Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

"Kyle – I can’t wait to tell people that I kissed you. "

I'm sure Alyssa can't wait to not tell people that she slept with him for 10 second stretches at a time.

9 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t know, I was about to say all I’m getting are ads for Ashley furniture and shoes for wide feet. (??) But then I scrolled to the top and there they are! Tiny puppies and kittens! I guess that’s the site’s version of “be right back” animals. 

CLOWN SHOE.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14

I'm glad I didn't bet back in July about who would still be in the house on September 1.  Because based on past seasons, I would have bet against Michael, Brittany, Turner,  and Terrance.  Michael because, let's face it, he wore a cat shirt in the premiere.  These four were nerdy in different ways, Terrance is over 45, and none of them were the types to hang out with the young hard bodies at the pool.  And, then add Taylor to the mix because only fate in the form of Paloma's breakdown kept her from being voted out in the first week.  No wonder she always looks so happy. 

Apart from being young and fit, Kyle was always a bit weird.  He's a 29 year old man who twerks and whose outside the house social group seems to begin and end with his mom and grandma Pat.  And maybe Alyssa knew from the start that the only thing that would get her to jury was a showmance, because she didn't make much of an impression on me at first.  

I probably would have picked Monte to make it this far, along with Ameerah, Joseph, and Nicole.  Nicole just seemed cool at the beginning.  

ETA, I just looked it up and apparently Kyle was the first houseguest to enter the BB house this season.   Am I right that no one has won who entered first, or has that "curse" been broken? 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I can only conclude that Monte is aware that Michael sort of saved him from going up and  out this week, so he doesn't want to take the shot himself, but wants an army of people to do it for him.

He also probably wants to hold on to Michael's jury vote.

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Terrance is by far my least favorite person to watch in the house. He's just so humorless and dour. 

And then the "your boy" in the DR, I just can't with this guy.

• Love 13

@Thalia - I'd also have never put money on all four of Michael, Terrance, Brittany or Turner making it to F7 - possibly one of them, but not all four.  That cat shirt Michael wore for the premiere should have (and did, TBH) pegged him as dead man walking, lol.  Brittany, with her crazy eyes in the premiere, also should never have made it this far - she's really lucky to have fallen into her friendship with Michael and become part of the LOs.  Terrance or Turner, in most seasons, one would have been gone early while the other skated under the radar and made it very deep in the game.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Thalia said:

ETA, I just looked it up and apparently Kyle was the first houseguest to enter the BB house this season.   Am I right that no one has won who entered first, or has that "curse" been broken? 

Some people argue that Tamar broke it on CBBUS2 but the celeb seasons are a spin-off and don't count IMO. The First In The Door curse still stands on BBUS.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LADreamr said:

I think that's the point, though.  There's no escape from having to be mindful of it all the time, even in a dumb summer game.  Even with people you think are with you.  

EXACTLY - and didn’t Monte specifically reference this in the Monte/Taylor/Michael conversation - that he and Taylor were looking forward to ONE SUMMER where they could actually relax, and not have to keep that situational awareness in the back of their minds every day…?

But now, here they are again - and all thanks to Kyle, the Incredible 10-Second Douche. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

Yes honest discussions about systemic racism in this country is very productive but why is race even considered in an alliance, nomination, or eviction process?

Ask Kyle - he’s the one who brought it up this season.

If the show has a history of racism then the show should be canceled.

But it’s not Production’s fault - mercy sakes, no! Or have you not seen the disclaimers?:

Big Brother is a reality show about a group of people who live together.  At times, the Houseguests may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that  Paramount Global does not condone. Views or opinions expressed by Houseguests are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the  views or opinions of Paramount Global. Viewer discretion is advised.

Chickenshit?  Definitely - but also legally defensible.

The current show is not the place to correct past wrongs that happened either on this show or historically in the outside world. BB is a "mind" game played in the present with alliances that should be based on goals that are not racial, the show is not a political hearing.

…unless the HGs make it one.

Personally I also wish BB could remain pure escapist fare, devoid of many/most of reality’s crap - just like Monte and Taylor were hoping this season, as well.

The show’s on-air staff are all humans, unfortunately, which means some of them are unable to NOT drag their personal baggage into the House and unload it on others.

