Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Great Ex-pectations

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dani was definitely in this first episode, looking painfully thin.  Don't you remember her whining about Kathryn, nearly in tears (the apparent sole purpose of the Dani character), on the boat to the sand party and a few other scenes?

Was she?  I missed it as well.  I had heard she wasn't going to be on this season so I just thought that meant be on there at all.  Enh, I always liked Danni and felt a little bad for her.  She seemed to constantly play 2nd or even 3rd fiddle to someone else on the cast.  

Can we talk about the fashion for the roaring 20s party?  Did any of the men really fit the theme?  Most of the women did ok although I thought Katherine as a bit overdone and tacky, Leva looked a hot mess, and I liked Levita's dress but not her hair.  Austen's gf blue dress made it look like she was going to prom instead of a 20s theme.  And I didn't understand why her parents were making such a big deal about Austen's skull shoes, I thought they were cool.

Most of the men looked like waiters with their white dinner jackets on....

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Was she?  I missed it as well.  I had heard she wasn't going to be on this season so I just thought that meant be on there at all.  Enh, I always liked Danni and felt a little bad for her.  She seemed to constantly play 2nd or even 3rd fiddle to someone else on the cast.  

Can we talk about the fashion for the roaring 20s party?  Did any of the men really fit the theme?  Most of the women did ok although I thought Katherine as a bit overdone and tacky, Leva looked a hot mess, and I liked Levita's dress but not her hair.  Austen's gf blue dress made it look like she was going to prom instead of a 20s theme.  And I didn't understand why her parents were making such a big deal about Austen's skull shoes, I thought they were cool.

Most of the men looked like waiters with their white dinner jackets on....

Overdone and tacky pretty much sums up Katherine overall. I gave Austen's date a pass on the 20's outfit because she wasn't invited directly-his date-and maybe didn't realize how "20's" it was meant to be. No pass on continuing to date loser Austen though. Paige was the best dressed, IMO. As for Danni, women like her are really hard for me to take. She seemed like a constant doormat until she finally gained a little backbone with Katherine. But, if I recall correctly, she caved again in the end. I cannot fathom why anyone would want to be friends with Katherine. Katherine  IMO, has no friends, she has people she uses when it's convenient for her. She is also a constant train wreck. The way she treated Jennifer was disgusting.  Cameron and Patricia were 200% spot on about her. I assume they, especially Cameron, were pushed by production to make nice during the Katherine redemption seasons. Thing is, she was never redeemed, she was treating people horribly then,  it's just that Thomas managed to find someone even more outwardly crazy than Katherine. Ashley almost made Katherine look normal, but she is not. She is a seriously messed up grown woman. Naomie is not, and never has been, a favorite, but she did not deserve to be invited to a party to be attacked by a crazy bitch with lipstick all over her face for defending a friend. If someone put a rumor like that out there about any of my friends, I would have been furious too. Of course Kathryn doesn't get that, she'll doesn't have real friendship. Narcissistic, selfish child.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

I watched this last night, and I feel that things have gotten more contrived as it has been the past seasons.

I get the beef between Craig and Shep. They've always been like that. But Austen and Craig?! Don't buy it for one second. Don't they have that stupid uncreatively-named podcast that they do together?! And now SC is trying to sell me that Craig is drifting apart not only from Shep but from Austen too?! 

I get why Naomie went back to Charleston. But I wonder why staying in NYC wasn't an option for her. It's a big enough city for her not to run into her ex. And I would imagine that with the clout she has built over the years being a Bravolebrity, I imagine it would/should be easy for her to blend in with the NYC crowd, whom I'm sure she already knows a good number of them. She can start a new life in NYC for herself, so she didn't have to come back to Charleston with her "tail tucked in between in her legs." But maybe, "love triangle storyline in SC" was more alluring to her than "new life and growing in NYC."

I'm glad Katherine is no longer pretending to be sober, but girl was three sheets to the wind at her birthday party. She was slurring badly in that sofa talk with her bf before she decided to confront Naomie. I'm glad Naomie walked away. Make the crazy drunk lady look even crazier. 

