Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E26: Power of Veto #9

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Terrance seems to have confused the term “instituted” with “instigated.” He should know his ten dollar words before actually using them.

What a dummy.

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Monte wants to show he can beat Michael in a comp?  Unless it is one of those random ones, I can’t see it happening.

And Terrance actually made a strategic move by not picking Turner?   Bizarro world is here. 

Brittany is getting more annoying by the minute.  She knows there’s only one winner, right?  And if she went to final two with Michael, the winner surely wouldn’t be her?  And also if she wanted to nominate Turner, she should have won HoH her own damn self?

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

She isn't wrong that Terrance really isn't that much of a threat, too.  Michael's wasting a third HoH on an easy target.

Terrance is so erratic that probably makes him a bigger threat since he is unpredictable.   

• Love 6

I know the feedwatchers can’t tell me in this thread, but Michael HAS to be getting annoyed with Brittany.  Like, he has to look at the cameras in the HoH room when he is by himself and tell America that he is over. it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Michael wins.

Of course he wins. 

If only he could have gone home week one we would be watching a different less predictable game.

Tommorow is just going to be a nightmare scenario....either Brittany wins a crap shoot HOH or whoever wins will prove to be NOT smart enough to put Michael and Brittany up together. Either way I guess it doesn't really matter. Michael will win veto again or miracles of miracles if Brittany is not up on the block herself she will win and save him.

After that...as it so happens many times before one of the other players will develop s#%t for brains and decide its better to JOIN with Michael rather than target him and with that person teamed up with him now no one will ever take another shot at him again and he winds up coronated on finale night. This thing is over....please bring on SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE

P.S. BB Comics really HATES Kyle and Nicole based on their comics. And I don't get Brittany's either. What's that suppose to mean?

3 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Michael wins.

Of course he wins. 

If only he could have gone home week one we would be watching a different less predictable game.

Tommorow is just going to be a nightmare scenario....either Brittany wins a crap shoot HOH or whoever wins will prove to be NOT smart enough to put Michael and Brittany up together. Either way I guess it doesn't really matter. Michael will win veto again or miracles of miracles if Brittany is not up on the block herself she will win and save him.

After that...as it so happens many times before one of the other players will develop s#%t for brains and decide its better to JOIN with Michael rather than target him and with that person teamed up with him now no one will ever take another shot at him again and he winds up coronated on finale night. This thing is over....please bring on SURVIVOR and THE AMAZING RACE

P.S. BB Comics really HATES Kyle and Nicole based on their comics. And I don't get Brittany's either. What's that suppose to mean?

Brit's comic....she is a parasite riding on her hosts (Michael) back. Taking and not giving in the relationship. Also very annoying and bothersome....lol.

Edited by Lamima
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Something that bothers me about the picking of Veto players,is that we never truly get to see how many name chips are actually in the bucket & if everyone’s name is included…

Janelle was more humble Michael. 

Britney really thinks she’s this amazing player, when She’s almost as useless in comps Alyssa. 

Not sure why Alyssa has tears suddenly, she’s as useless as Victoria from BB 16, her DR clips from the veto comp we’re cringey. 

I just can’t see Jury choosing someone who spent the summer in a showmance, relaxing  & winning zero comps.

I’d rather see someone I don’t like win over her personally. 

• Love 4

Agreed, Alyssa has come to a GREATLY exaggerated sense of her game/place in the game since she 'started playing for herself'. Her even using that phrase made me want to violently scream 'You've done nusssink!!!' at my tv.

It must be really comforting to be able to chalk everything up to the 'Kyle Excuse'. Her re-inventing a season's worth of history to make herself feel better about having made zero impact on the game to this point is so convenient huh?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

No reason for anymore backdoors this season now that everyone plays in Veto.  Michael should have to win either HoH or Veto every week now or get sent packing.  Anyone who doesn't nominate Michael from now on should themselves get a penalty nom for stupidity. 

I'm not sure if Michael is really that good at comps or if everyone else is totally hopeless.  I think it's the former.

24 seasons in, and we finally have a contestant who is actually able to follow the most basic strategy of BB - Win a comp every week to stay safe.  That's all there is to it! lol

(At this point, Michael deserves to win, but I still hope to see a late-season shake-up.)

• Love 1

The reasoning for Terrance not picking Turner should have been "sorry Turner, I know we're close but you blamed me for the back door plot last week so in the slight chance I win veto I need you to be available to go up on the block so I can't have you playing/winning" not "boo hoo he hurt my feelings and now I'm not sure if he'd use it on me"

I'm not a feed watcher so maybe there's a reason for the Michael hate that I'm unaware of but I don't get why people don't want him to win. He's the most strategic and he's won a lot of comps! And if he saves himself in the coming weeks by either winning comps or talking people out of targeting him he deserves it! 

