Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/9/2022

• Start Topic

Monday, May 9 – Busy Philipps (“Girls5eva”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 10 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts;  The Political View with Beto O’Rourke; Eva Mendes

Wednesday, May 11 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Sarah Silverman (Off-Broadway’s “Bedwetter”)

Thursday, May 12 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; cast of “RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars,” including Raja, Jinkx Monsoon, Jaida Essence Hall, Monét X Change, Trinity The Tuck, Shea Couleé, Yvie Oddly and The Vivienne

Friday, May 13 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; George Takei (inaugural Grand Marshal of the Japan Parade in New York City)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

😣😣😣😣😣

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

And Stephanie Grisham again next week.

Both are better than Lindsey.  They both at least have a basic knowledge of what a president can do with executive orders.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Both are better than Lindsey.  They both at least have a basic knowledge of what a president can do with executive orders.

Ehhhhh...I have plenty to say about why I don't want them on, but I'd be violating board rules. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 2:55 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

Sarah Silverman is always good on the View but wish she was on Friday when Joy was moderating.

Yeah she's always fun.  But Thur!  Drag race is on woohoo!  I'm honestly trying to figure out which one is Alyssa.  Stephanie i think i do like.  Not sure there either.  I need a flow chart lol

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I honestly don't find much difference in these two women, but it appears the producers have narrowed down their decision on who they'll be bringing on full time in September. The week of the 16th ends May Sweeps, so maybe they will announce that week ? 

(edited)

Joy is right that the talk about banning birth control now is the biggest signal so far that this is all about hatred of women and female power in general considering birth control prevents an unwanted pregnancy in the first place and lessens the need for abortion.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 19

OBSERVATIONS FROM TODAY'S SHOW:

Joy Behar said all incest is due to rape. Not according to actress Mackenzie Phillips, who just reaffirmed in an interview a few weeks ago that she had a ten year 'consensual sexual relationship' with her father, something she first confessed in her 2009 memoir.

Despite having Broadway stars on the show for the month of April, no mention of this morning's Tony nominations ???  Broadway reopened after a two year hiatus due to COVID, and no celebration of the nominees? 

Question for Adam Glassman , creative director of Oprah's Tag Sale : Exactly how many wooden serving boards does one household need ? Last week there were the serving boards personalized with the family's surname, today it was more wooden serving boards.  Is filling your kitchen with serving boards the new trend for 2022 ?  Also, what do we do with all the other water bottles which Oprah loved in the past and the audience bought  when you peddled them ? 

I can't believe how much Joy Behar's daughter Eve looks like Penny Marshall. 

They still can't find any Asian American and Pacific Islanders for their 'month long celebration' they kicked off last Monday? Still can't find providers of services and products from APIs for the tag sale ? 

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe I don't know as much about Nathan Hale as I thought, based on Whoopi's description of him. I thought he was a teacher prior to the Revolutionary War and was executed when he was only 21. Perhaps she's thinking of someone else?

Edited by KittyQ
Duplicate content
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Maybe I don't know as much about Nathan Hale as I thought, based on Whoopi's description of him. I thought he was a teacher prior to the Revolutionary War and was executed when he was only 21. Perhaps she's thinking of someone else?

She meant Matthew Hale.  Of course she'll never correct this misinformation.  I’m surprised Sunny and Ana didn’t know this. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She meant Matthew Hale.  Of course she'll never correct this misinformation.  I’m surprised Sunny and Ana didn’t know this. 

It does seem like something they'd jump right on. Although maybe because it was Whoopi, and she's saying things they agree with, they chose to ignore it. If one of the guest hosts said it, I'm sure they would have been all over it. :-)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

OBSERVATIONS FROM TODAY'S SHOW:

Joy Behar said all incest is due to rape. Not according to actress Mackenzie Phillips, who just reaffirmed in an interview a few weeks ago that she had a ten year 'consensual sexual relationship' with her father, something she first confessed in her 2009 memoir.

While incest can happen at any age, Joy may have said, "Isn't all incest rape?" because she was thinking of an adult engaging in sexual activity with an underage family member who legally can't give consent. I don't know the statistics - incest, especially with children, is probably not reliably reported.

• Love 5

I enjoyed seeing the Hosts children(young & older) paying tribute to their Moms.  There were some sweet moments, Sarah's kids are so cute, and Joy's daughter doing "So What! Who cares?" made me laugh, Sunny's kids were funny(her daughter talking about giving away her 'desserts"), and they even included Ana's dog, Chacha! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't think she meant Nathan Hale, because she mentioned (read off her card) that he lived in the 16th or 17th Century, which is wrong for Nathan Hale. She misspoke the first name, is all, which is not really misinformation as defined. Until I read KittyQ's comment, I didn't realize Whoopi had said "Nathan."

On 5/6/2022 at 2:55 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

Sarah Silverman is always good on the View but wish she was on Friday when Joy was moderating.

