:18 PM, sas616 said:

If they wanted the actress to take on a different character (and I hate the idea), the least they could do is put a decent wig on her head.   

I am having flashbacks to the hideous wig they made Chloe wear during her cancer storyline, and the speculation that wardrobe must have hated Nadia. 

And this was back when the show had an actual budget!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I've given her two scenes. I reserved judgement. I've been fair.

I hate it.

I hated it with the 1st scene on Friday.   Today's episode just confirmed it.   That wasn't Theresa that got off the plane with Brady and Tate.   What we got was Gwen in a horrific blonde wig.    I like the actor playingTate, BTW.   Even though it appears he's going to be a grown up Rachel.

• Like 4

I think Tate is cute, the actor seems decent in his inter-actions with his family.  I can NOT get used to seeing Emily(Gwen) as Theresa in a very bad, blonde wig...its just dis-orienting.  I did get a kick out of Bonnie saying she needed a Family Tree to figure out how everyone was related.  And I thought the scene with Maggie talking to Justin & reminding him of the story of Mickey/Mike was very emotional.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I can NOT get used to seeing Emily(Gwen) as Theresa in a very bad, blonde wig...its just dis-orienting.

Da hell?!  First they have Ben become Alex, and now this?!!?  Why is the show jamming in the same actor in different roles so soon after exiting the first role. Yeah, they did it with Josh who was Chris Kotchicek (spelling?) who is now Roman but at least those roles came decades apart.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I already like EOB as Gwen. Now, I did fast forward her scenes with Alex lol.

They're already foreshadowing Theresa having messed with Victor's papers. Hoepfully that means this story is quick.

The Tate actor is actually quite natural already. He was good. I wonder what they have planned for him?

• Like 2

Expelled from boarding school with a chip on his shoulder. I see they recycled the JJ storyline(and lesser extent Brady). At least they told us right away why it happened with JJ they kept it a bit of a mystery for a while(and I think that was actually a good idea). 

I wonder if Tate will bang his GF's mom in a few months?

I rather see Brady deal with his kids than his love life(although they're intertwined.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I thought EOB was pretty good as Gwen on Friday, and then Monday she gives a completely lifeless performance as Theresa.  It's like she knows this whole thing is cringe and is dying inside.  Maybe she'll perk up as the storyline goes on.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Tate is good, Theresa switch is not. She's Gwen in leopard print and a bad wig.  They should have gotten someone anyone else. They hired Tate, they couldn't hire a new Theresa? (But this all for a TPTB pet to stick around) 

Brady is going to bring up twice your age women? 

Chad never should have moved in with Stephanie and brought her into the children lives when now he's saying "Abby's been only gone 16 months." She wasn't even gone a year before he was after Stephanie. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
49 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Why is Maggie acting like bill and Laura had an affair and not that bill raped her which was the product of mike.

To be fair, even GH went full revisionist history for a while with Luke and Laura, reclassifying that mess as a "seduction".

But TIIC must have gotten pushback since it went back to rape not long after.

I liked Kate having received flowers from Chad as a gesture to celebrate the birth of a grandchild. Their bond has always felt natural and we don't see enough of her in his life these days.

It was also nice to see her push for him to move past Abifail since she never liked her, and even rooted for him and Gabi over him and her, IIRC.

We're so overrun with pet characters, I've forgotten about the torment of the Abigail years. They seem quaint by comparison.

Bonnie/Judi looked beautiful today in that pink jacket and blouse. Nice hair too. And Maggie's top was interesting too with that...brooch was it? With a black tassel on the bottom of it? Is that was that was?

Hearing Brady imply Tate was trying to bed grown women was weird as hell. Tate does not seem like a hustler in the least. I'm kinda sick of them reusing that same profile on young characters. Some people really don't have tons of sex at 16 or get thrown out of boarding school.

