Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Different Ex-pectations

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

What kind of Spanish is Thais speaking?  When she speaks, it sounds like Chinese.  (No offense).  I’ve never heard any Spanish sound like that.  Anyhow, I can’t stand her.  I love the way John speaks to her as he has her number.

I think it sounds lovely.  There are a lot of shared words between Spanish and Italian.  Go figure. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

Romance languages.  French too.

French is a lot more clipped, though.  Especially the Quebecois variant.  Cajun French's always felt pretty slurred to me, but I think I've met few sober cajuns.  I studied French, Spanish, Italian, Latin in college and HS.  I can sort of squeak by with written Portuguese.  Thais sounds a lot more musical when she speaks in Portuguese.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can understand why Bilal and Shahidah divorced; they both think they're quite smart but neither of them are good communicators.

Early in this episode we had Bilal talking about Shaeeda and her possibly having "alternative motives". 

Near the end of the episode, we hear this from Shahidah:   

"I do feel a type of way in regards to Bilal not setting up a meeting with us early on when she first came. I think that that's very important because she needs to understand where I fit in the dynamics of everything."

Really, Shahidah? What way do you feel?

"...feel[ing] a type of way..."
"...feeling some sorta way..."
"...feeling some kinda way..."

These are all filler phrases; they don't communicate any information.

I don't know why these phrases entered the vernacular a few years ago and still persist; they're nonsensical.

Why?

Because everyone who's alive and awake is feeling something every minute of every day!

Someone saying they're feeling something but not saying what they're feeling is like them saying they're breathing. 

So am I. Their point?

If how the person was feeling is relevant to the situation they're describing, then including what they were feeling is important.

There are over 3000 words in the English language to express feelings, so all they have to do is pick the word that best describes whatever feeling they were experiencing, and use it!

Rant over. I feel much better now. 😊

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Reworded awkward sentence.
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Fuck Bini! Freeloading POS! I hope he's absolutely miserable, he made his bed...

"Freeloading"?

When Ariela and Bini met, and when they lived together in Ethiopia, Bini had three (or possibly four?) jobs. As a matter of fact, Ariela complained Bini was never home to be with her and help her care for Avi because he was working all the time.

Bini never went to college, so he doesn't have an education in any specialized field. He used the skills he has (dancing, fighting) to make money wherever he could. Job opportunities in Ethiopia are few. The per capita gross national income is $890. Many Americans make in a week what Ethiopians make in a year.

Do you truly believe Ariela explained to Bini what his job prospects in the U.S. would be? Did they discuss it - draw up a plan which included the jobs he'd be eligible for with his education and job background, how much he'd be likely to make, and what percentage of their monthly expenses he'd be able to contribute? I think it's pretty obvious she didn't. All Ariela wanted to do was get out of Ethiopia, so she wasn't about to tell Bini anything that might dissuade him from moving here. Rarely do the Americans give their fiancés the complete picture of what their lives in the U.S. will be like. 

And now that he is here, Bini still thinks he can do what he did in Ethiopia in the U.S., but make more money doing it here than he did back home. Why? Because Ariela is still being vague about what jobs he'll be able to get, how much they pay, and what their monthly expenses in the U.S. will be once her parents cut the apron strings.

Until they marry and Bini gets his green card, he can't work in the U.S.. No K-1 visa holder can. Unless they come to the U.S. with substantial savings, they're all "freeloaders" in a sense.

• Applause 8
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I can understand why Bilal and Shahidah divorced; they both think they're quite smart but neither of them are good communicators.

Early in this episode we had Bilal talking about Shaeeda and her possibly having "alternative motives". 

Near the end of the episode, we hear this from Shahidah:   

"I do feel a type of way in regards to Bilal not setting up a meeting with us early on when she first came. I think that that's very important because she needs to understand where I fit in the dynamics of everything."

Really, Shahidah? What way do you feel?

"...feel[ing] a type of way..."
"...feeling some sorta way..."
"...feeling some kinda way..."

These are all filler phrases; they don't communicate any information.

I don't know why these phrases entered the vernacular a few years ago and still persist; they're nonsensical.

Why?

