Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Party Ways

• Start Topic

I agree Lindy should be working full time and have already dealt with things like health insurance.  She still seems flighty and immature to me.  It appears to me that she is still thinking in the manner she was taught in her religious years- that it’s her job to look pretty  and be attentive to her spouse and it’s her spouse’s  job to worry about the bills.   She needs  to step up and be an adult regardless of her marital status.  However Miguel is starting to wear on me too.  He’s so inflexible.   Not about the ‘sugar daddy’  thing.  I totally get not wanting to be responsible for others debts.  However he did choose to be married to a stranger and when you do that, you get the entire package.   In addition, like  it or not, if Lindy had a major medical issue now without insurance or a legal issue,  he would be legally responsible to pay if she didn’t until a divorce says he wasn’t.  It’s in his best interest to add her to his insurance and then discuss with her where the extra premium will come from.  I wonder what he’d be like if they had kids.  Would he feel financially responsible  for them or not? 

Morgan is never going to have a successful marriage if she ‘ puts her walls up’ after every disagreement and her spouse’s failure to be perfect.  
 On the other hand, Binh isn’t any better.  He still thinks he was lied to in some way. No one has even said that she lied about needing one course for her BSN. He just didn’t understand how a person becomes a nurse.  I think the trust  issue involving ‘privacy’ is that she didn’t want him to talk about their argument and he did.  He also won’t compromise about his frugality any more than Mitch will about reusable stuff.  Trail mix in a cloth baggie - yuck.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Akexis - stop arguing in front of your guests 

Stop arguing and preaching period.  She’s a broken record.  Doesn’t she know men are not wired to read your mind?  Sit down and shut up.  What a nag.  He’s trying his best.

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Stop arguing and preaching period.  She’s a broken record.  Doesn’t she know men are not wired to read your mind?  Sit down and shut up.  What a nag.  He’s trying his best.

Since most of her friends are men, you would think she’d know this already.  
She checked out of this process the minute her dog was hurt and feels that Justin misrepresented his dog ( which is true).  However, she should have been watching the dogs just as much as him and she wasn’t.   On the after party episode, Justin said  that she went home after their argument in the apartment and did not return until after the candy store filming - the day of the party. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

am not surprise Mitch and Krysten are getting along great.  After all, he didn’t have to change anything about himself, compromise or make any sacrifices, because she was more than willing to do so.  As my grandmother would say, "she is either a Saint or a fool."

You’re right.  She’s giving in to him and not being true to herself.  She wants that marriage and child so bad she’s willing to give in to him.  He’s a lot of weirdness.  Good Lord.  Plastic and rubber are all about babies.  Bottles, pacifiers, diapers, etc.  He’s nuts.

im not liking this episode at all.  The parties and friends are just fillers.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I agree Lindy should be working full time and have already dealt with things like health insurance.  She still seems flighty and immature to me.  It appears to me that she is still thinking in the manner she was taught in her religious years- that it’s her job to look pretty  and be attentive to her spouse and it’s her spouse’s  job to worry about the bills.   She needs  to step up and be an adult regardless of her marital status.  However Miguel is starting to wear on me too.  He’s so inflexible.   Not about the ‘sugar daddy’  thing.  I totally get not wanting to be responsible for others debts.  However he did choose to be married to a stranger and when you do that, you get the entire package.   In addition, like  it or not, if Lindy had a major medical issue now without insurance or a legal issue,  he would be legally responsible to pay if she didn’t until a divorce says he wasn’t.  It’s in his best interest to add her to his insurance and then discuss with her where the extra premium will come from.  I wonder what he’d be like if they had kids.  Would he feel financially responsible  for them or not? 

Morgan is never going to have a successful marriage if she ‘ puts her walls up’ after every disagreement and her spouse’s failure to be perfect.  
 On the other hand, Binh isn’t any better.  He still thinks he was lied to in some way. No one has even said that she lied about needing one course for her BSN. He just didn’t understand how a person becomes a nurse.  I think the trust  issue involving ‘privacy’ is that she didn’t want him to talk about their argument and he did.  He also won’t compromise about his frugality any more than Mitch will about reusable stuff.  Trail mix in a cloth baggie - yuck.  

