Type keyword(s) to search

Non-Spoiler Speculation And Discussion: The Past Becomes The Future

• Start Topic

This thread is for non-spoiler speculation and discussion about what will come based on media reports and what has come in previous seasons. 

This is not a replacement for discussion in episode threads.  Discussion of the season belongs either in the episode threads or the 8th episode thread of each season for a catch-all of that season.

No book spoilers are allowed beyond what you'd read on the book jacket.  That means talk of who ends up together and their general story is fair game, based on the book descriptions.  It's not okay to go into specific scenes that haven't aired yet unless they're brought up in interviews.

Casting speculation, whether they'll explore LGBTQ+ stories...etc.  It can go here as well. 

• Love 1

That would be an unexpected twist but then what happens when she meets her mate, who I’m assuming will be another aristocrat whose apart of the Ton? Would LW just pass on to the next person? I’m actually fine with LW going away once Penelope is married off.  The show can still have the Ton gossiping over the latest scandal without her column. The writers would just have to find another way of showing how gossip spreads in the community which shouldn’t be too hard.

Though it would never happen, with Eloise’s claim of being a feminist and her liberal mindset it would be interesting to see her character living a life similar to Mary Shelley. Perhaps not as messy as Ms. Shelley’s with all the musical beds and drama, but still teetering on the edge of society, associating with free radicals and for a while living a somewhat transient life all over Europe in search of art and liberation before settling down with her Percy Shelley like husband (again similar in some ways, but not as over the top) in London after they’ve sewn their wild oats. Of course he’d have to be rich too for them to live such a radical life with comfort and ease because I couldn’t see Eloise doing it any other way. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Enero said:

That would be an unexpected twist but then what happens when she meets her mate, who I’m assuming will be another aristocrat whose apart of the Ton? Would LW just pass on to the next person? I’m actually fine with LW going away once Penelope is married off.  The show can still have the Ton gossiping over the latest scandal without her column. The writers would just have to find another way of showing how gossip spreads in the community which shouldn’t be too hard.

Though it would never happen, with Eloise’s claim of being a feminist and her liberal mindset it would be interesting to see her character living a life similar to Mary Shelley. Perhaps not as messy as Ms. Shelley’s with all the musical beds and drama, but still teetering on the edge of society, associating with free radicals and for a while living a somewhat transient life all over Europe in search of art and liberation before settling down with her Percy Shelley like husband (again similar in some ways, but not as over the top) in London after they’ve sewn their wild oats. Of course he’d have to be rich too for them to live such a radical life with comfort and ease because I couldn’t see Eloise doing it any other way. 

That would be cool. Eloise would probably. I really want to see her do something with her views more than just being obnoxious.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I wonder if they'll decide to make Eloise Lady Whistledown once Pen & Colin hook up?

Honestly, if there's anyone I can see picking up the baton, it's Portia. I have no idea about her writing capabilities, but her temperament is better suited than Eloise's IMO. Though my theory is that Lady Whistledown is revealed or is about to be revealed, and Portia covers for Pen. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

Honestly, if there's anyone I can see picking up the baton, it's Portia. I have no idea about her writing capabilities, but her temperament is better suited than Eloise's IMO. Though my theory is that Lady Whistledown is revealed or is about to be revealed, and Portia covers for Pen. 

I had not thought of this but I could see it! As a matron, Portia has a reason to be at these events (chaperoning) but no one is really paying her much attention. I also know Portia isn't going to abandon her girls- I can disagree with how she goes about things, but she wants them protected and provided for. She would cover for Penelope in a heartbeat.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, katha said:

IMO it was clear in season one that Bailey is a strong and experienced actor who can handle whatever they throw at him. And looking back, some of the stuff they started with him in season one paid off in season two: Trying to escape his duties with his mistress, his tense relationship with Violet, him being the one character who actually apologizes when he screws up. OTOH the writing for him in season one at least had some sort of direction, even if it made him unlikeable.

The writing for Colin is IMO either non-existent or just bad. At current evidence I'm not sure they know how to write for him at all. Yeah, it was all about Pen and Marina, but that was also because Colin was just written as clueless. That has been his one beat far too often. I don't know if the actor can handle more because they never give him anything. Even scenes that are supposedly about him treat him as a nonentity. And IMO that is much more a script than a performance problem.

I've enjoyed the recent Coughlan interviews, though. I concur with her view on Pen and hope that this perception lands on screen next season.