Why is Madison still there?! Honestly, I'm sad she and Austen didn't work out. Trash deserves trash. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/24/2022 at 9:51 PM, Sage47 said:

I do not believe at ALL that Kathryn and Chleb are (were) a real couple. “I love you Roomie.” Oopsie-the platonic nature slipped out, lol. Let’s all be real: she grabbed onto Chleb so no one could call her racist after her monkey emoji debacle. Come on now. 

Totally agree! The timing of that "relationship" was just to coincidental.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

Shep and Austin are boring bloated old men.

That's pretty funny since Austin only 35. Craig is the youngest guy on the show-33. Shep is 42. Now Whitney is an old man. In his 50's. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That's pretty funny since Austin only 35. Craig is the youngest guy on the show-33. Shep is 42. Now Whitney is an old man. In his 50's. 

Yeesh. Look at what all that alcohol and late nights do to a person. I remember Austen being fresh-faced when he first joined SC 5 or 6 years ago (I think). Now he looks so washed out. Is it really slim pickings for women over there in Charleston that this dude keeps getting laid? 

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Yeesh. Look at what all that alcohol and late nights do to a person. I remember Austen being fresh-faced when he first joined SC 5 or 6 years ago (I think). Now he looks so washed out. Is it really slim pickings for women over there in Charleston that this dude keeps getting laid? 

He’s starting to look like Ned Beatty or a Saint Bernard 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

Naomi looks stupid, as someone said, she looks like Gia Guidice, which means plastic. She left SC thumbing the gang as she rode off with her "prize," a man who food shamed her while cheating on her. Now she comes crawling back to SC, regalling how popular she was in High School? Those that peaked in HS will always have a sad life. I believe she hooked up with Craig in an attempt to have a story line. I am glad Craig is not taking the bait.

It is really distracting how much she resembles Gia Guidice.  From what I gathered from Shep on WWHL, he and Kathryn seemed to be the only ones upset about her returning after she left acting like she's too good for the show. So I suspect that had much to do with Kathryn's anger towards Naomi.  But who knows, I can't begin to understand Kathryn.  Having said that, it can't be easy for Naomi to eat crow after what happened.  

What does Shep do exactly?  What is his appeal to women?  His money?  I would be more impressed if he still worked when not really needing to due to family wealth. I have zero respect for lazy men with no purpose.

Is Madison a cast member this year? 

I like Craig, but barely.  There really are no other likeable people on this show.

Edited by KLJ
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 7
On 6/25/2022 at 12:17 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought I heard that Danni wasn't coming back. I never heard anything about Madison and Pringle. In the previews, she flashed a good size rock, so she gets engaged to *somebody.* 

Good lord, Kathryn gets worse every season. 

So I watched again today very closely.  Dani was not at Katherine’s party.  Bet lots of watchers will go to Charleston and visit Craig’s store.  I would go also if it wasn’t so far away.  Is this like about Katherine’s 20th apartment she’s in?

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, KLJ said:

It is really distracting how much she resembles Gia Guidice.  From what I gathered from Shep on WWHL, he and Kathryn seemed to be the only ones upset about her returning after she left acting like she's too good for the show. So I suspect that had much to do with Kathryn's anger towards Naomi.  But who knows, I can't begin to understand Kathryn.  Having said that, it can't be easy for Naomi to eat crow after what happened.  

What does Shep do exactly?  What is his appeal to women?  His money?  I would be more impressed if he still worked when not really needing to due to family wealth. I have zero respect for lazy men with no purpose.

Is Madison a cast member this year? 

I like Craig, but barely.  There really are no other likeable people on this show.

Pringle looks pretty decent, but we really don’t know much about him.  His ex wife looked nice, so who knows what happened there.  I don’t think Shep is in love with his current girlfriend, or he would be engaged.  He’s still a frat boy, and not ambitious.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

So I watched again today very closely.  Dani was not at Katherine’s party.  Bet lots of watchers will go to Charleston and visit Craig’s store.  I would go also if it wasn’t so far away.  Is this like about Katherine’s 20th apartment she’s in?

I think production leases a place for her, to have something roomy and nice enough to shoot in.

