Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I kinda of wanted Megan to shoot Shaun.   He is acting like an idiot. 
Sloan needs a friend.   
Dimitri and Leo should bond over their mommy issues.  
I don’t remember anything else that happened this episode lol.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why is Kate so invested in Eric’s life ?

She has no children on canvas that she can meddle in their lives so she's resorted to her stepchildren.

I'm surprised this isn't about Chad for once.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Geez. Even married to Roman, Kate's got nothing to work with (no surprise there).

If this show valued Lucas at all (they don't) and respected Kate as a character, she'd be frantically trying to get Lucas out of prison, or helping Philip back to sanity. Or something.

It's jarring how little she's bothering with them given half of her screentime historically on this series has been devoted to preventing much more minor tragedies in their lives than insanity and imprisonment.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I thought Kate going on and on about how Eric and Sloan should jump into parenthood super creepy and gross. She doesn’t know a thing about their  relationship and a child would bind them together forever. Baby rabies strikes a most unlikely character.

I could understand a “seize the day” pep talk about getting into a romantic relationship or getting married, but it would have been just as ridiculous if she had sat a their table and told them they needed to walk down the aisle asap.

Megan is now over the top (you could see SB use is “Carly, come down” moves from GH on her), but I still like Dmitri. And I guess Kristen is getting a redemption ark? Gotta give props to SH for making me believe her compassion towards EJ. I could see them scheme together. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Geez. Even married to Roman, Kate's got nothing to work with (no surprise there).

If this show valued Lucas at all (they don't) and respected Kate as a character, she'd be frantically trying to get Lucas out of prison, or helping Philip back to sanity. Or something.

It's jarring how little she's bothering with them given half of her screentime historically on this series has been devoted to preventing much more minor tragedies in their lives than insanity and imprisonment.

Those are the only times I find Kate tolerable. Yet they couldn't have one of her kids around? I'd even settle for the grandkids tbh. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Desperado said:

but I still like Dmitri.

He's not bad as a character, but it's so hard to think that he could have actually fooled people into thinking he was some sort of spy when, in all of his interactions with Megan, he comes across as a not particularly bright teenager.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Desperado said:

Baby rabies strikes a most unlikely character.

Baby rabies!?? Oh wow - LOLOLOLOL! Never heard that one before!

5 hours ago, Desperado said:

Megan is now over the top

Yeah, what's up with that? She's gone full scorched-earth crazy pants cartoon character all of a sudden. She wasn't this bad while looking after Bo at her secret base...why are they writing her like she's some brilliant foe all of a sudden? It just makes her look stupid. Like, lady - you spent millions of dollars keeping your long dead never-husband alive so you could give him magic juice to be 25 years old again...? And you failed. That's easily one of dumbest things ever done on this soap. How exactly are you so full of confidence? Why do you even care about running DiMera?

I feel badly for the actress because it's blatantly obvious that they chose to make her character all about Bo 24/7, and now that Peter isn't really on the show anymore, they've abruptly thrown her into some other plot, even though after that setup she should still be hanging around Coma Bo. Why would she leave him now that his life is once again hanging by a thread? It makes no sense. I mean, Coma Bo can't be any less stimulating than Regeneration Tube Bo...right?

Is anyone else super bored with the never-ending hirings/firings going on right now? I feel like we've watched three weeks of corporate nonsense storylines, and I don't know why they're overdosing on that all of a sudden. Everyone is being reshuffled career-wise and I don't have the faintest clue why they've plotted for it all to happen at once, or why they think it qualifies as entertaining.

Chloe is unemployable (apparently) but offered a job at the paper by Xander, but Gwen objects, but then Gwen changes her mind, so Chloe's there now. Meanwhile, Alex loses his job at Titan by having and then losing an obnoxious client, but then Justin bullies Maggie into rehiring him, but then also offers Xander a job, so he's left to consider quitting the paper and working at Titan, or staying at the paper and giving up on Titan. Meanwhile, Stefan and Gabi want to takeover DiMera and think they can get Megan and Kristen on their side to do it, but then Megan and Kristen plan their own takeover of DiMera and need Li's help...

...and Jesus Christ Almighty, who the **** gives a shit? How's about people just KEEP ONE JOB and then the writers show them DOING THAT JOB instead of all this pointless musical chairs-ing about careers that might as well not even be happening for all the impact they have on the footage we watch?

