Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

He has over 500,000 Twitter followers, and I’m assuming a bunch on TikTok and Instagram.   These platforms were probably his main source of income, so….

Jasmine was talking one day about how Kyle wasn't making any money from his TikTok and she was going to counsel him about it, but Jasmine was not the most reliable narrator in the house! 

1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Kyle and Alyssa need to play Sporcle geography quizzes.

You mean London isn’t in France?

Oh well, Alyssa, you’ve got more to think about now than dreams of the Amazing Race. 

This whole discussion in the episode with Turner and Kyle pull in Monte shows just how spectacular Michael’s accomplishment was in turning the house.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Wasn’t it the slip and slide which is usually an HOH comp but was a veto comp this time?

Yeah, but in BB19 it was a veto comp.

I just caught up today. I'm so impressed with Michael it's icky, but the guy is a defense attorney so he deals with morally ambigious crap for a living. I wonder if this will make it to the jury house.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Well he can forget about getting any counselling from Jasmine now.

Well, he thought she was in a secret alliance (Cookout 2.0) to conspire against him.  He said there were 6 with "diverse backgrounds" in the Top 11.  He mentions Joseph and Indy.  The other 4 had to be Monte, Taylor, Terrance - and Jasmine.

Feeds been down 2.5h now! I’m going to tune out like I did this morning because that worked earlier and it was a very happening feed day till we got cut so maybe it will work again and they’ll be back. 

• Love 1

Pondering Kyle's meltdown today and some of the comments others have made...  I'm not really down with calling it out as white fragility.  It really has nothing to do with that and everything to do with Kyle realizing his game has been absolutely annihilated by Michael/Brittany today. 

The whole reason he tried to make that anti-Cookout alliance with them is because he has always been about protecting his own game, first and foremost.  That's why he formed The Pound, and then helped create the LOs, and that's why he went running to Alyssa & Terrance first thing during Dyrefest to rat out the LOs.  He's played too hard, most of the game, and it finally came back to bite him in the ass.  The fact that it was because he proposed a whites-only alliance with 2 other HGs and, in the course of those conversations, implied that another HG (Turner) was down with the suggestion, is his own damn fault, and he knows there's absolutely NO coming back from this, not in the house at least. 

But, his reaction (and even his initial proposal, IMO), weren't coming from a position of white fragility - they were straight up coming from him trying to play every angle and protect himself at all costs.  That's why he was so willing to play double agent with the non-LOs for a few weeks - and the biggest reason he wanted Joseph out was because Joseph was, up until Taylor's HOH, doing a better job of it. 

Now, it is despicable and disgusting that he thought anyone else in the house would be open to the suggestion of forming an anti-Cookout 2.0 alliance, and that's 100% racist on his part, but, none of this speaks to white fragility - apart from Kyle trying to use what he thought might exist in the minds of other HGs to his own benefit and protection.  He's still a scumbag, for sure, but he is in NO WAY fragile.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Well, he thought she was in a secret alliance (Cookout 2.0) to conspire against him.  He said there were 6 with "diverse backgrounds" in the Top 11.  He mentions Joseph and Indy.  The other 4 had to be Monte, Taylor, Terrance - and Jasmine.

Yeah Jasmine who said multiple times she did not want to be in a cookout type alliance unless he thought she was some kind of mastermind. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

This would be believable. We saw him have a mini one in the HOH a few weeks ( which seems like ages) ago. "I'm a babeeeee."

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Lucas Rowan said:

It's been under his name since the start of the season.

I honestly don't want Kyle to self-evict.  I want him here to face the consequences of his lies and double-dealing coming out and face his comeuppance.  I want him nominated and evicted, and watch his game slowly slip away between those two events.

I guess I missed it before.  It just stood out like a flashing light tonight.  I do want Kyle to self-evict. I don't want him in the JH where he can spin everything to his liking.  Go home Kyle.  Stay off social media for a while and you just might get a semblance of your life back.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

When Kyle was shown in the DR crowing about the After Party, it had 'unemployed' under his name?  Did I just not notice it before?

