Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She did at least once. I remember because there were a lot of people here who were surprised by it lol.

I do feel like they've pretty much erased Claire from the show in general though, which is odd.

I do remember that day (if not the scene specifically) because I was like "ooooooooh - they're acknowledging it!"

My understanding was that KA was insulted to have a full-grown adult granddaughter on the show, and refused (or requested) to maintain a distance there.

On the flip side, didn't Eileen's Kristen mock Sami for being a grandmother already? Or Marlena for being a great-grandma?

There are certain things you just know as a fan with regards to the BTS stuff and how it affects DAYS:

-Marlena and Maggie will never be in a scene together or speak

-Marlena will be shoehorned into anything involving RSW

-Peter will rarely be mentioned

-OG Jennifer Horton will never appear regularly again

And I guess we can include Claire being referenced as Hope's granddaughter to that list.

I don't really think they're erasing Claire as much as forgetting about her for a while. It happens. I mean the Gemini Twins were ignored for the longest time. And Chelsea was also ignored. Heck, we haven't heard anything about Steve's two bionic eyeballs, have we? And yet, they're both robo-eyes now, right?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I do remember that day (if not the scene specifically) because I was like "ooooooooh - they're acknowledging it!"

My understanding was that KA was insulted to have a full-grown adult granddaughter on the show, and refused (or requested) to maintain a distance there.

On the flip side, didn't Eileen's Kristen mock Sami for being a grandmother already? Or Marlena for being a great-grandma?

There are certain things you just know as a fan with regards to the BTS stuff and how it affects DAYS:

-Marlena and Maggie will never be in a scene together or speak

-Marlena will be shoehorned into anything involving RSW

-Peter will rarely be mentioned

-OG Jennifer Horton will never appear regularly again

And I guess we can include Claire being referenced as Hope's granddaughter to that list.

I don't really think they're erasing Claire as much as forgetting about her for a while. It happens. I mean the Gemini Twins were ignored for the longest time. And Chelsea was also ignored. Heck, we haven't heard anything about Steve's two bionic eyeballs, have we? And yet, they're both robo-eyes now, right?

Ha Well let's hope she doesn't take to Remington(LI)like she has RSW cause that's just one too much. Dee shared on Twitter that her & Remington got scenes together coming up.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Nique said:

Ha Well let's hope she doesn't take to Remington(LI)like she has RSW cause that's just one too much. Dee shared on Twitter that her & Remington got scenes together coming up.

I have no beef with him. Good actor, pleasant on screen, decent writing...

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

What’s the bts gossip regarding this?

No clue honestly. I read some rather wild speculation on another board that I won't repeat here, but suffice it to say, they are not pals.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Hope has had a rough day. Her dead husband is alive, has tried to kill her, remembers little of his life, his son thinks his dad is going to kill his mom so he’s hoots his dad, dad ends up at the hospital and is sort of dead, then has surgery, meets Hope in a dream, he remembers sort of who he is and is now in a coma. Plus we get a little Divine Intervention.

Harris is afraid of losing Hope? Seriously?

I had hoped Wendy would have been a bit more feisty and independent. Tripp deserves a decent young woman and maybe he needs to re-evaluate life in Salem.

Chanel and Johnny are too soon for a revisit. Leo wasn’t getting too much for his column. At least Johnny managed to tell Wendy about the hallucinogenic treats.

• Like 5

Really show?  You had to go with the coma AGAIN?  If they wanted some drama, couldn't they have just said that because of the bullet, they weren't sure if Bo would ever be 100% himself again or some such garbage?  On this show, comas are even less dramatic than death.  We ALL know that Bo will come out of it.  Guess this is just so KA can have another dramatic scene begging Bo to come back to her again or something.

Yea, if all they're ever going to do with Tripp is make him be the "nice" loser in love triangles, they really shouldn't have bothered to bring him back.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:
6 hours ago, DanaMB said:

What’s the bts gossip regarding this?

No clue honestly. I read some rather wild speculation on another board that I won't repeat here, but suffice it to say, they are not pals.

Why not say? As long as we all know it's speculation, I think we can all make our own judgment. 

• Like 4

I thought this episode was a tad bit better than the past two, minus Bope.