The only people we see *sometimes* working are Doctor Kayla and Doctor Marlena, and that is maybe once every two months. Chanel is never at the bakery baking. Ever. The bakery doesn't even have an inside, FFS. I never see Eric working much at the Pub, if that's even what he does. The DiMeras all prance around their livingroom bickering or abducting each other. Alex trying to make a deal with a client is the first scene of that kind in....the last decade maybe? Doug/Julie's Place has gone AWOL. Steve and John go into spy mode by having coffee in the town square. Abe never Mayors. Neither Justin nor Belle have been in a court room since I can't even remember when, let alone an office.

I appreciate the show remembering these character have careers, I do, but they way they talk endlessly about them when they never seem to be actually happen is annoying. Just show us these people actually doing work please. You know - like real people do. Shuffling them around constantly is not interesting. Rant over.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Baby rabies!?? Oh wow - LOLOLOLOL! Never heard that one before!

We used to use that term a lot on the ABC soap boards. ABC soaps tended to use their legacy characters though more than Days did. (The only other soaps I watched from NBC were Sunset Beach and Passions, which didn't last long enough to SORAS their legacy characters into teenagers.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I never see Eric working much at the Pub, if that's even what he does. The DiMeras all prance around their livingroom bickering or abducting each other. Alex trying to make a deal with a client is the first scene of that kind in....the last decade maybe? Doug/Julie's Place has gone AWOL. 

ITA about Julie’s Place.  As for Eric, whatever happened to Horton House?  You’d think he’d do more good (doing “God’s work” without the collar) there than work at a pub. 

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

We used to use that term a lot on the ABC soap boards. ABC soaps tended to use their legacy characters though more than Days did. (The only other soaps I watched from NBC were Sunset Beach and Passions, which didn't last long enough to SORAS their legacy characters into teenagers.)

Man oh man did I love Sunset Beach! My favorite story line was Gabby defrocking her brother in law, the hot priest!  

• Like 4

I did catch Friday’s ep.

Eric was at least sensible about not seizing the day and oh what fun it will be to have a child with a woman you barely know. Kate, you can hope that someone kidnaps the kid or it goes to boarding school. Maybe talk to him about getting his act together - he abandoned Nicole and Holly and Henry to save some country in Africa. If he plans to run away again when things get real, a baby is not the answer for his bruised ego or a novelty. Sloan will be stuck and she will get a good understanding of the real Eric.

Laughed when Nicole wondered if EJ was tied up.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Does anyone else think it's exploitative for Days to bring back all of the Black characters today?  I hope the visiting actors got more than a one day gig. 

Exploitative maybe not, considering the holiday and the wedding anniversary, but I prefer returns happening on separate days, so each character can have their own moment to catch us up on how they're doing. If they all pop up at once, like with today, it's a lump of exposition, if they each even get their moment that is.

This is the most I've liked NewTheo's hair. But why was he so shiny? Makeup was needed...or over-applied.

Did he mention Claire?

I like Paulina's mother faaaar more than I like her.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Does anyone else think it's exploitative for Days to bring back all of the Black characters today?  I hope the visiting actors got more than a one day gig. 

Yes but this is the same show that thought it was a good idea to have Abe /Paulina marry on the same day as Lexie’s death. 

Which leads to another discussion of Lexie and Eli/Lani’s son David dying on Juneteenth of all Days (pardon the pun)

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

I did enjoy seeing Eli again, he is so Handsome & charming, wish he would come back for a long stay.   And I thought the scenes that Doug had with  Chad & Eli were sweet.   I am happy that Abe is finally getting some memory back..

• Like 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I like Paulina's mother faaaar more than I like her.

Agreed!  I'd take Big Mama any day of the week over Paulina.  

I suppose it's possible that Julie means well, but could she do it from a locked room in the basement?  In another town?  Maybe take Paulina with her?

It looked and sounded like things were starting to clear in Abe's brain at the end of the episode.  Here's hoping the first thing he does when he gets his memory back is hotfoot it out of town and down to South Africa with Theo before Paulina gets ahold of him again.

Run, Abe, RUN!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes but this is the same show that thought it was a good idea to have Abe /Paulina marry on the same day as Lexie’s death. 

