Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Fairytale Justice

• Start Topic

All rise! The legends are telling tall tales in court as they bring their best storybook characters to the witness stand in this twisted improv challenge. Drag Race veteran Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman is back to testify on the judges' panel

Spoiler

To be safe I'm putting this in spoiler tags; I'm not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not due to timing (even though it's currently on Paramount+)

I *loved* this episode. I laughed throughout the whole 3 pigs and most of the 3 bears. Jinkx is just *so* good. When she lost her ear, then told Ru to speak up, I laughed out loud. Viv was also great for the other team. I actually think Yvie did a great job, too, but it would have been impossible to beat Jinkx and Viv in this one. I agree that Viv pretty easily won the lip sync. And I yelled when she blocked Monet (but in a good way). Now things are going to get spicy, I bet.

• Love 8

This was a great episode, and another example of how amazingly talented this whole group is! I agree with the Top 2 - and with the winner of the lip synch. But I wish Yvie and Raja could also be awarded a prize for their contributions this episode.

How is Ru ever going to decide which of these amazing queens will win the prize?? 

• Love 7

I just adore Jinkx.   And I'm glad Ru acknowledged how awesome she was in this.  I love Raja and her runway was excellent but her acting was just so, so.  Yvie did a good job but she comes across one note to me.  This was just a variation of the Boogeyman and her runway - while impressive walking - wasn't very interesting to me.  Ru picked the right top 2 and I agree that Viv won the lip sync.  

What an amazing season this has been so far.  Loving every minute. 

• Love 8
(edited)

This show is really making me feel old. All I could think about during Yvie's runway was please, please don't break an ankle. I know she has the joint condition but those shoes are not meant for human feet!

Don't hurt me but I felt a little let down by this episode. I didn't think Jinkx's influencer pig was all that great; the best part was when her ear fell off while she was talking to Ru and she pretended she had hearing loss. Honestly I felt having her win was just a forgone conclusion, especially with the drama of her being blocked, but I would have been happier with Yvie or Raja.

Glad to see the Viv finally get a star and win a lipsync, she really needed the confidence boost. 

Raja if you're reading this I always pick you first....in my dreams. 🤣

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

I adore Jinkx and will never complain about her winning but I thought this was weak compared to previous “justice”skits. The judges seem like pod people because they never have a negative comment. I like it being more positive in general but if everyone is wonderful how do you pick a winner. I think I want a little critique. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Nilknarf said:

How is Ru ever going to decide which of these amazing queens will win the prize?? 

I think that the queens themselves will sort that one out: Raja and Jinkx won before WoW really perfected their draconian contracts, and I'm not sure that either one of them want to be shackled to the franchise in the way that Legal might want them to be -- Ru likes younger queens with fewer existing employment obligations. The Vivienne is a British national, and subject to a tangle of legal complications for both herself and Wow, so it's unlikely that they'll give her the Big Prize. We just had a UK Winner with UKvW, as well, so they'll probably give it to a US queen. Yvie has been operating just below the other queens, so if she didn't get a star this week, I'd say she's out. That leaves Jaida or Shea as the frontrunners, but perhaps Ru will troll us all and crown both Trinity and Monet as joint winners! Again!

28 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I adore Jinkx and will never complain about her winning but I thought this was weak compared to previous “justice”skits. The judges seem like pod people because they never have a negative comment. I like it being more positive in general but if everyone is wonderful how do you pick a winner. I think I want a little critique. 

It's a good point, but Jinkx's previous legal drama allowed her to show greater versatility by the fact that she had to switch roles and create different personas (all of them stellar). She made the most of what she was given in this episode, though, and was excellent in it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am really digging this cast and enjoying this season overall but I think the over the top praise is really starting to get to me.  As others have said, a little bit of constructive criticism would be refreshing.  I thought Shea disappeared in that challenge and Monet wasn't as strong as we know she can be. 