I liked the Sloan and Melinda scenes.

Eric wouldn't be a credible witness. Not only for lying about being a paralegal, as Melinda said, but he also murdered a man in a drunk driving incident. That alone would torpedo his credibility with the jury. 

Why is the show making Abe so unlikeable? First, they have him rescind a restraining order so his wife can harass Sloan. Today, they give him dialogue that Chanel is the only person who suffering from the tainted biscuits. Um, didn't half the town eat those biscuits, hallucinate, and some even ended up in the hospital like Melinda? Why is this man the mayor?

Talia is with a mystery man. Let's see where this goes.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Really show?  You had to go with the coma AGAIN?  If they wanted some drama, couldn't they have just said that because of the bullet, they weren't sure if Bo would ever be 100% himself again or some such garbage?  On this show, comas are even less dramatic than death.  We ALL know that Bo will come out of it.  Guess this is just so KA can have another dramatic scene begging Bo to come back to her again or something.

Yea, if all they're ever going to do with Tripp is make him be the "nice" loser in love triangles, they really shouldn't have bothered to bring him back.

Even though the psycho trope has been overdone for the jilted one. In Tripp's case I think it would make the most sense given past history and his family background. At this point I think that's the only direction he can go since this show sucks at developing decent characters(or any characters in general).

Plus I think the actor is decent enough to pull it off and give him something to work with.

8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Why not say? As long as we all know it's speculation, I think we can all make our own judgment. 

Its in the Like Sands Through the Hourglass Thread around here you'll have to sift through it(which is why I'm not mentioning it in this thread)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Now, if this was a Lifetime movie, the much put upon nice guys, unlucky in love Tripp and Rafe would team up and go nuts and kidnap the women of their dreams and make them pay for rejecting them.

While that would be more interesting, I still don't know if I'd want to watch it, LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

God shut up Abe. Are we supposed to think he's the good guy still, screaming at his underlings all the time and demanding baseless arrests?

Why has nobody pondered why Sloane would let Eric eat the biscuits if she were responsible 

• Like 4

Why is the city’s Mayor sticking his snoopy neck into a minor, albeit, weird crime? The drug wore off, some people got sick, but no one was killed or any sort of murder or crime spree happened. Because of his wife’s daughter, who is an adult? 

No security, no cameras outside the bakery? Really? Horton Square is a public place. At least Chanel and Talia were interviewed separately. And of course, Talia’s story does not add up. She would be my first suspect - new employee, a doctor changing careers, she would know about chemistry and how to reverse engineer a recipe with her science background, etc.

For being smart, Sloan is a bit dumb. If she didn’t taint the biscuit dough, who does she know who might? She and Melinda were fun. If Sloan was more creepy, she would let Eric eat the biscuit as a distraction. The drug would wear off within x time.

Will Gabi still do her fashion line? Or just be a consultant, er, have a high paid non job. Not fair to the store who bought her designs.

And we have Talia go to an apartment or a hotel to meet some new guy who guessing from their greeting, is probably her boyfriend.

Edited by Frozendiva
Added boyfriend
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2

The better question is - hasn't this show been wildly inconsistent about many well-documented things in the past? 😅

I would think Abe of all people would want cameras in Horton Square considering both he and his son were shot there.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

You're right.  Haven't they gotten footage from Horton Square in the past?

Don't ask me. I'm still confused as to whether the town square is indoors, outdoors, or has a retractable roof. I feel all have been true at one point or another.

I really liked today's show. I liked that the show finally acknowledged that Leo's column sounds mostly boring. I also like Leo and Sloan teaming up for some petty villainy against Rafe and Abe. Both deserve it.

I didn't like Sloan's brother or his dynamic with Talia. It seemed abusive and parasitic. 

I always like super random scenes with random characters like Talia, Chloe, and Xander today. I wonder if Chloe and Xander moving in together will lead to Sloan's brother being revealed. It looks like they may be neighbors.

I was surprised to hear Brady and Eric discuss Nicole's affair and Eric's new more mature and empathetic understanding of Nicole's actions. I do think the two missed the biggest difference between Nicole and Chloe. Nicole has a long history of pathetic and toxic decisions for multiple men. Chloe has only been pathetic and toxic for Daniel. Even then, she was able to finally move on sometime after Nicole and Daniel got together. While I'm liking Chloe and Xander, I want the show to do more for Xander atoning to Chloe for his actions. 