I agree with everything you've said here. I think next season the Colin/Penelope pairing is going to be all about Penelope, more specifically the LW stuff coming to a head and that being a roadblock to her finally getting Colin as he'll find out the truth. 

I really don't think we'll see much added to Colin, because there's nothing there already. If the writers wanted to give him some layers, even subtle, they've failed to do so for two seasons. We've not seen any real relationship between him and really anyone. He's just kind of there.

They had great material to work with from the Marina breakup and him running off to travel the world because of it. He could've come back more mature and less oblivious. Instead of running to see Marina he could've acted on his thought that Penelope was the only one who stood by him and gave him comfort with her letters during his travels. He didn't have to try and get with her, but he could've started to see her and thus sought out a true friendship with her. Additionally, this would've tied in nicely to him "saving" the Featherington ladies, from the Lord.

All that said, I do hope that when he does learn Penelope is LW he doesn't have a temper-tantrum over what she did to Marina and it'll be more about her lies and how she, at times, nearly ruined his family. I also hope that Eloise is vehemently against the relationship once she learns of it. I will be very unhappy if she's turns out to be their biggest cheerleader, especially considering what happened at the end of S2. Moreover, even if she didn't know that Penelope was LW, I don't know if she'd be supportive of her friend being involved with her brother. There's definitely some interesting dynamics to explore with this. Sadly, none of them include Colin. 

• Love 6

Here's a possible undertaking for Colin - finishing university. It really didn't hit me until recently that Anthony funded his travels while he should have been at (I'm presuming) Oxford. We were having discussions about him and Benedict pursuing careers, but I don't think Colin would have been done with university at the age of 20 when he went off on what was basically his gap year. There are possibilities for him in S3, I just don't know how (if) interesting they'll be.

• Love 2

I would like season three to start with Colin having finished his studies finally and starting some kind of career, like law or architecture or some other pursuit that is his own.   Even if it's just managing his own estate that he would be given.  And I want Eloise to just blurt out that Pen is LW to him when he's trying to get her to patch things up with Pen, and probably being annoyingly big brother about it.  

This is the starting point that I want.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Reading these discussions made me realize how much they didn't write for Colin and why he feels so lackluster as a character. Benedict-Eloise have their special sibling relationship. Anthony-Daphne have their close relationship. Anthony and Benedict are close brothers. Eloise has her friendship with Penelope. Benedict with his art group and Madame Delacroix. Violet dragging Anthony every chance she got over two seasons and their complex mother-son relationship. Violet looking to Benedict to look after his siblings. Violet's relationships with Daphne and Eloise. Anthony and Simon's friendship was 🔥. Honestly I was missing the Duke this season solely for his friendship with Anthony. Theirs is the kind of friendship chemistry I want for Polin. I was shipping Simon/Anthony more than Simon/Daphne last season 😁. That scene in season one where they throw barbs at each other about their fathers? Phew!

Meanwhile Colin has been there mainly as an object of Penelope's pining. He's always filmed from her POV. And yet we don't see what it is about him that she finds attractive. As @katha mentioned, being oblivious seems to be his main character beat and that's not attractive. The relationship with Marina was once again more about Pen and LW.

I hear that book Colin is different and that his characterization/personality has been given away to other characters. I am also confused why they did not give Colin an actual character arc last season if they knew Polin was season 3. At least this time around it's not the female character who is getting shortchanged in terms of characterization and story so that's something. I like that Penelope is the more important character, but I hope her romance story is also sexy and fun and entertaining and for that her love interest needs more depth.

Colin needs a lot of scenes with Violet, Anthony, Eloise etc. next season. Does anyone know if Will Mondrich is coming back? Maybe they can build a friendship between Colin and Will and Colin can hang at Will's new establishment. Maybe he tries his hand at writing. I have no idea what his character arc is going to be next season because of how much of a blank slate he is. The writers have their work cut out for them. Hopefully the new showrunner is upto the task. Nicola seems excited so there's that.

I wonder what Lady Danbury will be doing next season.

• Love 6
(edited)

anamika, if I could like your post twice, I would. I agree with every word.

12 hours ago, anamika said:

I am also confused why they did not give Colin an actual character arc last season if they knew Polin was season 3.

Right? And my bar is even lower. A character arc would have been great but failing that, surely they could have given him some lovely moments with individual family members to endear him to the viewers. He has really fallen through the cracks in that regard.

