Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Me too. She seems to accept him as he is. That and their chemistry is why I like them together.

I mean given their history there is no way they should be together. But neither should Brady ever given Kristen the time of day after he stole Theresa's embryo. Or Chloe dated Xander after he left her in the Mexican drug den. Etc.

Paul Telfer said in his interview this week it is amazing how forgiving the people of Salem are to get over things like shooting your mum in the head, trying to cook you alive, or locking you in a cage. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I loved Wendy and Talia at first. They really veered with them though, for the worse. Talia and Shawn intrigues me though. It seems like they're just gonna drop it though. I'd like to see it be ongoing. I love an affair lol.

I like Tripp but all they ever give him to do is be in a love triangle. I guess they think because he finally won this time it's different lol. He and Wendy are dull together though. 

I liked Ava before but I fast forward most of her scenes now because I couldn't care less about Harris or their relationship.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Is anyone here a fan of Wendy, Tripp, Talia, Harris, or Ava? I don’t know why the show is forcing these characters on us. I find them boring and/or annoying.

Nope. It's been filler all week. I want to get back to Sarah and the baby and whatever Vivian is up to.

• Like 5

It's becoming clear that they give us 3 episodes with lower pay level characters in order to give us one or two with the most expensive ones. Sometimes they mix it up...but then sometimes we get blocks with the more pricey actors followed by long stretches of the less paid ones. Often this means newer young characters who haven't found their footing in the narrative suddenly dominate the show.

Just guessing. And definitely not judging actors based on their pay grade. Because we ALL know there are some folks who shouldn't be on contract but are. 👀

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

I enjoyed the scenes between EJ & Wendy today...Wendy reminded me of original Wendy, who was sassy & interesting.  EJ was menacing as befits a DiMeara.  Nicole looked so pretty in her black dress & black boots.   I am not a fan of Brandon Beemer's acting: Shawn should have been much more emotional today.  I did like Belle & Shawn's talk.  

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Same! Didn't watch the whole episode but Wendy was suddenly the no-nonsense computer tech again.

I had to roll my eyes when she admonished E J for referring to "manhandling" when it should be "womanhandling."  Wendy, you are not a woman.  You are a silly shallow little girl.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's becoming clear that they give us 3 episodes with lower pay level characters in order to give us one or two with the most expensive ones. Sometimes they mix it up...but then sometimes we get blocks with the more pricey actors followed by long stretches of the less paid ones. Often this means newer young characters who haven't found their footing in the narrative suddenly dominate the show.

Just guessing. And definitely not judging actors based on their pay grade. Because we ALL know there are some folks who shouldn't be on contract but are. 👀

This makes sense tbh but I would think they could have had these actors be characters we've known for years instead of retcons.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What happened to Benalex's aversion to casual hookups? Forgotten since Doc Marlena is out of sight out of mind?

The same creature that played hide the salami with Gwen? Last I recall, that was a fuck-buddy special...

• LOL 2

Finally we get a Vivian and John scene. John often doesn't approve of her antics, but I appreciate that he always cared about his Aunt Vivian. Makes me miss the sweet Aunt/Nephew relationship they had in the 90's. More of that please!!!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2023 at 9:18 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I enjoyed the scenes between EJ & Wendy today...Wendy reminded me of original Wendy, who was sassy & interesting.  EJ was menacing as befits a DiMeara.

I was really happy with those scenes. Wendy finally felt like the girl that I liked when she first showed up.

Tamara Braun is carrying her scenes with Harris/Steve Burton, and quite well.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

It's too bad I loathe Ava utterly because yeah...they do gel.

Lots of fun Viv stuff today....but I really don't buy that she wants to sell drugs. Like...what?

Viv spent years as a socialite and board member of Titan. Days? Remember your own history please! She knows plenty of less risky ways to make money. That was just stupid as hell writing and I don't buy it. You're just trying to tell us she's evil in the most blunt way possible. Thanks. We get it. 🙄

Also, did she really figure John would suddenly be cool with that kind of business plan? Seriously? Stupid writing.

Love seeing Julie support Maggie.

Really enjoyed the Chad and Stephanie scenes for once.

Theresa is just....acting like Gwen did when she was chasing Jake.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Bravo Maggie for refusing to endorse a fake wedding thrown together to enforce a lie. 

Rex used to be a genius right? So he not only tells the loaded baby secret to somebody with a vested interest in breaking up Xander and Chloe, but he does so in public?

