Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Party Ways

• Start Topic

When Lindy was sitting there cussing at him, I think Miguel got crazy vibes from her because she did a 180 turnabout from "sweet" Lindy.  I think that's why he said he didn't like that version of her, and I can understand why he said it.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 8/26/2022 at 10:07 PM, gwen747 said:

All of this...100%. The more I watch of her, the more obnoxious she becomes.

Lindy is just as annoying too. No, you moron... it's not just "a phone call" to add a spouse onto your insurance. At my company, adding a husband or wife increases premiums by approximately $250. 

My insurance

single 100/month

mini-family 500/month

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

When Lindy was sitting there cussing at him, I think Miguel got crazy vibes from her because she did a 180 turnabout from "sweet" Lindy.  I think that's why he said he didn't like that version of her, and I can understand why he said it.  

Plus she used the word "fuck" and its cognates multiple times. Which - fine. I toss f-bombs on a pretty regular basis too but I don't think you need one in every sentence to make your point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/28/2022 at 12:54 AM, ECM1231 said:

That's why I could never understand feminists who made a big deal out of married women keeping their maiden name, which all began with a MAN.

No, names did not begin with a MAN.

A girl's last name is hers at birth. Do you think only a son has a legitimate claim to the family's last name? Think about it--you're saying that no woman in all of history has ever had a last name of her own. Nope. The name you get at birth is yours, no matter if it came from your mother, your father, or was made up out of the blue.

Neanderthals weren't born with surnames.

Historically, when people began taking on surnames, they often originated from locations, characteristics or occupations. Mary Woodhill. John Baker. Those names were not exclusively men's. Over time, the tradition came about that wives took their husband's names, but that was based on patriarchy and the fact that women were considered property. There are a lot of interesting variations, such as in Mexico or Iceland.

I'd never give up my name, but I have no problem with other women choosing to. I know several families who hyphenated. Live and let live!

Edited to add: Shout-out to John Moneymaker!

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2022 at 10:10 AM, Boo Boo said:

Hey Lindy, get your own goddamned insurance.  You're an adult with a job.  And a doctorate.  If you don't have insurance and you work in health care, your priorities in life are clearly not right.  Work more, get insurance. 

He doesn't owe you insurance at this stage of your relationship.    

I find her to be one of the most irritating MAFer of all time.  Her voice, her reactions, her constant talk.  SHUT UP.

Seems to me Lindy wants to have her cake and eat it, too.  She wants to work part-time, but piggy back off Miguel and be under his insurance.  Me thinks she wants to take care of any medical issues RIGHT NOW just in case they don't work out, divorce, no more insurance.  Nope, you can have insurance later, is what I would say.  You've been without it for how long now?  And suddenly you're all into it and want on MY insurance IMMEDIATELY?  Nope right out of here, girl. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 8/28/2022 at 6:30 PM, Sox03 said:

my wife, whose been published in her field for decades, immediately took my name because she was proud of being married to me.

So it's reasonable to infer you weren't proud of being married to her?

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
On 8/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, Sox03 said:

However, I dont understand why he wouldn’t put her on his insurance immediately. Maybe there’s more premium. Maybe she should have covered this sooner. But fact is, they are MARRIED now and if she lands in a catastrophic financial medical emergency the fallout is going to get all over him whether he likes it or not. Smarten up, M. You can always drop it after the divorce.

I think these circumstances are very different. First of all, I would say that most professional people who are employed have access to, and are enrolled in, employer-offered healthcare benefits. So I'm sure her asking to be put on his plan so quickly came a little out of the blue to Miguel.

Secondly, just "putting her on his insurance" is definitely going to increase his premiums and that didn't play into the discussion (on camera, at least). 

Lindy was so adamant about it, and then pulled the heavy guilt trip (so if she got hit by a bus before this marriage, what would have happened?) implying that he didn't want to PROTECT her that even I was a little put off.  

And despite the fact that she doesn't want to talk about the fact that the marriage IS experimental; that after 8 weeks they will indeed have it a decision day (she can call it whatever she wants; they will have to evaluate and decide); I most certainly understand his hesitancy to take on the burden of insuring her if, quite possibly, they divorce in 8 weeks. Getting a divorce takes some time, during which he would still be responsible for her insurance premiums.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2022 at 12:58 PM, Elizzikra said:

That was my overarching response to the whole thing - that there should have been two separate discussions instead of it being a negotiation like "if you take my name, I'll add you to my health insurance."