Her real place probably isn't that nice.

One season it also seemed a lot of the cast numbers had BMWs and other nice cars.  Again, maybe leased for them so poof up the glam image.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, aghst said:

I think production leases a place for her, to have something roomy and nice enough to shoot in.

Her real place probably isn't that nice.

One season it also seemed a lot of the cast numbers had BMWs and other nice cars.  Again, maybe leased for them so poof up the glam image.

Remember last year she had leased some ridiculously expensive house and people were wondering where she got the money for it?  But before that when she still had the kids she was in some entry-level apartment in a mundane complex.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 6

Bravo could at least gave viewers a heads up on what’s happening in the present time.  A lot can happen in two years.  Who has Katherine’s kids, who is Madison’s fiancé, etc.  Crummy way to start a new season.  Wondering and half assed.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

And that dogshit kitchen needs a remodel. 

I’ve never seen something like that in my life.  With all that property, they don’t have one spot where the dogs could be walked each day?  In the kitchen no less.  Gross.  Patricia is so elegant and fussy with everything?

• Love 4
On 6/24/2022 at 11:03 PM, Marley said:

Did I miss something I didn’t see Dani at all. Pringle said hi to Madison there was nothing about them being a couple. I thought Shep was still with the same girl as last season. I feel like I watched a different show then some ppl lol.

SAME. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I watched this last night, and I feel that things have gotten more contrived as it has been the past seasons.

I get the beef between Craig and Shep. They've always been like that. But Austen and Craig?! Don't buy it for one second. Don't they have that stupid uncreatively-named podcast that they do together?! And now SC is trying to sell me that Craig is drifting apart not only from Shep but from Austen too?! 

I get why Naomie went back to Charleston. But I wonder why staying in NYC wasn't an option for her. It's a big enough city for her not to run into her ex. And I would imagine that with the clout she has built over the years being a Bravolebrity, I imagine it would/should be easy for her to blend in with the NYC crowd, whom I'm sure she already knows a good number of them. She can start a new life in NYC for herself, so she didn't have to come back to Charleston with her "tail tucked in between in her legs." But maybe, "love triangle storyline in SC" was more alluring to her than "new life and growing in NYC."

I'm glad Katherine is no longer pretending to be sober, but girl was three sheets to the wind at her birthday party. She was slurring badly in that sofa talk with her bf before she decided to confront Naomie. I'm glad Naomie walked away. Make the crazy drunk lady look even crazier. 

Why is Madison still there?! Honestly, I'm sad she and Austen didn't work out. Trash deserves trash. 

That’s what I hate about Bravo.  The crazier they all are, Bravo loves it, Andy too.  To them, it’s great t.v.  Meanwhile, they all are going down the toilet.  No wonder Cameron didn’t come back.  She’s a young Mother and her husband a Doctor.  She probably made a choice to not lie in the mud.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Katherine was angry-drunk and looking for drama. She should've stayed a redhead, because the white blonde hair isn't flattering on her. Or maybe brunette would be pretty on her, just not that fake-looking blonde. 

Whenever I see Madison, she looks smug. It's like she's perpetually smirking. 

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Okay, I put the pipe down, and realized that I confused a different episode (was watching previous season I guess, prior to new S8/1), and that is where I saw Dani.  This is the episode where Madison had the weird island sand party, which was supposd to be Austen's bday, had they not 'broken up'.

Mea culpa.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, I put the pipe down, and realized that I confused a different episode (was watching previous season I guess, prior to new S8/1), and that is where I saw Dani.  This is the episode where Madison had the weird island sand party, which was supposd to be Austen's bday, had they not 'broken up'.

Mea culpa.

Sometimes people can be so savage...stick with me, confusion is just a part of life, lol.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Whenever I see Madison, she looks smug. It's like she's perpetually smirking. 

She does this weird thing with her mouth in an effort to make her dimples stand out more. It's like Amanda from Summer House sucking in her cheeks all the time.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/26/2022 at 1:17 PM, chick binewski said:

Her trying to act like her and Craig had a grand love affair-laughable. She clearly used him to get on TV. As I recall she wouldn’t give him the time of day in college but suddenly was interested when he landed on Bravo. It’s pretty hard to buy that they hooked up in Vegas. Why would Craig go backward with the likes of her? 