Vivien: YOU ARE MY FIRST AND ONLY CHOICE!! lol lol

Tate is going to be the teen nightmare Brady deserves

Benalex is gross. Hope Theresa goes SWF on him

Forgot: Very thoughtful of Xander to think of Chloe's family for the wedding. Scores points there 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

Talia gave Shaun some  of her sex biscuits.  
Trip Rafe is outsmarting you.    Time to call your lawyer.  
mr. Sheffield. It was nice to see you.  Teresa went from hating that briefcase to caress it with evil thoughts.  
Leo your a terrible friend and you might just realize Dimitri isn’t someone you should mess with. 
looking forward to Gwen’s revenge. 

• Like 2

Again, I was hoping for something more dignified for Tate than being a hellraiser. But he and Theresa both get to be "exciting!" to pump up Brady's storyline and make him the victim.

Didn't we already see this with Allie? Lucas ran to Europe to help her while she was still an invisible girl, right?

Why isn't Parker the one getting into trouble? His mother is about to get married and he isn't even invited or being consulted regarding having Xander as a stepdad. Poor guy.

As for today, the best part was Maggie having a backbone regarding the wedding. The rest was a bunch of women needing men to fix things for them and give them support. Anyone else notice that?

Apparently behind the scenes there were some big changes and we're starting to see them now all at once. Gwen abruptly learns the truth about Dimitri the same week as Chloe abruptly learns the truth about Rex. Coincidence? I think not.

Theresa has been defiled. She will forevermore reek of Axe body spray. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why isn't Parker the one getting into trouble? His mother is about to get married and he isn't even invited or being consulted regarding having Xander as a stepdad. Poor guy.

I like to think Parker cares about Chloe as much as she cares about him, which is zilch lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Again, I was hoping for something more dignified for Tate than being a hellraiser. But he and Theresa both get to be "exciting!" to pump up Brady's storyline and make him the victim.

Didn't we already see this with Allie? Lucas ran to Europe to help her while she was still an invisible girl, right?

As for today, the best part was Maggie having a backbone regarding the wedding. The rest was a bunch of women needing men to fix things for them and give them support. Anyone else notice that?

Apparently behind the scenes there were some big changes and we're starting to see them now all at once. Gwen abruptly learns the truth about Dimitri the same week as Chloe abruptly learns the truth about Rex. Coincidence? I think not.

Theresa has been defiled. She will forevermore reek of Axe body spray. 

I think Tate, Holly, and Parker all have a legit case of being dysfunctional so I'm not sure what makes you think Tate should be more "dignified" I mean his conception was strange. Then the woman who birthed him raped his father(even though the show wants us to ignore that) and produced his sister(who shouldn't exist to begin with but I digress). This isn't even factoring how his grandfather has ever changing paternity and his step grandmother is possessed by the devil on occasion. I honestly rather see Brady in a story not involving his love life for a change. I think he's better in family scenes.

That being said of the three I think Parker would be far more interesting as a screwup on this show. His mother treats him as an afterthought, his father died and the only stable parents he did have get divorced because his grandfather comes out of the closet. A good soap writer could get tons of material here. 

We don't have that though so..

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That being said of the three I think Parker would be far more interesting as a screwup on this show. His mother treats him as an afterthought, his father died and the only stable parents he did have get divorced because his grandfather comes out of the closet. A good soap writer could get tons of material here. 

I've always wanted a Parker/Sydney pairing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Tate, Holly, and Parker all have a legit case of being dysfunctional so I'm not sure what makes you think Tate should be more "dignified" I mean his conception was strange. Then the woman who birthed him raped his father(even though the show wants us to ignore that) and produced his sister(who shouldn't exist to begin with but I digress). This isn't even factoring how his grandfather has ever changing paternity and his step grandmother is possessed by the devil on occasion. I honestly rather see Brady in a story not involving his love life for a change. I think he's better in family scenes.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just thought the plus side of living in LA with Kim, Shane and Theresa was Tate being far away from Brady, the most dangerous influence in his life.

But apparently I was wrong and Brady is the normal one and its everyone else who is crazy.

...that about right, writers?

🙄

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I've always wanted a Parker/Sydney pairing. 

I had to remember if they were related or not and it turns out they aren't so it could work. I am wondering if Sydney will return. This show can't resist another Dimera..

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just thought the plus side of living in LA with Kim, Shane and Theresa was Tate being far away from Brady, the most dangerous influence in his life.

But apparently I was wrong and Brady is the normal one and its everyone else who is crazy.

...that about right, writers?

🙄

Not really sure why Brady isn't normal by soap standards? I mean he's the typical soap character the only really insane thing other than being involved with Kristen was lock Vivian up in the sarcophagus. 