She needs to be a co-host at the table for the full hour.  Not a 5 minute guest

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Sue in her 60s said:

While incest can happen at any age, Joy may have said, "Isn't all incest rape?" because she was thinking of an adult engaging in sexual activity with an underage family member who legally can't give consent. I don't know the statistics - incest, especially with children, is probably not reliably reported.

I didn't hear exactly what she said, but it sounds as though Joy was thinking of a specific type of incest (adult and minor child) only, without considering other possibilities such as between siblings or close cousins, as well as between adults who are too closely related. It seems to me that when exceptions specify incest, the idea is that the female has been taken advantage of, which is why the abortion is sought. There are probably other reasons, including genetic concerns, though.

(edited)

Joy was referring to the phrase, "victims of rape or incest." A "victim of incest" will always be a "victim of rape" simultaneously, because the term "victim" by definition would not apply to consensual, of-age affairs involving incest.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy was referring to the phrase "victims of rape or incest." A "victim of incest" will always be a "victim of rape" simultaneously, because the term "victim" by definition would not apply to consensual, of-age affairs involving incest.

That makes sense. Thank you.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The Mother’s Day tribute was nice but not surprised that Whoopi’s daughter likes Whoopi’s line of credit on her credit card.

And why would she send a "Happy Birthday Alex" birthday cake?! It's all about her, I guess.

I did enjoy seeing all the cohosts' kids, though. All beautiful. Seems like Joy's daughter has a snarky sense of humor like her mom. I enjoyed her and liked seeing Joy's grandson. I remember when he was born. He's a big boy now!

On 5/6/2022 at 3:55 PM, Buckeye71034 said:

I absolutely cringe at the sound of her voice. I cannot stand it!

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

She (sara Silverman) needs to be a co-host at the table for the full hour.  Not a 5 minute guest

Now, that's an hour I wouldn't be watching. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

It's hard to watch this show and their sloppy mistakes after you listen to an excellent podcast like Strict Scrutiny.  I listen to SS and learned that the esteemed legal mind that Alito cited,  Matthew Hale, was also cool with executing witches and marital rape.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

It's hard to watch this show and their sloppy mistakes after you listen to an excellent podcast like Strict Scrutiny.  I listen to SS and learned that the esteemed legal mind that Alito cited,  Matthew Hale, was also cool with executing witches and marital rape.

I will cut Whoopi some slack that she probably just said the wrong first name.  However there was nobody at that table or someone in production who didn't catch her mistake and correct it? I knew Nathan was the wrong name because I had  heard Matthew Hale talked a lot about since the leak. Nobody else at the View knew it was wrong?  Somebody corrected Ana when she mistakenly called that place in Wisconsin an anti abortion clinic and she had to clarify what it actually was.   Guess they aren't worried about Nathan Hale suing them. 

42 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

The Mother's Day tribute:

Is this the first time we have seen Eve?  Sara's kids are adorable.  Seems like Gabriel is a mama's boy but I bet Paloma and Sunny clash.  Paloma seems like she is an independent woman already and good for her.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Go, Sunny!  She’s right that these guys who claim they stayed because their replacements would have been worse shouldn’t get a pass. What happened to their oaths?

Go, Whoopi!  You set Cruz straight about what constitutes peaceful protest.

Sponges?  Really?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11

Did they point out that her sponge could be used for birth control when we lose access to that? Because if not, I do not care about her damn sponge. Also--why do these celebrities try to convince us they do dishes and shit? This would have been a lot more believable if she brought her housekeeper to give a testimonial. Not buying it. Like literally not gonna buy it.

• LOL 4
53 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I complain enough about Sunny so I have to give her credit for calling out all these republican book writer tours going on & claiming how they knew Trump was a lunatic after the fact. 

Sunny is speaking for a lot of people. Good on her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Did they point out that her sponge could be used for birth control when we lose access to that? Because if not, I do not care about her damn sponge. Also--why do these celebrities try to convince us they do dishes and shit? This would have been a lot more believable if she brought her housekeeper to give a testimonial. Not buying it. Like literally not gonna buy it.

Every time I think of sponges, which admittedly is not often, I think of this:

0f45435ef6c2031ee1372707500fb6c0.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)

Guess I misunderstood.   Did Alyssa Farah Griffin tell Beto O'Roarke they "served in Congress" together ???   What did she really say?

4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Somebody corrected Ana when she mistakenly called that place in Wisconsin an anti abortion clinic and she had to clarify what it actually was.

Haven't watched the entire show yet...but didn't Alyssa Farah Griffin just call it an "anti-abortion clinic" today (Tuesday)?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2022 at 9:15 AM, GloccaMorra said:

They still can't find any Asian American and Pacific Islanders for their 'month long celebration' they kicked off last Monday? Still can't find providers of services and products from APIs for the tag sale ? 

Yeah...they couldn't have someone at their table even ONCE during the month?