Craig and Paige also seem TV scripted, sorry. I do think Shep and Taylor are legit-and very cute together.

• Love 2

There were two sides to Naomi.  She was very rude and forceful when she was with Craig and belittled him.  Along comes Metul and she’s all obedient and listens to his every word like she’s scared of him.  WTF?  He was nothing extra imo.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

There were two sides to Naomi.  She was very rude and forceful when she was with Craig and belittled him.  Along comes Metul and she’s all obedient and listens to his every word like she’s scared of him.  WTF?  He was nothing extra imo.

He was a Doctor. Honestly, I would have been just as awful with Craig. As I said before, if you have never been involved with a guy like that, it may look better than it is. Been there, done that. I recall coming home from a full day at work to Peter Pan on the couch watching some stupid rerun he had watched 100 times and dishes he had left in the sink. Because putting them in the Dihwasher would have required bending? But, I digress. I think Naomie was dazzled by the fact that she thought she snagged a grown up. Tool that he is. It was clear in his very few appearances that she had just gone from one toxic relationship to another, just a different kind of toxic. I am always disgusted by accomplished women that think they need a man to be complete, although I get the whole biological clock dilemma. Naomie has bad taste in men. 

Edited by chlban
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, chlban said:

He was a Doctor. Honestly, I would have been just as awful with Craig. As I said before, if you have never been involved with a guy like that, it may look better than it is. Been there, done that  I recall coming home from a full day at work to Peter Pan on the couch watching some stupid rerun he had watched 100 times and dishes he had left in the sink. Because putting them in the Dihwasher would have required bending? But, I digress. I think Naomie was dazzled by the fact that she thought she snagged a grown up. Tool that he is. It was clear in his very few appearances that she had just gone from one toxic relationship to another, just a different kind of toxic. I am always disgusted by accomplished women that think they need a man to be complete, although I get the whole biological clock dilemma. Naomie has bad taste in men. 

Apparently Craig wrote a book and admitted his Adderall addiction was really bad when they were dating.  Like he was found passed out by a dumpster one time.  She later said that was the root of their problems but she didn’t want to disclose that because it was his private info.  So although I’m not a fan of her in general it wasn’t just his perceived lack of ambition that was causing the problems. 

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 16
37 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Apparently Craig wrote a book and admitted his Adderall addiction was really bad when they were dating.  Like he was found passed out by a dumpster one time.  She later said that was the root of their problems but she didn’t want to disclose that because it was his private info.  So although I’m not a fan of her in general it wasn’t just his perceived lack of ambition that was causing the problems. 

Even if it was lack of ambition, I didn't blame her. I am not a big Naomie fan, but she did not deserve to be invited to Kathryn's party and then attacked. Naomie has bad taste in men, Kathryn is a Train Wreck. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

35 minutes ago, chlban said:

Even if it was lack of ambition, I didn't blame her. I am not a big Naomie fan, but she did not deserve to be invited to Kathryn's party and then attacked. Naomie has bad taste in men, Kathryn is a Train Wreck. 

It's such an obvious thing that you think maybe it was a simplistic story line from producers, like rich, overachieving girl can't stand slacker Craig, latches onto young doctor, then gets burned.

Just makes no sense for her to humiliate herself on a TV show, since she comes from money, just like it was puzzling that Thomas was on the show when he came across really bad and he certainly wasn't doing it for the money.

Maybe narcissim would explain it.

And if Naomi was playing a stupid role that producers set out for her, maybe she thinks she's nothing like the way she's portrayed on TV.

Well generally, reality TV show cast members would say their shows really don't depict their true selves.

But it's a dumb role, to come off materialistic and a social climber.  

Unless she doesn't get why those things are not a good look?

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, aghst said:

It's such an obvious thing that you think maybe it was a simplistic story line from producers, like rich, overachieving girl can't stand slacker Craig, latches onto young doctor, then gets burned.

Just makes no sense for her to humiliate herself on a TV show, since she comes from money, just like it was puzzling that Thomas was on the show when he came across really bad and he certainly wasn't doing it for the money.