Because everyone who's alive and awake is feeling something every minute of every day!

Someone saying they're feeling something but not saying what they're feeling is like them saying they're breathing. 

So am I. Their point?

If how the person was feeling is relevant to the situation they're describing, then including what they were feeling is important.

There are over 3000 words in the English language to express feelings, so all they have to do is pick the word that best describes whatever feeling they were experiencing, and use it!

Rant over. I feel much better now. 😊

This is a figure of speech that seems to have originated in the Black community and when I first heard it I thought that literally it means nothing because everyone feels some type of way.  It’s sort of like how people say someone is a quality person.  Are they low quality, high quality, medium quality?  But from context it seems to mean being upset or annoyed or concerned and I have accepted that as its meaning.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/2/2022 at 8:39 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

That Ari's mother justified Leandro's inclusion in their family celebrations despite Ari divorcing him, being engaged to and having a child with another man, makes me wonder: is she hoping Ari will dump Bini so he'll have to go back to Ethiopia, and that Ari and Leandro will reunite and raise Avi together?

Leandro has a Ph.D. Bini has, what??? Surely Ari's mom sees a better "catch" in Leandro.  Just a pesky little detail of that child, Avi . . .

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to remind myself that the original premise was “The Other Way” and that Ari was moving TO Ethiopia to have the baby, live with and marry Bini there. Why am I not surprised this plan didn’t work out?

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Leandro has a Ph.D. Bini has, what??? Surely Ari's mom sees a better "catch" in Leandro.  Just a pesky little detail of that child, Avi . . .

I wonder if Leandro is shooting blanks or always insisted on a condom because we know Ari isn’t responsible.  

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I have to remind myself that the original premise was “The Other Way” and that Ari was moving TO Ethiopia to have the baby, live with and marry Bini there. 

They don’t have enough Starbucks.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder if Leandro is shooting blanks or always insisted on a condom because we know Ari isn’t responsible.  

IIRC, Leandro sensibly didn’t want to start a family until he was finished with school and established in his career so he must have been in charge of the birth control. Stupid Ari had (and apparently is still having) unprotected sex with Bini and she doesn’t even pay attention to her cycle so she will keep getting pregnant since Bini wants lots of kids. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, anoninrva said:

French is a lot more clipped, though.  Especially the Quebecois variant.  Cajun French's always felt pretty slurred to me, but I think I've met few sober cajuns.  I studied French, Spanish, Italian, Latin in college and HS.  I can sort of squeak by with written Portuguese.  Thais sounds a lot more musical when she speaks in Portuguese.

Yes.  That’s it .. musical.  Ive never heard that before.  Different.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

IIRC, Leandro sensibly didn’t want to start a family until he was finished with school and established in his career so he must have been in charge of the birth control. Stupid Ari had (and apparently is still having) unprotected sex with Bini and she doesn’t even pay attention to her cycle so she will keep getting pregnant since Bini wants lots of kids. 

Her face is so scrunched up I can’t imagine her O face is any different.

Ari and Bini go to the historic pancake house and order the classic fare breakfast burritos.

• LOL 8
17 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ari and Bini go to the historic pancake house and order the classic fare breakfast burritos.

at least they didn't feed each other! 

They must have cleared out PJ's Pancake House for filming because I have NEVER seen it so empty! 

19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Her face is so scrunched up I can’t imagine her O face is any different.

It's her bOtoxed face! Her jaw muscles have been paralyzed so she can't make an O face. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I have to remind myself that the original premise was “The Other Way” and that Ari was moving TO Ethiopia to have the baby, live with and marry Bini there. Why am I not surprised this plan didn’t work out?

Has anyone who's participated in "The Other Way" ever ACTUALLY MOVED to another country? Except poor old doleful Jenny, anyway? Its a paper thin premise. Oh, Corey, I guess. Ari's back. Devan is back. Tiffany is back. Tim is back. Who else? OK, Kenny and Armando are still in Mexico. But other than them? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

So....wow, a lot to unpack in this one. Again, I know a lot of this is FAKE as FAKE can be and producer driven, but I sometimes think they deliberately don't clue in one of the partners as to the script to get some realistic reactions. 