That’s been up from the beginning, but not totally true since apparently he and mom do TikTok videos or such    There is money in influencing but you need at least a million followers and from the post in this thread, he is only half way there… and I imagine he thought being on Big Brother would help him gain followers…instead, he destroyed his brand   

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

The last time someone had this epic of a fall was Paulie right? But that was weeks of build up this just took a few hours...

While true, we knew Michael had this planned for weeks, ya know? So it was more a matter of when/not if, just whether Turner would go for it, and he's definitely gone for it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

But, his reaction (and even his initial proposal, IMO), weren't coming from a position of white fragility 

If this was just game there is literally no reason to DOR, weaponizing tears emotions and mental health to avoid the consequences of our specifically racist actions is absolutely white fragility.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Brian Cronin said:

While true, we knew Michael had this planned for weeks, ya know? So it was more a matter of when/not if, just whether Turner would go for it, and he's definitely gone for it.

Fair, but I definitely did not think Kyle would be in the DR for hours and threatening to self evict. I thought this would play out like the house meeting with Joseph last week.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, blixie said:

If this was just game there is literally no reason to DOR, weaponizing tears emotions and mental health to avoid the consequences of our specifically racist actions is absolutely white fragility.

Nope, it is about game - his own.  He knows that he's toast since Michael & Brittany just told the house everything.  

White fragility is thinking that your place in society is somehow going to be lost because of "others", resenting "others" for taking your job, your position, etc.  

Kyle is just a grown-assed adult who has never truly been held accountable for any of his actions, regardless of race or what-not.  He's always been able to talk and spin his way out of whatever stupid thing he's done or said.  He's not stupid.  He knows what he said.  He knows there's no spinning his way out of this with the rest of the HGs.  He just doesn't want to face the consequences.  Period. 

Honestly, if he was losing his game completely because Alyssa opened her eyes and realized he was just using her and didn't care about saving her until she slept with him and the rest of the house turned on him as a result of that, I'm pretty sure he'd still be in the DR with his meltdown, thinking about DORing.  

ETA - and we've seen him weaponize his tears and emotions to manipulate Alyssa time and time again in this game.  It's literally the same situation, only this time it's because his game is blown to shit because NONE of the HGs are down with him proposing a racist alliance.  And, honestly, if he'd gone back in the house a few hours ago, he might have had a chance at salvaging things with Alyssa, Terrance and Turner - they were all looking for reasons to justify/rationalize/excuse what he said and not see him up on the block. 

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 6

I'm going back on FB and I notice Kyle really spiraled when Alyssa was pretty cool with him. I think he's so used to her following him around like a puppy dog that when he realized that even she was disillusioned with his game, he lost it. 

• Love 6

I won’t believe he’s gone till I see it for myself. I’d say the movie goers were given 1h to dress up and 2h for the movie plus 1h after to do DRs about the stupid movie. So we should have another hour before feeds come back up? 

• Love 3

They really shouldn’t have let him remain-for his mental health’s sake. And wouldn’t it be hypocritical of production to let him stay in there if his mental health has been compromised? Considering what happened with Paloma?

I actually worked a day on the film they’re showing tonight-Bros. I was background in it (it used to be called “extra work”) in what I think is a quite funny scene which I seriously doubt wasn’t cut. All I should say is I sit a row in front of Billy Eichner and Luke McFarlane and me and my older lady companion are not amused by them. Check it out starting September 30th, haha.

Edited by TimWil
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Kyle is out of the DR. He's looking for Michael.

I wonder why. Is Kyle going to take off his gloves and smack Michael across the face with them, challenging him to a duel? "My honor is at stake!" declaims Kyle. "You betrayed me!" 