There is almost certainly more premium but it's probably less than she would pay for an individual policy of her own. She should pay that difference. I also thought that if she had any sort of medical issue, the financial consequences would be huge. It doesn't have to even be serious or life threatening; just a trip to the ER for appendicitis or a broken bone could be very expensive. She should know better. 

Having both changed my name and had myself added to my husband's health insurance, I can say reliably that it was faster and easier to get added to the insurance than it was to change my name. It's a pain in the ass to change your name, though there are services that help you do it. You have to change it in about a million places and they all have different rules and forms about how to do it. Some places you have to go in person. It's a huge headache.

Right, but as the poster above me noted, she doesn't have an objection to changing her name, just not yet.

So if it's too soon for her to change her name, but ultimately she would I suppose when she feels like their marriage is legit, why the fuck is she guilt tripping him over wanting to wait to see if the marriage is indeed legit before adding her to his insurance? 

She's not an uninsured child.  She's an adult that has a doctorate in her field, which is in HEALTH CARE, but would rather work part time and travel than pay for her own insurance.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2022 at 4:51 AM, eyelash said:

Constantly repeating that she was proposed to 3 times makes her feel superior to other women, much like Iris from a previous season kept wielding her virginity like a sword.

On one of the worthless filler shows they did after last season and before this one, there was some kind of clip show, and they showed when Iris told Keith that she was a virgin. OMG it was so awful.  They were laying in bed, and she told him, while having her hands placed under her chin and her head kind of cocked to the side, with sort of a "aren't I a sweet innocent thing?" look that was just revolting.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:02 PM, Crashcourse said:

Interestingly, I just looked at a photo of her and she has freckles just like Lindy.

Katie's freckles were bigger and darker and took up a lot of her face, and sort of made it look like she had bad skin.  Lindy's are smaller, lighter, and kind of highlight her face.

On 8/24/2022 at 8:54 PM, Crashcourse said:

Nate and Stacia look cool in the afro wigs.  That's all I got.  

They both looked great, but I could not get over how much better Nate looked in his wig!  He actually looked handsome (and that shirt looked really good on him), whereas in his regular life, I dislike his little rat-tail.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:38 AM, Empress1 said:

Krysten acting like her broken engagement is a huge secret is really weird. “I was engaged before but I broke up with him when I found out he was cheating” is all she needs to say. People should get that. 

Unfortunately, according to her, when she told guys in the past, they basically blamed her and were unsympathetic.  I don't get that, unless it was some sort of ]guy code' thing where they were showing solidarity with their fellow male, and maybe even indicating that infidelity shouldn't be that big a deal.  Sounds like her picker was broken!

But did any of their guests do the theme? Same with Alexis and Justin. Most if the guests were in regular clothes. 

Stacia said something sort of under her breath about how they forgot to tell their guests the theme.  Seems like it has to be more than that, because as organized and particular as she appears, there is no way she would have let that happen.

So tacky. You don’t discuss personal business in front of company. Inserting their friends into their fight was rude. They didn’t come there for that.

Given how many people did this at the various parties, I think production must have required them to have someone bring it up.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I dislike his little rat-tail.

What am I missing that he would continue to appear with that unkempt "thing" hanging down the back of his head?

I could venture a guess but will refrain in the interests of civility 😄

I wish Miguel had suggested that Lindy get her own insurance from her employer. I wonder what she would have said. She should be working full time at this point in her life and career. What a lazy entitled brat.  Miguel said he’d put her on probably to keep getting laid for the rest of the 8 weeks. I don’t think he really wants her to take his last name, it was a stall tactic to shut her up. I doubt they will make it. 

Why does Krysten have to agree to Mitches extreme ways? She indicated that she spent way more on the jello cups that he wanted. If it was that important to him, he should have taken his lazy cheap ass to the store and paid for them. Also  I take his complaints about the dog as him being a shitty human despite his environmental tirades.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Krysten acting like her broken engagement is a huge secret is really weird. “I was engaged before but I broke up with him when I found out he was cheating” is all she needs to say. People should get that. 