All these people are up there in age and are already set in their ways.  Hard to break.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think Lindy works enough hours to qualify which is odd. 

She could get an ACA policy, and if she makes little enough she can get a subsidy for the premium. California probably has a state exchange which would be better than where I live, which has none. Before I was eligible for Medicare, I was paying over $700/month in premiums with a $7000 deductible.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

I never took my husband's name cuz I didn't like it. But I am on his medical because he is my husband. Keeping a name doesn't mean you're rejecting the husband.

I have a feeling you and your husband weren't married on a fourth rate tv show, where you had the option to get divorce in eight weeks. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Did I hear right that Alexis went back to her house after the argument and LEFT her dog with Justine? The subtitles went fast and were hard for me to read. But something about her dog not eating and blood in the stools. He did not tell her? His reasons for not telling her screamed of ignorance to dog issues. But why why did she leave this precious dog, her "furbaby" with HIM??? Did I not understand this?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Once again, thank you all for saving my time. I fell asleep and although I do have it recorded, I think I have enough info from you all to know that I don't need to watch. I do agree with the people who said that the filler party scenes are annoying. I did wake up and see them all talking about sex, or lack thereof. At least Krysten and Mitch seemed to have found something in common! I still think that she has made up her mind and is just being mature until D Day. And I saw the end where Miguel said that he would be happy to add Lindy's name to his policy, but, as many of you have stated, it is way too early to start changing names. Yes, they are legally married, but they are still strangers!

I am wondering if they will ever hire a cast of people who are likable? Lindy is cute but so very immature (which was amusing to see her give everyone the coaching during their sex talk). And Krysten is pretty cool. I didn't like her at the beginning, but now I do. A big NO on the other women and all of the men. Miguel can be sweet, and I don't blame him for not wanting to be a sugar daddy. He does need time to see if that's all she wants. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, geej said:

Did I hear right that Alexis went back to her house after the argument and LEFT her dog with Justine? The subtitles went fast and were hard for me to read. But something about her dog not eating and blood in the stools. He did not tell her? His reasons for not telling her screamed of ignorance to dog issues. But why why did she leave this precious dog, her "furbaby" with HIM??? Did I not understand this?

I think she left after  the argument about the fact the dog hadn’t  eaten for two days.  

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, Spectator said:

Hmmm, not loving some of the women in this episode. 

1. Morgan is so unforgiving. If she’s going to hold every single thing over this guy’s head, this relationship is done. Interesting that she admitted that she lied to the producers about having completed her schooling, and she doesn’t seem to feel that that lie is a big deal. But when Bini verbalized concern about that lie she saw that as the problem -granted he probably shouldn’t have verbalized it outside of the marriage but he quickly forgave her lie and he ended up being the one apologizing, to a still unforgiving Morgan. When she was the one that lied. They both need to forgive and forget. Hard lines like Morgan’s are recipes for failure.

2. Alexis takes zero responsibility for her own mistakes. Every single issue is all Justin’s fault. And yes, despite what she thinks, she does like to argue, because she always has to be right. So if someone doesn’t agree with her, she argues, shuts down the conversation snd storms off. I’m trying to understand why she thinks so highly of herself - I find her to be quite unpleasant. 

3. Lindy with her insistence of being on Miguel’s insurance after only 2 weeks of marriage seems a little pushy. Is it urgent? Has she deferred seeing a doctor until she was married, hoping her new stranger spouse would insure her? It almost makes it seem like getting insurance was actually one of her reasons she wanted to marry a stranger. That’s just weird. She lives in CA where health insurance is heavily subsidized if you have lower income, sometimes as little as $1 a month. Why doesn’t she have insurance? Why doesn’t she have a full time job? All of that, plus her debt and her insistence that he not question how she spends her excessive free time, are warning signs - she’s really sending a message that she can’t take care of herself, which is a bad message to a guy like Miguel who explicitly didn’t want to be a sugar daddy. I think they both should wait until the 8 weeks are over to discuss all of the standard considerations of a normal marriage -medical insurance, name change, joint accounts, etc. Plus, adding her to his insurance requires more that a phone call (there’s a bit of paperwork) and will almost surely cost Miguel extra money each month. Does she just expect him to cover that?? Plus if they get divorced, he’ll have to wait for documentation to take her off the insurance (remember how long Amber had to wait for her divorce from her nomad basketball playing husband from a few seasons ago?). Also, do you really want to document with your company that you were married for only a handful of weeks (a la Britney Spears)? Bottom line- I think they should of held off on the name and the insurance for a bit, but it looks like Miguel agreed. Very kind of him.