Case in point---Ari and Bini. I think the producers picked up on the fact that Ari still has the hots for Leandro during interviews, etc...brought him back for that episode where he flew to Ethiopia. Doubting that trip was on his own dime.....and picked up on teh tension. So they encouraged all the Leandro visits that we saw these past two episodes. I don't think Bini is ok with all of this, he doesn't want to be this guy's friend and he knows damn well he could never pal around with his exes and Ari be ok with it. I mean too bad he isnt' close with baby mama #1, he could have her drop in constantly with his first son, she could take his suit shopping for the wedding, ask Ari intrusive questions about her cycle and plans for kids, etc. The whole thing is fucked up. Leandro is a PhD student. Been there, done that, you are super busy and stressed and cash poor. So Janice and Dr Fred don't want him for Ari because of $$ lucrative career, but it would have better panache socially than a butt bongo player from Ethiopia.  I think it was very telling that Ari said she left him because she didnt' feel she knew herself and her wants and dreams and felt pressured to just tag along to Indiana. Well sweetheart how about trying to accomplish something yourself? She has never had a real career or been on her own, even when she went traveling, I am sure it was on daddy's dime. Bottom line, things didn't work with Leandro for a reason. That is the past. Let it go and focus on building a life iwth your CURRENT man. 

For once I thought drunk John was making a lot of sense and I lol'd when he said basically "I could understand not telling dad if my brother was a piece of shit, but he is a good guy! come on!"

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

So....wow, a lot to unpack in this one. Again, I know a lot of this is FAKE as FAKE can be and producer driven, but I sometimes think they deliberately don't clue in one of the partners as to the script to get some realistic reactions. 

Case in point---Ari and Bini. I think the producers picked up on the fact that Ari still has the hots for Leandro during interviews, etc...brought him back for that episode where he flew to Ethiopia. Doubting that trip was on his own dime.....and picked up on teh tension. So they encouraged all the Leandro visits that we saw these past two episodes. I don't think Bini is ok with all of this, he doesn't want to be this guy's friend and he knows damn well he could never pal around with his exes and Ari be ok with it. I mean too bad he isnt' close with baby mama #1, he could have her drop in constantly with his first son, she could take his suit shopping for the wedding, ask Ari intrusive questions about her cycle and plans for kids, etc. The whole thing is fucked up. Leandro is a PhD student. Been there, done that, you are super busy and stressed and cash poor. So Janice and Dr Fred don't want him for Ari because of $$ lucrative career, but it would have better panache socially than a butt bongo player from Ethiopia.  I think it was very telling that Ari said she left him because she didnt' feel she knew herself and her wants and dreams and felt pressured to just tag along to Indiana. Well sweetheart how about trying to accomplish something yourself? She has never had a real career or been on her own, even when she went traveling, I am sure it was on daddy's dime. Bottom line, things didn't work with Leandro for a reason. That is the past. Let it go and focus on building a life iwth your CURRENT man. 

For once I thought drunk John was making a lot of sense and I lol'd when he said basically "I could understand not telling dad if my brother was a piece of shit, but he is a good guy! come on!"

She is 30 and still has no idea what she wants to do with her life.  During all this traveling and navel gazing the last decade she had no opportunity to think about that?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Thais has confessed in her THs that her father doesn't like Patrick but both Patrick and John have no idea that her father doesn't think he's a good guy. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Thais has confessed in her THs that her father doesn't like Patrick but both Patrick and John have no idea that her father doesn't think he's a good guy. 

If Thighs and Hattrick get married without telling her father first, the father will never believe that it wasn’t Hattrick’s idea.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Gobi said:

If Thighs and Hattrick get married without telling her father first, the father will never believe that it wasn’t Hattrick’s idea.

Love these nicknames!!! Exactly, they have no idea that her father does not like him. She hasn't ever expressed WHAT exactly he doesn't like, apart from her comment that American men think they can buy Brazilian women. So he has never really got to know the real Patrick as a person, he is just a blank stereotype--"The American." Has his daughter expressed any ambition to do something substantial with her life? I mean besides being a wife and mother walking around in crop tops looking hot? Have we heard what she did back in Brazil to earn $$$?? Patrick loves her and can provide a good life. Someone needs to show Thighs' father the seasons with Paul and Karine so he can appreciate the caliber of American who swept his daughter away. 

