Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Poison In The Honey

• Start Topic

(edited)

Shaeeda tries to bond with Bilal's children. Miona continues to come between Jibri and David. Kobe and Emily's dad talk man-to-man. Pat's gift to Thais has strings attached. Guillermo's vision for their wedding doesn't match Kara's.

Edited by greekmom
  • Love 1

Only two couples in the preview.

Emily and Kobe: She (or her friend) is teaching him horseback riding. And then she talks to her dad about Kobe swearing at her and telling her off. Uh, Ems, your actions had a lot to do with that. Your belittling of him and not including him in his child's care is a major factor. Do your parents not have any idea of how you behave - even toward *them*? They know that you have issues. Of course, you want to hit them up for money to pay for your dream wedding - maybe you can clean out a stall and have it in the barn. Nothing wrong with a civil ceremony and then have a nice dinner after.

Patrick and Thais: Oh she does not like living with John. She doesn't like the house - uh, well, it's probably a year's lease so you will be living in it for that time. With or without John. You really don't get a vote at this time. Patrick and John chose the house before you got there. Too bad. She also gets the gift of a new iPhone. Nice gift - hidden by tacky lingerie and a Mrs. Santa costume. Of course, she has to track him and his every move. Her dad cheated and of course, every man will cheat on her. Patrick had a short relationship with someone before she really came in to the picture. He doesn't want the location ennabling. Without trust, your relationship will not last. Patrick do this, Patrick do that, and what do *you* do?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I enjoyed Emily’s chat with her parents very much.

Her father was speaking truth to her lol.  I wanted him to say do you think if he gets a minimum wage job he will be able to support three people?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

My thoughts from the preview:

Emily hasn't ridden a horse in years but since they have horses right there on the farm, why did they have to go to her friend's to ride? 

She admits they can't pay for a wedding but she still wants a fancy engagement ring, too? Will she expect her parents to also pay for that?

She has no idea what Kobe will do for a job when he finally gets his Green Card. I guess there's not a big call for International Underwear Modeling in Kansas? 

Patrick is using the same excuse for cheating on Thais that he did for getting busted TWICE for the performance enhancing drugs. It just happened! He said they didn't have sex but admits he might have if he wasn't "floppy" from drinking so much but it doesn't count as cheating. (Remember Corey from WA who claimed he didn't cheat on Evelin because he wasn't able to perform with the other woman? The intent was there, though, so to me he's just as guilty.)

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 10
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My thoughts from the preview:

Emily hasn't ridden a horse in years but since they have horses right there on the farm, why did they have to go to her friend's to ride? 

I thought the exact same thing!!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I found the father getting the one sided account of the manure shoveling to be a total fraud.    I suspect that Emily and Mommy have decided that since Kobe didn't bring a lot of money, or job skills, that they don't need him.    I think they're setting the stage for calling the wedding off, and Kobe leaves and never returns.   

I can see wanting to use the friend's horses for a beginning rider.   Not all horses are good with beginners, and I can't imagine Emily as a riding instructor.   

• Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

Here is your welcome to America gift...that lingerie, (I noticed there were no tags on that crap),  is not for her, she knows that right? Strange that she opened that gift in a restaurant and even stranger this was the first time she saw the wrapped gift box, such BS.  The phone is a nice gift but it comes with a condition but truthfully I would have said something about the constant tracking too.  Thighs strikes me as the never forgive, never forget kinda gal.  

Emily's parents should offer Emily $1000 as a wedding gift for her to use for whatever and then tell her goodbye and good luck. 

As far as the horses next door, they looked like bomb proof horses that are use to first beginner riders, Kobe should stay in the ring and learn about horse safety but Emily should not be his teacher, she does not seem like a patient person, if she was going in hard while he was learning to muck I cannot imagine how she would be as a riding instructor.  Kobe knows not to walk up behind a horse, right? 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Strange that she opened that gift in a restaurant and even stranger this was the first time she saw the wrapped gift box, such BS. 

I also wondered how the box suddenly appeared at the table and also noticed that it was wrapped in what I call “Movie Style” so it could be opened several times without tearing the paper and re-wrapping between “takes.” 