This past season Benedict got a second sexual relationship, a comedic stoned episode, an attempt at following his dreams with the art school plotline, and lots of supportive scenes with Anthony and Eloise, including best man at the wedding. That was a good lead-in season for a leading man. He grew on me because he got the chance to shine in the background of the main story. And, actually, the number one thing that convinced me he was being set up to play the lead next season was the nudity! I didn't think they'd get a main character to bare his ass for no reason. (My bad, obviously! 😂)

It makes me wonder when the decision was made to focus on Penelope and Colin next season.

But perhaps the writers unintentionally write more for the performances they enjoy. I enjoy Eloise, but given that her romantic storyline is likely two years off at best, I wonder if she would have been given so much material already if the actress wasn't so fun to watch.

Whatever the reason, I agree that Colin has been neglected. Right now it looks like Penelope is the lead next season, and Colin may as well be the new person on the show starting from square one.

Edited by Kirsty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, anamika said:

I wonder what Lady Danbury will be doing next season.

I imagine she won’t be involved in Colin/Penelope’s story. So we may not see much of her unless she advises Kate, who may face some challenges taking over the Bridgerton household from Violet. I’m guessing Mary and Edwina won’t be around at all next season. However, it would be cool if the writers used Edwina’s wedding to set up the storylines for S3. We don’t have to see the wedding, we could just start at the reception. We see that she’s married either the Queen’s nephew or some other guy and is moving to the countryside or out of country with Mary. That would take about a minute or two before the story moved on to checkin with the main characters and what they’ve been up to for the past year. 

I will say besides more Kate/Anthony, which I hope we’ll see a lot of. I’m very interested in how Violet and Kate will get along. They had no one on one interaction this season, and next season Kate will be taking over a household that Violet has run for over 20 years. Tension and disagreements between the two will be inevitable, which may also cause a few arguments between Kate/Anthony. It was stated that Kate would also be responsible for the Bridgerton siblings, which I’m guessing means she’ll be responsible for, or at least heavily involved with getting them married off. This should also prove interesting as she and Violet may have different approaches and ideas about who is best for whom. This may be how  Lady Danbury is utilized as well since she seems to enjoy and be quite good at matchmaking. And she’s close to both ladies. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, GaT said:

The pressure/comparisons is going to be the same as what Jonathan Bailey had following Regé-Jean Page after season 1.

Oh sure, I am certain there was a lot of pressure on cast and crew to live up to the hype of season one especially when their break out star left the show and a lot of fans were saying they were no longer going to watch the series or hoping that the show fails because the story only works with the hot duke etc.

I am talking more in terms of acting?  As in Bailey understood the assignment and gave it his all in both seasons. As in the assignment being historical romance hero. As in forbidden love and yearning and unresolved sexual tension and longing stares. I thought Bailey proved he could do this with Kate considering how intense and passionate Anthony/Siena was. There was a reason a lot of book Kate/Anthony fans were disgruntled about this show only relationship because of how much chemistry there was with them.

I am yet to get that sense of intensity with Colin. As I mentioned earlier, I am not even getting fun friendship chemistry between Colin and Pen in season two like I did with Anthony and Simon in season one.

Again, this could be due to the writing. For example, Simon was written as so repressed that there was not a lot emoting that Page could do. I didn't totally buy into his passion for Daphne. On the other hand, I can believe that Anthony is barely restraining himself with Kate. Just the way he looks at her, the jaw clenching, the near kisses, the low talking. As good as an actor Page is, Bailey was able to match him in season one.

Luke Newton has been unable to step up the same way in two seasons - mostly because the writing has majorly failed him. Luke Thompson as Benedict has been given more build up and emotional beats to follow Bailey's Anthony as a romance hero. As  @Kirsty said, Colin's going to be almost a new character, a blank state next season. He needs a lot of good writing, needs to build up a good friendship chemistry with Pen first and then turn that into smouldering romantic passion. That's a tall order and no easy task, which is my point.

As an aside, I found this bit from an EW interview funny.

The lake moment feels like Anthony's equivalent to the duke licking the spoon in terms of like a thirsty moment. You were mentioning having that little bit of an out of body experience. Having done season 1, was that something you felt hyper aware of?

All I knew is what I was really excited about within the first montage of him dating was that I managed to eat ice cream really quickly in a very pragmatic, functional way. That was my nod to the spoon lick. There's nothing that made me laugh harder than the line, "If Hastings could do it, how hard could it be?" Within the first five minutes. There was all that all the right nods, and also, in the writing was a sense of this is going to be a different ride completely. There are different ways in which you can eat ice cream

fd0a96bedb87944fa6d27defffcf0bde02bdcf14

d33de5b30366a331f08729fee68a59f4126bc3a5

I hope Luke Newton addresses any comparisons with the same humor 😂!

image.png

image.png

Edited by anamika
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, anamika said:

I am talking more in terms of acting?  image.png

Yes, that's what I meant, I personally didn't think he was going to be as hot as Rege, but he pulled it off.