Bile, bile, bile......I can see that his ex is concerned because yeah, she knows the dude and fears he will get another divorce and her kids will lose what little assets he has that they stand to inherit down the road. She semi called him out when she said he should have set up the meeting between the two women earlier on in the 90 days. Absolutely. And I suspect she tried talking to him about the prenup and didn't get far beyond "she is refusing to sign." Shy made a good point that she was not some poverty stricken little girl sitting by the side of the road---she needs to push back and say fine I will sign if we edit to include you don't get any of the $$ I may earn moving forward or if I sell my yoga studio in Trini, etc. Remind him of the caliber of wife he is choosing. She was very calm and polite to the ex, personally I would have flat out said, I understand your concerns on behalf of the children, but the details of this are between me and Bile. Hell maybe the ex could be an ally and get him to revise it to include some protection of Shy's assets ...... 

Yve....I think Mo is here for the green card the opportunity to earn a better life for his mother, who he surely will try to import as soon as he can. Which, I understand and sympathize more iwth now that it was explained his father is dead and he has sort of been the head of the house for years. I think he had a relatively sheltered life in Egypt, I am sure he DM'd a lot of Cougars and Yve was the only one gullible enough to haul ass there to visit him. He isn't wrong when he says she is happy as long as she has childcare. He was polite enough to not add "and sex." This is a transactional relationship and Yve just is hesitant to admit it is that for her as well----childcare and arm candy and lots of young D. Go to city hall in a nice dress, get the papers started. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

It seems it is just based on stereotypes.  He thinks all American men want to take advantage of Brazilian women.  Sort of like how some Americans think all foreign partners only want green cards.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

apart from her comment that American men think they can buy Brazilian women.

But that is the truth, Patrick waived money in front of Thighs with his travels and upscale accommodations, told her about his lifestyle at home and of course she was going to want that for herself and as long as he was paying all the expenses why not come to the states.  

And as far as Thais giving up a career to move to the US, it has not been a sacrifice...do we think she had other men on the hook sending her money to support her and her family until one of them came and swept her off her feet?

Sadly we have seen a number of the imports who make it known they only want a green card and for some reason the importer never sends them back to their own countries after discovering it even prior to a marriage.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

It seems it is just based on stereotypes.  He thinks all American men want to take advantage of Brazilian women.

And Patrick, with his main concerns being about Thais’s hotness and skill in the bedroom, is perpetuating the stereotype 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It seems it is just based on stereotypes.  He thinks all American men want to take advantage of Brazilian women.  Sort of like how some Americans think all foreign partners only want green cards.

Thais' father might be on to something, because the record for Brazilian women and American men on this show is not good. Paul & Karine, Michael & Julianne and Colt & Larissa are perfect examples. Sweet Kirlyam is the only Brazilian 90 Day bride who is still with her American husband, Alan.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2022 at 1:54 PM, MrBuhBye said:

The ex was talking about generational wealth so apparently she is thinking more about the kids inheriting his home and business if one exists.  But that would be addressed in a will not a prenup.  And in my state the widow is entitled to half of an estate.  He can’t just leave everything to his kids.

“Generational wealth” is such an eye-rolling buzz-word these days.  Bile doesn’t have generational wealth.  Millions upon millions to keep generations wealthy?  No.  He has a house and some money, which, as his wife, Shaeeda is entitled to when he dies.  He may leave a little something specifically set aside for the kids.. but the man is not wealthy.

The ex-wife doesn’t know what she is talking about.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, magemaud said:

I just can't see Miona, Mahala and Grandma at the same salon! Maybe all going for massages, though. 

I’m picturing the mom, grandma and Miona sitting down to dinner, all with the same fox eye eye-liner look!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

He used the skills he has (dancing, fighting)

And impregnating American tourists. Bini wants to have "10 baby", 2 down, 8 to go. For the record I loathe Ari and Bini equally and most of this seasons cast. 

