Type keyword(s) to search

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023)

• Start Topic

Looks fun.  Good cast.  My only complaint is Michelle Rodruguez's voice.  She plays a barbarian, so I suppose this is how she thinks they are supposed to sound?

Supposedly in that scene in the maze in the trailer, there is another group of adventurers, and one article says these adventurers are the characters from the classic 1980s animated show.  Would be fun to see them!

• Love 1

This looks like a fun movie, definitely interested in seeing it compared to any other D&D movie released in the last 2 decades. We saw a gelatinous cube, a mimic treasure chest, a black dragon and what I thought was an impressive owl bear including the transformation. Always liked Pine and he seems to be having fun here.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, blackwing said:

Supposedly in that scene in the maze in the trailer, there is another group of adventurers, and one article says these adventurers are the characters from the classic 1980s animated show.  Would be fun to see them!

I think half the cast of Eight is Enough voiced the characters in that show, but yes that would be a nice Easter Egg if this is the case.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BetterButter said:

Looks amazing.  Really looking forward to this movie, it seems to have the right blend of action, magic and humour.  Hopefully this will erase the memory of the Justin Whalin version and the awful direct to DVD sequel.

• Love 1

‘Dungeons & Dragons’ Directors on Ensuring the Film ‘Isn’t Just for Nerds’ and Why They Left ‘The Flash’
By Adam B. Vary    Mar 9, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/dungeons-and-dragons-directors-sxsw-the-flash-1235548380/ 

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have been to the SXSW Film Festival twice before — for 2013’s “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone,” which they wrote, and 2019’s “Stuber,” which they produced. But when the pair debut the action-comedy “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” as the opening film of the annual Austin event this Friday, it will be the first time they’ve done so as directors. They couldn’t be more excited.
“I’m not a huge superhero guy,” Goldstein says. “I collected comics as a kid, and I enjoy the Marvel movies. But what hooks me in is the story and the people in it. That’s how we approached D&D. It wasn’t about so much, OK, what monsters is going to end with? What dragon we can include? It was: Who’s our team? Because that’s the core of D&D. Who are we playing with at the table? Who are your friends? What are the characters they take on as their avatars, and why are we going to care about them? That was how we approached the whole movie.”

Both men played Dungeons & Dragons as teenagers, and Daley had a game going as an adult for several years before making the movie. But they also knew they had to broaden their film beyond the game — which has, until recently, felt inaccessible to anyone who isn’t a major fan.

“There is that stigma that you have to get over that this isn’t just for the nerds,” Daley says. “There’s something bigger and more cinematic.” They briefly entertained the idea that the film could be about people playing the game, but quickly ruled it out, especially after the release of 2019’s “Jumanji: The Next Level,” in which regular people become embodied as avatars within a video game.

“The moment ‘Jumanji’ came out, we said, ‘No, we can’t do this again,'” Daley says. “Also, it does a little bit of a disservice. It reduces D&D to just a game and I think that there is so much that can be explored within that world. And it’s hard, stakes-wise, to care about a character that you know as an audience is being played by someone who’s safely in their home.”

Instead, the directors let the action of the story be informed by the open-ended nature of how players approach the game, in which a party of fantasy archetypes try to figure their way through an elaborate campaign.

“It’s a lot of [the charaters] throwing ideas around, some of them kind of shitting on those ideas, and ultimately, seeing if that idea can come to come to fruition,” Daley says.

Adds Goldstein, “It was our way of capturing what goes on at the table when you’re playing D&D without breaking the fourth wall, or actually becoming meta with it.”

Edited by tv echo

From the 2023 SXSW Film & TV Festival (Austin, TX) on Saturday (Mar. 11)...

Dungeons & Dragons Directors Jonathan Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein in the SXSW Studio
SXSW   Mar 11, 2023

Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, 'Dungeons & Dragons' Cast & Directors on Making Film | SXSW 2023
The Hollywood Reporter   Mar 11, 2023

Chris Pine Interview Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves 2023 SXSW
StageRightSecrets   Mar 11, 2023

Just came back from seeing this, and I enjoyed it much more than I'd expected. I've never played Dungeons & Dragons, so I have very little context for it, but the movie was a lot of fun. The whole gathering-a-team-for-a-mission thing is well trod by now, but I still liked watching it here. It helped that the team played off each other well. Chris Pine was delightfully silly and earnest. Michelle Rodriguez was sarcastic fun. And Justice Smith and Sophia Lillis rounded out the group nicely. Plus, Hugh Grant hamming it up is always a good time. 