On 5/9/2022 at 9:15 AM, GloccaMorra said:

Question for Adam Glassman , creative director of Oprah's Tag Sale : Exactly how many wooden serving boards does one household need ?

There MUST be a producer in charge of those segments.  Perhaps he/she cares as little as we do...and doesn't remember what they hawk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sunny appears to detest Alyssa. I can see her point. I liked everything Sunny had to say today.  I just think if they give Alyssa a permanent seat at the table it is going to be very uncomfortable. They finally got rid of MM, I just have enjoyed the show so much better without her there.  I don't need any more stress. I really wish that Ana would take the seat, but I guess she doesn't want to move to NY.

• Love 9

Good for Beto not taking Griffin’s bait when she kept asking him about abortions after the first trimester. It IS up to the woman to decide when she needs to get the abortion and nobody else has the right to say otherwise.

It’s a scary time right now. I had a miscarriage a couple of months ago. It was an obvious miscarriage, the fetus had stopped developing weeks before my first scan, but I still needed a D&C, which was traumatic enough, but to think it will be that much harder to find a provider who can even perform that type of procedure for fear of what they could be accused of doing freaks me out.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, rwlevin said:

Good for Beto not taking Griffin’s bait when she kept asking him about abortions after the first trimester

I know! And she pulled that same bullshit her “former” boss did, with couching BIRTH as a “late-term” abortion. She can just STFU and miss me.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sunny was on FIYAH! And I was 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊 her all the way!

OMGEEE! I was 😂😂😂😂😂😂 at the “So Whaat? Who caaares?” Impersonation! Just like a chip off her Maa!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know! And she pulled that same bullshit her “former” boss did, with couching BIRTH as a “late-term” abortion. She can just STFU and miss me.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sunny was on FIYAH! And I was 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊 her all the way!

OMGEEE! I was 😂😂😂😂😂😂 at the “So Whaat? Who caaares?” Impersonation! Just like a chip off her Maa!

OmG Sunny was awesome!!  Don't let her spiel get you. Tell her WTF is WTF!  I think we saw visions of when Sunny was trying cases. She was relentless! Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah Sunny!

2 hours ago, rwlevin said:

Good for Beto not taking Griffin’s bait when she kept asking him about abortions after the first trimester. It IS up to the woman to decide when she needs to get the abortion and nobody else has the right to say otherwise.

It’s a scary time right now. I had a miscarriage a couple of months ago. It was an obvious miscarriage, the fetus had stopped developing weeks before my first scan, but I still needed a D&C, which was traumatic enough, but to think it will be that much harder to find a provider who can even perform that type of procedure for fear of what they could be accused of doing freaks me out.

I like Beto, hope he can succeed.  Im very sorry about your miscarriage.

2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Sunny appears to detest Alyssa. I can see her point. I liked everything Sunny had to say today.  I just think if they give Alyssa a permanent seat at the table it is going to be very uncomfortable. They finally got rid of MM, I just have enjoyed the show so much better without her there.  I don't need any more stress. I really wish that Ana would take the seat, but I guess she doesn't want to move to NY.

So funny you say that.  I was just thinking, ok much as i love Ana, Im glad she wasnt there today.  It was all Sunny.  Back to Ana.  How often is she on CNN? Where is that, still Atlanta?  Well i guess that is a shorter commute to Miami.  But still between commuting to NY and GA, really when is she ever in Fl?  Face it Ana, move to NY!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, rwlevin said:

I am so sorry that happened to you.

This is a terrifying time for  people who can get pregnant -whether they know it or not.  As always- Fuck Amy Farrah Fowler. Loved Sunny dragging her all over the place today. I, like Sunny, am tired of these people writing books about what cowards they are and framing as if it is something good and righteous.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I, like Sunny, am tired of these people writing books about what cowards they are and framing as if it is something good and righteous.

Yeah - each of them makes it seem like they were the only adults in the room. "See something, say something", anyone???

@rwlevin - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. All my love and prayers to you. *HUGS* 🙏💖

I have today's episode on the DVR. I'll probably watch Sunny's rant and skip the rest. I am in no mood to listen to Griffin. Not that I was before, but especially not now.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, geekburger said:

I like Alyssa enough. She’s respectful without being overbearing. 

Except for when she kept trying to interrupt Sunny with her "but let me just" or "Can I just..." instead of waiting until Sunny was done talking.

Then when Sunny's done, she did have a chance to speak, so what was her excuse for interrupting Sunny-who, by the way, was having none of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I really wish that Ana would take the seat, but I guess she doesn't want to move to NY.

It was reported earlier this season that Ana is actually an employee of CNN, and they allow her (per her contract) to do this 'side gig' on 'The View' for so many days per month. She's making an excellent paycheck from both networks for doing it this way.  If she were to leave CNN and go to 'The View' full time, she would be taking a paycut. She's making more money this way. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2