Maybe narcissim would explain it.

And if Naomi was playing a stupid role that producers set out for her, maybe she thinks she's nothing like the way she's portrayed on TV.

Well generally, reality TV show cast members would say their shows really don't depict their true selves.

But it's a dumb role, to come off materialistic and a social climber.  

Unless she doesn't get why those things are not a good look?

I read that she is now a restaurant owner.  I assume that she inherited the one that was featured on the show when her dad died.  Maybe the mom is a co-owner.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sometimes people can be so savage...stick with me, confusion is just a part of life, lol.

Yep.  I was watching most of the previous episodes for two weeks, and even missed a couple in the end.  Then this season came on and I was thoroughly confused.  I did see Ashley leave for California tho, and get together with the other one who left.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

What’s with Shep?  Does he work at all besides this show?  Two years with that girl .. is she the one for him?  Looks like he’s not sure yet.  I wonder what Pringles story is.

I don’t think he’s ever worked while on the show.  He gets passive income from investments or a trust.  He used to surf a lot but with his age and additional weight maybe not so much now.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

It is interesting how this can happen to some people (women). Metul intimidated her and she felt inferior to him, thus putting up with his condescending attitude towards her. Meanwhile, she felt very superior to Craig and let him know it.

I understand a lot of her frustration, Craig drove me batshit crazy! Still…why didn’t she just break up with him instead of belittle him constantly? Oh that’s right, then she would have lost her TV spot…

Danni is interesting. In her first appearances she came off very no-nonsense, even tough. She had no problem telling Shep why they didn’t work out, and bluntly telling Thomas it would never happen due to his felony and what her family would think.

But later in the show, she became very submissive to Kathryn and to most of the cast, including smug bitch Madison. I wish Danni would have fired back, asking Madison how many times SHE had had chlamydia, and also told her, “eff off Madison” with a Kathryn-to-Landon middle finger. 😂

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

What’s with Shep?  Does he work at all besides this show?  Two years with that girl .. is she the one for him?  Looks like he’s not sure yet.  I wonder what Pringles story is.

I guess no kids for Shep-or he’ll be an old dad like Thomas. Taylor said she wants marriage.. he’s wasting her youth now. 

Might be time for her to skip out, esp after that upcoming scene of Shep calling her a fucking idiot (I think that’s what I heard). Shep has lost his hot-ness of first few seasons. 

Maybe the show will push Pringle & Venita into the next scripted relationship. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 5

Shep will be the stereotypical old rich guy who will have a baby by a 20 something year old. Just like Thomas. He doesn’t have to work and he obviously never plans to. His gf is prob hoping he will change and propose but I really doubt it.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7

Yep.  I was watching most of the previous episodes for two weeks, and even missed a couple in the end.  Then this season came on and I was thoroughly confused.  I did see Ashley leave for California tho, and get together with the other one who left.

Your guess is as good as mine...who is Ashley? LOL.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Shep will be the stereotypical old rich guy who will have a baby by a 20 something year old. Just like Thomas. He doesn’t have to work and he obviously never plans to. His gf is prob hoping he will change and propose but I really doubt it.

I think Shep has a mean case of FOMO when it comes to girls.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I read that she is now a restaurant owner.  I assume that she inherited the one that was featured on the show when her dad died.  Maybe the mom is a co-owner.

I seriously coveted that menu at Nico, I know the dad was a part-owner, so I'm not sure what happened after he passed. I do remember Craig calling the dad a jerk after he died.

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

As others have mentioned, Shep has that mailbox money. He has put some cash (or just his name) on that dive bar & the bowling alley. He also has the clothing line with the flag baseball caps & t-shirts that read "tan fat = muscle". 

The thing is, Craig was the only one who didn't appear to be well-funded - it seemed like he was doing that reality star thing of living solely off whatever the tv show brought in. But Shep, Whitney, TRav and Naomie have never had to adapt to the regular gig of always having a boss or always having to be somewhere at 8AM. They all may have applied themselves in one area or another but they had the time & luxury to do so.