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 6

So considering all four cameras are on Taylor/Monte/Terrence/Turner/Alyssa in the kitchen, Kyle found Michael and Brittany is basically chained to Michael’s side so they’re off having a hugely important conversation off camera. Because of course. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

All four cameras are locked on the kitchen, so if Kyle and Michael are talking, they aren't showing it.

ETA: i just saw Brittany walk into the bathroom.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

Apparently backyard is open for the 1st time since DF. 

Anyone think Kyle will play the victim card? Wrongfully accused?

image.thumb.jpeg.4e39d068ada4fc4be27b16ce277ae059.jpegHe looks just like he did before he went into the DR. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 1

They need to keep him from being alone with Turner until after the veto ceremony.   

1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok so Brittany comes into the BY all teary and gets hugs from Alyssa and Taylor. Bitch why is she crying? 

Stress?   Kyle’s face?

• Love 1

I thought I heard yelling coming from another room a couple of minutes ago, but I'm not sure what it was. The kitchen crew got quiet and Monte got up quick but then it stopped.

10:41PM EDT

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

Taylor comforting Brittney, who is clearly sad and tearful. Taylor asked if she wanted to “talk about it,” and Brittney said no. “Hammock?” Taylor asked. Brittney agreed, and they walked to the hammock with arms across each other’s shoulders. A very sweet moment. Once they were in the hammock, they invited Alyssa over. “The more the merrier,” one of them said. 

• Love 5

I've been thinking about how Alyssa's been cold and unresponsive to Kyle after learning about his fear about a new Cookout and his desire to take out the POC. Realizing that association with Kyle will tank her game, she now has to figure out damage control for herself, in the house and out in the real world post-show. "Thanks, Kyle, you stupid!" she's probably thinking. "Thanks for canceling me in the real world!" (After all no one exists if they aren't on social media.)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok so Brittany comes into the BY all teary and gets hugs from Alyssa and Taylor. Bitch why is she crying? 

Brit's gotta make this about her (I'm sure Kyle actually WAS a dick to her, but come on). 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I've been thinking about how Alyssa's been cold and unresponsive to Kyle after learning about his fear about a new Cookout and his desire to take out the POC. Realizing that association with Kyle will tank her game, she now has to figure out damage control for herself, in the house and out in the real world post-show. "Thanks, Kyle, you stupid!" she's probably thinking. "Thanks for canceling me in the real world!" (After all no one exists if they aren't on social media.)

I mean it's that but it's also:

1. She now knows Kyle wasn't going to use the veto on her until Daniel insisted.

2. She was left out of a huge house alliance and Kyle didn't tell her for weeks.

3. The sex is bad (and short).

4. Alyssa is not a prejudiced person. Her closest allies have always been POC (Paloma, Jasmine, Ameerah). 

Is it self preservation? Yes, but it's also a bunch of other things that made Alyssa realize Kyle's a lost cause. Better to forge ahead on her own.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

Pondering Kyle's meltdown today and some of the comments others have made...  I'm not really down with calling it out as white fragility.  It really has nothing to do with that and everything to do with Kyle realizing his game has been absolutely annihilated by Michael/Brittany today. 

The whole reason he tried to make that anti-Cookout alliance with them is because he has always been about protecting his own game, first and foremost.  That's why he formed The Pound, and then helped create the LOs, and that's why he went running to Alyssa & Terrance first thing during Dyrefest to rat out the LOs.  He's played too hard, most of the game, and it finally came back to bite him in the ass.  The fact that it was because he proposed a whites-only alliance with 2 other HGs and, in the course of those conversations, implied that another HG (Turner) was down with the suggestion, is his own damn fault, and he knows there's absolutely NO coming back from this, not in the house at least. 

But, his reaction (and even his initial proposal, IMO), weren't coming from a position of white fragility - they were straight up coming from him trying to play every angle and protect himself at all costs.  That's why he was so willing to play double agent with the non-LOs for a few weeks - and the biggest reason he wanted Joseph out was because Joseph was, up until Taylor's HOH, doing a better job of it. 