I don't have much to say about Chanel and Alex, but I did like their scenes. Did Chanel do all that baking in that dress?

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Now, if this was a Lifetime movie, the much put upon nice guys, unlucky in love Tripp and Rafe would team up and go nuts and kidnap the women of their dreams and make them pay for rejecting them.

Kind of surprised that hasn't already been done on Lifetime(or has it?)

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Abe is becoming someone to hate. 

I liked Sloan and Eric today. 

He's also out of character. I know Abe isn't the most exciting character but he was a beacon of sanity and moral fiber in the insane asylum of Salem. Soaps need those characters or nothing matters(which is really why soaps have fallen).

• Like 4

Liked all the unusual pairings today: Sloane/Leo, Talia/Chloe/Xander, even Brady/Eric. 

Not sure what I think about Colin. I enjoy the accent of course but he seems a little off. His temper is a little worrying. I got from this he is doing the same thing Sloane is without telling her so she can't be an accessory, not that he is trying to frame her?

lol to Brady "At least they aren't moving in together" and then cutting to Xander and Chloe looking at houses. I like the platonic thing they have going. We all know Sarah is coming back pregnant so no point putting him with anybody else.

Small dose of Ben. Acceptable. Gross for Chanel to ask him to basically screw Sloane for info. 

• Like 7

I am enjoying the storyline with Xander & Chloe, its fun & cheeky.  I hope the writers keep them as Friends & dont head into 'sexy" territory.   Paul Telfer works so well with lots of different characters...Xander's romantic side with Sarah, his sweet side with Maggie,  his 'bad boy" side with Gwen & Nicole, and his inter-actions with all the men on the show.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Totally agree. I do fear they're going into sexy land with Chloe though, just because they're both good looking.

One thing I always liked about Carl on AW was that even as a reformed villain and husband to Rachel, other characters were permitted to distrust him (Matt, Amanda, Iris, Felicia) or hate him (Grant).

Hopefully Xander stays unpopular with the appropriate people in town, as befits a man with his history.

• Like 9

I think the show forgot to tell us that Chloe no longer works at Dimera. I don't remember a scene of her quitting or getting fired. Wasn't she working for Li? I know he hired her.

Also, should Chloe be running out of funds? Her father is rich according to the recent storyline with Craig and Leo, and I would imagine she still has a healthy nest egg from Daniel. Chloe has never been presented as a financially irresponsible character or extravagant in her tastes, so why is she running out of savings?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Totally agree. I do fear they're going into sexy land with Chloe though, just because they're both good looking.

One thing I always liked about Carl on AW was that even as a reformed villain and husband to Rachel, other characters were permitted to distrust him (Matt, Amanda, Iris, Felicia) or hate him (Grant).

Hopefully Xander stays unpopular with the appropriate people in town, as befits a man with his history.

Same it's why I don't entirely hate Xander because people still don't care for him. As opposed to Ben where he he was a serial killer *shrugs*

I was also glad Amanda still had no use for Carl most of the time after all he did to her parents on AW.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So hold up...that's it with Bo? He's now in am offscreen coma indefinitely? The end?

Da fuq?

100% this.

I loved the soapiness of the reunion being broken by Bo being shot - well done. Then, what?!

Is Hope staying? Or will she leave with Bo taking him to a hospital in Switzerland? (I remember a time when that exit storyline was quite popular.)

If Hope stays and Bo is alive/comatose after that loving reunion, she can’t be partnered with anyone, so pretty useless as a character.

Regarding trip, I think he needs a Sloan to his Eric type pairing. Maybe Talia? Or a May-December with Trask?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Desperado said:

If Hope stays and Bo is alive/comatose after that loving reunion, she can’t be partnered with anyone, so pretty useless as a character.

Regarding trip, I think he needs a Sloan to his Eric type pairing. Maybe Talia? Or a May-December with Trask?

I actually thought the opposite regarding Bope. Bo in a coma gives Hope a reason to return to Salem alone and continue to romantically interact with others, without being unfaithful to Bo. However, Bo in a coma also gives Hope/Romantic Partner a built-in storyline for when/if PR returns.