• Applause 2
  • Love 15

Great posts Nashville.  And I’ll add one thing…the producers have already started twisting the narrative subtly so that Michael and Brittany are the villains, putting words into poor Kyle’s mouth.   Their choice to wait until the info could help their game is problematic but can be considered game play, albeit ruthless and borderline crossing the line gameplay.  However, Kyle has no excuses.  However, if you read comments, like those on the EW recap of yesterday’s episode, there are a lot of folks defending poor, misunderstood Kyle. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And good! 

I hope Taylor wins HOH because I want her to get it at least 1 more time. Michael winning is fine because Taylor is safe plus he might go after Turner, which is just funny to me. Brittany would be OK since she is unlikely to nom Taylor and she’s a hot mess of insanity so it could be fun. Taylor is safe if Monte wins and it could be fun to watch Monte target Michael but again if Michael goes Taylor is in trouble so Monte winning isn’t ideal. And I need the BB Gods to ensure Terrance and Alyssa don’t win.

HOH is most likely Zingbot which means a mental comp probably. I’ll be shocked if Michael doesn’t win tbh.

Anyone winning HOH should know they need to break up M/B.  I would rather Taylor go out on a blaze of glory - then just get dragged along week after week. 

I think her blind loyalty to M/B will end up costing - not just the game - but AFP.  Joseph is #1 on BB Daily.  Monte is #1 on Jokers.

7 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Anyone winning HOH should know they need to break up M/B.  I would rather Taylor go out on a blaze of glory - then just get dragged along week after week. 

I think her blind loyalty to M/B will end up costing - not just the game - but AFP.  Joseph is #1 on BB Daily.  Monte is #1 on Jokers.

Its not blind loyalty. Monte, Terrance, Turner and Alyssa are offering her nothing. No F4, nothing. They've just been pressuring her to take a shot at Michael.

M/B are offering her a F3.

No deal is not as good as a f3 with 7 people left.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Ask Kyle - he’s the one who brought it up this season.

But it’s not Production’s fault - mercy sakes, no! Or have you not seen the disclaimers?:

Big Brother is a reality show about a group of people who live together.  At times, the Houseguests may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that  Paramount Global does not condone. Views or opinions expressed by Houseguests are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the  views or opinions of Paramount Global. Viewer discretion is advised.

Chickenshit?  Definitely - but also legally defensible.

…unless the HGs make it one.

Personally I also wish BB could remain pure escapist fare, devoid of many/most of reality’s crap - just like Monte and Taylor were hoping this season, as well.

The show’s on-air staff are all humans, unfortunately, which means some of them are unable to NOT drag their personal baggage into the House and unload it on others.

Maybe they need to treat it like singing…

”Please stop being racist”

or tell the houseguests that bringing up anyones race or discussing race in any way is an automatic eviction….. ya I know that’s not gonna happen but isn’t there some way of stopping it?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Its not blind loyalty. Monte, Terrance, Turner and Alyssa are offering her nothing. No F4, nothing. They've just been pressuring her to take a shot at Michael.

M/B are offering her a F3.

No deal is not as good as a f3 with 7 people left.

Finishing 3rd is the worse spot to be in.  You're pretty much forgotten by the media.  She gets paid the same as anyone else in the jury.  And she will likely lose AFP to Joseph.

• LOL 1
10 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Finishing 3rd is the worse spot to be in.  You're pretty much forgotten by the media.  She gets paid the same as anyone else in the jury.  And she will likely lose AFP to Joseph.

F3 means you have the chance to win F3 HoH and take yourself to the finale. Terrance/Turner/Alyssa/Monte are not even offering a f4. They just want to use her this week to get rid of Michael.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Better to finish 7th?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

F3 means you have the chance to win F3 HoH and take yourself to the finale. Terrance/Turner/Alyssa/Monte are not even offering a f4. They just want to use her this week to get rid of Michael.

Let's be real, Taylor is not going to beat Michael in the F3 to win HOH. 

6 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Better to finish 7th?

Jurors and HGs get pay the same.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Thalia said:

I'm glad I didn't bet back in July about who would still be in the house on September 1.  Because based on past seasons, I would have bet against Michael, Brittany, Turner,  and Terrance. 