• Love 1

Quoting @andromeda331 and @ozziemom from the media thread.

I hope so. I want to see more Anthony and Kate enjoying married life and clashing. There was too much Featherington. Hopefully, that's done or will be done in season three. 

I think we will see a lot of the Featheringtons as they will be causing problems for Pen. I haven’t read the books but the mother and sisters were very dismissive of Pen in season 2, so I imagine that won’t change, unfortunately.

Given next season is a Pen/Colin romance, I think the Featheringtons will continue to be the most prominent secondary characters. I like the Featheringtons, I think Portia is quite interesting and she can do a lot. I would like her to interact with the other matrons more. However I don't want to see her treat Pen badly- I don't doubt she loves/would protect Pen, she is quite dismissive of her. I think if she knew how savvy Pen was with her writing/income as Lady Whistledown, she would be quite impressed.

• Like 2

As I understand it (not having read them) each book focuses on one of the family members. It's my opinion that this is how each episode will play out as well.  The leads from the earlier ones will simpy have walk on parts with little substance.  So while we might catch a glimps of Anthony and Kate, it will most probalby be at family occasions but without a storyline. 

Just my thought, of course.  But the Duke was non-existant in the second episode and his wife popped up to show off the kid and give a few words of sage advice but that's the extent of it.

3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

As I understand it (not having read them) each book focuses on one of the family members. It's my opinion that this is how each episode will play out as well.  The leads from the earlier ones will simpy have walk on parts with little substance.  So while we might catch a glimps of Anthony and Kate, it will most probalby be at family occasions but without a storyline. 

Just my thought, of course.  But the Duke was non-existant in the second episode and his wife popped up to show off the kid and give a few words of sage advice but that's the extent of it.

This essentially accurate.  However, by virtue of being the heads of the family household, Kate and Anthony was a little more present than many other siblings throughout. 

• Love 3

Yeah, since the whole show is about these people getting married, the people in charge of marrying them off would be featured. So I'd expect to see Kate and Anthony at least as much as the mom has been being shown. Not just popping up here and there randomly like Daphne was this season.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

This essentially accurate.  However, by virtue of being the heads of the family household, Kate and Anthony was a little more present than many other siblings throughout. 

Probably but I'm hoping we get to see Anthony and Kate navigating married life and enjoying being newlyweds. It would be fun to see and could be a fun side plot. It's not something you can really do in romance books that switches from one sibling to another with exception of a little here and their because their story is essential over. But that's something that can be done in TV and it would be fun to see. 

• Love 3

They did a whole thing in season 1 with Anthony needing to give permission/help arrange Daphne's marriage. That was sorta dropped with Eloise in the second season, but Eloise, unlike Daphne, clearly wasn't interested in getting married that season, so needing Anthony's approval just didn't come up. But I assume it will again in later seasons with Eloise, Francesca and Hyacinth. 

• Love 4
On 7/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, andromeda331 said:

Probably but I'm hoping we get to see Anthony and Kate navigating married life and enjoying being newlyweds. It would be fun to see and could be a fun side plot. It's not something you can really do in romance books that switches from one sibling to another with exception of a little here and their because their story is essential over. But that's something that can be done in TV and it would be fun to see. 

I agree. But unfortunately I think the Featheringtons are going to eat the show in S3. There was already too much of them in S2 IMO with what was essentially a filler storyline. Now that Penelope will be the focus it will be all Featheringtons all the time. I hope this will not be the case but I’m not holding my breath.  I do think there is enough time for the writers to do Colin/Penelope while exploring the highs and sometimes lows of navigating newlywed life as will be Kate/Anthony but I don’t know if the writers realize that or even knows how to write that kind of balanced storytelling. 