And of course all of the runways are going to be great.  All of these queens have money and can afford high quality custom designer outfits.  (Though is Jaida still making all of her clothes?)  But is everything really a "moment"?  I thought Yvie's was the most conceptually interesting outfit tonight and all they could talk about was her shoes.

20 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Raja and Jinkx won before WoW really perfected their draconian contracts, and I'm not sure that either one of them want to be shackled to the franchise in the way that Legal might want them to be

I don't know...  Jinkx has been trying really hard so far.  I think she wants to win.  I could see All Stars propelling her the way it did for Trixie.  Also, Raja is pretty involved with WoW already so I think she understands the commitment.  And it looks like she is trying pretty hard too.  I guess it could be act on both parts but I don't think so.

ETA: forgot to mention that I could have seen either Yvie or Raja up in the top with the Vivienne but I think that Ru gave the spot to Jinkx to protect her from being plunged (again) in addition to really enjoying her improv performance.

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

ETA: forgot to mention that I could have seen either Yvie or Raja up in the top with the Vivienne but I think that Ru gave the spot to Jinkx to protect her from being plunged (again) in addition to really enjoying her improv performance.

I think that Ru gave the top spot to Jinkx just to make her a bigger target by having her block someone else, and then end up having multiple queens be annoyed with her. Jinkx wore a tight dress to the lipsynch for a reason, and that reason was not to win the lipsynch. Jinkx was great in this episode, but there was really no reason not to give Yvie a win for what really was her best performance maxi challenge. Ru seems to be preparing a "participation" ribbon for Yvie instead of a Crown.

• Love 2

As much as I love Jinkx and thought her performance was so fun, I really thought the top two would be Viv and Yvie.  Yvie did amazing improv and physical comedy during the acting challenge and her runway was original and edgy.  I also was pulling for Raja to get her well deserved star.  

After watching Untucked, I have to ask:  is Monet really that upset about the block, or is she amping it up for the show?  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I am really digging this cast and enjoying this season overall but I think the over the top praise is really starting to get to me.  As others have said, a little bit of constructive criticism would be refreshing. 

The judging does get tiresome when all they do is unconditionally kiss ass all the way down the line. Other then the mask, I don't think Viv's runway look was that unique or special, and it's not going down in history.

Ru wouldn't even know who Trinity was without a teleprompter, she sure as fuck does not remember her audition video.  Also, Ru mentioned that Jinx did well in the post courtroom interview, but nobody pointed out that others i.e. Jaida totally blew that last part of the challenge. 

I was surprised they didn't put Yvie in the top 2, she had the biggest part and nailed it. I'm glad Monet finally got plunged, though.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I find most of the Drag Race improv challenges to be painful, so I was very impressed by these sketches - especially the first. They had a good pace, they made sense, there were multiple funny bits in each sketch, and they didn't devolve into random yelling.

I'm happy for Viv, but Jinkx and Yvie were the clear top two in my mind. Yvie did something really unique with that character, and made him consistently funny throughout, and then murdered the runway.

I hate that Raja and Yvie are the only two without stars. I would put Raja (with Jinkx) in the top two of the season overall, thus far.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I find most of the Drag Race improv challenges to be painful, so I was very impressed by these sketches - especially the first. They had a good pace, they made sense, there were multiple funny bits in each sketch, and they didn't devolve into random yelling.

I'm happy for Viv, but Jinkx and Yvie were the clear top two in my mind. Yvie did something really unique with that character, and made him consistently funny throughout, and then murdered the runway.

I hate that Raja and Yvie are the only two without stars. I would put Raja (with Jinkx) in the top two of the season overall, thus far.

I completely agree with you regarding the improv challenges, and I feel the same way about the acting challenges.  I would love this show to add a new writer to the team, maybe those type of challenges would be more entertaining (am I the only one who doesn't go wild over a catfight or food fight?). But, even so, the queens were all so clever as their characters, I enjoyed it.

Everything we are seeing during this iteration of Drag Race is top notch.  I'm loving it!