Production shenanigans again! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Meathead is a meathead but comeon, Thais is in the States. She shouldn't need a tracker on his phone (or even before she came but that's another story).  Meathead was down to see Thais 19 times.  So after the first visit did he propose? Did he commit? Or did he just say "I love you".  I need more details before I can give him a pass or fail on his floppy time and just kissed a gal at the house party.  I can see her getting pissed off if he did it say after the 5th time or 10th time he came to see her.

Note: Bilahzebub needs a Thais in his life and not a Shaeeda. Thais would make Bilahzebub her bitch.

I hate Emily and her parents really cater to her but parents did have a point about the money (except for bringing in Kobe and putting the burden on him).  Plus micro weddings are the norm now.  Go to freaking city hall, get married and then save up for a small reception in 6 months to a year.  Besides cutting Emily off financially and making her get a better job, they need to step back and STOP enabling Emily's bad behaviour.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Emily's parents should offer Emily $1000 as a wedding gift for her to use for whatever and then tell her goodbye and good luck. 

See this would have been perfect if combined with, "Here's $1000, that's your wedding budget, no more. And before we give that to you, we need to see a financial plan and plan of action on YOU getting a job ASAP, and what Kobe is going to do once he has his green card." I appreciated that Slothily's father called her out on her unrealistic bullshit, but if he's going to keep bankrolling her life and bills then what's the point of any of it? Slothily, "I'm figuring it out..." No bitch, you're not figuring out anything, you're just laying around Daddy's farm doing fuck all. Like, forever. I'm sure she thinks she'll just stay there ad infinitum because I assume the main bedroom is upstairs and she has that entire downstairs as her 'home'. They need to kick them out. Period. Or tell her to live in Cameroon with him. Cameroonian ladies would put her in her place right quick, and I'd pay to see that shit go down.

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Note: Bilahzebub needs a Thais in his life and not a Shaeeda. Thais would make Bilahzebub her bitch.

Oh hell yes to this! I have no empathy for Shaeeda at this point. She sees who this fuckwad is, but she's going to stay with him for what she perceives is the nice house. Nothing he offers is worth his constant nagging, bitching, condescension, etc. He's so fucking selfish, he's gotta be terrible in bed too...Trini women are strong and tough, why is she putting up with this bullshit unless it's all staged. Oh wait, it's The Lying Channel so it must not be real...duh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

that 'fight' was truly outrageous

I couldn't even tell what triggered the fight. Daveed made some comment about Miona distracting Jibri from focusing on the music and suddenly they were rolling around on the floor (in front of the music producer they were trying to impress) 

I have another question, how does Space Ca$h "play every instrument known to man" while wearing that helmet? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 9

I don't blame Thais for not trusting Patrick about the possibility of cheating on her. He also cheated on his weight lifting career by taking drugs, not only once but twice which makes him a serial cheater in my book. He strikes me as the type who doesn't consider it to be cheating unless you get caught. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don't blame Thais for not trusting Patrick about the possibility of cheating on her. He also cheated on his weight lifting career by taking drugs, not only once but twice which makes him a serial cheater in my book. He strikes me as the type who doesn't consider it to be cheating unless you get caught. 

Also how much you want to bet they were both naked and he was mounting her when he couldn’t get the limp noodle to work?  That’s a lot more than a kiss.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I couldn't even tell what triggered the fight. Daveed made some comment about Miona distracting Jibri from focusing on the music and suddenly they were rolling around on the floor (in front of the music producer they were trying to impress) 

I have another question, how does Space Ca$h "play every instrument known to man" while wearing that helmet? 

The harmonica would have quite the echo. He would also need mini windshield wipers.

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I got the biggest giggle at the thought of him playing the harpsichord with that helmet on like Beethoven in space.

12 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Lol @ Jibri looking like Jem with the pink pleather jacket and electric blue shoes.... that 'fight' was truly outrageous 😆

Yeah, someone could have lost an eyelash.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The harmonica would have quite the echo. He would also need mini windshield wipers.

Hysterical!

They sort of seem like a reinvented space-themed Village People. They love their costumes. 

Jibrel seems like the biggest moron ever and his clothes atrocious. His fiancé is very smart and I love her. I think they will end up being together because he needs a smart woman to help him finagle life.