Unfortunately, according to her, when she told guys in the past, they basically blamed her and were unsympathetic.  I don't get that

I think it has to do with the thought that she must have been "less than" if someone seeked out someone else while in a relationship with her.

35 minutes ago, Retired at last said:
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I wish Miguel had suggested that Lindy get her own insurance from her employer.

I think she might be self-employed? She seems to be able to set her own hours sand pick when she wants to work.

I think she works for an agency. The pay is MUCH better than a setting like a hospital, but no benefits.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

She should be working full time at this point in her life and career. 

In theory, I disagree. If Lindy can meet her financial obligations and support herself working just part time, good for her! No one on his/her deathbed ever died wishing they'd spent more time at work.

Where this argument falls apart for me is that Lindy apparently isn't meeting her financial obligations. It doesn't bother me that she has student loans; a lot of people do. I don't think we know if she is paying them off at all but if she is completely defaulting on payments, that would bother me. But her not having health insurance when she is in a high enough paid job to have it, and sees daily how important it is - that's pretty financially irresponsible to me. She should have had it on her own before she married and if it made financial sense for she and Miguel to be on the same policy (through either of their employers) after they married, that's also fine but she shouldn't expect him to pay for her coverage.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

On one of the worthless filler shows they did after last season and before this one, there was some kind of clip show, and they showed when Iris told Keith that she was a virgin. OMG it was so awful.  They were laying in bed, and she told him, while having her hands placed under her chin and her head kind of cocked to the side, with sort of a "aren't I a sweet innocent thing?" look that was just revolting.

Katie's freckles were bigger and darker and took up a lot of her face, and sort of made it look like she had bad skin.  Lindy's are smaller, lighter, and kind of highlight her face.

They both looked great, but I could not get over how much better Nate looked in his wig!  He actually looked handsome (and that shirt looked really good on him), whereas in his regular life, I dislike his little rat-tail.

Unfortunately, according to her, when she told guys in the past, they basically blamed her and were unsympathetic.  I don't get that, unless it was some sort of ]guy code' thing where they were showing solidarity with their fellow male, and maybe even indicating that infidelity shouldn't be that big a deal.  Sounds like her picker was broken!

Stacia said something sort of under her breath about how they forgot to tell their guests the theme.  Seems like it has to be more than that, because as organized and particular as she appears, there is no way she would have let that happen.

Given how many people did this at the various parties, I think production must have required them to have someone bring it up.

Stacia and Nate both looked hot in their party outfits! They should both keep those looks going.....

I am convinced that those parties are 100% directed by production. Nothing organic about them. They probably have a script for everyone to let them know when to show up, when to dance or play games and then what questions the guests should ask their friends about how their married life is going. The fact that each couple only hosted about 6 people and all parties went almost exactly the same way, it's just too scripted. Who goes through all that effort for a few friends coming over, some dancing in the dark and then talking in broad daylight (Mitch and Krysten)! None of it is normal. Plus it's boring watching it happen FIVE TIMES!

6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why does Krysten have to agree to Mitches extreme ways?

Because if she doesn't she is a bad, wasteful planet polluter. It's a no win situation. I agree with Mitch to find alternatives to plastic when it's available, but unfortunately, many times there isn't a swap. He needs to let her be and do what his own conscience can handle.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Well, Mitch did say that he understood that not everyone was as extreme as he was when it came to environmental issues, and I don't think he meant it in an "I'm better than they are way."  However, it could be exhausting for a woman to live with him, so he does need to learn how to relax and be more accepting of his partner's (who probably won't be Krysten) environmental habits. 

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

In theory, I disagree. If Lindy can meet her financial obligations and support herself working just part time, good for her! No one on his/her deathbed ever died wishing they'd spent more time at work.

Where this argument falls apart for me is that Lindy apparently isn't meeting her financial obligations. It doesn't bother me that she has student loans; a lot of people do. I don't think we know if she is paying them off at all but if she is completely defaulting on payments, that would bother me. But her not having health insurance when she is in a high enough paid job to have it, and sees daily how important it is - that's pretty financially irresponsible to me. She should have had it on her own before she married and if it made financial sense for she and Miguel to be on the same policy (through either of their employers) after they married, that's also fine but she shouldn't expect him to pay for her coverage.