• Love 4

Penelope is just the obvious writers's fave IMO. There's nothing in itself wrong with it, NC is a good actor, the character is interesting. But they do tend to prioritize her in storytelling even when arguably it doesn't serve the larger construction. They also love Polly Walker, understandably. But don't shove in such a nonsense plot like that ruby stuff and let it eat up that much screentime, make better decisions. Why not already focus on the strained relationship between Portia and Pen when they knew that Polin comes next? I liked the Cousin Jack actor, but that plot whas a whole lotta nothing. And arguably they could have done more with the Sharmas instead.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/24/2022 at 12:51 AM, katha said:

Penelope is just the obvious writers's fave IMO. There's nothing in itself wrong with it, NC is a good actor, the character is interesting. But they do tend to prioritize her in storytelling even when arguably it doesn't serve the larger construction. They also love Polly Walker, understandably. But don't shove in such a nonsense plot like that ruby stuff and let it eat up that much screentime, make better decisions. Why not already focus on the strained relationship between Portia and Pen when they knew that Polin comes next? I liked the Cousin Jack actor, but that plot whas a whole lotta nothing. And arguably they could have done more with the Sharmas instead.

I really wish they would. I really don't like how any of Penelope's family treats her but especially her mother. Why? Penelope's quiet and sticks to herself or Eloise.  Does she resent her for not being a boy and securing their family? I'm sure Lord F would have still screwed it up. The only daughter she's ever been nice to was the one is Philippa.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The only daughter she's ever been nice to was the one that married Philippa.

OK, had me confused there,  thought that two daughters married each other. It turned out to be an "Oxford comma" moment - "....the one that married, Philippa".

It is a head scratcher that she prefers the silly, stupid daughters to Pen who is not only intelligent but totally compliant to her mother's wishes, at least in public.  For as conniving as Lady Featherington seems to be, she can't see how different Pen is?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

OK, had me confused there,  thought that two daughters married each other. It turned out to be an "Oxford comma" moment - "....the one that married, Philippa".

It is a head scratcher that she prefers the silly, stupid daughters to Pen who is not only intelligent but totally compliant to her mother's wishes, at least in public.  For as conniving as Lady Featherington seems to be, she can't see how different Pen is?

Sorry I wrote that confusing. I couldn't remember Philippa's name and wrote her originally as the married sister. Then I remembered but forgot to take out the married sister.   

Alice Mondrich, wife of former boxer, current barkeep Will Mondrich.

Bringing over a quote from @bijoux.

I agree with @andromeda331 that they were wasted last season. The location of Will's club could be a great intersection point for various members of the cast. Also, outside of Theo, they are the only working class characters we are familiar with. They are not servants but they are not members of the Ton. I think they might not have known what to do with them with the time they gave to the Featheringtons, and Simon was the primary character last season who interacted with Will. I think it would be nice of Colin made good on his last scene in season 2 and invited more people to Will's club and it got to grow. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

So a few tidbits/timeline questions about Bridgerton gleaned from the Queen Charlotte show:

1. Queen Charlotte is set in two very specific timelines: the first, the year of George and Charlotte's marriage (1761) to sometime after the birth of the Prince Regent/George IV and the start of Charlotte's second pregnancy (1762). The second, more relevant to this show, starts with the death of Princess Charlotte of Wales (late November 1817), and ends with to the announcement from the Duchess of Kent that she was pregnant with Queen Victoria.

Victoria was born in May 1819. In the show I think that announcement happens in October 1818 - the Duchess of Kent specifically says that they waited until she was "sure," so let's say at least a couple of months along. But not much further along than that, because Queen Charlotte died in November 1818, before Victoria's birth.

This is an alternate universe, so it's entirely possible that show Queen Charlotte will outlive her historical counterpart, especially since fans love the character, but I think it's also possible that Queen Charlotte might die in season 3, with the Prince Regent (introduced in Queen Charlotte) taking a larger role, along with (possibly) the Duke of Clarence (the eventual William IV) and the Duke of Kent (the eventual father of Queen Victoria.)

2. Lady Whistledown is still active, writing, and commenting on the throne in November 1817 and the spring of 1818.

3. Violet mentions that she is open to a possible romance again, suggesting that this might be a subplot in upcoming seasons.

4. In episode 2, set in late 1817 or early 1818, Queen Charlotte tells Violet Bridgerton, "You have had two weddings in two years! How do you do it?"

(remember this line!)

5. Violet is seen playing with two small and cute children, presumably Simon and Daphne's two kids.

6. In episode 5, presumably set in March/April 1818, Violet tells us that Anthony and Kate are on their honeymoon, Gregory is growing quickly; Eloise is still upset about a recent fight with Penelope; and Francesca is still the forgotten Bridgerton child.

(I am only sorta making the Francesca part up - she isn't mentioned.)