Now, it is despicable and disgusting that he thought anyone else in the house would be open to the suggestion of forming an anti-Cookout 2.0 alliance, and that's 100% racist on his part, but, none of this speaks to white fragility - apart from Kyle trying to use what he thought might exist in the minds of other HGs to his own benefit and protection.  He's still a scumbag, for sure, but he is in NO WAY fragile.

I have to disagree that it matters what his motivations are. Fortunately, the national discourse as a whole is moving away from "what is this person's soul like?" and more toward, "If they're advancing racism, they need to answer for that."

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Feeds up for <20 minutes. After all of today’s drama, I don’t think it’s going to have any impact on the outcome. I was shocked to hear of a possible DOR but as much of a big baby as Kyle can be, I didn’t think he’d quit after how much he invested in the game. And he’s fully capable of playing the sympathy card. He’ll yell at M/B for tarnishing his rep, he’ll apologize to Terrance Monte and Taylor if anything he said was perceived negatively than what he intended and he’ll probably get away with it and be snogging Alyssa before the nights over. 

Edited by dizzyd
45 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I won’t believe he’s gone till I see it for myself. I’d say the movie goers were given 1h to dress up and 2h for the movie plus 1h after to do DRs about the stupid movie. So we should have another hour before feeds come back up? 

What movie were they seeing ?

8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Feeds up for <20 minutes. After all of today’s drama, I don’t think it’s going to have any impact on the outcome. I was shocked to hear of a possible DOR but as much of a big baby as Kyle can be, I didn’t think he’d quit after how much he invested in the game. And he’s fully capable of playing the sympathy card. He’ll yell at M/B for tarnishing his rep, he’ll apologize to Terrance Monte and Taylor if anything he said was perceived negatively than what he intended and he’ll probably get away with it and be snogging Alyssa before the nights over. 

I have a sick feeling that you could be right and Kyle will talk himself out of this.

Brittany needs to stay out of it she doesn’t have the smarts or the intestinal fortitude to stand up to Kyle, leave it to Michael 

• Like 4

I think it boils down to Terrance and Alyssa. How will THEY receive Kyle's BS explanation? If they take it well, then I think Turner is just waiting for someone to tell him it's okay to not put Kyle up (Terrance, obviously, as a Black guy, would be particularly important in that regard). 

I tend to believe Terrance will stick with "Put Kyle up and out," though, so that will happen. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I tend to believe Terrance will stick with "Put Kyle up and out," though, so that will happen. 

I don’t think so. Monte was the one who suggested to Turner to put Kyle up, I didn’t hear Terrance’s opinion and Turner told Alyssa that’s what he thinks he should do and she said whatever you feel is right. And we all know how that can change 10 times before veto ceremony and another 20 times before eviction.

6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think it boils down to Terrance and Alyssa. How will THEY receive Kyle's BS explanation? If they take it well, then I think Turner is just waiting for someone to tell him it's okay to not put Kyle up (Terrance, obviously, as a Black guy, would be particularly important in that regard). 

I think that Terrance will go with whatever keeps him safe next week.  He has to realize that Kyle is a dead-man-walking next week if he stays.  Right now, Turner thinks he can replace Kyle with Monte in their alliance and still have the numbers.  Plus, everyone is making noises like Taylor's the obvious target next week if she stays over Kyle.  So, he'll be fine with Kyle being shown the door this week.  

Alyssa will be sad and mopey, but she is astute enough to recognize that she's the least injured party of the entire house.  Taylor, Monte, Terrance all, obviously, are the ones who were being targeted by Kyle for being "diverse", and now, Brittany is being attacked by Kyle, who is lashing out at her for finally coming clean with HIS plan.  There's no way Alyssa is going to want any part of THAT from Kyle.

• Love 1