I also loved the visual effects, especially for Doric's shapeshifting. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed this although it didn't end as I thought it would. Simplistic story/plot. Sometimes those make for the most fun. I liked the world that was created and the characters in it. The team played well off each other, all of the actors did a good job, even the kid.

• Like 3

That was a lot of fun!

As someone who has played a lot of D&D (and is still an active gamer) I was probably biased going in but there was plenty of charm and humour there along with some surprising heart that I think even the non-gamers will enjoy. Hugh Grant and Michelle Rodriguez especially looked like they were having a ball with their characters.

• Like 5

I had fun with this as well.  It doesn't necessarily break new ground and some of the jokes were telegraphed but I was a happy patron overall.  I've never played D&D but I thought they did a great job of leaning into the humor without punching down.  It felt like laughing with, not at.  Nice casting from top to bottom.  Hugh Grant is having a bit of his own Rennaissance lately and between this and Ruse de gueree he totally gets the assignment.  

• Like 2

As a regular D&D player, I’m really happy to see that this movie is connecting with general audiences.  As I was watching, I felt like they did a good job making it accessible, but it’s good to see that that’s actually the case.  I will say there’s a lot of cool moments that feel authentic to the game- not just Easter eggs or references, but things that evoked the experience of playing.  A few examples:

- when they’re talking about Xenk, and everyone knows about him but Ed.  Clearly, the movie had them make a History check, and somehow he is the only one who failed.  Like even the Barbarian miraculously rolled a critical success and knows him- but the guy who sings songs about famous heroes and battles came up empty.

- pretty much every time the big red dragon is about to do something, the “pilot light” for his flame breath sparks.  At the start of each of its turns, a dragon gets to roll to see if its breath weapon is activated.

- As they are fighting Sofina, she animates a statue to attack them.  However, this is a spell that requires “concentration”- basically the caster has to focus on the magic in order to maintain the effect.  However, when she is hit by Doric’s slingshot she is distracted, loses concentration, and the statue reverts to normal.

- The last fight in general was very evocative of how D&D combat would actually play out.  Every player turn is assumed to be 6 seconds long, so in real time the various attacks and spells would be pretty rapid fire (not so much at a game table, when a player is trying to decide which of their dozen spells to use…).  Sofina does a bunch of stuff because she’s a boss, and gets to take extra actions in between the characters’ turns.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I watched this movie on Saturday and enjoyed it. Being a player since the very beginning, I was watching carefully for game elements that I would recognise, like the monsters and spells and magic items. This was much much better than the original (and straight-to-DVD) movies! 

I do wish the theater I saw it at had the big d20 and tankard for sale, though. I was sure that theatre was an AMC. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Being a regular D&D player I have really been looking forward to this, and it did not disappoint! I am really glad to see how much people are enjoying the movie, both game fans and casual audiences. I went with friends who play D&D as well as friends who don't and we all really liked it. Its extra fun for players who get all of the references and can compare the movie to playing a campaign, but I would say that even if you aren't familiar with the game its still a really fun fantasy adventure. The cast was great, all of the actors really played well off of each other, especially Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez, and Hugh Grant was clearly having a wonderful time hamming it up as the bad guy. 

The visuals were wonderful, a great mix of practical and CGI affects, and while most of our main characters are human or look close to human (probably due to budget and marketing to a broad audience) I'm really glad that they added a lot of the more fantastical character races in minor parts and in the background, like Dragon Born (dragon people), Tabaxi (cat people) and aarakocra (bird people) and in general they managed to make the world feel very Dungeons and Dragons, where treasure and taverns lurk around every corner. 