Emily is such a dullard. The baby daddy is hot.

Patrick-- another moron. The gf though also seems to struggle to form a complete thought. Patrick, sadly, is the brains in that relationship.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Wow,Patrick really had to say to Thais that all of the girls at the “party” are Ugly. 

Why not just say something like I love you & No one else matters? 

You don’t have to put other women down because yours is insecure. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 15

Emily's chat with her parents showed how ignorant they all are.  Emily and Kobe should have approached her parents together, but that strategy wouldn't have maintained or widened the divide between Kobe and Emily's family.  It's Kobe's wedding, too, and they apparently feel that he's solely responsible for every concern that they have.  He should have had the opportunity to participate, provide input and explain himself.

Kobe's been living in their small house with them for a month already, and he had been Facetiming Emily a year and a half before that.  The mother is hovering over him in every scene, and he hasn't gone anywhere, since he can't drive and has nowhere to go.  He's been under a microscope.  But, her parents complain that they hardly know him.   The mother actually says, "I've only known him for 30 days."  

Despite that Emily lived with Kobe in China, Baby Kovid is 17 months old, and Emily's applied for a fiance visa (which the parents probably sponsored), the mother acts like Emily and Kobe just met and are in the earliest stages of the relationship.  The mother believes that the relationship should be all rainbow and unicorns.  (Is that even possible with her daughter?)

Moreover, if it is not surprising that Emily asked for financial support, why didn't they address their concerns earlier?  If Emily has never had to pay a utility bill or support a family, she should have all her nanny earnings saved.  I hate that the father said that they'll provide or ensure for Emily and Baby Kovid, purposely excluding, yet again, Kobe.  That makes them the worst family this season.  All the other families accepted the fiances to some extent.

Emily insisted that she has Kobe handled, and she knows how to handle the relationship.  The parents should have cut her off right there and said, "Great.  Keep going!  Figure out the finances yourself."

• Applause 6
  • Love 7

Even if by some miracle or strange phenomenon Emily & Kobe actually move out & fund their own lives, her parents will forever hold it over their heads everything they’ve done & they will always dislike Kobe for telling Emily to shut the fuck up. People like them don’t ever change their minds. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Wow,Patrick really had to say to Thais that all of the girls at the “party” are Ugly. 

Why not just say something like I love you & No one else matters? 

You don’t have to put other women down because yours is insecure. 

Well she is one of the blandest & plain females throughout the 90 day universe. Most of them are either a hell nope or a yes i n varying degress but her look is just meh, the plainest plain Jane you are ever likely to see.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I guess he figures it's not cheating to make out or even attempt to have sex with a woman as long as he considers her ugly. 

• LOL 9
50 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Well she is one of the blandest & plain females throughout the 90 day universe. Most of them are either a hell nope or a yes i n varying degress but her look is just meh, the plainest plain Jane you are ever likely to see.

Yeah when he called her the hottest girl imaginable or something similar I was like take off the beer goggles.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

If she's a model, it's because of her body.  But, she's going to get fat pretty quickly, if their date nights and diet always include macaroni & cheese and spinach & artichoke dip, and beer.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

If she's a model, it's because of her body.  But, she's going to get fat pretty quickly, if their date nights and diet always include macaroni & cheese and spinach & artichoke dip, and beer.  

That is my diner tonight.  Thank you for shaming me, lol!

• LOL 16
(edited)
On 6/11/2022 at 2:42 AM, magemaud said:

Jibri's band sucks. The fight with him and David was as fake as I suspect the "big name" producer is.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 8

When Thighs tasted Patricks beer and he asks her what she thought of it I swear she was speaking Klingon.

Explain to me about her being able to have a beach wedding now but she couldn't before, has something greatly changed financially for Jibrone?  It seems that the Black Serbs would have to pay for studio time so that is money he no longer has, he has not gotten a job so why is it okay for her (financially) to plan a beach wedding now?  Also, who would be invited, none of her family is in the states, how many of Jibrone's family would go to a destination wedding? Can she go out of the country, is there something about not leaving the country until you get your green card? Does the import have to surrender their passport until some point in the process?

