Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: State of the Unions

• Start Topic

If Leo leaving meant Alyssa also would have been out, I would have been fine with that.  And with that said, I was a little disappointed they survived the arena challenge.

Regarding the actual challenge, somehow I feel like the blindfolded Survivor challenge where they are relying on a caller to help them find puzzle pieces is more hazardous than this was.  Although I did get a laugh when we saw everyone enthusiastically chatting in their cars, and then dead silence with Tyson and Sarah.  I was disappointed Domenick won that one.  I just don’t care for him (and I liked him on Survivor).  Like Enzo, for someone who hasn’t done much this game he sure got a little cocky from this one win, considering it mostly came about because other teams wrecked their cars out over getting all their balloons popped. 

Sarah’s still insufferable.  I half expected her to throw the challenge and try to get eliminated to spite Tyson, even if it meant her getting eliminated in the process.  Danny’s pretty cool, too bad we didn’t see more of him on Survivor.  His season was just weird in terms of editing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Kiki.  Drink!

Sounds like Leo left for the Challenge without making sure he left competent and knowledgeable people in charge who could do his system, and Alia isn’t in any way happy she has to run a bar or three.

Absolutely LOVED the car 1 chatter, car 2 chatter, car 3…crickets.

BALLS.  At least Kyland’s exit was classier this time.  But the male hotness of the house is down to two.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Kiki.  Drink!

Sounds like Leo left for the Challenge without making sure he left competent and knowledgeable people in charge who could do his system, and Alia isn’t in any way happy she has to run a bar or three.

Absolutely LOVED the car 1 chatter, car 2 chatter, car 3…crickets.

BALLS.  At least Kyland’s exit was classier this time.  But the male hotness of the house is down to two.

Was the Leo/Girlfriend argument fake? That was really bizarre… 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

*sigh* The one person who had the most to lose at home, and it was a Racer. Damn it, Leo. How much notice did you get to play? Was there a time where you could have left clear instructions for those you'd leave behind?

It's just . . . he's a Racer. I hold TAR to be the best show out there. Thinking of Leo bailing, TJ doing the "hope to see you never" bullshit, and everyone left on the cast bad mouth him . . . it made me a bit sick. And I know his coming out was probably not the best idea, even if the payoff could have set him and his businesses up for years to come. But . . . he's a Racer, and I gotta root for TAR. Given the lack of promotion for the upcoming season, it's clear CBS isn't sharing my enthusiasm.

Bright side: mission and Arena were boss. Real life version of Mario Kart Battle Royale, complete with balloons? Awesome. Arena looked like the producers thought it out, even with the potential for injury. Leo and What's-Her-Name win, two more people I don't care about go home, and Teege decides to kill the Algorithm. Good episode.

I'm not invested with the show, but I want to see Tyson lose. I'm tired of people drink his punch, both on the show and in social media. He's a rat-faced twerp playing for the cameras. That's it.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Is Danny contractually obligated to mention his wife every episode?

I loved the shot of Tyson and Sarah’s car with the cricket sound effects. I wish they’d hire this sound effects crew for Big Brother.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I was happy to see Kyland out.  The guy just rubs me the wrong way.  

I was doing a happy dance when he was eliminated!  Once again, he tried blaming his partner (Kyra couldn't get up quick enough).  Also, who "studies" trivia?   He is athletic and a good competitor, but no one is as great as the Kyland that lives in his own mind.

I really liked the actual challenge.  It was fun watching something different.

• Love 4

The Daily was good but not as good as it sounded when described.

Really the last car standing was the one that never got stopped by other cars, barrels or the walls.

They didn't make it clear that going into a wall would cause the black smoke to come out eliminating the car.

When TJ talked about knocking other cars out, I thought some teams were going to try to T-bone or ram cars from  behind that were stuck.  So for safety, if the car got stuck, it makes sense to rule them out.

As for taking the shot it was good, they were going to get one of the top 3 performers out of there.  But probably the move would be to take out those who could just outrun your for miles and miles.  Kyland is one of those certainly.  But it won't be pure fitness, they will have to do puzzles and probably eat some gnarly stuff.

Wasn't sure Alyssa would be able to lift the balls over her head.  Kyra was struggling too.

I don't know how many total balls they had for the 6 slots.  It could have been trial and error at the end but there were some answers which they could be sure of.

It just worked out that the finish was close so there was some tension and suspense.

Really one of the best eliminations like TJ said.

Now Leo is talking about how he won't go home after all.

Looks like most of them now have enough to go to the Final but of course there will be some culling probably to get down to maybe 10 total challengers for the final, with them winnowed down further after the first day.

So the algorithm is gone, maybe it won't be a team game any more.

8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

*sigh* The one person who had the most to lose at home, and it was a Racer. Damn it, Leo. How much notice did you get to play? Was there a time where you could have left clear instructions for those you'd leave behind?

It's just . . . he's a Racer. I hold TAR to be the best show out there. Thinking of Leo bailing, TJ doing the "hope to see you never" bullshit, and everyone left on the cast bad mouth him . . . it made me a bit sick. And I know his coming out was probably not the best idea, even if the payoff could have set him and his businesses up for years to come. But . . . he's a Racer, and I gotta root for TAR. Given the lack of promotion for the upcoming season, it's clear CBS isn't sharing my enthusiasm.

Bright side: mission and Arena were boss. Real life version of Mario Kart Battle Royale, complete with balloons? Awesome. Arena looked like the producers thought it out, even with the potential for injury. Leo and What's-Her-Name win, two more people I don't care about go home, and Teege decides to kill the Algorithm. Good episode.