Krysten continues to be pretty chill and accommodating though. I’m a fan. I wonder if she really can accommodate Mitch’s rules forever though. He’s quite uncompromising. Stacia seems to be calling the shots in her relationship but Nate seems fine with it, so far anyway. But again, that could wear him down over time too. We’ll see. 

I think they all have lots of thinking to do.  Show getting a little too raunchy with the sex talk.  That’s between husband and wife, not the world.  Relatives are watching .. Fathers too.  TMI.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

So here we are-Mitch very clearly told his friend and brother that he can't expect Krysten to be like him (in regards to his environmental practices) overnight thus implying that he DOES expect her to become like him regarding his practices.  Yet, during the application/interview shows he clearly told Pastor Cal that he did not expect his wife to change everything-just to accept him.  I really don't like Mitch, especially as he seems like a toddler in his terrible twos who demands everything to be done his way.  Does he even consider that paper products (not plastic, but paper) are biodegradable while the metal shot glasses will never (well, at least not for several decades) be environmentally friendly?  I think Mitch likes the attention that he receives due to his "specialness."  And, my gosh, what horrible presents he gives her-garbage that other people threw away (the "reusable" pouch-ugh!).

Lindy lost me when she blew up at Miguel.  I guess her 'sheltered' upbringing didn't shelter her from everything.  How entitled is she that it's always what she wants and if she doesn't get it she becomes 'defensive (or in my words rude and accusatory).'  I wonder if she is someone who got her doctorate because she could continue to get student loans to stay in school which meant putting off having to work until there was no more schooling.  I get that she wants assurances (well, actually, after this episode it seems like she wants insurances), but so does Miguel.  This is where compromise comes in.  But, she doesn't want to compromise as it is about just what she wants.  Very similar to Alexis.

Morgan should just quit the show.  She stated that she never forgives, she move on when hurt.  Well, marriage (actually any relationship) is going to involve hurt.  

• Like 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Since most of her friends are men, you would think she’d know this already.  
She checked out of this process the minute her dog was hurt and feels that Justin misrepresented his dog ( which is true).  However, she should have been watching the dogs just as much as him and she wasn’t.   On the after party episode, Justin said  that she went home after their argument in the apartment and did not return until after the candy store filming - the day of the party. 

She should take half the blame regarding the dog situation.  She was walking around blabbing as per usual, and not watching her dog.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

Lindy is a child married to an adult.  I agree that going to school is easy, when you're really smart, but work can be hard once you graduate into adulthood with a job, insurance and a 401k plan.

She might not really like the profession she worked so hard for.  My friends daughter went to school and became a pharmacist.  Never worked a day.  Got married and became a realtor!

Expecting Miguel to pick up her slack could come back and bite her in the butt!

• Love 3

Just to give Justin some slack I think he works from home and her dog is his job.  The dog might have been fed and sick when she was not there and as usual Justin failed to share maybe because he's still scared of her from his dog biting hers.

Poor little pup seems to be the one suffering from this union!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Lindy needs to calm down about insurance and stop trying to make him look like a bad guy. I think she wanted her PhD to say she has a PhD but wants a man to take care of her financially. I wouldn’t be surprised if she quit her job. 

She doesn't have a PhD.

She has a DPT, which is what she has to have in order to be a physical therapist.

17 hours ago, Retired at last said:

And she made sure that she told Miguel that he cannot be judgmental about when and how often she worked and what she did in her free time. Considering that she does have student loan debt, that seems too irresponsible and self-indulgent to me. If it were me, you bet I would be passing judgment!