Which leads to another discussion of Lexie and Eli/Lani’s son David dying on Juneteenth of all Days (pardon the pun)

Wait.....what?! 😲

Lexie died and Eli's baby died on June 19th?!

Did they address this at all last year when Abe got married on that day??

32 minutes ago, boes said:

I suppose it's possible that Julie means well, but could she do it from a locked room in the basement?  In another town?  Maybe take Paulina with her?

One of these days you're going to kill me, you know that right?

🤣

• LOL 3
On 6/14/2023 at 10:13 AM, DaphneCat said:

It doesn't seem like Sloan really actually wants a child.  It's just another woman doing whatever to "keep" a man.  To me, this is just step two to the ruination of a previously independent, confident character.  The first was when she messed with the DNA test.  Eventually she will end up another doormat for "good guy" Eric - and will, of course, never be good enough for him.

I see it more as her feeling guilty for tampering with the paternity test; so she’s giving him a child to make up for the one that he might be missing out on due to her tampering.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, drtslim said:

I see it more as her feeling guilty for tampering with the paternity test; so she’s giving him a child to make up for the one that he might be missing out on due to her tampering.

I see your point, but her whole reason for tampering with the paternity test in the first place was because she "couldn't lose him."  Again, a smart, independent, capable woman who somehow doesn't feel like she is "enough" for some man and must do whatever it takes to "keep" him.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I absolutely loved Leo today. He used to grate on my nerves but he is awesome in Defending Gwen mode.

Also loved Stefan and Gabi today and I never do. All the writers had to do is pit them against Julie and I am automatically on their side

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I've been watching Days; although, I haven't posted in a while. I just haven't had much to say. Days is in one of those peculiar moments where all Soaps sometimes find themselves. Things are happening, but the show still feels like it's in a holding pattern until the next Sweeps period.

1. I really loved Chad's scenes with Doug and Julie. I wish the show had written Chabby more as Hortons than as Dimeras. I think Chad and Abby could have benefitted, and I think it more naturally fits MM's version of adult Abby and Chad. I hate that Chad lives in the Horton house after Abby's murder. Not because he lives there, but it would have been great to see Chabby raising their children there with JnJ and Doug and Julie. I'll always lament that the show didn't combine Julie's Horton line (Eli, Lani, and maybe a recast Scott Banning), Jennifer's Horton line (Chabby, recast JJ), and Hope's Horton line (Cin, Shelle, recast Claire) into a new Horton family. Their's history, legacy, rivalry, friendship, and chances for redemption in those listed characters. Pity we didn't get to see it.

2. This isn't hyperbole; although, I understand why some people may think it is. I think the Fake Paulina and Abe story is one of the top 3 stories Ron has written since he's been at Days. The story, so far, is wonderfully paced. There's a good mixture of humor, camp, menace, and suspense. The actors are doing a great balance - this is from someone who never liked the actor who plays Abe. I also think Abe is asking the right questions, and Fake Paulina has reasonably appropriate responses. History is also been shared in a way that makes sense and is natural. There have also been some good close calls - like Rafe and Talia - that have been effectively thwarted. I know I could always eat my words tomorrow, but so far, I've found myself excited every time this story gets airtime.

3. I love Julie vs. Gabi. I think the pacemaker storyline is the only failure these two have had.

4. I want the Theo actor recast. That being said, Theo feels like he's in such a peculiar place on the canvas. He's a legacy character, but his contemporaries (Ciara, Joey, Claire, and now Ben) with whom he shares the most history are all off-canvas. His father is missing, and I think his reintroduction perfectly encapsulates his looking for a place on the canvas. No one knew he was returning, Chad just randomly finds him, he's staying at the Salem Inn because there's no natural place for him to stay. I guess there's Dimera, but it feels odd as Theo hasn't played much of a role in the Dimera storylines. He barely knows Paulina, and the awkwardness can be seen on screen.  I guess we'll see how his scenes with Megan go tomorrow, but it's odd when a legacy character literally wanders on canvas.

5. I find it kind of hilarious that Diana Colville hasn't been mentioned for decades, but now Leo is constantly describing her as a conniving monster and comparing her to Megan Hathaway Dimera. I almost want Genie Francis to return and play this new diabolical monster.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

5. I find it kind of hilarious that Diana Colville hasn't been mentioned for decades, but now Leo is constantly describing her as a conniving monster and comparing her to Megan Hathaway Dimera.