I'm not invested with the show, but I want to see Tyson lose. I'm tired of people drink his punch, both on the show and in social media. He's a rat-faced twerp playing for the cameras. That's it.

On the other hand, racer Cayla was the champ (along with Dom). Good showing by her as I think good instructions were more important than driving.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Leo's girlfriend. does not seem like a good person to be with.

On the other hand, being with Leo may have made her that way.  I bet he's a trial on a daily basis.

Edited by bunnyface
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Maya said:

Was the Leo/Girlfriend argument fake? That was really bizarre… 

I think it was edited. I'm sure there are key parts of that conversation that we were missing. It definitely looked like it went from 0 to 100 out of nowhere. There's context in between that we didn't see.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I think it was edited. I'm sure there are key parts of that conversation that we were missing. It definitely looked like it went from 0 to 100 out of nowhere. There's context in between that we didn't see.

Oh yeah, I totally figured there was a lot of specific business talk they couldn't show.  But I liked her being a little fed up with him saying he sleeps all day like a cat (and I don't mind him or his cat references actually).  

I'm impressed that Cayla figured out how to modulate/project so that Dom could hear her over all the driving noise, since he was having so much trouble before they got started.  "Dreamsicle!"  "What?"  "Dreamsicle!"  

I had no idea how many studio albums Adele has, a rough guess at Angelina Jolie's kid count, and could only retrieve Sean Penn and Guy Richie for Madonna's husbands.  I guess she had more?  I suspect that on original-issue challenge the competitors would have struggled with the other questions and known these.  I definitely find this crew to be much more educated/able to do math, which I like.  I do know how many stomachs cows have, and not just because I once went to an exhibit at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia where you walked through a cow's digestive system.  When you came out the other end there were brown beanbags and at first I was all "oh, how nice, they provided somewhere to sit" and then I realized what the beanbags were meant to represent.  

(Figured they knew how much people love their permanent walk-through human heart and so they thought they'd do this for a temporary exhibit).  

I was half thinking that after the arena Leo would tell TJ he had to go home (and I think that Teeje would understand not wanting to harm one's employees...not the same as "quitting"....he has been understanding when people left for strong personal reasons before, just not keen on those who just wanted to quit for game reasons).  Then I wondered if Kyle would get called back to take Leo's place.  But no!  

Whoever it was kept saying Madonna had been married "a lot" but I can only think of two.  I would have no idea about Adele's albums.  I would have said 3 because that's all I could come up with.  Again, they kept saying "a lot."  If they hadn't limited it so that each number could only be used once, they could have been there forever.  

• Love 1

Sounded like Leo only wanted to let one person down (Alyssa) ... until he decided to let MANY people down (temporarily by staying in the race)?  Although he's hoping in the end, he'll do more good by staying and winning the money?  VERY confusing edit.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, Jobiska said:

I had no idea how many studio albums Adele has, a rough guess at Angelina Jolie's kid count, and could only retrieve Sean Penn and Guy Richie for Madonna's husbands.  I guess she had more?  I suspect that on original-issue challenge the competitors would have struggled with the other questions and known these.  I definitely find this crew to be much more educated/able to do math, which I like.  I do know how many stomachs cows have, and not just because I once went to an exhibit at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia where you walked through a cow's digestive system.  When you came out the other end there were brown beanbags and at first I was all "oh, how nice, they provided somewhere to sit" and then I realized what the beanbags were meant to represent.  

Did anyone scream out any answers?

On the the flagship, people will scream out answers throughout the entire elimination. This one... crickets???

Both the daily and the elimination challenges were awesome.  I agree the daily could be executed a little better (perhaps remove barrels and other obstacles to make it more of a derby), but I really liked the concept.  And I'm with TJ, that was one of my favorite eliminations ever.  I liked that it was a balance of "brain" and brawn.  I hope to see both of these challenges again.

I also was really confused about what was going on with Leo.  His girlfriend came off like an ass.  It sounded like the problem was that the credit card machines weren't working?  Why TF would Leo need to go home to call customer service?  Either he really did poor planning in being away for six weeks without someone competent to handle things, or his girlfriend is a drama queen.

1 minute ago, AntFTW said:

Did anyone scream out any answers?

On the the flagship, people will scream out answers throughout the entire elimination. This one... crickets???

Do you think there's a rule on this version?  Have we seen anyone be helped so far?  I can't remember.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 8/18/2022 at 12:49 AM, leocadia said:

I was doing a happy dance when he was eliminated!  Once again, he tried blaming his partner (Kyra couldn't get up quick enough).  Also, who "studies" trivia?   He is athletic and a good competitor, but no one is as great as the Kyland that lives in his own mind.

I really liked the actual challenge.  It was fun watching something different.

Lmao me. I used to read trivia books for fun as a kid. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I can't remember either.

Kyland has said in exit interviews on RHAP and on The Official Challenge Podcast that the other players couldn’t help them with the trivia.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

Kyland has said in exit interviews on RHAP and on The Official Challenge Podcast that the other players couldn’t help them with the trivia.

Hey, BMP learned from their past! It's a miracle!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, RockShrimp said:

Lmao me. I used to read trivia books for fun as a kid. 

Absolutely no offense intended!  Reading trivia is one thing, I was picturing Kyland literally studying it--memorizing random trivia as if he would have any idea what might be relevant.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:41 AM, Artsda said:

Leo's girlfriend. does not seem like a good person to be with.

Cut her some slack.   Look who she has to work with.

On 8/19/2022 at 4:22 PM, LadyChatts said:

Boo fucking hoo.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2