Repayments of federal student loans have been paused, and not accruing interest, since March 2020, and the expiration of the pause was just extended to December 31, 2022.  I'm not saying that Lindy has explored all the ins and outs of repaying her loans, but it's more complex than it appears.

And really, with all the uncertainty about whether and how much student loan debt is going to be forgiven, I'd think long and hard before paying any off.  Which is really a shitty position to put student borrowers in:  I'd be pissed if I paid off my student debt like I'm supposed, to, only to find out that if I hadn't, it would have gotten forgiven.  Or if I paid out of pocket for college, only to find out that if I'd borrowed that money instead I wouldn't have to pay it back.  What a mess.

Back to the show--I think what happened is that her student loans were in abeyance, she's not paying for health insurance, she may have been laid off due to Covid and maybe collecting unemployment, so she had a pretty rosy financial picture for a while there without having to work.  Of course it won't last forever, but she's in a high-demand occupation that makes decent money.

4 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

She could get an ACA policy, and if she makes little enough she can get a subsidy for the premium.

At her age, she can get a high-deductible policy for about $300/month, and the premium would be lower if she's making less than about $50,000/year.

6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

On the other hand, Binh isn’t any better.  He still thinks he was lied to in some way. No one has even said that she lied about needing one course for her BSN. He just didn’t understand how a person becomes a nurse. 

That's what I think happened.  What boggles my mind is how his conclusion that she wasn't actually a nurse didn't get cleared up in the next 30 seconds.  With a question like, say, "Where do you work?" 

Is it possible that he concluded she wasn't a nurse, didn't tell her that's what he concluded and didn't ask her to clarify, and went running off to Justin to tell him about her deception?  Yikes.

3 hours ago, geej said:

But why why did she leave this precious dog, her "furbaby" with HIM???

As if she would ever call him her furbaby.  That would mean acknowledging he's a dog, and the only indication I've seen of her willingness to do that is when she called a veterinarian instead of taking him to the ER.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lindy is a child married to an adult.  I agree that going to school is easy, when you're really smart, but work can be hard once you graduate into adulthood with a job, insurance and a 401k plan.

She might not really like the profession she worked so hard for.  My friends daughter went to school and became a pharmacist.  Never worked a day.  Got married and became a realtor!

Expecting Miguel to pick up her slack could come back and bite her in the butt!

What do they call them, Career Students?  They prefer going to school than working.  Meanwhile, they have no money and health insurance.  Working part time is a sign of laziness in her situation.  Then she twists it around and lays it on Miguel, who will look like a cad if he doesn’t take care of her after only two weeks.  I don’t think she likes her job.  My daughter has a degree in Psychology, but wound up working in finance on Wall Street.  The pay was much better and she had bills to pay.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Ugh - these gals are trying my patience:

Alexis is low key acting like Alyssa. There I said it. She doesn't really like Justin and she is looking for an out to put the blame on him for the marriage not working out. How did she not notice "her baby" hasn't eaten? My dog starts getting antsy an hour before mealtime and he's berserk if it goes 30 minutes past. She is a bad dog mom. And is there anyone left on the planet that doesn't know that Justin's dog attacked her dog? This has taken the place as her go-to now instead of "I've been proposed to three times". She continues to wear the worst outfits. She is very pretty, but the clothes are awful.

If I was Krysten I would be over Mitch. I do agree with him about the plastic, but to cringe when the friend brings her a coffee because it comes in a plastic cup is rude and ridiculous. Have a little grace for people - many times there aren't alternative choices! And that trail mix snack bag? WTF? It looked like one of my kids elementary school pencil bags. They do make nice reusable snack bags that don't look like they've been in the bottom of a kids school desk all year. She is giving it the old college try, but that is going to get exhausting. And why is her failed engagement such a "secret"? Who cares - she didn't do anything wrong!