There were so many bits where you could almost hear the die rolling, like when Simon accidently knocked the bridge down and then recognized that the random staff that Holga had was a magic portal maker, that felt very "rolled poorly so now the DM has to save the party because they're stuck" or rolling really poorly one time but getting a great saving throw. Its really cool how they had so many moments which do seem to mimic actual play, especially at the end when everyone was taking turns attacking Sofina, my friends and I had a lot of fun afterwards figuring out what spells and classes characters were and it all mostly lined up.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

‘Dungeons & Dragons’ Locks Up $38.5M Opening: Is This Enough To Start A Franchise? – Sunday Box Office
By Anthony D'Alessandro   April 2, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/04/box-office-dungeons-dragons-1235314579/ 

Sunday AM: Paramount/eOne’s Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is settling at $38.5M, after a -15% decline on Saturday of $13.1M. Though north of $30M tracking, it’s below that nice round high point of $40M. Global is better than we expected at $71.5M (we pegged $65M) with offshore territories delivering $33M from 58 markets.

Does this opening rep the start of a franchise? Stateside, D&D outperformed its tracking over the past month, and still did not gross ‘enough’. However, the pic’s hold will be critical going forward.

“With great exits score and a $71M global start, the story on Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves isn’t going to be finished until well into its run,” Paramount Domestic Distribution Boss Chris Aronson told us this morning. The Melrose Ave. lot has been continually confident about this film.

Edited by tv echo

I might see this tomorrow, at the drive-in, or next weekend, for my birthday.  I wasn’t interested, until I saw comments here.  I’ve also watched a streamer who had a couple of baking streams, with the cookbook (sponsored). I don’t know if one is still up in her VODS, otherwise I’d link to it.  The cookbook looks good.  

A really enjoyable movie. The story properly zigged when I thought it would zag. My favorite easter egg was seeing the crew from the Dungeons & Dragons (TV series) as another group within the maze (they were in the cage). The displacer beast was cool as was the mimic treasure chest, and I really liked all the wild shapes from the druid. Everyone had a moment to shine. Having read all the Forgotten Realm novels it was also cool to hear all the locations and names that brought back memories from those books.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A really enjoyable movie. The story properly zigged when I thought it would zag. My favorite easter egg was seeing the crew from the Dungeons & Dragons (TV series) as another group within the maze (they were in the cage). The displacer beast was cool as was the mimic treasure chest, and I really liked all the wild shapes from the druid. Everyone had a moment to shine. Having read all the Forgotten Realm novels it was also cool to hear all the locations and names that brought back memories from those books.

I loved that cartoon, as a kid! I wanted to have the cloak that would make me invisible. 

This was okay. I saw it with the german dub, so that might have detracted from it a little, as it always does (there were times when the dub made movies better, but those are long gone), but even with the english dub I don't think I would have loved it.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Vox Machina, the Mighty Nein and Acq Inc., but a D&D movie just rattling down the standard tropes from 50 years ago just doesn't do it for me. Though the Mario movie did hit all the right spots for me, with a very simple story, so this one could have as well, I suppose, it just didn't.

And why the hell did that supposed Tiefling look like a human with horns? Do these people have no artistic integrity?

Edited by PurpleTentacle
On 4/2/2023 at 8:00 PM, Chyromaniac said:

- pretty much every time the big red dragon is about to do something, the “pilot light” for his flame breath sparks.  At the start of each of its turns, a dragon gets to roll to see if its breath weapon is activated.

Doesn't it roll to see if it gets its breath weapon back, after it used it in a previous turn?

On 4/2/2023 at 8:00 PM, Chyromaniac said:

- The last fight in general was very evocative of how D&D combat would actually play out.  Every player turn is assumed to be 6 seconds long, so in real time the various attacks and spells would be pretty rapid fire (not so much at a game table, when a player is trying to decide which of their dozen spells to use…).  Sofina does a bunch of stuff because she’s a boss, and gets to take extra actions in between the characters’ turns.

But them assuming that she's dead just because part of a building fell on her? You'd think people living in this world would have heard of Liches before. Did they all roll a nat one on their history or arcana check?

On 4/8/2023 at 2:15 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

The story properly zigged when I thought it would zag

When did it do that? I thought it was utterly predictable throughout.

1 hour ago, PurpleTentacle said:

And why the hell did that supposed Tiefling look like a human with horns?