I know they are tropes of the genre, but it gets so lame always seeing kids disappear to boarding school and then pop back up as sexually developed young adults who got kicked out....as well as seeing characters who know marriage means practically nothing based on their own experiences preach about it like it's some sacred instant solution to life's problems.

Kate seems to me like someone who wouldn't care at all about marriage. Sami too.

I don't feel anything for NewTate yet but I'm hopeful that he abhors Kristen. If he's cordial with her in any way, I'm calling bullshit. It should drive him nuts that Kristen got away with everything she did and stayed in Brady's life.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

The Tate actor is really good. The Holly actor...not really sure yet, but I do like that she isn't positioned as a "goody two shoes" type. Whether or not she can pull off the bad girl role remains to be seen.

A kid who went to boarding school in California being surprised at a joint. Huh? LOL

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The Tate actor is really good. The Holly actor...not really sure yet, but I do like that she isn't positioned as a "goody two shoes" type. Whether or not she can pull off the bad girl role remains to be seen.

A kid who went to boarding school in California being surprised at a joint. Huh? LOL

Especially given his parents history with drugs...

• Like 1

So Alex is Victor's son, Teresa'a lie is that she read the letter not doctoring the letter?

Holly does pot, but the California boarding school kid is acting like it's hard to get?

Tate trying to kiss her so fast was silly.

Johnny and Chanel I like.  Finally stable for both. 

Good for Chad for offering to help Alex and comparing it to learning about Stefano. 

Eww Holly wants Johnny. They live in same house. She's 16?

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So Alex is Victor's son, Teresa'a lie is that she read the letter not doctoring the letter?

And Theresa is trustworthy? Nah.

Not buying it. Pretty sure she did do some creative work as far as the letter went.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
55 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And Theresa is trustworthy? Nah.

Not buying it. Pretty sure she did do some creative work as far as the letter went.

She's not the flashback would be. Based on the updated flashback, she was reading it, found out Alex is the heir then scrambled to put letter back in breifcase before Alex and Brady came in. 

And she's trying to act like him being Victor's son is brand new info to her she didn't know prior. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Did show change Nicole's makeup today?  I don't know if they are going for an "older" look (since Holly is a teenager), but IMO there was definitely something different about her look.  Am I the only who noticed?

I think she may have finally succumbed to the Days' actors use of fillers.  It looks like they've settled a bit since her first appearance after she had them.   

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

She's not the flashback would be. Based on the updated flashback, she was reading it, found out Alex is the heir then scrambled to put letter back in breifcase before Alex and Brady came in. 

And she's trying to act like him being Victor's son is brand new info to her she didn't know prior. 

But then what is the story? Alex breaks up with her cause she's a gold digger? Who cares? She totally doctored page 3 of that letter. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Is there a reason Brady can't be bothered to be concerned about his daughter that is living in a house that just had a shooting.

Maybe he can't stand Rachel anymore than we can??

• LOL 11
On 10/10/2023 at 3:22 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Tate is...okay. Sadly he looks super generic. Not at all like anyone in his immediate family. And his half-untucked shirt is stupid.

Guys, I'm so disappointed he's a horndog type and she's a cross between First Day Druggie Theresa and Lovesick Ciara (remember her bizarre crush on Chad?)

Are there no other viable character types for two new teen additions?

To make things worse, she looks like a Claire or Allie recast. She just feels like a  character mashup. Nothing too distinct.

The Ben/Gwen Recast scenes are absolute hell. And Paulina too! Shoot me now.

How long exactly is Abe going to be an amnesiac?

I'm starting to think just can't bear to remember the good ol days of Days.

(If Holly is 16, how old are Thomas and his sister then?)

2 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe he can't stand Rachel anymore than we can??

Or maybe Rachel is in her 30s now and able to take care of herself.

Or hell, maybe she's Stefano! Or possessed!

Why not?

🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Theresa being a gold digger is so annoying since the Donovan's are supposed to be rich.

It would've made more sense if Shane cut her off because of Theresa not taking life seriously and her drug use. She wants to maintain that high life so she latches onto any rich man she can find.