Lindy and Miguel - good lord. They've been married for five minutes and despite plumbing the depths of their "deep darkies" this argument should have waited until post decision day. What good does it do to go through the hassle of changing your name or adding someone to your insurance if you're getting divorced in a matter of weeks? They were both ridiculous. I'm not team anybody in this argument, but she did go kind of crazy about it, so for that I guess I prefer Miguel's calm response. She did apologize though so hmmm....I do still like them. I was kind of blown away by Miguel's gushing. We'll see if her uptight meltdowns end up destroying his "oasis"........

Morgan needs to piss or get off the pot. Sweet Jesus, let it go. I still care not one bit about these two. When he got Covid they should have just been dropped. It's not happening.

Stacia and Nate FTW this week - both for the awesome outfits and the best party. I am liking them more, but his oversharing at the boys get together about their sexual activity was kind of TMI. I don't need that. Gross. Oh and also Alexis at the girls chat. Whoever said the sex talk has ramped up this season is right.

And re: the parties, I guess production limited them to only 6 guests/party? It's kind of weird to have a full blown costume party for 8 people. And in the middle of the day. Woman in grape costume wins. I am sure the whole thing is staged by production: "Now turn the lights down and everyone act like they're dancing!" "Now turn the lights on and everyone break into groups and have a heart to heart about how X & Y's relationship is going - be sure to drop some advice!"

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

My mother knows someone who quit being a surgeon to teach high school. Her parents, who had put her through med school, were FURIOUS.

33 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Back to the show--I think what happened is that her student loans were in abeyance, she's not paying for health insurance, she may have been laid off due to Covid and maybe collecting unemployment, so she had a pretty rosy financial picture for a while there without having to work.  Of course it won't last forever, but she's in a high-demand occupation that makes decent money.

When she and Miguel were talking about themselves at the wedding, it sounded to me like she intentionally worked less than full time* because she talked about traveling during her time off - she’d work a few months, take a few months off, etc. Her situation sounded like a choice.

3 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

What good does it do to go through the hassle of changing your name or adding someone to your insurance if you're getting divorced in a matter of weeks?

Were I to do this show, there is no chance that I would even entertain a conversation about changing my name until we’d been married at least six months. I’d take it completely off the table for discussion.

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Lindy is exhausting with all her do's and dont's regarding what Miguel can discuss with her.  However, I agree with the name change decision.  I never understood why it is so important to a man that a woman change her name.  I guess since I am not a man I just can't see from that perspective, but I remember asking my first husband if he would take my last name and him looking at me in horror.  If a man can't see a good reason to change HIS last name, how does he justify it being a good idea for someone else???  As far as I know it's a medieval custom from the days when a woman was considered "property" and we have certainly come so far as to not feel this is in any way reasonable in modern time.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
Just now, suzeecat said:

Lindy is exhausting with all her do's and dont's regarding what Miguel can discuss with her.  However, I agree with the name change decision.  I never understood why it is so important to a man that a woman change her name.  I guess since I am not a man I just can't see from that perspective, but I remember asking my first husband if he would take my last name and him looking at me in horror.  If a man can't see a good reason to change HIS last name, how does he justify it being a good idea for someone else???  As far as I know it's a medieval custom from the days when a woman was considered "property" and we have certainly come so far as to not feel this is in any way reasonable in modern time.

To me, it’s totally up to the person changing. I have a friend who, by her own admission, gets irrationally mad when women in straight marriages change their names and she acknowledges that it’s irrational because it has nothing to do with her. She’s a Ph.D and didn’t change her name in part because she earned the degree under her maiden name. Okay, great! But her sister or cousin or friend changing her name has nothing to do with her. The issue here is that Lindy and Miguel don’t know each other so they didn’t know how much the name thing mattered to the other.

• Like 2

The name thing infuriates me! How is it in any way Miguel's decision? It's HER name. Sure, you can give your input but then STFU. Why would it even matter to Miguel, I don't get it.  It is an antiquated custom, and if he just wants their names to be the same he can take hers.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

It's way too early for Lindy and Miguel to be talking about enrolling in health plans and changing names.  Have they not seen the show?  This is season 15 and for seasons 12-14 only two couples are still together: Briana/Vincent and Katina/Olajuwon.  Not to mention, the last time a Caucasian was in a successful union was way back in Season 10:  Jessica/Austin.  Lindy mentioned that the reason why she works part-time is because she likes having time to herself.  Which is most likely why she doesn't have health insurance.  Seems to me this is her problem.  What if Miguel decides to say "No" on D-Day?  The question is, did Lindy sign on to this experiment to have someone take care of her?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Just a quick word on the name change, I've been married 3 times all to women who have been married previously, 2 of which changed their name & one who didn't, it annoyed the crap out of me only for the reason that she kept her first husbands name because that was the surname her daughter used. Has any of them not been married previously it wouldn't have bothered me but as they had it did.