Well, she also had pointed ears and a tail.  But in general, the phb says tieflings can be any typical human complexion, or various shades of red. Of course the key art is a purple woman, and there are many d&d tiefling characters with other colorations as well- so their appearance is largely up to the player.  I think the producers probably wanted to keep it simple for the film- they don’t go into what a tiefling actually is after all.  Or, it’s possible they just didn’t want to deal with body paint as part of the makeup - Sophia said that her horns were held on with magnets, and that she was going to have a physical tail, before it proved too cumbersome and was replaced with cgi.  I think the makeup they did use gets the point across that she’s something other than a human or an elf.  

2 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Doesn't it roll to see if it gets its breath weapon back, after it used it in a previous turn?

The monster manual says to roll at the start of the creature’s turn for recharge effects.  Personally I prefer for it to happen spontaneously on their turn like that, rather than let the players get a full round to plan for it.  Otherwise, I can think of at least one monster that gets an instant recharge when they take a certain damage type - that wouldn’t make sense if it could potentially get the attack back at the end of its turn, instead of the start of its next one.

2 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

But them assuming that she's dead just because part of a building fell on her? You'd think people living in this world would have heard of Liches before. Did they all roll a nat one on their history or arcana check?

Again, I think they wanted to keep some things simple for the movie.  I don’t recall them mentioning liches, even in regards to the Thayans- just that the assassins were hard to kill because they were “already dead.”  I do recall Sofina talking about how pesky the living are- so who knows with her?  Maybe the anti-magic cuff kept her dead post Owlbear mauling.  She could also be some other kind of necromantic Wizard that isn’t specifically a lich.  If there’s a sequel and she comes back, they can work out the details then.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

The monster manual says to roll at the start of the creature’s turn for recharge effects.  Personally I prefer for it to happen spontaneously on their turn like that, rather than let the players get a full round to plan for it.  Otherwise, I can think of at least one monster that gets an instant recharge when they take a certain damage type - that wouldn’t make sense if it could potentially get the attack back at the end of its turn, instead of the start of its next one.

Maybe my question was a bit unclear. It wasn't about "the start of the turn". That is undisputed. You said "At the start of each of its turns, a dragon gets to roll to see if its breath weapon is activated.", but it is if it gets it back, or in other words if it has recharged, not if it activates. The dragon has full discression when it uses it next.

Well, she also had pointed ears and a tail.  But in general, the phb says tieflings can be any typical human complexion, or various shades of red. Of course the key art is a purple woman, and there are many d&d tiefling characters with other colorations as well- so their appearance is largely up to the player.  I think the producers probably wanted to keep it simple for the film- they don’t go into what a tiefling actually is after all.  Or, it’s possible they just didn’t want to deal with body paint as part of the makeup - Sophia said that her horns were held on with magnets, and that she was going to have a physical tail, before it proved too cumbersome and was replaced with cgi.  I think the makeup they did use gets the point across that she’s something other than a human or an elf.  

Well, maybe put a bit of effort into your 150 million dollar movie. Especially when you cast an actress who has a face better suited for an elf. Painting a face isn't that much of an effort to make. Hell, it isn't even expensive to do in CGI anymore, as that's largely done by AI.

Sounds like the magnets for the horns were more for convenience of taking them off while keeping the hair in place than anything. It's not like she had metal implanted in her head.

Don't even get me started on that tail that matches none of the official art out there. Looks like somebody watched too many 1920s cartoons or played too much cuphead.

Again, I think they wanted to keep some things simple for the movie.  I don’t recall them mentioning liches, even in regards to the Thayans- just that the assassins were hard to kill because they were “already dead.”  I do recall Sofina talking about how pesky the living are- so who knows with her?  Maybe the anti-magic cuff kept her dead post Owlbear mauling.  She could also be some other kind of necromantic Wizard that isn’t specifically a lich.  If there’s a sequel and she comes back, they can work out the details then.

She was dead and 300 years old. For a human wizard that basically leaves one option. Also after she droped her disguise self, she looked like one.

Never heard of an anti magic cuff effecting a Phylactery. I mean how would it?