As for Tripp, I think he's like JJ. He just can't sell a romantic pairing. Although, JJ and Theresa were great. I'm not certain why the show didn't explore those two. Tripp/Ciara, Tripp/Claire, Tripp/Allie, Tripp/Wendy. I think that's it. Tripp/Chanel or Tripp/Talia haven't been explored. However, based on Talia's scene with Sloane's brother, I don't think she'll be the vixen I was hoping she'll be, so I'm not certain Tripp and Talia or Chanel would catch on. However, time will tell if the show chooses to explore either pairing.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I actually thought the opposite regarding Bope. Bo in a coma gives Hope a reason to return to Salem alone and continue to romantically interact with others, without being unfaithful to Bo. However, Bo in a coma also gives Hope/Romantic Partner a built-in storyline for when/if PR returns.

I think Hope would look like a bitch if she got with anyone else while Bo was in a coma. 

• Like 7
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Small dose of Ben. Acceptable. Gross for Chanel to ask him to basically screw Sloane for info. 

Agree. I kept thinking how they would never ask a woman to do that or, if they did, people would be outraged. 

• Applause 4
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Trask is too good to waste on Tripp the drip. However, I never thought I'd like Eric and thanks to Sloane I now do

Brady and Eric discussing Xander made me realize all 3 of them have been Rachel's dad at one point. Kid was doomed from day 1

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

As for Tripp, I think he's like JJ. He just can't sell a romantic pairing. Although, JJ and Theresa were great. I'm not certain why the show didn't explore those two. Tripp/Ciara, Tripp/Claire, Tripp/Allie, Tripp/Wendy. I think that's it. Tripp/Chanel or Tripp/Talia haven't been explored. However, based on Talia's scene with Sloane's brother, I don't think she'll be the vixen I was hoping she'll be, so I'm not certain Tripp and Talia or Chanel would catch on. However, time will tell if the show chooses to explore either pairing.

To be honest I don’t know anyone in the younger set that can sell a romantic pairing. The set up and development isn’t there for these characters like they used to have. 

JL was against a pairing because Casey looked too much like her brother. They went with JJ/Eve instead which I liked especially with Jennifer walking in on them. 

That’s when actor interference benefits me because I hated Theresa and didn’t want JJ to be her lapdog. Hard pass. He should have been paired with Bev that was his OTP. 

25 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Agree. I kept thinking how they would never ask a woman to do that or, if they did, people would be outraged. 

Actually Brady asked Gabi to do that with Stefan. Well get close to him the sex part I don’t think he asked that. 

• Like 4

I had mixed feelings about Colin. His actions set off some red flags. Possible anger and abuse issues. Both he and Sloane were not kids when the parents died. The mother’s death was ruled accidental, the father was most probably a predator and the mother probably knew about his affairs or affair. Talia did say that she has spent time with Chanel and does not see her as a bad person. She should be mindful of this revenge plot that involves the mastermind of her boyfriend. And she sees the bakery gig as short term.

Talia, your sister caught you in more lies.

I liked the Xander and Chloe stuff. If Telfer did not play grayish Xander, people would hate him more. He is trying to be better and it will take a long time for him to redeem some of his stuff. Seems like if he and Chloe may be Colin’s neighbor, they may get dragged into this. Surely Chloe still has money from Daniel and her rich parents.

Brady and Eric were a bit refreshing. I did laugh at the my three dads mention aboverp.

Sloan needs to put on her thinking cap and go into a more familial direction. Does she keep in touch with her brother?

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked the Xander and Chloe stuff. If Telfer did not play grayish Xander, people would hate him more. He is trying to be better and it will take a long time for him to redeem some of his stuff. Seems like if he and Chloe may be Colin’s neighbor, they may get dragged into this. Surely Chloe still has money from Daniel and her rich parents.

Yes, I really like the fact that whoever hated Xander still does.  They MAY at some point forgive him, but he isn't automatically and insta-hero.

I think Colin is just staying at the same crappy motel that Xander lives in now.  The decor is similar.  I'm guessing somehow Xander or Chloe will accidentally tell someone they saw Talia there, Jada will find out and it will set off her suspicions.