They recorded about a minute of a song, the producer has said absolutely nothing about anything, David The Famous Producer was probably a production intern.

Emily had a look on her face that said, "Yes, I will continue to ask for money,"

I'm out, my husband wants to watch something together, ugh, togetherness. LOL.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Shaeeda wants to be with a man who makes her nervous every time he opens the door.  The fact that she feels that she has to prove herself to him is rather disturbing, especially when he doesn’t seem to believe he has to prove himself to her.

Kobe wanting to take over Emily’s father’s business was good for a laugh.  The nerve of that guy.  At least, Andrei had the good sense to ask Chuck to teach him and make him a partner; not take over his business. 

I find Thais to be bossy and entitled.  I believe the producers were behind John's party.  Anything for drama.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I've only just started watching, but David is a piece of work. He baits Jibri about Miona. I don't think Jibri was trying to start a physical fight when he tapped David on the back of the neck, but David takes him down, anyway. David keeps yapping about Miona, Jibri keeps saying "concentrate on recording, never mind about Miona." Then David accuses Jibri of bringing Miona into everything, and convinces Jibri it's *his* fault for bringing her up, when it was actually David.

Later, Jibri tells everyone he feels like he gave up the band for Miona. Did we not see that David calls Jibri on the phone and the next thing we see, he's headed for Chicago, and not listening to any arguments to the contrary? These guys need a referee and to watch themselves on tape.

Their music stinks. Jibjab needs to rent that truck.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5
(edited)

This cast is the most unlikable for me ever. I think.

Also, it irritates me when Kara and Patrick speak Spanish. For some reason.

And it irritates me when Kara and Emily speak at all.

What is so bad about a simple wedding and nice lunch or dinner in the 90 day timeframe?!? And then save if they want something bigger. No one has any money, the visa seekers can't work,  but these couples all seem to expect so much. 

I'm not rooting for any of these couples. 

I so wanted someone in that band to make a Yoko reference.

Kara and Emily are such brats.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

A modest wedding here is easily in the $25-40,000 range.  Cocktail hour, dinner, dance, midnight snack, DJ. More if a decent band. Don’t know if it includes the dress, tux rentals, flowers, pictures, etc. That money can go to a cheaper reception and go toward a house or condo and furniture, etc. It is a huge industry and the couples also want multiple showers with high end gifts and expensive wedding presents. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3

LOL...no, I really laughed out loud at Jiveroni and Daveed's "fight"! But, the best part was the astronut's, half-ass attempt to stop the two quarreling lovers. He couldn't even be bothered to drop his guitar! Does the astronut ever remove his helmet? I bet production told him not to. What a wonderful supporting cast TLC's provided us with!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Didn't Patrick claim that was a million-dollar house? I don't think so, not a million-dollar house, not a million-dollar neighborhood. I have a sister living outside of Dallas, Frisco, Tx, who has a 1.5-million-dollar house, what I saw from the inside and outside of patrick's house, he got royally screwed if that's what he paid.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, You There said:

Didn't Patrick claim that was a million-dollar house? I don't think so, not a million-dollar house, not a million-dollar neighborhood. I have a sister living outside of Dallas, Frisco, Tx, who has a 1.5-million-dollar house, what I saw from the inside and outside of patrick's house, he got royally screwed if that's what he paid.

It's probably a rental.

This cast is just as  boring as the first season of 90 day that Libby and Andrei was on. I don't even remember who else was on that season.

Alot of the plot is TLC contrived because most of them are pretty solid having lived or been together more than just 1 day to 1 week and if rumour is believed, even currently married and just doing show for their 15 mins. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, You There said:

I think he said it was $750,000 or $800,000 if I remember correctly and that turned into “almost a million” and now “a million” . 

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Can she go out of the country, is there something about not leaving the country until you get your green card? Does the import have to surrender their passport until some point in the process?

You can leave the country while waiting for the green card, but only with an “Advance Parole Document” So, in reality it is difficult to leave the country while waiting, because getting the Advance Parole Document also takes time and is a hassle.