• Love 1
(edited)

This was another strong episode!

I saw the queens in 3 groups:

Top Two:

1)Viv--In my mind, she was far and away the best

2)Jinkx--great one liners

Next 4

3) Yvie--close but just below

4) Jada--so much better than I expected.  As good as Yvie, just a smaller role

5) Raja--great runway, improv was okay

6) Trinity--Good back and forth with Michelle, missing with others

Bottom 2

7) Shea--A miss on the improv and the runway

8) Monet--big miss improv and runway, a real non factor

I think this played out the way it should have.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

According to spoilers regarding the top 4:

Spoiler

Jinkx and Monet are the top 2 with Shea and Trinity coming in 3rd and 4th, respectively. Supposedly as the challenges get more difficult there is an opportunity to win more than one star. I don't know how valid this is...the same source got the early spoilers right but Monet hasn't been doing that great so it seems a little sus that she'd suddenly rise to top 2. Maybe with more music and dance challenges?

I stan the living fuck out of this show and I spend way too much time analyzing everything, so be warned. Going into it I thought Jinkx, Shea, and Trinity were going to kill every challenge and be blocked constantly. I thought the drama would come from the same queens blocking each other back and forth repeatedly. 

It obviously hasn't happened that way at all and I'm honestly glad, but I have a lot of empathy for the so called "bottom" queens because it must take a toll on their confidence, and I can see why Raja especially feels like wtf. I don't think there is a conspiracy against Yvie and Raja so much as they've always had one thing going against them. The John Waters mustache. Doing Snatch Game while not being Jinkx Monsoon. A bad runway (Yvie's wrinkled anime outfit with flats). Someone edging them out by just a hair. I wish the judges would critique more so they would at least know what to elevate. With all that said I REALLY want them both to get stars before this whole thing is over because I'd hate to see anyone be the only one to go home without one of those cheap ass pins. I'd also love if Raja suddenly started sweeping the floor with everyone because I just adore her so much. 

Sleeping and sweeping are not the same
  • Love 4

Still not watching this, just keeping up with it, and yo. We need to talk about Bruno. Was he just added to the Pit Crew in season 14 or have I been sleeping on him?

...I mean, I wish I was sleeping on him. HEY OOOOOH. But seriously, he is FINE.

I wonder how much The Viv's struggles this season (I mean, relatively speaking) come from the different culture of drag over here? Anyway, I wasn't all that impressed with her performance this week (I think Jinkx, Yvie, and maybe even Trinity performed better).

I have always chalked up Jada's win to her luck that Goldblum was such a professional (Look over there!) during that challenge but she has impressed me this season with some of her wit and cleverness; not necessarily in any of the challenges but in her talking heads and interactions with the other queens. 

Jinkx won this challenge handily and I believe she took it a bit easy during the Lip sync so as to not put herself in the position to have to block anybody. I thought she looked a little reserved. Her door gag on the way in and her "I can only hear you 50% as well" on the way out was GOLD!

Shea may be the most overrated queen (who has won) the show has had. She talks a great game and everybody is always praising her but I just don't see it. 

• Love 4

I think The Viv did a great job this week but I too wish Yvie could have gotten a star.  I'm sorry - when she licked her balls I almost fell off my bed.  It was hilarious...and her gags were so funny that they kept her through the second trial.  I thought the best part of Jinx was the door gag and the missing ear...the rest of the time I was just not impressed.  Shea and Monet disappeared into the scenery during these challenges.

Not sure about Jinx throwing the lip sync but Viv was out for blood so she threw her everything into it and got a star.  For some reason I think everybody will end up with a star at one time or another this season.

Wish the judges would judge a little more.  However all the queens are doing well this season...I am really enjoying it so much that I now have to watch Pit Stop as soon as it airs to see what Bob has to say.

• Love 2

Bruno's been around the last few seasons. I so heart his smile. 