Totally agree!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

The lazy brat wants to travel and lay around instead of work. While I agree that one should have a good balance, it usually can’t happen right out of the gate with student loan debt and no insurance. It usually takes several years of work to get to play all the time. I’m not saying she needs to work 7 days a week, it sounds like, she won’t even do a 5 day work week! She sounds entitled and lazy at this point demanding health insurance from her stranger husband. Imagine the amount of complaining in store for Miguel if she were to have a child. My god she’ll be demanding several moms nights out per week. What a weak whiny woman child.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

He needs to let her be and do what his own conscience can handle.

Mitch seems very neurotic and the reason may that he has certain "issues" (maybe from childhood) that need to be sorted through before he can be considered  "marriage material."  His social awkwardness may stem from these unresolved "issues."

In addition, he, apparently makes a paltry sum from whatever work he does so he's accustomed to living a "lifestyle" regarding budgeting that conforms to his "bottom line."

Krysten, on the other hand, apparently, makes a decent living, and despite her dreary relationship history, seems very socially apt. comfortable and functional.

I cannot fathom ANY scenario where this duo lasts beyond the 8 weeks, and, even that's a "STRETCH."

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, Mitch did say that he understood that not everyone was as extreme as he was when it came to environmental issues,

But apparently this only applies to people he isn't married to - he's already shut Krysten down and forced her to do many things his way. She can't shop at her preferred grocery store, nor bag things in her cart; she's been given a weird reusable snack bags she didn't pick out because ziploc bags are bad; she can't use the poppers already purchased inside the hotel room after their wedding because the filler is plastic; she can't buy normal party supplies. It will never stop, and I am guessing if she started pushing back he would not be that understanding and would lecture her on how bad for the environment the things she is buying are. I think it would be the beginning of the end of their marriage.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

We don't know her situation though...with the pandemic, everything is topsy-turvy. Student loans have been paused for the last couple of years, and sure, while someone could keep making payments, there's always the chance that they will be forgiven (as we're seeing right now). I would hate to have paid them off, and then be like, damn, I should've waited and I wouldn't have to pay them at all. And a lot of HCW are really burned out from COVID, so I don't blame Lindy for not sacrificing her entire life to taking care of other people when her own physical and mental health need attention too. As I said, we really don't know her entire situation.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

And a lot of HCW are really burned out from COVID, so I don't blame Lindy for not sacrificing her entire life to taking care of other people when her own physical and mental health need attention too. As I said, we really don't know her entire situation.

Yes, and that's why she should have had health insurance.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, and that's why she should have had health insurance.  

Agreed. I don't know why she doesn't. It can be a PITA to find though, if your employer doesn't offer it, and even then it might be a barebones plan with a really high deductible. I don't even want to describe how much I am freaking out because my son loses coverage next year when he turns 26, and one of his medications costs $3000/mo. He cannot work full-time due to his disabilities.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
10 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Agreed. I don't know why she doesn't. It can be a PITA to find though, if your employer doesn't offer it, and even then it might be a barebones plan with a really high deductible. I don't even want to describe how much I am freaking out because my son loses coverage next year when he turns 26, and one of his medications costs $3000/mo. He cannot work full-time due to his disabilities.

I'm really sorry about your son.  

However, in Lindy's case, I find it hard to believe that she couldn't get coverage from some kind of plan.  I don't know about plans in California, but there must have been something she could afford, and some coverage is better than none at all. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

My point was, if he truly wants to be married, then he'll loosen up.  We all have to adapt to changes when we're married.   

He could lighten up but I think that would be like telling an Orthodox Jew to lighten up about observing the Sabbath. He would have been better off finding a like-minded environmentalist who wanted to live in a similar save-the-planet sort of way. 

I'm all for compromise but I think some core beliefs are so fundamental that there just isn't a lot of room for compromise.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

My point was, if he truly wants to be married, then he'll loosen up.  We all have to adapt to changes when we're married.   