• Love 2
On 7/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Leandro could have just gone to get the test himself because Bini can’t drive.  That was producer shenanigans.  Man both Leandro and Bini are smug in their talking heads.  And they are fighting over a non-prize.

Yeah, if Areola was the prize I would ask for the consolation prize!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But that is the truth, Patrick waived money in front of Thighs with his travels and upscale accommodations, told her about his lifestyle at home and of course she was going to want that for herself and as long as he was paying all the expenses why not come to the states.  

He uses money as a weapon and acts like he's buying her. Takes her shopping, doesn't want to buy anything she wants. when she pushed back, he actually took out his wallet and threw his cash and credit card at her. "You only care about my money, wah!" He's a controlling bastard and Thais is going to have to babysit for drunky John her whole married life. Which will be short and end in a nasty, messy divorce. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He uses money as a weapon and acts like he's buying her. Takes her shopping, doesn't want to buy anything she wants. when she pushed back, he actually took out his wallet and threw his cash and credit card at her. "You only care about my money, wah!" He's a controlling bastard and Thais is going to have to babysit for drunky John her whole married life. Which will be short and end in a nasty, messy divorce. 

That passive aggressive shit about the money was shameful. First he takes her shopping then he won't let her buy anything then accuses her of just wanting to spend his money...it is a good thing Thais is not too smart otherwise she might see what a dick Patrick is.  I still don't know why he didn't take her to a HomeGoods or a TJMaxx.

John could be an ally if Thighs knows how to play him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I still don't know why he didn't take her to a HomeGoods or a TJMaxx.

Because 1. producer driven drama 2. he isn't too smart 3. he is "new money" in the sense that he grew up desperately poor and now makes a decent living but doesn't know how to handle the $$ well. This store is one example---he wants to go shop in the trendy, expensive stores but then has sticker shock when he shows up. 

I loved how the vase did make an appearance on the table. 

That dinner looked nasty. How TF is ketchup + mustard giving stroganoff? Loved John's face when he tried it. I agree, if she tried to talk to him, he could sort of mediate because he hasn't said a bad word about her, really. He just thinks it is messed up she is hiding the true purpose of her visit from her father. Hopefully her father watches this and sees that his baby girl was the one lying the whole time (he has to know they are filming a show, right?). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Because 1. producer driven drama 2. he isn't too smart 3. he is "new money" in the sense that he grew up desperately poor and now makes a decent living but doesn't know how to handle the $$ well. This store is one example---he wants to go shop in the trendy, expensive stores but then has sticker shock when he shows up. 

I loved how the vase did make an appearance on the table. 

That dinner looked nasty. How TF is ketchup + mustard giving stroganoff? Loved John's face when he tried it. I agree, if she tried to talk to him, he could sort of mediate because he hasn't said a bad word about her, really. He just thinks it is messed up she is hiding the true purpose of her visit from her father. Hopefully her father watches this and sees that his baby girl was the one lying the whole time (he has to know they are filming a show, right?). 

A big chain store is not going to allow them to film there.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I’m picturing the mom, grandma and Miona sitting down to dinner, all with the same fox eye eye-liner look!

And Miona style eyebrows! Although Grandma does seem a bit adventurous with her patch of blue hair. I wonder where Mahala has her hair done because she appears to favor elaborate braided styles that I don't think she could do herself. (Where's Nanny Mimi when you need her?) 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Loved John's face when he tried it.

We saw him comically spit it out behind her back, but where exactly did it go? Did that little doggy get it? 

Someone upthread posted a Brazilian Stroganoff recipe that surprisingly did, indeed, have chicken and ketchup but no mustard. Maybe novice cook Thais was substituting it for something else in the recipe that wasn't available but totally missed the mark. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:54 AM, magemaud said:

Why is Leandro there for a visit, anyway? Will he be invited to the wedding? Since he's Ari's "best friend," maybe he'll be in the wedding party?

That reminds me, has there been any discussion of their wedding aside from the dress shopping that didn't happen? Those details have been discussed to death by the other couples. 

Oh please.  You KNOW Leandro is there because Sharp PAID HIM to be there.  Without manufactured drama there is nothing to see here.