The line suggests that this scene takes place shortly after Bridgerton season two, which doesn't quite make sense, because --

7. That line about two weddings in two years!

8. We have a firm date for Daphne's romance/marriage with Simon - 1813, a date that fits in very nicely with Violet playing with two small, cute children in late 1817/early 1818.  (Given all the sex, I'm kinda surprised that they've only had two kids in four/five years, but Daphne did keep leaving Simon to go visit the rest of the family, so, maybe.)

9. We also know that Daphne was only carting around one child in season two of Bridgerton, and that Daphne did not look at all pregnant during that season. That kid was just starting to walk, suggesting that season two of Bridgerton happened in either 1814 or 1815. Two weddings in two years suggests 1814, but could possibly work for 1815.

However, it's difficult to believe that it took the second Lord Featherington two years to arrive to London; Marina's babies are still babies; and Colin has apparently been traveling for months, not years - all strongly suggesting that the second season takes place in 1814.

10. So why are Anthony and Kate still on their honeymoon at least three years later? Why is Eloise still so upset/emotionally unstable about her fight with Penelope? Will no one ever remember that Francesca is on this show?

11. Or did season two actually take place in 1816 or 1817? If so, wow, second Lord Featherington, you are even worse than we all thought, and wow, Colin, that was a very very long trip, and wow, was that a long engagement, Phillipa Featherington Finch. Not to mention that in the first season, Violet mentions that Eloise will be making her debut the following year - presumably 1814.

So, yeah, from other indications, I think we have to assume that season two took place in 1814/1815. I think we also have to assume that as of late 1817/early 1818, only two of the Bridgerton children are married; Queen Charlotte still doesn't know Lady Whistledown is Penelope; Eloise and Penelope are still on the outs; and Anthony and Kate are doing so well that even two or three years later, it feels as if they are still on their honeymoon. 

This also leads me to guess that Bridgerton season three will take place in 1818.

• Like 2

@quarks I’m thinking it’s 1815/16 in present day Bridgerton that we saw in Queen Charlotte, I think we have to go by the “seasons” not when historical figures were actually born. I’m fanwanking that Daphne was in her first trimester with the little baby we saw in Queen Charlotte, and that Anthony and Kate are on the tail end of their 6month honeymoon. Another season hasn’t happened yet, and we are going to get Season 3 of Bridgerton set in 1816. 

On 6/18/2023 at 3:31 PM, Scarlett45 said:

@quarks I’m thinking it’s 1815/16 in present day Bridgerton that we saw in Queen Charlotte, I think we have to go by the “seasons” not when historical figures were actually born. I’m fanwanking that Daphne was in her first trimester with the little baby we saw in Queen Charlotte, and that Anthony and Kate are on the tail end of their 6month honeymoon. Another season hasn’t happened yet, and we are going to get Season 3 of Bridgerton set in 1816. 

This makes sense. I turned off my Netflix subscription for a bit, so I can't check to see if the first episode of Queen Charlotte clarified that we were definitely talking about 1817/1818.

And since this is an alternate universe, there's no reason why Queen Victoria couldn't have been born just a year or two earlier.

• Like 2

I hope it's okay for me to ask here. Do I need to watch Queen Charlotte before season 3 of Bridgerton comes out? I wasn't sure if Queen Charlotte was something every Bridgerton fan would enjoy or not. 

37 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I hope it's okay for me to ask here. Do I need to watch Queen Charlotte before season 3 of Bridgerton comes out? I wasn't sure if Queen Charlotte was something every Bridgerton fan would enjoy or not. 

No, it’s a stand alone. But yes, any Bridgerton fan, or anyone else who enjoys a good period piece, will enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

No, it’s a stand alone. But yes, any Bridgerton fan, or anyone else who enjoys a good period piece, will enjoy it.

Thank you! So I don't have to watch, but I should. Sounds good. :)

20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you! So I don't have to watch, but I should. Sounds good. :)

You absolutely should. I actually loved it even more than either Bridgerton season.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

And although I agree that no one has to watch Queen Charlotte before seeing season 3 of Bridgerton (or any season of Bridgerton), Queen Charlotte does provide some background tidbits for some of the Bridgerton characters. Nothing needed for understanding/following Bridgerton, but fun little things like more about the queen's secretary.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/11/2024 at 6:04 PM, quarks said:

Nothing needed for understanding/following Bridgerton, but fun little things like more about the queen's secretary.

Best part of the series!

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 1/10/2024 at 4:10 PM, RealHousewife said:

You dont need to watch, but I think you will enjoy it and it will probably "add to" your enjoyment of the next season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1