My point was that despite saying he would, he has already shown himself to be inflexible. He actually called environmentalism his religion. I am not sure his own conscience will let him give her a pass. They are a mismatch because of this.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

But apparently this only applies to people he isn't married to - he's already shut Krysten down and forced her to do many things his way. She can't shop at her preferred grocery store, nor bag things in her cart; she's been given a weird reusable snack bags she didn't pick out because ziploc bags are bad; she can't use the poppers already purchased inside the hotel room after their wedding because the filler is plastic; she can't buy normal party supplies. It will never stop, and I am guessing if she started pushing back he would not be that understanding and would lecture her on how bad for the environment the things she is buying are. I think it would be the beginning of the end of their marriage.

I’m guess he’s already lecturing her and that’s why she has already acquiesced to his demands … such as the reusable jello  shot  containers that cost 20 times what the disposable ones did.  She was visibly annoyed about that.  I do not see her putting up with this for more than 8 weeks. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m guess he’s already lecturing her and that’s why she has already acquiesced to his demands … such as the reusable jello  shot  containers that cost 20 times what the disposable ones did.  She was visibly annoyed about that.  I do not see her putting up with this for more than 8 weeks. 

I also wondered how often those little metal cups would be used in the future. If the choice was the metal cups only, then I would maybe have opted to not have jello shots at all. Now they have 20 metal cups that likely won't get used again that they spent money on and will have to use space to store. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

We don't know her situation though...with the pandemic, everything is topsy-turvy. Student loans have been paused for the last couple of years, and sure, while someone could keep making payments, there's always the chance that they will be forgiven (as we're seeing right now). I would hate to have paid them off, and then be like, damn, I should've waited and I wouldn't have to pay them at all. And a lot of HCW are really burned out from COVID, so I don't blame Lindy for not sacrificing her entire life to taking care of other people when her own physical and mental health need attention too. As I said, we really don't know her entire situation.

Burned out from Covid? Did this chick even work during covid? I doubt it.. She should still pay her shit off if she can work a good paying job which she can but seems too lazy to do right now. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Totally agree. I think she’s a travel physical therapist working for an agency, which likely means she makes more than she would working full-time in one place (it would explain her few months on, few months off situation) but also means she doesn’t get benefits - which she knows, so she should have made arrangements to get health insurance (it also bugged me that she, as a care provider, was saying “health care” when she meant “health insurance”). What was her plan if she hadn’t gotten picked for the show? It sounds like her on/off schedule is intentional so that she has lots of recreation time - which is fine, if she’s covering all her bases. I was the first person to say that if Boston Steve didn’t need to work full-time, then he shouldn’t - but it seems as though all his needs were met and he didn’t expect anything from Noi. Lindy’s aren’t and IMO it’s her responsibility to meet them.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2022 at 7:03 PM, kristen111 said:

I was thinking the exact thing.  She might be a little lazy.  Part time is not enough.  Work full time and pay your debts.  She has to hustle a bit.  

I don't recall Lindy asking that Miguel pay for her insurance. She asked him to add her to his insurance. That would mean an increase of ... say, $35 per check? I'm sure she can afford that over a $35,000 medical invoice.

5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Whatever. 

Lol... Both assumptions and excuses start with, "Sorry, but I thought..."

7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Burned out from Covid? Did this chick even work during covid? I doubt it.. She should still pay her shit off if she can work a good paying job which she can but seems too lazy to do right now. 

That's the whole point of the expression, "burned out from covid". All healthcare workers were pushed to the extreme, helping and feeling all sorts of positions, working double, triple time, you name it, and they were still short help. covid burned out so many healthcare workers, I'd be shocked if they ever return. If Lindy has taken a few months off of doing physical therapy, good on her.

Doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, lab workers...those were the kind of healthcare people who got burned out during COVID. If anything, people were skipping things like physical therapy while COVID was spreading and the lockdowns were happening. I really doubt Lindy was burned out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't recall Lindy asking that Miguel pay for her insurance. She asked him to add her to his insurance. That would mean an increase of ... say, $35 per check? I'm sure she can afford that over a $35,000 medical invoice.

Lol... Both assumptions and excuses start with, "Sorry, but I thought..."

$35?  Unless he works for the government, it would likely be far more than that.