• Love 2

I LOVE Miona. Love  her. She's amazing. I love her resolve and evenness and quick comebacks. Miona quotes:

"We can do California elopment. Nice weather, not buffalos and snow."

"Give me a queen wedding." In response to, "I want a queen, not a spoiled princess." (though princesses get married-- queens are already married, but whatever, it was a great retort).

"I don't want to be freezing. I don't want snow at my wedding. Oh no, that would be castastrophic."

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Getting pretty sick of hearing about how rich and successful Bilal is. He’s literally a random real estate agent living in Missouri. Nothing wrong with that. But certainly nothing to brag about either. Did all his family and friends grow up in extreme poverty or something to view him as someone with this amazing “generational wealth”?

Bilal is toxic, it’s in his face and eyes. From what I get he is beyond angry STILL that his ex wife left him. He's not looking for love, he is looking to control and hurt other women. Either he has a type or he singled Shaeeda out because she reminds him of his ex wife. When he sat there and ignored her because he was "angry" it’s a manipulative tactic and another form of abuse. Then with the yoga session with the kids. He was being petty because if the tables were turned he would be pissed Shaeeda is playing around during his "serious time". I would loooooove to know why his ex wife left. Shaeeda needs to go home to her loving family ASAP!

Shaeeda is also black, so it isn't racism that they're treating her like that. I think it's imperialism and xenophobia. She doesn't deserve to be treated like a little girl who couldn't make it on her own in America when she was an established business woman!

One of my coworkers is also a 37-year-old woman who wants kids and got married relatively late (last September) so she understands the biological pressure Shaeeda is feeling. She is forever worrying that she found her person too late in life to have kids. But girl. Bilal is NOT IT. Better to go back to Trinidad and build your family through one of the other methods available to single women these days.

Bilal pushing his daughter...My husband joked that by his own standards he nearly killed her.

Two positive notes. The Kara and Guillermo scene at the rodeo was almost like early season 90 Day Fiancé. I hate Kara but enjoyed that scene for some reason. Second, I find the John/Patrick/Thais mess actually engaging and interesting. It makes me react at least.

The bad is pretty much everything else. This season is painful and Ari and Bini’s story is noticeably fake and I say that as someone that usually is ok with some scripted drama on reality TV. Like I’ve said before, you know this season is the worst when you miss Gino and his stupid hat. Damn! 🙃

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Sadly we have seen a number of the imports who make it known they only want a green card and for some reason the importer never sends them back to their own countries after discovering it even prior to a marriage. 

I would say that the American people who hook up with these foreign people aren't the cream of the crop. A person born out of the US remotely hooking up with people also aren't the average person looking for love. There is something to be said about people meeting person to person, who are in the same culture with the same expectations. How does one really fall in love with someone enough to want to spend their lives with them when they really don't know each other? There lies the problem with these hook-ups and why so few of them really work. Perfect format for entertaining TV though. :)

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

And Miona style eyebrows! Although Grandma does seem a bit adventurous with her patch of blue hair. I wonder where Mahala has her hair done because she appears to favor elaborate braided styles that I don't think she could do herself. (Where's Nanny Mimi when you need her?) 

Maybe Grandma does her hair (or Jibri?)  Maybe the Black community is a little bigger than they're letting on too.  Honestly, no clue there.  It looks pretty rural.

18 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I LOVE Miona. Love  her.

Me too and when Jibroni was describing her to his grandmother, she sounded even MORE amazing. Like, damn girl, what are you doing with THIS fool? What is the attraction? I think this is a starter marriage. The dressing alike is annoying but just shows their immaturity. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Me too and when Jibroni was describing her to his grandmother, she sounded even MORE amazing. Like, damn girl, what are you doing with THIS fool? What is the attraction? I think this is a starter marriage. The dressing alike is annoying but just shows their immaturity. 

Yeah, even the grandma was super impressed. She went from, "Don't get married" to "Can I officiate?"

• Love 4
(edited)
59 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Yeah, even the grandma was super impressed.

And Grandma was the only one in that family (including Jibroni) that acknowledged how hard it must be for Miona to be there unable to work, unable to drive, no friends, no family. So she naturally will cling to the only person she knows and who has shown her some kindness, Jibroni. 