• Like 2

I'm honestly kind of impressed at how the show referenced the Clueless relationship, which is kind of ick if you really think about it, but damn it, I get why Holly latched onto that fantasy. 

I do echo Disney Boy that the Holly actress would have been a good Claire or Allie recast. Is the actress old enough that she could have been cast for Allie back in 2019? I think she probably could have done a better job with the "Allie party girl persona" that Lindsay Arnold just couldn't sell. 

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Tate is...okay. Sadly he looks super generic. Not at all like anyone in his immediate family. And his half-untucked shirt is stupid.

True, but we can't all get Nicholas Alexander Chavez as the youth scene lead.

I'm going to admit that the bar has been pretty low with young male leads so I'm grading Tate on a curve. lol

• Like 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Guys, I'm so disappointed he's a horndog type and she's a cross between First Day Druggie Theresa and Lovesick Ciara (remember her bizarre crush on Chad?)

Maybe it's my own bias, but I don't think they're trying to show Holly as a druggie.  I think most teens at least try alcohol and pot - it seemed like it was sort of casual - not like she's really that in to it.  I'm really hoping the whole "In love with Johnny" thing is supposed to show that she's some naive teenager and this is the obligatory angst between her and Tate since they are obviously going to put them together.  Especially since her crush on Johnny is going absolutely nowhere.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Especially since her crush on Johnny is going absolutely nowhere.

Since it looks like we're going to borrow from Clueless, I think the idea is that like Cher, Holly thinks she's really knowledgeable about love, but in actuality, she's pretty...clueless. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'll be fine with Holly, regardless of her Ciara-like crush on Johnnie, if she eviserates Eric for not being good enough to be his daughter.  Cuz, as we all know, Eric has always wanted to be a father.  Except, apparently, to Holly.

At least, that's the way she, most emphatically, should see it.  I'm hoping against common sense that perhaps Show can give us a storyline with some depth and history instead of something stupid and predictable, something that might flesh some characters out enough for us to care about them as more than just cartoon cutouts.

Oh, also, can someone depants Rafe or at least give him a nuclear wedgie?  He treats his exes, no matter who, like shit all of the time, but it's particularly egregious with Ava.  HE'S the one who pursued her, moved her into his house and then cheated on her with her best friend.  Also, I can't forget what a pissy biotch he became with Kate when he dumped her for Jordan.  

His choice of partners may not be the best but that's not excuse for what an utter ass he always is when he's no longer getting way.  Jada Beware.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, boes said:

I'll be fine with Holly, regardless of her Ciara-like crush on Johnnie, if she eviserates Eric for not being good enough to be his daughter.  Cuz, as we all know, Eric has always wanted to be a father.  Except, apparently, to Holly.

At least, that's the way she, most emphatically, should see it.  I'm hoping against common sense that perhaps Show can give us a storyline with some depth and history instead of something stupid and predictable, something that might flesh some characters out enough for us to care about them as more than just cartoon cutouts.

Oh, also, can someone depants Rafe or at least give him a nuclear wedgie?  He treats his exes, no matter who, like shit all of the time, but it's particularly egregious with Ava.  HE'S the one who pursued her, moved her into his house and then cheated on her with her best friend.  Also, I can't forget what a pissy biotch he became with Kate when he dumped her for Jordan.  

His choice of partners may not be the best but that's not excuse for what an utter ass he always is when he's no longer getting way.  Jada Beware.

Well, you have to admit he's a little justified with Ava.  After all, she DID destroy his teddy bear.  You can forgive a lot but a Teddy Bear?

• LOL 7

I admit to getting teary-eyed & emotional in the scenes between Shawn & Belle, and the scenes with Chloe & Brady.  All the actors involved were good & seemed emotional, esp. Martha Madison(Belle).  Maybe it's because I am getting older & I remember when these characters were Teens & I enjoyed them so much, back in the day.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1