And given that she doesn't carry her own insurance, didn't care to, wasn't pressed about it until being legally married, I'm pretty confident she wasn't looking to pay the difference.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

(it also bugged me that she, as a care provider, was saying “health care” when she meant “health insurance”).

Bless you, my friend.  Although pretty much everybody does it.

Lindy, like all Americans, can have all the healthcare in the world if she pays for it herself.  Nothing's stopping her from going to the doctor right now; she just has to pay the bill herself, no different from how she pays for pretty much all other goods and services she consumes.

Of course it doesn't help that the law is called the Affordable Healthcare Act, when it's actually providing only access to health insurance, which will be used to defray the costs of healthcare.  But still.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

It can be a PITA to find though, if your employer doesn't offer it, and even then it might be a barebones plan with a really high deductible. I don't even want to describe how much I am freaking out because my son loses coverage next year when he turns 26, and one of his medications costs $3000/mo. He cannot work full-time due to his disabilities.

It's actually never been easier to find health insurance, because of the Obamacare Exchange (or states' versions of it), where you can see at a glance the premium, deductible, out-of-pocket maximum, and copays or coinsurance for every policy offered by every insurance company.  (Compare that to Medicare Supplements, where you have to contact each insurance company separately to see what they offer and how much it costs.)

Plus, nothing bought on an Exchange will be a barebones plan, because all policies included are ACA complaint.  And it doesn't have to have a high deductible, but of course the premium will be higher in order to get a lower deductible.

Lindy, in particular, could choose from a variety of plans, all under $200/month (29-year-old in San Diego).

And if she got one of these plans, she wouldn't have to pay the California penalty for not having health insurance, which is a minimum of $800/year, and more if she makes more than around $50,000/year.  Taking the $800 penalty she wouldn't have to pay into consideration, her actual cost for a $200 premium would be $133/month. 

But the whole health insurance landscape is incredibly confusing, so I actually can't really fault her.  I just wish I had the opportunity to explain it to her, and to see if she'd make a different decision.

• Love 3

If anything, people were skipping things like physical therapy while COVID was spreading and the lockdowns were happening.

I don't think that was the case. PT isn't a luxury. PTs were swamped during COVID just like all other healthcare professionals. They were the people who went into ICUs, moving the limbs of bedridden patients so their muscles didn't deteriorate. For people lucky enough to survive COVID, PTs were the people who helped them sit up; get out of bed and maybe start walking again - all things they needed to be able to do to get out of the hospital. So yeah - they are as burned out as everyone else.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that was the case. PT isn't a luxury. PTs were swamped during COVID just like all other healthcare professionals. They were the people who went into ICUs, moving the limbs of bedridden patients so their muscles didn't deteriorate. For people lucky enough to survive COVID, PTs were the people who helped them sit up; get out of bed and maybe start walking again - all things they needed to be able to do to get out of the hospital. So yeah - they are as burned out as everyone else.

It's highly dependent on what type of PT you do and what setting you work in. My brother is a PT, and was working in a clinic during the beginning part of COVID. He was put on furlough for a couple months because elective or non-emergency surgeries (which many surgeries that would then need PT are) were paused.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 9/1/2022 at 6:18 AM, Boo Boo said:

$35?  Unless he works for the government, it would likely be far more than that.

And given that she doesn't carry her own insurance, didn't care to, wasn't pressed about it until being legally married, I'm pretty confident she wasn't looking to pay the difference.

My bad. I realized that I haven't a clue about American health care/insurance. Here it would be another $35 a month for basic healthcare ($70) a month. More if she wanted to be covered for extended. Again, if she pays the difference, it's completely feasible for her to go on his insurance for 8 weeks.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

My bad. I realized that I haven't a clue about American health care/insurance. Here it would be another $35 a month for basic healthcare ($70) a month. More if she wanted to be covered for extended. Again, if she pays the difference, it's completely feasible for her to go on his insurance for 8 weeks.

In general one should assume that American health care and insurance is a) expensive and b) complicated. Miguel's employer should have a process in place for adding and removing people from their health insurance plan, but it's almost definitely going to cost him more than $35 or $70 a month.

• Like 1
  • Love 2