I think his sullen attitude is just him being a spoiled brat facing reality....pre-covid when he was romping around the world working on his music, they could live the carefree vagabond life that was supported by his musical aspirations and her social media branding. Now in the post covid world, after having been out of the mix for 2+ years.....it is hard to pick up where he left off. AS it is for a lot of people---I keep telling people, it won't ever go back to 2019, there is a new "normal." He is facing the fact that he probably will make the most stable income utilizing his CDL.....leaving Miona alone to work on her branding, which may be fine but she will find someone else and move on. SHe is not the type to sit at home in podunk USA waiting for her man to come back in off the road from driving. She can do sooooo much better than him and he knows it...

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Getting pretty sick of hearing about how rich and successful Bilal is. He’s literally a random real estate agent living in Missouri. Nothing wrong with that. But certainly nothing to brag about either. Did all his family and friends grow up in extreme poverty or something to view him as someone with this amazing “generational wealth”?

Bilal is toxic, it’s in his face and eyes. From what I get he is beyond angry STILL that his ex wife left him. He's not looking for love, he is looking to control and hurt other women. Either he has a type or he singled Shaeeda out because she reminds him of his ex wife. When he sat there and ignored her because he was "angry" it’s a manipulative tactic and another form of abuse. Then with the yoga session with the kids. He was being petty because if the tables were turned he would be pissed Shaeeda is playing around during his "serious time". I would loooooove to know why his ex wife left. Shaeeda needs to go home to her loving family ASAP!

Shaeeda is also black, so it isn't racism that they're treating her like that. I think it's imperialism and xenophobia. She doesn't deserve to be treated like a little girl who couldn't make it on her own in America when she was an established business woman!

One of my coworkers is also a 37-year-old woman who wants kids and got married relatively late (last September) so she understands the biological pressure Shaeeda is feeling. She is forever worrying that she found her person too late in life to have kids. But girl. Bilal is NOT IT. Better to go back to Trinidad and build your family through one of the other methods available to single women these days.

Bilal pushing his daughter...My husband joked that by his own standards he nearly killed her.

Two positive notes. The Kara and Guillermo scene at the rodeo was almost like early season 90 Day Fiancé. I hate Kara but enjoyed that scene for some reason. Second, I find the John/Patrick/Thais mess actually engaging and interesting. It makes me react at least.

The bad is pretty much everything else. This season is painful and Ari and Bini’s story is noticeably fake and I say that as someone that usually is ok with some scripted drama on reality TV. Like I’ve said before, you know this season is the worst when you miss Gino and his stupid hat. Damn! 🙃

And the head scratching thing is, Shaeeda is calling all of it in her talking heads exactly how we're seeing it. Yet, she is downplaying and defending Bilal against "bullies" on IG. 

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I LOVE Miona. Love  her. She's amazing. I love her resolve and evenness and quick comebacks. Miona quotes:

"We can do California elopment. Nice weather, not buffalos and snow."

"Give me a queen wedding." In response to, "I want a queen, not a spoiled princess." (though princesses get married-- queens are already married, but whatever, it was a great retort).

"I don't want to be freezing. I don't want snow at my wedding. Oh no, that would be castastrophic."

I was even more impressed with Miona than I already am when Jibri was running down her accomplishments to his grandmother. Why doesn't his family feel she is worthy? I truly hope it is producer manipulation. Their disdain seems pretty real though. I agree that if they'd started in their own place, it would have been totally different. As it stands, the family dynamic history is weighing too heavily on a situation it shouldn't be part of at all. It's clouding his parents' judgment, placing "child" stress on Jibri, and is totally unfair to Miona. 

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Applause 3
On 7/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, Breedom said:

I feel bad for Bini. 

You’re a nicer person than I am. Fuck in haste, repent at leisure. No one was stopping him from using a condom. And it’s not like this was his first rodeo.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Since South Dakota allows braiders to work in beauty and barber shops without a cosmetology license,   So, there are a lot of options in Rapid City.        So, Jibri's mom has a lot of options for braiding.       I love how most of Jibri's family have their own style.   I really love his grandmother, for her style, and her kindness.    

• Like 1