You would have been right if Paloma didn’t crash and burn. This whole house would look so different if she stayed. She was such a psychopath (is that too harsh a term to describe her very effective social manipulation?) but she had most of the house on her side against Taylor and Michael and Terrance were the 1st nominations, so the mean folks would have had the majority and ruled and would have had the numbers to backdoor Michael early, Terrance because he wasn’t part of the cool crowd and Taylor because she was everything they hated. So thank you Paloma.

• Love 1

Just got off work. Did I miss much? Why was Alyssa crying to Michael today? And I heard HoH is going to be a physical zingbot puzzle comp but won’t be in till Sunday’s episode. And I don’t see anyone beating Michael in any comps. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d706afa6e69da9c51826395ee5a73aa1.jpeg

Edited by dizzyd
17 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Let's be real, Taylor is not going to beat Michael in the F3 to win HOH. 

Jurors and HGs get pay the same.

You do know how the final 3 HOH works right?

Taylor probably has a better shot winning the final 3 HOH than she does any other HOH. 

It's a crapshoot and if you are a good listener you will do well. and Taylor is a good listener.  Jordan of all people beat Kevin. Azah almost beat X last year. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

You do know how the final 3 HOH works right?

Taylor probably has a better shot winning the final 3 HOH than she does any other HOH. 

It's a crapshoot and if you are a good listener you will do well. and Taylor is a good listener.  Jordan of all people beat Kevin. Azah almost beat X last year. 

Smart money says that Taylor will not win the final 3 HOH over Michael.

Just now, choclatechip45 said:

Third place gets paid more than 7th place....

Source?

11 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Smart money says that Taylor will not win the final 3 HOH over Michael.

Source?

Smart Money? I don't know why anyone would bet on anyone winning the final 3 HOH. It's the most random competition of the summer. 

It was discussed on the feeds in the past, they bumped up the pay for 3rd-5th starting either in 19 or 20. Third Place now gets an extra 10k. Production was tired of people playing for jury. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Lol at Kyle practicing his speech in the HN room. Think the butterfly floatie is distracting him. And his post eviction Alyssa compliment tour, wow! So many tears! He’s all packed. image.jpeg.90597872fb71085ff438a3d5eb98c234.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6271a1de693ecfc10438c7dc2c86b320.jpegTurner with clean hair and braids. image.jpeg.24b2405c87131529ac2d41d6accd1af4.jpeg

Edited by dizzyd
15 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Smart Money? I don't know why anyone would bet on anyone winning the final 3 HOH. It's the most random competition of the summer. 

It was discussed on the feeds in the past, they bumped up the pay for 3rd-5th starting either in 19 or 20. Third Place now gets an extra 10k. Production was tired of people playing for jury. 

I have enough confidence to say that Taylor won't win the Final HOH against Michael.

The feeds are hardly a reliable source.  Even so, $10k is not worth the stress, hassles of all the extra weeks in the BB house.

Edited by twilightzone
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

I have enough confidence to say that Taylor won't win the Final HOH.

The feeds are hardly a reliable source.  Even so, $10k is not worth the stress, hassles of all the extra weeks in the BB house.

So Taylor should just give up at F7 instead of trying to win the F3 HoH?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

I have enough confidence to say that Taylor won't win the Final HOH against Michael.

Must be nice that $10k doesn't matter. I think for most people it would. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

So Taylor should just give up at F7 instead of trying to win the F3 HoH?

She should be in it win.  And that means at some point she should be willing to take Michael out.  If they get to the Top 4 and it's her, Michael, Brittany, Monte.  Taylor should be working with Monte.

5 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Right?  Alyssa certainly seemed to think that the $5k prize she took from Taylor during the veto comp was worth it, even if it risked pissing off the HOH.

• Love 3
Just now, HighQueenEB said:

Right?  Alyssa certainly seemed to think that the $5k prize she took from Taylor during the veto comp was worth it, even if it risked pissing off the HOH.

Taylor talked about not really have a secure housing situation during the lockdowns due to her father's wife or girlfriend. So I think 10k extra would matter to her. Not sure if she is living with her mom or got her own place. 