It might be that they wanted to keep it simple. If so I think that was a mistake. I think the Super Mario Borthers movie has shown that you want to make your movie for the fans first and make it accessable to general audiences second. Of course the second one is also important, but if you think about general audiences at every step, you lose too much in the process. You should not worry about that in the initial writing of the script. Just give it a pass at the end, to make sure you clear up unanswered questions.

Edited by PurpleTentacle
12 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

When did it do that? I thought it was utterly predictable throughout.

I thought the reveal that Edgin actually stole a piece of the red wizard gold which led them to come after his family and that it was indeed all of his fault was a slight twist. Sorry you found it so predictable, that can definitely lessen a movie in ones eyes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

It might be that they wanted to keep it simple. If so I think that was a mistake. I think the Super Mario Borthers movie has shown that you want to make your movie for the fans first and make it accessable to general audiences second. Of course the second one is also important, but if you think about general audiences at every step, you lose too much in the process. You should not worry about that in the initial writing of the script. Just give it a pass at the end, to make sure you clear up unanswered questions.

That's an interesting take because I have no history with the IP for D&D while I do have a solid history with Super Mario Bros.  I had a lot of fun with the former film and did not enjoy the latter.  It's probably nothing more than a matter of taste but for my money D&D had a much stronger script and story that can stand on its own while the only thing Mario Bros had going for it was the nostalgia.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought the reveal that Edgin actually stole a piece of the red wizard gold which led them to come after his family and that it was indeed all of his fault was a slight twist. Sorry you found it so predictable, that can definitely lessen a movie in ones eyes.

I actually don't mind predictability in a movie. I do mind it if the movie (the writers) thinks it's super clever. This was just a moderate case of this and I don't think it lessened the movie much for me. I guess the movie just didn't work for me in general. Maybe the predictability was one tiny part of the problem and there were a bunch of other little ones, like the lack of attention to detail I complained about above, that just added up.

Another problem with the ending was, that they got people out of the stadium with the trail of gold, after the villain had already begun conjuring a red death-cloud. How would that not have made the people flee anyway? Again, attention to detail. I guess that would have needed a major rewrite, since the death-cloud was what made our heroes come back, but like they had it, it just didn't make any sense.

And I don't even think this movie was bad. But it was just "okay". Probably also overlong. Could have done with only 90 minutes instead of 134.

Also sorry if I came across harsh. When you aren't writing in your native language, sometimes nuance can be hard.

36 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

That's an interesting take because I have no history with the IP for D&D while I do have a solid history with Super Mario Bros.  I had a lot of fun with the former film and did not enjoy the latter.  It's probably nothing more than a matter of taste but for my money D&D had a much stronger script and story that can stand on its own while the only thing Mario Bros had going for it was the nostalgia.  

I thought the Mario movie had a very simple script, but it was a fun movie with almost non-stop action that didn't overstay its welcome. If you make me sit through 40 more minutes than the standard 90, you better earn it and I don't think this movie did. It felt overlong quite a few times. Probably could have been cut down by 20 minutes at least.

Weirdly I thought the D&D movie relied a bit too much on the references, while in the Mario movie it felt more organic.

But movies are mostly a matter of taste, that is true. And like I said, I thought this movie was absolutely okay, just not super good, for me. So I can absolutely see how other people with different tastes can like this movie a lot more than me.

Edited by PurpleTentacle
22 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Another problem with the ending was, that they got people out of the stadium with the trail of gold, after the villain had already begun conjuring a red death-cloud. How would that not have made the people flee anyway? Again, attention to detail. I guess that would have needed a major rewrite, since the death-cloud was what made our heroes come back, but like they had it, it just didn't make any sense.

I thought this scene was for more for Edgin's promise to Xenk that he would return the gold to the people and that his group would not keep all the treasure. So it was more threefold in it's purpose. Give the spoils to the people, while also spurring them on to flee the area as well as keep Forge from fleeing as he would return for his ill gotten gains.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2023 at 1:39 AM, PurpleTentacle said:

Maybe my question was a bit unclear. It wasn't about "the start of the turn". That is undisputed. You said "At the start of each of its turns, a dragon gets to roll to see if its breath weapon is activated.", but it is if it gets it back, or in other words if it has recharged, not if it activates. The dragon has full discression when it uses it next.