Didn't Katie (diabetic) want to be put immediately on her new/stranger husbands (young tall man) health insurance on a previous season?

Lindy seems to want the health insurance more than she wants to understand Miguel's position (and was so dismissive with the 'it only takes a phone call' comment; if she knows so much about how to get health insurance, why doesn't she, you know, get her own health insurance?).

• Love 9

What a bag of crap. I finally started watching after the weddings and scanned the honeymoons and loathe all of these people, except Krysten.

Newsbreak: Miguel, stuff it. Two of my good friends never took their husband's last names and each has been married for 45+ years. They would sometimes use Mrs. So&So at parent-teacher conferences with the less-sophisticated. Eff the patriarchy. People can do what they want. And they were all fortunate to have excellent health insurance (one couple would switch whose policy they were on, taking whosever was better at the time).

Alexi and Justin are awful. She doesn't know her dog is sick? He doesn't think to mention his can be troublesome with other dogs? I know his friend said guys don't think that way, but I'll give a guy once to pull the "shucks, I didn't think about that" card and then he'd know to think better. Those pups depend on you people!

Mitch. Ugh. Lindy. Entitled. Morgan. Not with this guy, I get it (forgive honest mistakes, but betray? Nope.). Bihn. I'm guessing this isn't the first hole that Momma's Boy has had to dig himself out of. Who else is there? Ah, Stacia and Nate. We'll see. I almost forgot they were there.

Edited by buttersister
It's Lindy, not Lindsey, like my friend who isn't anything like the entitled Lindy.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What do they call them, Career Students?  They prefer going to school than working. 

Someone who gets a bachelor's degree and then gets a DPT in order to be a physical therapist isn't a career student.  She went to the minimum amount of school in order to be able to work in that profession. 

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

When she and Miguel were talking about themselves at the wedding, it sounded to me like she intentionally worked less than full time* because she talked about traveling during her time off - she’d work a few months, take a few months off, etc. Her situation sounded like a choice.

It's not clear, but I agree with you that she works for a while and then takes off for a while as opposed to working part-time year-round.  And that it's a choice she's making.  But I think that circumstances made it easier for her to make that choice, since she wasn't required to make student loan payments and could very well have been getting the generous enhanced unemployment benefits (assuming she'd acquired enough work credits to qualify, although they may have loosened those requirements during Covid, too (like they did to allow gig workers to qualify for unemployment)).  I didn't have the opportunity to get paid not to work, but I'm betting I would have taken the government up on that offer.

I get the feeling she'd been working for about two years before Covid hit, so I'm not sure even she knows what her "regular" approach to work might be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think Krysten is determined that come hell or high water, she’s going to make this work maybe because she doesn’t want another “failed” marriage or near marriage to deal with. She is way too exuberant about Mitch based on what I see of him and I fear it doesn’t bode well and she’s going to get hurt again. 
At first, I thought she was dressed up as Marge Simpson at the party until I figured out their futuristic space theme. How not fun, to have to worry about pissing off environmental man or having him go off on one of your friends because they’re using a plastic cup.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Didn't Katie (diabetic) want to be put immediately on her new/stranger husbands (young tall man) health insurance on a previous season?

His name was Derek.  He seemed like a nice guy, but Katie just seemed to want health insurance.  It was too bad about her being diabetic, but I don't remember what her job was and why she didn't have insurance with her job.   They got divorced so I guess she was taken off his insurance.

Interestingly, I just looked at a photo of her and she has freckles just like Lindy.