Wasn’t she on fairly recently? I feel like I remember Leo having some scenes with his mom. It wasn’t Genie Francis though.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait.....what?! 😲

Lexie died and Eli's baby died on June 19th?!

Did they address this at all last year when Abe got married on that day??

One of these days you're going to kill me, you know that right?

🤣

Nope if not Theo I would think EJ could've brought it up since he was close to Lexie.

13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wasn’t she on fairly recently? I feel like I remember Leo having some scenes with his mom. It wasn’t Genie Francis though.

Yes a couple years back with Judith Chapman in the role. Obviously trying to do a nod to Y&R with that casting move(even though Judith used to play Angelica on this show and would've been a far more useful character to have around than Diana and I say this as someone that liked GF's Diana).

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I've been watching Days; although, I haven't posted in a while. I just haven't had much to say. Days is in one of those peculiar moments where all Soaps sometimes find themselves. Things are happening, but the show still feels like it's in a holding pattern until the next Sweeps period.

1. I really loved Chad's scenes with Doug and Julie. I wish the show had written Chabby more as Hortons than as Dimeras. I think Chad and Abby could have benefitted, and I think it more naturally fits MM's version of adult Abby and Chad. I hate that Chad lives in the Horton house after Abby's murder. Not because he lives there, but it would have been great to see Chabby raising their children there with JnJ and Doug and Julie. I'll always lament that the show didn't combine Julie's Horton line (Eli, Lani, and maybe a recast Scott Banning), Jennifer's Horton line (Chabby, recast JJ), and Hope's Horton line (Cin, Shelle, recast Claire) into a new Horton family. Their's history, legacy, rivalry, friendship, and chances for redemption in those listed characters. Pity we didn't get to see it.

2. This isn't hyperbole; although, I understand why some people may think it is. I think the Fake Paulina and Abe story is one of the top 3 stories Ron has written since he's been at Days. The story, so far, is wonderfully paced. There's a good mixture of humor, camp, menace, and suspense. The actors are doing a great balance - this is from someone who never liked the actor who plays Abe. I also think Abe is asking the right questions, and Fake Paulina has reasonably appropriate responses. History is also been shared in a way that makes sense and is natural. There have also been some good close calls - like Rafe and Talia - that have been effectively thwarted. I know I could always eat my words tomorrow, but so far, I've found myself excited every time this story gets airtime.

3. I love Julie vs. Gabi. I think the pacemaker storyline is the only failure these two have had.

4. I want the Theo actor recast. That being said, Theo feels like he's in such a peculiar place on the canvas. He's a legacy character, but his contemporaries (Ciara, Joey, Claire, and now Ben) with whom he shares the most history are all off-canvas. His father is missing, and I think his reintroduction perfectly encapsulates his looking for a place on the canvas. No one knew he was returning, Chad just randomly finds him, he's staying at the Salem Inn because there's no natural place for him to stay. I guess there's Dimera, but it feels odd as Theo hasn't played much of a role in the Dimera storylines. He barely knows Paulina, and the awkwardness can be seen on screen.  I guess we'll see how his scenes with Megan go tomorrow, but it's odd when a legacy character literally wanders on canvas.

5. I find it kind of hilarious that Diana Colville hasn't been mentioned for decades, but now Leo is constantly describing her as a conniving monster and comparing her to Megan Hathaway Dimera. I almost want Genie Francis to return and play this new diabolical monster.

I agree Chabby fit better with the Hortons than they do with the Dimeras. Oddly enough when KM was Abby they spent more time around the Hortons than they did with the Dimeras which seems to be heavily associated with MM's Abby and yet I think the reversal would've been better. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

This isn't hyperbole; although, I understand why some people may think it is. I think the Fake Paulina and Abe story is one of the top 3 stories Ron has written since he's been at Days. The story, so far, is wonderfully paced. There's a good mixture of humor, camp, menace, and suspense. The actors are doing a great balance - this is from someone who never liked the actor who plays Abe. I also think Abe is asking the right questions, and Fake Paulina has reasonably appropriate responses. History is also been shared in a way that makes sense and is natural. There have also been some good close calls - like Rafe and Talia - that have been effectively thwarted. I know I could always eat my words tomorrow, but so far, I've found myself excited every time this story gets airtime.