"It's too predictable if he wins" well, it's predictable because he's that good! Instead of being mad that he's dominating, be mad that the rest of them all suck and don't present a challenge to him! Lol

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

The reasoning for Terrance not picking Turner should have been "sorry Turner, I know we're close but you blamed me for the back door plot last week so in the slight chance I win veto I need you to be available to go up on the block so I can't have you playing/winning" not "boo hoo he hurt my feelings and now I'm not sure if he'd use it on me"

I'm not a feed watcher so maybe there's a reason for the Michael hate that I'm unaware of but I don't get why people don't want him to win. He's the most strategic and he's won a lot of comps! And if he saves himself in the coming weeks by either winning comps or talking people out of targeting him he deserves it! 

"It's too predictable if he wins" well, it's predictable because he's that good! Instead of being mad that he's dominating, be mad that the rest of them all suck and don't present a challenge to him! Lol

100 percent. Michael is the best player, he deserves to win.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Monte sucks at all comps. He doesn’t even come close. He just runs his mouth. I’m good with not having to listen to him or Brittany after Terrance goes. 

Monte didn't suck at this comp. He had a good time.

Monte didn't suck at this comp. He had a good time.

They all had similar times except for Terrance, but Michael just smoked them all. I don't know what the record is for this comp but 9 minutes and some change is damn impressive.

Did we already know Turner was bisexual? I kind of liked those patchwork pants he was wearing.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Michael, Taylor, Brittany, and Alyssa all still beat him though.

I actually think everyone not named Michael is pretty evenly matched in comps.

And they all had good times. He didn't suck at the comp. Nothing you said negated that.

2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Why in the world would they want Michael to win? They are all competing for the same prize. Of course, they want him out. He's the biggest and best comp competitor. You never want the best at challenges and the ones with the best social game to make it to the end. There is more than one way to win the game. Strategically taking out the strongest players while not looking like a huge threat is one of them.

I really enjoy the comics challenge.  I, however, would be horrible at it as they so quickly have to identify the fine details that are the differences.  Michael's time seemed extremely fast (I'm not good at remembering past seasons, but it seems like it might be one of the fastest times ever for this comp).

Looking forward to tonight's eviction.  Either one going home is good.

23 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Why in the world would they want Michael to win? They are all competing for the same prize. Of course, they want him out. He's the biggest and best comp competitor. You never want the best at challenges and the ones with the best social game to make it to the end. There is more than one way to win the game. Strategically taking out the strongest players while not looking like a huge threat is one of them.

When samwise979 said, "I don't get why people don't want him (Michael) to win," I think he was referring to the viewers, not the houseguests. 

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Did we already know Turner was bisexual?

Yeah, it was odd that they just kind of threw that one in there like it wasn't a revelation... and everyone's response to it as well as Turner's explanation was super chill and drama-less. It just seemed oddly timed/placed within the episode, yeah? It kind of rolled right past you almost. But good for him figuring out what makes him happy in life, there are so many people that don't even get close to figuring that out for themselves.

I personally appreciate any kind of non-normative "representation" in media, especially when it isn't done negatively and isn't then responded to with hate & ignornance from the people around them. This was a positive thing in my opinion. The more we accept or at least are open to differences in others the more we learn about ourselves I think.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Didn't want to end a positive post with negativity so I apologize for the dual posts here...

But... 🤔 does anyone else see the upcoming 'double' being even LESS insignificant than usual? I just can hear the mode of thinking now that the moment they hear it's a double they will simply revert to a 'limit the chaos/damage' approach and go for the easy vote getting rid of Alyssa (or Terrance should he be the survivor of the first vote, though it doesn't seem to be trending that way) instead of trying to make a 'big move' or 'statement vote' with the 2nd eviction. 🙄

It's kind of a survival instinct that we often see kick in with doubles. Like your brain doesn't want to scramble for a plan and get it enacted in the next hour, so that usually leads them to follow the 'path of least resistance' instead of the most logical/game smart path.

Yes, it would be smartest strategically to say 'Vote Michael' and be done with it; but I think in the moment they will instead come together as a group and think: 'Easy vote here, send home Alyssa and THEN we'll play out the rest of the game when we have more time to plan/find our way forward. We'll just do the easy thing here and collectively save our own asses to live to fight and plan another day.' 

Instead of 'what could be' (voting out Michael or another threat should he secure safety) be they safely jettison the last two outliers, and say "Okay, now we will settle this between us". It will indeed be boring and a let-down but I can see why, as a player in this situation I'd probably respond in kind.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I'm not sure if Michael is really that good at comps or if everyone else is totally hopeless.  I think it's the former.

I expect it’s a combo platter; Michael is pretty damn good, about half the other HGs are fair, and the remainder are pretty damn bad.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

When samwise979 said, "I don't get why people don't want him (Michael) to win," I think he was referring to the viewers, not the houseguests. 

Well that answer is also easy. A lot of people like diverse gameplay. The boring easy obvious choice just isn't the most interesting. Someone steamrolling the competition is never what people want. By and large.

17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Well that answer is also easy. A lot of people like diverse gameplay. The boring easy obvious choice just isn't the most interesting. Someone steamrolling the competition is never what people want. By and large.

Not me. I like games in which the winner is the player who played the best game.  Michael winning would be very satisfying for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2