• Love 1

Just thinking out loud here…Doing a jello shot out of a hard, stainless steel vessel can’t be easy. Part of the Jell-O shot process is squeezing the little plastic cup and slurping out the jello…how does that even work with stainless steel? I would think it would set in the cup and would stick to the sides, making it impossible to remove without being able to squeeze the cup to separate the jello from the sides. Do you need to make the jello separately, slice it up then put little cubes it into the cups? What a pain in the neck. Some situations just don’t have a comparable sustainable product substitute. I think jello shots is one of them. Poor Krysten. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Spectator said:

Just thinking out loud here…Doing a jello shot out of a hard, stainless steel vessel can’t be easy. Part of the Jell-O shot process is squeezing the little plastic cup and slurping out the jello…how does that even work with stainless steel? I would think it would set in the cup and would stick to the sides, making it impossible to remove without being able to squeeze the cup to separate the jello from the sides. Do you need to make the jello separately, slice it up then put little cubes it into the cups? What a pain in the neck. Some situations just don’t have a comparable sustainable product substitute. I think jello shots is one of them. Poor Krysten. 

She’s doing everything to please him.  What is he doing?  She’s more desperate for a baby.  Why does he have to be the Father?  He’s not the type to budge either.  I blame whoever matched them.  Two different views on life.  Not fair to her.  Clock is ticking.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I understand why Alexis was upset. Justin works from home, she goes into the office.  She probably thought she was leaving her dog with a responsible adult. Not someone who didn't read the label on the medication. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

His name was Derek.  He seemed like a nice guy, but Katie just seemed to want health insurance.  It was too bad about her being diabetic, but I don't remember what her job was and why she didn't have insurance with her job.   They got divorced so I guess she was taken off his insurance.

Interestingly, I just looked at a photo of her and she has freckles just like Lindy.

I think she’d just finished school. She was also around 26-ish, IIRC, so she might have just gotten kicked off her parents’ insurance. (She was pretty awful.)

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think she’d just finished school. She was also around 26-ish, IIRC, so she might have just gotten kicked off her parents’ insurance. (She was pretty awful.)

I think you're right about her being kicked off her parents' insurance.  

And she was awful.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Someone who gets a bachelor's degree and then gets a DPT in order to be a physical therapist isn't a career student.  She went to the minimum amount of school in order to be able to work in that profession. 

It's not clear, but I agree with you that she works for a while and then takes off for a while as opposed to working part-time year-round.  And that it's a choice she's making.  But I think that circumstances made it easier for her to make that choice, since she wasn't required to make student loan payments and could very well have been getting the generous enhanced unemployment benefits (assuming she'd acquired enough work credits to qualify, although they may have loosened those requirements during Covid, too (like they did to allow gig workers to qualify for unemployment)).  I didn't have the opportunity to get paid not to work, but I'm betting I would have taken the government up on that offer.

I get the feeling she'd been working for about two years before Covid hit, so I'm not sure even she knows what her "regular" approach to work might be.

I find Lindy funny.  She can’t afford health insurance, but she travels.  She has priorities .. maybe a yeast infection too.  Miguel to the rescue now that they are married.  Like she told him.  He should be concerned for her health now that they are married.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So here we are-Mitch very clearly told his friend and brother that he can't expect Krysten to be like him (in regards to his environmental practices) overnight thus implying that he DOES expect her to become like him regarding his practices.  Yet, during the application/interview shows he clearly told Pastor Cal that he did not expect his wife to change everything-just to accept him.  I really don't like Mitch, especially as he seems like a toddler in his terrible twos who demands everything to be done his way.  Does he even consider that paper products (not plastic, but paper) are biodegradable while the metal shot glasses will never (well, at least not for several decades) be environmentally friendly?  I think Mitch likes the attention that he receives due to his "specialness."  And, my gosh, what horrible presents he gives her-garbage that other people threw away (the "reusable" pouch-ugh!).