I was born in Germany and was living in the US with an Investor Visa. When I married my American husband I didn’t apply for a green card for several years because my father was seriously ill at that time and I needed to be able to travel back to Germany on short notice. With a pending green card application, getting on the next flight would have been impossible.

Edited by Cini
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Which be Emily's cue to pitch a full metal all out meltdown and threaten never to let them see their grandchild again. She's just the type to use her child as a bargaining chip. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:52 PM, magemaud said:

He plays them with his mind.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Kobe wanting to take over Emily’s father’s business was good for a laugh.  The nerve of that guy.  At least, Andrei had the good sense to ask Chuck to teach him and make him a partner; not take over his business. 

I missed the beginning of the show due to Tivo shenanigans, so perhaps I'm missing some valuable context, but his utter dismissal of grooming his future son-in-law to work with him in his business struck me as pretty obnoxious and condescending, if not possibly borderline racist.  Kobe has already run a successful business in Cameroon, and seems pretty sharp to me.  It was pretty depressing when he realized that his yearly income savings would be lucky to stretch a month in America, but many others here have mentioned the scale of the US economy vs other countries.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7

I don't understand how Kobe was a 'civil engineer' with no education beyond high school? Unless he meant like a land surveyor? I don't understand how people come to this country with no clue what it will take to support yourself. You have internet access,  check the local job market and see what the requirements are.  I did that when moving out of state, back in the day when the only 'job market' information was newspaper ads.  Yeah, aging myself, but just saying if I could do it then, no excuse not to do it.

Yve and Mohammed are the worst.  How could they have talked for 2 years and not figure out the basics like, 'I'm an independent American woman, I will never convert or be subject to the ways of Islam'.  And she was suppportive of him finding a place in the local Muslim community.  

I don't like her, but I do agree with Thais.  You need to start your life together just the 2 of you.  Get a smaller place you can afford, brother can do the same.

Moani could afford her wedding dress if she consigned 75% of her clothes someplace, or sold them on ebay.  Don't understand the dream wedding entitlement.  We had our reception in our back yard, cooked our own food, and bought my wedding dress at a going out of business sale.  We were just starting out, no way I was going to go into debt for one day of my life, which was a great time!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Patrick's house in Austin I think sold for over $800,000 (when he originally purchased it he paid considerably less), and when he speaks to Thais I believe he speaks Portuguese, not Spanish.  I believe I read the current house he is renting sold for around $600,000 and then was turned into a rental.  I sometimes have too much time on my hands and look these things up.  I need a life.

I fell asleep.  Guess I'll watch the end of the show later...just didn't keep my interest enough to stay awake.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A modest wedding here is easily in the $25-40,000 range.  Cocktail hour, dinner, dance, midnight snack, DJ. More if a decent band. Don’t know if it includes the dress, tux rentals, flowers, pictures, etc. That money can go to a cheaper reception and go toward a house or condo and furniture, etc. It is a huge industry and the couples also want multiple showers with high end gifts and expensive wedding presents. 

In my day, (53 years and counting!) the norm was pretty much church or civil ceremony, and a cake reception afterward. Actual dinners were rare. Hard for me to accept that now it's cocktail hours and midnight snacks, along with dances and multiple showers. No wonder these people can't afford weddings these days.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, renatae said:

In my day, (53 years and counting!) the norm was pretty much church or civil ceremony, and a cake reception afterward. Actual dinners were rare. Hard for me to accept that now it's cocktail hours and midnight snacks, along with dances and multiple showers. No wonder these people can't afford weddings these days.

57 years here.  In the 70's and 80's here in the Twin Cities:  30 minute church ceremony followed by a buffet dinner at the VFW, KC Hall, Elk's Lodge, open bar and a DJ.  Couple stayed until the end to thank everyone for coming.  For the most part that is how it went down.  Now?  $10,000 to start for a venue?  Geezaloo no thank you.

Kobe:  I have a hunch Emily told him he could take over the business someday.  She lives in her own world.

• Applause 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Which be Emily's cue to pitch a full metal all out meltdown and threaten never to let them see their grandchild again. She's just the type to use her child as a bargaining chip. 

I thought of that too, I bet there have been a lot of times that she pulls some conditional angle to getting what she wants from them.

• Like 2
  • Love 5