☝️   👏👏👏👏

Will's return was hugely needed and appreciated, but the story itself was long, a little silly (Rolf loved Susan??) and established the worst idea ever: the anti-death serum. I'd count it among the best of Ron's work, but it still wasn't handled perfectly.

For exactly the reasons you've stated, this Amnesiac Abe story feels like an old school arc: careful, simple, well-executed and performed. I really am surprised how much I'm enjoying it and hope the eventual wrap-up is believable and effective.

And no, this nurse doesn't need to be the new Big Bad. Soaps used to have smaller arcs featuring villains who didn't hang around needlessly. I hope this is like that.

I love Julie vs. Gabi. I think the pacemaker storyline is the only failure these two have had.

That arc....that f***ing arc was so detrimental to Gabi's character. And all for who - Lani? Pffft.

Chad just randomly finds him, he's staying at the Salem Inn because there's no natural place for him to stay. I guess there's Dimera, but it feels odd as Theo hasn't played much of a role in the Dimera storylines.

I think if Chad was still at the DiMansion,  he'd naturally bunk there. It's insane that after all this time Abe doesn't have a home of his own that we see, but he's been on the back-burner for so long (and so few other characters have homes) that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I want the Theo actor recast.

Same. This one is too lethargic. The previous Theo had a personality and seemed to incorporate the autism somewhat consistently.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Paulina is a terrible cryer.  Leo is suddenly brave.  Eli is still hot.  Dimitri did not get an answer to his marriage proposal yet.  Gwen is looking forward to not paying rent at the Salem inn.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

This isn't hyperbole; although, I understand why some people may think it is. I think the Fake Paulina and Abe story is one of the top 3 stories Ron has written since he's been at Days. The story, so far, is wonderfully paced. There's a good mixture of humor, camp, menace, and suspense. The actors are doing a great balance - this is from someone who never liked the actor who plays Abe.

I'm just glad that Abe finally gets to do more than just chuckle.  (Ignoring, of course, his breaking laws and generally being an ass over Paulina and Chanel.)

• Like 6
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's insane that after all this time Abe doesn't have a home of his own that we see, but he's been on the back-burner for so long (and so few other characters have homes) that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Abe lives with Paulina now.  In that horridly decorated apartment that looks like the deep discount area of a Ross Dress for Less.  Amnesiac Abe doesn't like his new digs with all the stuffed animals but IMO those stuffed animals are more than a step above living with Paulina.  

Chanel lives there too.  She made a remark not that long ago about needing to get out of the way so Paulina and Abe could have a romantic evening alone.

Give me stuffed cats any day.

Speaking of getting stuffed, we got to sit through another scene of Julie and Gabi spitting at each other.  I do love me some Eli, but Lani IS the one who plugged Stefan when she was trying to shoot his mom.  Lani was all sorts of wrong all sorts of times, Eli, and you may forget it but we don't.

I still wish that instead of that pacemaker of Julie's that Gabi had installed, she'd instead had a foghorn put in there.  Instead of stopping Julie's heart, Gabi could just have pushed a button and then, out of Julie's mouth would blare a foghorn, warning all the ships at sea.  Or, maybe the sound of a barking seal instead......oh, the possibilities!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
56 minutes ago, luvgoldens said:

I think I may have missed some episodes, but could someone please tell me who this fake Paulina is working with; why did she kidnap Abe; and what does she plan to do with him?

She is just a loon. No other info at this point

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I saw yesterday’s ep at my cousin’s home. The wedding vow stuff was a bit creepy.

Gwennie, maybe you have no reporter instinct, but when some guy you just met asks for your hand in marriage, you should be finding Leo’s red flag suit.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I'm a long time Xarah supporter who is really enjoying Xander with Chloe. It just feels like she accepts him more and isn't judging the he'll out of him. They also feel more like an adult relationship. I'm dreading the inevitable baby reveal

• Like 5
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I'm a long time Xarah supporter who is really enjoying Xander with Chloe. It just feels like she accepts him more and isn't judging the he'll out of him. They also feel more like an adult relationship. I'm dreading the inevitable baby reveal

That won't last if they end up as a legit couple. I mean I liked Xarah too but like you it doesn't really work as a long term pairing either so he does need that morally grey chick but that's not Chloe either. Sloan would work.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That won't last if they end up as a legit couple. I mean I liked Xarah too but like you it doesn't really work as a long term pairing either so he does need that morally grey chick but that's not Chloe either. Sloan would work.