Lindy lost me when she blew up at Miguel.  I guess her 'sheltered' upbringing didn't shelter her from everything.  How entitled is she that it's always what she wants and if she doesn't get it she becomes 'defensive (or in my words rude and accusatory).'  I wonder if she is someone who got her doctorate because she could continue to get student loans to stay in school which meant putting off having to work until there was no more schooling.  I get that she wants assurances (well, actually, after this episode it seems like she wants insurances), but so does Miguel.  This is where compromise comes in.  But, she doesn't want to compromise as it is about just what she wants.  Very similar to Alexis.

Morgan should just quit the show.  She stated that she never forgives, she move on when hurt.  Well, marriage (actually any relationship) is going to involve hurt.  

Yes, the real and demanding Lindy showed her true colors when she demanded Miguel step up.  Two weeks in no less.  I’m surprised he caved into her so soon.  Did he forget about decision day?   Looks like she has the upper hand now.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Was Krysten serious in her response to Mitch calling her groomless wedding weird? 🤔 IT IS WEIRD!!! 🤨 A wedding is for two people to WED! She is bad with words. If she would've said her deposits were non-refundable so they decided to have a party instead, maybe he wouldn't have called it weird.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I agree that Lindy was acting entitled and overly demanding by insisting Miguel put her on his insurance--but let's not forget that she was reacting to his insistence that she give up her name, and I don't think that was fair of him (I get where Kirsten was coming from but taking a name or not is a matter of choice, the insurance thing is a different kind of issue).  I found his calm response to her being upset unsettling rather than impressive.  He kept saying, both during the fight and when they made up after, "I don't like this version of you."  Dude--screw you! that is so patronizing and withholding.  If my husband said that to me when we fought, I would get even more enraged!! Is it her job only to please him? She was right to say that they each had sides the other wouldn't like.  He is far from perfect and he can be a real cold fish.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Is Morgan's friend SERIOUSLY video chatting with her WHILE DRIVING?!?!!! I CAN'T EVEN with that recklessness!!! They should've said they couldn't film that & requested they do their call when he's not driving. TF?! 🤨🧐

• Mind Blown 1

Ok. Now Justin & Alexis are sad to watch. THEY WERE YELLING!!!! 😬😳 Justin is so defensive. Just acknowledge the mistake & say you'll do better. Geez! IT'S NOT COMPLICATED! She keeps harping on him because he defends. Not good. Express some understanding & forgiveness. Why she gave him the responsibility of caring for her dog is bizarre. She shouldn't just say she's done. She should say she needs a break from the conversation to gather her thoughts. How tacky of her to try to discuss their issues in front of their friends! AWKWARD!!! Justin was ridiculous in the candy store saying she gets off on them arguing. That was just plain stupid. They're such a pitiful mess.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Miguel & Lindy seem to have switched sides this week. She's supposedly all in, but doesn't want to changed her last name. I'm surprised she's so resistant. He's just giving it 8 weeks to see what happens, yet wants her to take his last name? ALREADY?!! HUH?!! Make it make sense!!! She should've flipped the script & asked him to change his last name. 🤣🤣 The profanity was uncalled for. He was understanding about her needing to be sure before making the change. She wasn't understanding about his insurance. Which, what was his reason? 🤔 Was he seriously tying it to her changing her last name cuz that's not cool. The way she made her healthcare his responsibility was also crazy.

14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

As if she would ever call him her furbaby.  That would mean acknowledging he's a dog, and the only indication I've seen of her willingness to do that is when she called a veterinarian instead of taking him to the ER.

Alexis treats everyone and everything, including her dog, like staff.  We only exist to do her bidding and are expected to read her mind and know what she wants at all times, and hop to it ASAP.  She seems to thinks if she wears fashions meant for someone 10 years younger (especially if she spends a lot of money on it) she magically regains the figure of her younger years.  Constantly repeating that she was proposed to 3 times makes her feel superior to other women, much like Iris from a previous season kept wielding her virginity like a sword.

It's too bad Mitch the eco-warrior and Binh, Mr.-unplug-everything-and-use-no power-beween-4-and-6 weren't matched up.  Although Mitch just comes off as sanctimonious about the use of plastic, Binh doesn't seem to mind if others use power as long as he doesn't have to pay for it.  It must be so painful for the 2 of them to see how much energy is used by Production in filming them.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4