Not like Theresa's side is anything to brag about with Kim being mentally ill herself(and I love her BTW but still).

• Like 6
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like to think Parker cares about Chloe as much as she cares about him, which is zilch lol.

Honestly? Before Ron ruined Craig for the likes of Leo [not because Craig was gay in itself, I want to reiterate this! Still, all the same, prior history had him over the moon for Nancy, so it did all feel like a device - again, for Leo!], I was sort of shocked TIIC never had Nancy/Craig adopt Parker.

The hacks could have said Chloe allowed that with her blessing, since Parker had stability, blah, blah, blah.

Even in the world of half-assed soap parenting, Chloe is a terrible mother. LOL!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Chloe is a terrible mother but an excellent girlfriend. No hesitation, just told Xander the truth he deserved to hear regardless of knowing she was probably tanking their relationship

Boy that will was ambiguous eh? Almost like Alex is not really Victor's secret son. Convenient that the name of said son and Angelica's name were also on a final, separate page of a letter, almost like somebody might have swapped it out....:)

Rex deserves everything he is about to get, from Xander's wrath to Chloe probably hooking back up with Phillip in the aftermath and making him available to Sarah again.  Interestingly I think she is still in love with Xander but he has mostly moved on. I like that dynamic for once for them. 

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

This Philip is such a weird, twitchy creep, he makes my skin crawl.  I don't know if they mean for him to come across as a weirdo, but that's what he is.

Strangely I prefer him to the original.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

This Philip is such a weird, twitchy creep, he makes my skin crawl.  I don't know if they mean for him to come across as a weirdo, but that's what he is.

Yep.  JPL is a one trick pony, and he rode that horse to death playing pretty much the exact same schtick as Rex Balsom on One Live to Live.  He stunk there and he stinks here.

He also looks like he needs a good, long power wash.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Poor Vivian nobody wants to work for her although weird she hasn't asked stefan.

I KNOW! All last week, I kept thinking "um....ask YOUR SON. Then you'll control both DiMera AND Titan!"

...apparently I'm too logical to exist in Salem.

• LOL 10
6 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

I don't remember Xander's history.  Did someone significant raise him as a son?  I'm still holding out hope that Teresa changed names on the letter.

His mother sort of raised him. His father Titus Kiriakis married her and moved to Scotland. He died when Xander was pretty young and his mother became an alcoholic. Xander pretty much raised himself at that point. At some juncture he was allowed to vacation chez Kiriakis with Brady and Daniel.

Of course Theresa altered the letter. She hates Xander and was already plotting to use Alex as her next money making scheme.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

If Theresa change the letter wouldn't they noticed. Unless she wrote a full new letter and stuck the real one in her purse. The scene was showing her purse on the bed.

Go get your baby Xander.  Sarah saying he'd be a good dad while hiding his child was appalling. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

If Theresa change the letter wouldn't they noticed. Unless she wrote a full new letter and stuck the real one in her purse. The scene was showing her purse on the bed.

Go get your baby Xander.  Sarah saying he'd be a good dad while hiding his child was appalling. 

She just needed to change that third page or alter it slightly. Smear some of her take out food on it age it up. Maybe Xander's mum is Angela so easy to doctor that too.

Sarah is an awful person for this. Chloe is so much better for him. He spent the last 6 months just having fun and making good choices because he could relax and not have to live up to what he thinks he needs to be for her

• Like 6
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah is an awful person for this. Chloe is so much better for him. He spent the last 6 months just having fun and making good choices because he could relax and not have to live up to what he thinks he needs to be for her

I disagree.

Let us remember, Xander happily did the same thing, raising Eric's baby with Sarah.

Does it suck he lost out on knowing about his baby during the pregnancy? Sure. But Xander is no innocent. One might say it's a sort of karma.

And hiding paternity is like jaywalking in soaps. I'll hate Sarah when she openly tries to kill people. Maybe not even then, since that is now a hangnail offense, thanks to folks like Kristen!

And really, Sarah never asked Xander to be perfect. She was actually pretty understanding of him until he tried to gaslight her when she picked up on his deal with Susan. Sarah didn't push Xander into that. She never thought Xander wasn't good enough. Those issues were all on Xander. It was his insecurities in "living up to" what he thought Sarah needed.

And really? Xander pursued Sarah from the get go. He knew what she was all about. And he wanted her, anyway. It is not Sarah's issue that Xander put her on some pedestal and ascribed thoughts and motives to her that were borne out of his own feelings of inferiority.