I don't like Craig. At all. But I always felt he was picked on during the early seasons by people who were born on third and it always felt extra. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Shep owned a kind of dive bar/restaurant in the first seasons. He started it trying to leverage his exposure on the show. I don't know if COVID ran it out of business

I thought there was a mysterious fire. 

• Useful 3

A few months ago the NYer did a profile of Jeremy Strong from Succession and it got a lot of coverage because he came off as such an AC-tor and also because he was such a hustler as a young actor, inviting agents to watch him perform, etc. and his classmates at Yale Drama were like, “Ugh, he was so gauche” and of course you realize Strong came from Nowhereseville and his parents are working class and all these people who rolled their eyes at him were rich and/or connected.  

Having disdain for ambitious people is so classist.  I’m sure Jeremy Strong, and Craig, would like to be able to sit around all day and never make any effort, secure the world will come to them when they are ready, like Shep and even Austin does.  He doesn’t have that option and they are such snobs for making fun of him for trying at life.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I don't like Craig. At all. But I always felt he was picked on during the early seasons by people who were born on third and it always felt extra. 

Craig would drive me nuts if I had to deal with him on the regular.  But even at his worst, what I've always liked about him was that he clearly has compassion.  At the season 5 reunion when they were all calling Ashley out on her behavior and staying with Thomas, he did it pointedly but in such a way that wasn't belittling and that showed it came from a place of concern for her well-being.  In season 6, when they were all at the ski resort and Katherine was supposedly upset that Whitney denied having relations with her, Craig's point in confronting Whitney on it was "What does it cost you just to go talk to her and make sure she's okay?"  Even when he orders at restaurants, it's always "May I please have" and "Thank you very much."  When they're all vacationing together, he cooks for everyone.  Little things, maybe, but they all show that he was brought up right and taught to have manners and be nice to people.  Granted, that doesn't excuse his treatment of Naomie, but we all have our moments, and maybe that was the Adderall.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, mandymax said:

Craig would drive me nuts if I had to deal with him on the regular.  But even at his worst, what I've always liked about him was that he clearly has compassion.  At the season 5 reunion when they were all calling Ashley out on her behavior and staying with Thomas, he did it pointedly but in such a way that wasn't belittling and that showed it came from a place of concern for her well-being.  In season 6, when they were all at the ski resort and Katherine was supposedly upset that Whitney denied having relations with her, Craig's point in confronting Whitney on it was "What does it cost you just to go talk to her and make sure she's okay?"  Even when he orders at restaurants, it's always "May I please have" and "Thank you very much."  When they're all vacationing together, he cooks for everyone.  Little things, maybe, but they all show that he was brought up right and taught to have manners and be nice to people.  Granted, that doesn't excuse his treatment of Naomie, but we all have our moments, and maybe that was the Adderall.

I love Craig, not that anyone asked, lol.  He is compassionate and has a good heart.  He just didn’t want to be a lawyer, so staucked to his guns, then found his niche.  He’s doing something he loves.  I don’t think Naomi ever cared for him.  Shep doesn’t work and nobody is complaining.  Craig does have a soft spot for women, it’s just that Naomi didn’t have faith in him and always knocked him to his face.  She tore him down instead of letting him find himself.   I meant “stuck” up there.  I think he’s the best looking of the bunch too.😍

Edited by kristen111
Damn auto correct doesn’t correct.
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, ninjago said:

A few months ago the NYer did a profile of Jeremy Strong from Succession and it got a lot of coverage because he came off as such an AC-tor and also because he was such a hustler as a young actor, inviting agents to watch him perform, etc. and his classmates at Yale Drama were like, “Ugh, he was so gauche” and of course you realize Strong came from Nowhereseville and his parents are working class and all these people who rolled their eyes at him were rich and/or connected.  

Having disdain for ambitious people is so classist.  I’m sure Jeremy Strong, and Craig, would like to be able to sit around all day and never make any effort, secure the world will come to them when they are ready, like Shep and even Austin does.  He doesn’t have that option and they are such snobs for making fun of him for trying at life.

Who has the last laugh now?  Love it.  So much, that I might buy a pillow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4