I used the word activated to mean “ready”, or “available to be used.”  In retrospect the game wordage of recharged is probably the best description.

As for the other issues- I’m fine with how the film presents both Doric as a tiefling, and Sofina as a Red Wizard.  As always, ymmv.

• Love 1

I've never played D&D and I thought the movie was hilarious. Don't remember the last time I laughed so much in the cinema. It was predictable in a good way, it just felt so comfortable watching.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KatWay said:

I've never played D&D and I thought the movie was hilarious. Don't remember the last time I laughed so much in the cinema. It was predictable in a good way, it just felt so comfortable watching.

Hopefully it will have encouraged a few people who've never tried it to take a look at the game. I really liked the film but the heart of D&D is always going to be rolling dice with your friends (and then yelling at those dice when they come up the wrong number...)

• Love 1

Another non-player here with vague knowledge of the game.  I thought this was a fun adventure in a world that was new to me.  The overarching structure was predictable but I enjoyed the actors and the details.  The costumes and effects were worth seeing.  I appreciated the puppetry and practical effects that they used in places rather than going all CGI.

The Marlaman cameo was fun.

• Like 3

I knew I should’ve seen this in the theater! I am not a D&D player, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying the heck out of this. Fresh dialogue, fantasy, a fun cast, CGI that was pretty good, Chris Pine singing, what more can you ask for in a movie?

Hugh Grant sure loves playing villains these days.

Rage’s character was basically a sexier, more clean cut Drax the Destroyer and I loved it!

• Like 3
On 4/12/2023 at 6:51 AM, PurpleTentacle said:

And I don't even think this movie was bad. But it was just "okay".

Streamed over the weekend.  I'm not well versed in D&D, so any Easter Eggs were lost on me. 
The words that came to mind afterwards were "cute", "family friendly",  "competent",  "amusing". 
For me, the funniest, D&D game related scene was the Paladin's explanation of the bridge's overly complicated rules to avoid triggering a trap. 

• Like 2

I finally watched this. Of course, as soon as I sign up for thirty days free on paramount, it came to Amazon prime.  The day after.  
I liked it, even though it was predictable.  I knew what would happen, as soon as they were warned that the higher the intelligence in a person, the faster those monsters would strike… and then they didn’t attack any of them.  It still made me laugh.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm only peripherally knowledgeable about D&D, but I wanted to watch because I'm all for questing, magic, and fighting. I generally know the character classes, etc. I probably missed the easter eggs.

Pine & Rodriguez are excellent together. Who knew? I liked how Holga was totally ride or die. They look like they're having a blast. Quite a good cast for the movie overall. 

I like that everyone isn't talking all 'British olde tymey accents'. 

I think it was a good choice to inject the humor. The plot was brisk. That's the type of movie it is, but the actors all did well with the characters. 

I liked that Ed finally realized that Holga really raised Kira. I also liked that Ed and Holga didn't get together. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I liked that Ed finally realized that Holga really raised Kira. I also liked that Ed and Holga didn't get together. 

I liked that, too. It made me cry, because I miss my own mother.

I vaguely remember trying to play DnD when I was a kid, but I can't remember much, except the neighbour who was playing, making these little characters out of melted silver, or whatever it was. 

I should say, they raised her together, which they showed in the flashbacks. If this was a deeper movie, I'd say Ed was taking advantage of her to raise Kira, but they showed in all the flashbacks that they really were a family even if they were thieving around. To be fair to the script, Ed realized on his own that he had to use the tablet on Holga. He even said, "It was more about me bringing my wife back than your mother". And they had the whole scene about letting go beforehand. 

Just because a movie is kind of predictable doesn't mean it's not well-written. I thought the character development was fair to the audience. I caught on a little before Ed did. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Looks like a sequel is happening.

In an August 2023 interview with Variety, Paramount CEO Brian Robbins explained that there is interest in making Honor Among Thieves 2, but the biggest challenges is budget. “We’ve got to figure out a way to make it for less,” Robbins said in the interview.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2