Type keyword(s) to search

Alaska In The Media

• Start Topic

Based on the promos, this very much seems like something that should have premiered mid-season. I'm not sure it will make it as a Fall show. Maybe Hillary Swank will draw people in

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DanaK said:

Based on the promos, this very much seems like something that should have premiered mid-season. I'm not sure it will make it as a Fall show. Maybe Hillary Swank will draw people in

Watching it now…..only because of Swank.  

I watch on DVR so I shut it off after the program, but something was mentioned about a February return?  Not sure.  However, it has completely disappeared from my list of recordings, and the search results are nil.  It's almost as if it doesn't exist anymore.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2022 at 2:37 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I watch on DVR so I shut it off after the program, but something was mentioned about a February return?  Not sure.  However, it has completely disappeared from my list of recordings, and the search results are nil.  It's almost as if it doesn't exist anymore.

It had its Fall finale this past Thursday and will return with new episodes on February 23. My DVR is showing a probable repeat on December 8

• Love 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's such a long time to wait.

A few shows have been doing that the last few years. It will allow the show to run its remaining episodes for the season with few or no repeats

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DanaK said:

A few shows have been doing that the last few years. It will allow the show to run its remaining episodes for the season with few or no repeats

That's true, but most shows air more than 6 episodes before taking a 3-month break, in order to build an audience - especially new shows. I really like this show, but IMO, a break that length is not going to do it any favors. ABC maybe should have waited to launch it until January.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

The new series Three Pines on Amazon Prime is also covering MMIW (Canadian First Nations), although in the books there is no reference to it. They've done a pretty good job of weaving MMIW into the original story.

Would have ABC have wanted to avoid competing against Three Pines?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Alaska Daily's Winter Return Delayed 1 Week — Find Out Why

Alaska Daily which was scheduled to kick off its final five Season 1 episodes on Feb. 23, will now return a week later — on Thursday, March 2 at 10/9c, the network announced. The season finale is now set for Thursday, March 30.

The move will allow viewers to watch the remainder of Season 1 uninterrupted over the course of five consecutive weeks.

You think they would have thought of that before when they announced their mid-season schedule

• Like 7
On 2/3/2023 at 5:12 AM, DanaK said:

You think they would have thought of that before when they announced their mid-season schedule

Five consecutive weeks, finale on March 30.

Is Season 1 supposed to have 11 episodes? I thought it's gonna 10.

• Useful 1

so disheartening that they keep some of the other shows that show nothing new, just the same old tired plots and this show is cancelled.  surely there is another network that could pick it up???

• Like 3
On 5/14/2023 at 1:52 PM, Simba122504 said:

Another show that should have been on a streaming network. I'm going to miss it. 

I guess we could keep our fingers crossed that it gets picked up by a streaming network. A long shot but not impossible.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I guess we could keep our fingers crossed that it gets picked up by a streaming network. A long shot but not impossible.

It takes a huge viewer campaign to make that happen.  Longmire was picked up by Netflix after A&E dropped it but there was hug fan outcry before that happened.

• Like 1

I came here to see if (miracle!) there was any talk of rebooting this wonderful show. Of course with the actors' and writers' strikes there won't be any new shows for awhile. Others have commented that it could go on without Hilary Swank if she had other prospects and I agree. Nothing against her, I just like so many of the others in the cast. Grace Dove for sure. There was one episode with someone who wasn't exactly a police officer but was clearly doing a fine job of taking care of her city because of caring personal relationships with the residents of her small town. I would like to see more of her. This might have been episode 10 with Georgina Lightning. Sigh.

• Like 5