Gosh Sloan and Xander would look amazing together. I love her. She's made Eric tolerable 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Wow Maggie was insufferable blaming Alex for going to work with Brady after she fired him. Multiple times. 

Then she starts using Victor against them but when Alex tries to bring up what Victor would say she fights back how she's in charge. 

Chad is living in Abby's family home and proceeds to have date there?  He is already asking Stephanie to move in with him? Abby gone a year.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 6

I feel so badly for Suzanne R. You just know she's playing these scenes thinking "why am I having to cover for the absence of a dear friend who is dead, when this idiotic show could have had a plan in place years ago for what to do if John were to die suddenly."

At least, that's what I'd be thinking. Maybe she's more charitable.

It makes zero sense for Maggie to take over running a company she had less than nothing to do with from the time she married Victor until now. Why do show's do these stupid "spouse inherits dead partner's career" twists? They did it with Martha getting Jonathan's Senate seat on Smallville (a show that rarely dabbled in anything remotely resembling reality, but still). In all his years as a mobster/career man, Victor never found a single business friend to trust with steering the ship in the event something unexpected happened? That's weird.

What is the excuse for him being off screen anyhow? He's perpetually "resting"? It's....lame. And sad.

And once they finally address his passing, she's going to be the one called upon to weep and mourn until her eyes are red :( Especially since Hope is gone (again), Philip is gone (again) and everyone who was close to Victor has been pushed away or written out.

Suzanne's a trooper.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
44 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I feel so badly for Suzanne R. You just know she's playing these scenes thinking "why am I having to cover for the absence of a dear friend who is dead, when this idiotic show could have had a plan in place years ago for what to do if John were to die suddenly."

At least, that's what I'd be thinking. Maybe she's more charitable.

It makes zero sense for Maggie to take over running a company she had less than nothing to do with from the time she married Victor until now. Why do show's do these stupid "spouse inherits dead partner's career" twists? They did it with Martha getting Jonathan's Senate seat on Smallville (a show that rarely dabbled in anything remotely resembling reality, but still). In all his years as a mobster/career man, Victor never found a single business friend to trust with steering the ship in the event something unexpected happened? That's weird.

What is the excuse for him being off screen anyhow? He's perpetually "resting"? It's....lame. And sad.

And once they finally address his passing, she's going to be the one called upon to weep and mourn until her eyes are red :( Especially since Hope is gone (again), Philip is gone (again) and everyone who was close to Victor has been pushed away or written out.

Suzanne's a trooper.

They could have just said he went to be with Phillip offscreen and repair the only relationship he has left of his children. That’s too simple for this show 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

In all his years as a mobster/career man, Victor never found a single business friend to trust with steering the ship in the event something unexpected happened? That's weird.

Because he was too busy creating ANOTHER revolving door CEO position.  He'd get pissed at someone for "betraying" him and they'd be out.  Or he'd hold the position over someone's head to try to get them to do something he wanted.  He never actually really wanted to give up control - he just wanted whoever was favored at the moment to think they were in control while he made all the decisions.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I was hesitant about today's show, because the online description was something like "Patch and Kayla reminisce about being reunited, Chad asks Stephanie to move in with him, Alex scores a win for Basic Black".   I was right about how bad some it would be and wrong about it, too.

I was hesitant about the Patch and Kayla thing, because, first of all, we just watched them be reunited and second, these type of episodes most often turn into a gloppy mess.  Pleasant surprise - for the most part, those two with their pizzas were low key and charming.

Chad and Stephanie were more tedious than terrible, mostly because I don't believe they're all that great of a couple.  Chad been playing the sidekick for so long now and his relationship with Stephanie feels sort of forced.  I don't mind her but if she disappeared tomorrow, I wouldn't miss her, either.  It didn't help that we also had to watch another scene of Julie overemoting as if she's the greatest star from the Silent Era.  If only her era was silent, I'd give her an award.  Till then, pipe down.

The only thing I wanted from the scenes with OllieBenAlex was seeing Maggie toss him butt first through the window, hopefully landing on that empty noggin he calls his head.  Maggie wasn't very nice to him but since I can't stand the sight or sound of that overinflated gasbag of a humanoid, I cheered her on.  I think Brady should have told Alex to at least dial it back.  I used to think, ages ago, that RSW had some talent.  I sure don't, anymore.  