55 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe they need to treat it like singing…

”Please stop being racist”

or tell the houseguests that bringing up anyones race or discussing race in any way is an automatic eviction….. ya I know that’s not gonna happen but isn’t there some way of stopping it?

At my first real computer programming job we had a LONNNNG list of corollaries to Murphy’s Law taped to the door of The Swamp (our shared office), and one which always stuck with me was:

You will never write an input editor so smart that a sufficiently ingenious idiot won’t find a way to sneak bad data past it.

The same with the Production/HG contracts; no matter how hard the lawyers try to remove any wiggle room whatsoever, some HGs will consider it their life’s mission to slather on some leftover Crisco from the slip-n-slide comp and try to squeeze through any contractual cracks.

This season would be a perfect example, actually.  Suppose there was a clause in the standard HG contract which said something to the effect of “Racist statements or gameplay will be grounds for immediate expulsion, and forfeiture of all stipends and/or prizes earned or won to date.”  
So Kyle gets called to the DR - and the conversation ends up going something like this:

Kyle: Hi guys, what’s up?

DR: Hi, Kyle.  Uh, we have a situation here; you’ve violated the terms of your contract, so you’re being removed from the House.

Kyle: WHAT!?!?  I did no such thing!  What are you talking about???

DR: Remember your conversation with Michael a few weeks ago when you said the relationships between Monte, Joseph, Taylor, Terrance and Jasmine - let me check the transcript here - “looked a lot like a Cookout 2.0”?  

Kyle: Uh-huh.

DR: And you, Michael, Brittany, Turner, and Alyssa should form an alliance and take them out before they took out all of you?

Kyle: Yeah… so…?

DR: So, you violated the “no racist talk or gameplay” clause in your player contract.  Sorry, but…

Kyle: Now WAIT A MINUTE!  Yeah I said all that, but none of it was RACIST, for crying out loud!

DR: Come again?  We have you ON VIDEO trying to cultivate an all-white alliance to take out all the non-white players!

Kyle: Great! And anywhere on that tape will you find me specifically mentioning their race?

DR: Nooo… but you specifically identified EVERY POC in the House in association with a race-based historical game reference.

Kyle: But I never mentioned THEIR race as being a factor, now did I?

DR: But you inarguably brought race into the discussion with Michael when you referred to yourself by saying “as a straight white male…”

Kyle: Oh, THAT.  That was a joke.  And even if it wasn’t - that was me talking about ME, not about THEM.  Are you telling me I’m barred from even acknowledging my own racial identity?  Now THAT sounds racist!  Where’s my lawyer!?

Etc., etc., - you get the idea.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I actually never said that.  Regardless, it's irrelevant, since whether the above is even true.

Done.  End.

Edited by twilightzone
17 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I feel like she will do whatever Turner wants her to do though. 

She will but hopefully Turner wants Michael out more than he wants Taylor out. I don't know though, he's very questionable to me at this point so it wouldn't surprise me if he'd rather go for Taylor. And obviously, if/when Michael wins veto, Taylor will be his target.

10 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

I actually never said that.  Regardless, it's irrelevant, since there's no published source for the above. 

Done.  End.

They discussed this on BB22 on the feeds. 

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She will but hopefully Turner wants Michael out more than he wants Taylor out. I don't know though, he's very questionable to me at this point so it wouldn't surprise me if he'd rather go for Taylor. And obviously, if/when Michael wins veto, Taylor will be his target.

Ugh. I don't want Turner getting what he wants lol. 

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, I would agree with you only on that last point - if/when Michael is safe, Taylor would be Turner's target.  

I do wonder, if Michael wins HOH tonight, what sort of wiggle room he's going to find to put Turner on the block.  He was already thinking/regretting yesterday that guarantee of safety he made for Turner putting Kyle on the block this week.  You could see it in his expression when he and Brittany were talking in the bubble room.  

1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

So if it is physical it might be swings right?

That probably favors Michael, Monte and Taylor.

I thought we saw a pic that it was some sort of puzzle.  If so, Taylor's a non-factor.  Who knows with Monte since he didn't compete in the Woodstack veto comp earlier in the season.