Jinkx's OnlyHams reference was just perfect, she never broke character & used her ear falling off to advance her total domination imho. I thought her win was well deserved but thought Yvie did well too, especially since she was in both court cases, and would've been torn as to who got the other star, her or Viv.

I thought Ru looked SO disturbing wearing those prostheses as the court reporter I couldn't look at her after seeing her for the first time. 

I've been over JBC for a while, I find him annoying so I was only meh on his guest judge role here. 

4 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Bruno's been around the last few seasons. I so heart his smile. 

Jinkx's OnlyHams reference was just perfect, she never broke character & used her ear falling off to advance her total domination imho. I thought her win was well deserved but thought Yvie did well too, especially since she was in both court cases, and would've been torn as to who got the other star, her or Viv.

I thought Ru looked SO disturbing wearing those prostheses as the court reporter I couldn't look at her after seeing her for the first time. 

I've been over JBC for a while, I find him annoying so I was only meh on his guest judge role here. 

Was there  a specific look Ru was referencing?  The ears were elfish, yet she had on a track suit with casual sandals.  It was a choice (and I agree, a VERY different look for Ru.)

On 6/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

According to spoilers regarding the top 4:

Reveal spoiler

Jinkx and Monet are the top 2 with Shea and Trinity coming in 3rd and 4th, respectively. Supposedly as the challenges get more difficult there is an opportunity to win more than one star. I don't know how valid this is...the same source got the early spoilers right but Monet hasn't been doing that great so it seems a little sus that she'd suddenly rise to top 2. Maybe with more music and dance challenges?

I stan the living fuck out of this show and I spend way too much time analyzing everything, so be warned.

Did you notice it was Jaida who handed Viv the xylophone during the LSFYL?  That kind of foretold Viv choosing to block Monet rather than Jaida, if it were between those two.

(edited)
On 6/6/2022 at 8:59 AM, Mahfouz said:

Shea may be the most overrated queen (who has won) the show has had. She talks a great game and everybody is always praising her but I just don't see it. 

I thought Shea was pretty great in her season, but I truly loved Sasha Velour and was beyond thrilled for her win.  When Shea came back for her All Stars season, her entire storyline seemed to be about her traumatic experience of losing to Sasha and being triggered by rose petals.  It reeked of entitlement to me…she couldn’t just feel that Sasha had beaten her with that iconic LSFYL, no, she was sabotaged by rose petals.  And then “fans” taunting her with rose petals afterwards, while that’s pretty shitty and I get could be upsetting to a degree, Shea had to go into therapy over that and IIRC, she said she suffered from PTSD after the experience.  I remember so many teary moments on stage, with poor Miss Couleé telling the judges how tragic her life had been since losing to Sasha.  I lost any positive feelings I had for her after that.  The very nature of a competition is that not everyone wins!!  She truly seemed to think that because she had done well in most (all?) of the challenges that she was owed the crown, forgetting that not only did Sasha perform brilliantly all season, too, but that Mama Ru can pick anybody she wants, despite how well or poorly they do.  (How else to explain the inclusion of Silky or Kandy Muse in their finales?). So while I do find Shea positively beautiful to look at out of drag, and a pretty good (occasionally great) performer, I just don’t like her and I feel like her All Stars win was a consolation prize.  Both Jujubee and Miz Cracker performed brilliantly that season and would have made wonderful winners.  

Edited by CraftyHazel
Missing letter
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Some tea for episode 5 including a big twist, why Viv blocked Monet, the challenge and who wins it, and some apparent strategy that I've yet to understand.

Spoiler

Not sure why Jinkx would cite Jaida for helping her with the ball and not Trinity who basically made her dress. My guess is if she has to give someone a 2nd star she chose who she thought was weaker and less likely to win more.