Too bad Show didn't end with Bonnie sneezing on him.  Judi Evans may have more fun playing her than she did Adrienne, or so I've read, but it's absolutely excrutiating having to watch and listen to her.  What a disaster.

The pizza looked good, though.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

Kayla’s pizza for the win.  Kayla and Steve are just adorable.  I love them.  
Maggie seemed tougher than I expected.  It kinda of seems like the character is going to change a bit.    Know the character of Alex isn’t very likable but her hatred of him seems like it’s so personal ( like maybe she hates his mother and it transfered. I don’t know it’s seems more than what we have seen so far ).  
   Zander and Chloe are terrible detectives.  It was pretty obvious when listen to the Bonnie weird encounter what was going on.  
   Zander Chloe live together work together.  Now Stephanie and Chad will be doing the same.  These people need to interact more with other people.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Gosh Sloan and Xander would look amazing together. I love her. She's made Eric tolerable 

I love the idea of Sloan/Xander but that would just mean Sloan goes from one merry-go-round hell to another and I don't want that for her.

I think I might actually like Xander/Chloe the most of all Xander's pairings so far actually.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)

As KL ages, he looks more and more like DH. I didn't think of him as Brady visually years ago, buuuut....

Bonnie is being an idiot. Talk about inventing drama. Love Judi in the pigtails though. She's so cute.

I love how central Xander has become to the show. Well done Paul.

Alex looks like shit today. Also well deserved.

Chad working for Titan is an interesting twist. Too bad Sonny is awol.

Belle's jacket is very 90s.

PREACH BELLE!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 👏👏👏👏 LOVED the rundown of Xander's sins.

Chloe, you're...so stupid. Just rent a muscular escort.

Rub! It! In! Maggie!! 😀  Love her hating Alex.

Wait....did Alex just threaten her?

Sarah getting an abortion would make a lot of sense here. 😒 Just sayin'.

Hey...this is a pretty decent fake song. Stupid lyrics, but decent.

Is the blue wallpaper in Belle's place the same paper as in the Horton diningroom?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I really really like the direction of this Chloe and Xander thing. Surprisingly mature writing. The Xoe relationship is one that is mutually supportive but they are both aware they love other people and are not willing to cross the line into something more. I hope that continues. I am a Broe fan from way back too so this is working for me from all angles. 

I hate BenAlex so Maggie kicking him in the nuts and then a second time was pure joy for me. I have absolutely zero interest in Chad and Steph. I think it's her as she is boring with everybody from BenAlex to her parents. Like Allie she sucks the energy out of every scene.

Bonnie and Justin are the worst liars. Odd since Bonnie used to be a pro. Remember when she stole Xander's million dollars cash and then covered it up with zero guilt? Always thought that if she had not done that he would never have felt pressured into teaming up with Ava. Having said that Xander and Chloe are dumb bunnies if they can't put "She's Pregnant!" and "Bonnie just saw Sarah" and "Acting weird" together and not getting a clue.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

As KL ages, he looks more and more like DH. I didn't think of him as Brady visually years ago, buuuut....

Bonnie is being an idiot. Talk about inventing drama. Love Judi in the pigtails though. She's so cute.

I love how central Xander has become to the show. Well done Paul.

Alex looks like shit today. Also well deserved.

Chad working for Titan is an interesting twist. Too bad Sonny is awol.

Belle's jacket is very 90s.

PREACH BELLE!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 👏👏👏👏 LOVED the rundown of Xander's sins.

Chloe, you're...so stupid. Just rent a muscular escort.

Rub! It! In! Maggie!! 😀  Love her hating Alex.

Wait....did Alex just threaten her?

Sarah getting an abortion would make a lot of sense here. 😒 Just sayin'.

Hey...this is a pretty decent fake song. Stupid lyrics, but decent.

Is the blue wallpaper in Belle's place the same paper as in the Horton diningroom?

I liked the song at the end too...it was written & sung by Peter Reckell's wife, Kelly.  And yes, Bonnie was cute in her pigtails & heart jammies :)  And to agree with others that Xander & Chloe make an interesting couple & I am a "Xarah" fan. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2