I also liked the Sloan/Leo interactions.  Both of them are at their best when playing somewhat shady.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I think Kristian had her hand in this. She was pretty pumped that Hope was getting a Navy Seal to date.

...that was exactly what was offered to her when she choose to walk off the show and go public with her grievances, though, so....🤨

4 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I think Hope would look like a bitch if she got with anyone else while Bo was in a coma. 

💯!!!

4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Bo in a coma gives Hope a reason to return to Salem alone and continue to romantically interact with others, without being unfaithful to Bo. However, Bo in a coma also gives Hope/Romantic Partner a built-in storyline for when/if PR returns.

Soooo...we're exactly where we were last summer, when Beyond Salem showed us Bo was still alive, but in suspended animation? Then WTH was the point of all this new story?

Harris, like Aiden before him, has already been ruined as a love interest so...what are we doing? Stalling? More? Why? Can't afford more of Peter..?

This is...freaking ridiculous. It solved nothing.

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That’s when actor interference benefits me because I hated Theresa and didn’t want JJ to be her lapdog. Hard pass. He should have been paired with Bev that was his OTP. 

Bev....was forgettable. Sweet but....a OTP? That's overstating it. 

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, I really like the fact that whoever hated Xander still does.  They MAY at some point forgive him, but he isn't automatically and insta-hero.

I think Colin is just staying at the same crappy motel that Xander lives in now.  The decor is similar.  I'm guessing somehow Xander or Chloe will accidentally tell someone they saw Talia there, Jada will find out and it will set off her suspicions.

I also liked the Sloan/Leo interactions.  Both of them are at their best when playing somewhat shady.

Unlikely that Xander will be an insta-hero. He has made some attempts to be a better person. The love for who/what he sees in Sarah - a good woman - could set him on a better path.

I thought Chloe and Xander were looking at an apartment and ran into Talia and Colin. It could have been the motel.

Maybe Leo needs more of a direction.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Leo needs more of a direction.

Leo needs more of a direction?

Can I suggest a one way trip 

giphy.gif

With him preferably strapped to the outside of the capsule for full effect?

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Unlikely that Xander will be an insta-hero. He has made some attempts to be a better person. The love for who/what he sees in Sarah - a good woman - could set him on a better path.

I thought Chloe and Xander were looking at an apartment and ran into Talia and Colin. It could have been the motel.

We all know Sarah decided to keep that baby. The friendship with Chloe is just to give Xander something to do in the interim, and I for one am glad he's away from Gwen

Xander and Chloe were leaving roach motel to go look at better place. Talia was leaving same roach motel after seeing Colin 

• Like 5

Ciara is so much more enjoyable to watch when she's not running around being Ben's defender.

I loved all the Bope and their family scenes. The cliffhanger was also a nice touch between Bo and Hope.

Nice throw back of Kate being on a fishing boat.😄

I don't know who was more boring,  Steve/Kayla, or Chad/Stephanie. They really served no purpose in this story.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Does anybody remember Chloe losing her job? Last I remember she had Kristen's job supervising Basic Black 

I’m pretty sure she quit around the time of the Stefan brainwashing/loving both women thing. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...that was exactly what was offered to her when she choose to walk off the show and go public with her grievances, though, so....🤨

💯!!!

Soooo...we're exactly where we were last summer, when Beyond Salem showed us Bo was still alive, but in suspended animation? Then WTH was the point of all this new story?

Harris, like Aiden before him, has already been ruined as a love interest so...what are we doing? Stalling? More? Why? Can't afford more of Peter..?

This is...freaking ridiculous. It solved nothing.

Bev....was forgettable. Sweet but....a OTP? That's overstating it. 

Bev wasn't a sweet character though she had an edge(back when JJ used to) she, JJ and Rory used to smoke pot and party together. I think they had chemistry and potential to be an OTP. I don't get why they didn't make Bev Eve's daughter instead of giving her Paige(although I admit I like how Paige was nothing like Eve but it wrecked so much history with Shane/Kim but I digress). Jennifer wouldn't want JJ to be with Eve the sequel. He also probably wouldn't have ended up as neutered either.

• Like 2