(edited)

I was thinking of the candidates for a possible Season 2 of All winners and the likely contenders. They could draw from all the international franchises but of course the English communication capabilities will vary considerably or it could be a veritable Drag Race: Tower of Babel.

let's assess all the other contenders (I'm bored so here's a list): 

1. S01 Bebe Zahara (may do it although she did AS3 already)

2. S02 Tyra Sanchez  (persona non grata)

3. S04 Sharon Needles(cancelled by fandom) 

4. S06 Bianca del Rio (too busy) 

5. S07 Violet Chachki (in the WoW sphere so likely) 

6. S08 Bob TDQ (if not clashing with We're Here schedule probably yes) 

7. S09 Sasha Velour (probably won't) 

8. S10 Aquaria (likely contender) 

9. S13 Symone (too soon ? but likely) 

10. S14 Willow Pill (too soon) 

11. AS1 Chad Michaels (probably not) 

12. AS2 Alaska (probably would but seems to be on the outs with WoW (?) 

13. AS3 Trixie Mattel (too busy and probably unlikely) 

14. AS6 Kylie Sonique (too soon but likely)

15. Thailand S01 - Natalia Pliacam - English not good 

16. Thailand S02 - Angele Anang - English not good 

17. UK S02 - Lawrence Chaney - quite likely 

18. UK S03 - Krystal Versace - too soon but likely 

19. Holland S01 - Envy Peru - likely 

20. Holland S02 - Vanessa van Cartier - possible

21. Italia S01 - Elektra Bionic - probably not 

22. Canada S01 - Priyanka - Oh yess!

23. Canada S02 - Icesis - too soon but probably 

24. Down Under S01 - Keta Mean - possible 

25. Espana S01 - Carmen Farala - English not good 

26. Espana S02 - (won't spoil winner as its fresh) - too soon but English seems fine

27. UK versus the World - Blu Hydrangea - too soon but likely 

Phew ! did I leave anyone out ??

Edited by Wonderlad71
  • Applause 2
On 6/7/2022 at 6:39 AM, CraftyHazel said:

I thought Shea was pretty great in her season, but I truly loved Sasha Velour and was beyond thrilled for her win.  When Shea came back for her All Stars season, her entire storyline seemed to be about her traumatic experience of losing to Sasha and being triggered by rose petals.  It reeked of entitlement to me…she couldn’t just feel that Sasha had beaten her with that iconic LSFYL, no, she was sabotaged by rose petals.  And then “fans” taunting her with rose petals afterwards, while that’s pretty shitty and I get could be upsetting to a degree, Shea had to go into therapy over that and IIRC, she said she suffered from PTSD after the experience.  I remember so many teary moments on stage, with poor Miss Couleé telling the judges how tragic her life had been since losing to Sasha.  I lost any positive feelings I had for her after that.  The very nature of a competition is that not everyone wins!!  She truly seemed to think that because she had done well in most (all?) of the challenges that she was owed the crown, forgetting that not only did Sasha perform brilliantly all season, too, but that Mama Ru can pick anybody she wants, despite how well or poorly they do.  (How else to explain the inclusion of Silky or Kandy Muse in their finales?). So while I do find Shea positively beautiful to look at out of drag, and a pretty good (occasionally great) performer, I just don’t like her and I feel like her All Stars win was a consolation prize.  Both Jujubee and Miz Cracker performed brilliantly that season and would have made wonderful winners.  

You said it better than I could, but I feel the same way.  She and Sasha were good friends throughout the season as well; didn't they partner up on some of the maxi challenges?  Then she just turned on Sasha. 

I loved both Jujubee and Miz Cracker; not a Shea fan (nor one of Monet--talk about entitlement!).

Bunny Bruno was amazing.

The rest was kinda meh. The runway looks all felt off to me. I loved most of Raja's outfit, especially all those awesome crystalled two-toned spikes, but that weird front fanny pack thing threw me. The court cases were fine but had no real big LOL moments, other than Jinx losing her ear, which was marred by Ru looking ugly AF with the tracksuit and troll ears and the sunburned skin. WTH was that look?!

I wasn't all that entertained with Viv's convoluted characters and accents. It was a little faux Robin Williams.

Yeah this one fell flat for me.

• Love 2