(Wow! Long winded! LOL! But that's my take.)

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
44 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Xander deserves to know that he is the father. I’m glad Chloe told him the truth.

Never said he didn't. But he did participate in the last baby saga, so he's no innocent lamb, is all. No one in Salem can claim that particular designation.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

I love Xander, and have, since his first appearance.  I remember liking the guy before he became Xander, when he was a day player portraying one of Victor's thugs.  

But I don't blame Sarah one little bit for hiding the paternity of her child from him, no matter how much I like him.  The guy has done some horrific things and not all that long ago.  Sarah not telling him he's her baby's father doesn't even rate a mention compared to him.

But, I like him and I like Sarah, and I hope they end up together.  And I hope he's stopped being a murderous, sadistic thug and settles into being one of Salem's ambiguously bad kingpins.  They're a dime a dozen.

Show has made it impossible to either root for or wholeheartedly condemn virtually anybody, with the crap they have people do and then get handwaved away.

So we like who we like and indignantly despise those we don't.

Now, have I mentioned Julie lately???  That woman works my LAST nerves......

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was trying to think when I just got fed up with Sarah being with Xander. It was not her quite rightfully leaving him post clown reveal, but was the day after their wedding when she badgered him to give her the deets on everybody he'd slept with while she was on Kristen Island. He then was completely honest about Nicole and tanking her marriage for money. So Sarah runs over to apologize to Eric and Nicole and demand a divorce. So what did she teach Xander? Tell the truth and you still get in trouble. His thing with Chloe has been so good because she never judged him and he didn't have her on a pedestal. I just hope now he knows Sarah is a liar too they can have a more equal relationship. I did love them once but like Ericole I feel they are played out.

• Like 7

Oh come on Justin. Do you not remember the circumstances of Alex's birth? You were not attached to the baby because you didn't know he was yours for months. Nothing in that letter matches what happened at the time. And leaping right to telling Alex without proof is ludicrous even for this show

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oh come on Justin. Do you not remember the circumstances of Alex's birth? You were not attached to the baby because you didn't know he was yours for months. Nothing in that letter matches what happened at the time. And leaping right to telling Alex without proof is ludicrous even for this show

Just yesterday, he was saying "oh wait....wasn't I the one who performed your wedding, Maggie?" as if any reasonable person could forget that.

This writing is just insulting. Even fictional people cannot be this dumb.

All that would be needed to resolve this is a simple DNA test. They'd see in a few hours that Alex is still related to Justin.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
14 hours ago, boes said:

I love Xander, and have, since his first appearance.  I remember liking the guy before he became Xander, when he was a day player portraying one of Victor's thugs.  

But I don't blame Sarah one little bit for hiding the paternity of her child from him, no matter how much I like him.  The guy has done some horrific things and not all that long ago.  Sarah not telling him he's her baby's father doesn't even rate a mention compared to him.

But, I like him and I like Sarah, and I hope they end up together.  And I hope he's stopped being a murderous, sadistic thug and settles into being one of Salem's ambiguously bad kingpins.  They're a dime a dozen.

Show has made it impossible to either root for or wholeheartedly condemn virtually anybody, with the crap they have people do and then get handwaved away.

So we like who we like and indignantly despise those we don't.

Now, have I mentioned Julie lately???  That woman works my LAST nerves......

Absolutely, apart from Kayla who hasn't committed a crime or two? And even she did jail time.

I just watched Xander's first scenes with Brady and Victor. Brutal. He is so eager to please his unclefather and Victor is so dismissive. Then when Brady comes in he is delighted to see him and greets him by name and Brady replies 'Who the hell are you?'. This is Xander before the shootings, Nicole in cage, baby swap etc and Brady can't even be bothered to be nice right off the  bat.  Xander tells Brady how much he looked up to him and Daniel as a kid and they were the brothers he always wanted. After Victor dismisses him he refers to him as a 'distant relative' and even Brady says but he is the son of your brother how is that distant? It actually plays well for Victor keeping Xander at arm's length to honour his brother's memory, but it is hard to watch Xander get beat down by the pair of them for no reason.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Just yesterday, he was saying "oh wait....wasn't I the one who performed your wedding, Maggie?" as if any reasonable person could forget that.

This writing is just insulting. Even fictional people cannot be this dumb.

All that would be needed to resolve this is a simple DNA test. They'd see in a few hours that Alex is still related to Justin.

Well, it seems to be a binary choice. Have characters be smart and drive a truck through the plot holes or have the characters be dumb as rocks to sell this bullshit.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1