Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Shut Your Porthole!

• Start Topic

On-deck tempers flare when the crew prepares for a group of playful Southerners as charter guests in the Season 2 premiere. Also: New crew members Kelley Johnson and Jennice Ontiveros flirt with one another; and a rookie mistake haunts the crew.

Jennice may be a lovely, hard-working person, but unless she's like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and is much stronger than she appears, I'm not convinced she has any business being a deckhand. I'm sure there are some great female deckhands out there, but I bet they have a lot more muscle than she does.

I would bet almost anything that production messed up the boat, or at least made it worse.

• Love 3

Jennice may be a lovely, hard-working person, but unless she's like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and is much stronger than she appears, I'm not convinced she has any business being a deckhand. I'm sure there are some great female deckhands out there, but I bet they have a lot more muscle than she does.

I would bet almost anything that production messed up the boat, or at least made it worse.

At least she actually works, unlike Andrew - who seems to find any reason to get out of working.  So far I hate him.  And I am shocked that the Capt. let Kat back on board.  Hopefully she doesn't screw up her second chance.

I love this show.

• Love 6

So far I like the newbies except Andrew. I was hoping he would get his ticket home in the first episode.  I am surprised that so far I like Kate, but I do. I like the idea of Jennice and being a female deckhand. I hope she does well, or as well as she can on a Bravo show.

I am so over Kat. 

Was that Adrienne that was in the previews?

Tardassian, I recoiled when Georgia described her usual fare. Nothing beats shrimp, butter, Zesty Italian and champs!

Glad to see familiar faces from last season. Not sure about the newbies just yet. As of now, Andrew appears to be more of a liability than anything else but we'll see.

Chef Ben is my favorite but I found his adoration of Kate a bit off putting.

Surprised to see Adrienne in the previews. I'm wary of more Kat and Adrienne drama. Let's hope they switch it up this season!

Edited by turbogirlnyc

I was really up for Kat getting a second chance, even if I did have serious misgivings about it....BUT....after seeing the first episode, she clearly hasn't changed one iota...as far as I can see, it's only a matter of time before she is back into crash and burn mode. Overall, it looks like the crew is going to have quite a bit of turnover this season - and good riddance to Andrew - what a total doosche! So glad captain Lee and Ben are back, but the rest are unknown quantities so I'll have to wait and see. Can't believe I spotted Adrienne in the previews! WTF??? At least it has piqued my interest to tune in for the next episode.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure Andrew was only hired to be the male eye candy and to be this season's screw-up. That would've been funny if he actually had been allowed to have dinner with the charter guests.

Jennice and Kelley both seem pretty nice, but I'm wondering if Kelley is going to have some kind of PTSD flare-up.

Of COURSE Kat is rooming with a woman that she has issues with. It's not a season of Below Deck without Kat hating one of her stews.

I think Adrienne tried to hold out for more money (which was stupid, because the show was a minor hit as opposed to a major hit) and thus got relegated to a season cameo as a charter guest.

I'm pretty sure Andrew was only hired to be the male eye candy and to be this season's screw-up. That would've been funny if he actually had been allowed to have dinner with the charter guests.

I said this in the Season 2 Preview thread, but all I can think when I see Andrew is that he looks like a prettier version of Jonah in Veep. Something about the teeth, I think. I just can't find him attractive.

I'm guessing he doesn't last terribly long, since it seems that an Aussie crew member shows up soon?

• Love 4

I said this in the Season 2 Preview thread, but all I can think when I see Andrew is that he looks like a prettier version of Jonah in Veep.

Hahaha! You are so right! He is a better looking Jonah. If only the cast could come up with witty comebacks and clever putdowns using his name like they do on Veep.

• Love 1

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Kat and Texas Beauty Queen, because if there's one thing we learned about Kat, it's that when she hates you, she's like a dog with a bone until she finally cools down.

I'm guessing he doesn't last terribly long, since it seems that an Aussie crew member shows up soon?

I don't know- it looks more like Kelley is going to have some kind of freak-out, based on his alluding to past troubles. That felt like some kind of foreshadowing.

It seems like this year the incompetence drama switches over to the deckhands. Andrew is Andrew and Jenniece seems like a nice girl but not particularly suited to the job due to her being about 5 feet 2 and 98 pounds. Eddie unfortunately seems like he's being set up for the heavy role.

I think Adrienne tried to hold out for more money (which was stupid, because the show was a minor hit as opposed to a major hit) and thus got relegated to a season cameo as a charter guest.

Ugh, I hope she doesn't return with those friends of hers that chartered the boat last year.

Kat is totally lying about her falling out with Amy. She knows why and I'm quite sure it's something she did to Amy, no doubt while she was drunk.

I'm curious as to what Ben was freaking out about in the season previews. He grumbles a bit, but he's usually pretty chill.

• Love 2

I think Kat said it best: Andrew needs to go back into his mama's tummy and cook awhile longer...

Yes, Kelley, just...yes. 

Captain Lee is great, as always. Hilarious seeing him "take it" while a very drunk Georgia was getting her groove on all around him. Poor guy. What a pro!

Oh, and that open-mouth smile that the Texas beauty queen does? Is that something that children learn in pageantry? If so, it really needs to stop.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 1

Someone needs to push Andrew off the boat. And quickly. He couldn't even find his way to the wet-vac without traipsing through Captain's quarters. Dumbass!!

I just don't see what is attractive about Andrew either.  And even if he had Brad Pitt kind of good looks he is so incredibly dumb, lazy and clueless it would trump the good looks.  Just the fact he thought he could actually dine with the guests shows you how clueless he is.  Really.........dumbass.

• Love 6

Something didn't sit right with me concerning the messy boat in the beginning. I only saw the crew scrubbing down the boat but not actually picking up the mess (unless I missed something). Maybe it was at the end of the filming season and it got "trashed" and edited to look like the beginning. Who would do that to a nice yacht anyway? It just didn't add up. With editing and scripting they can tell us anything the want.

• Love 2

I wouldn't put it past them to messy up the boat at the end of the season and then show them cleaning up for "drama".

Yes, Kelley, just...yes.

Kelley is that perfect kind of tall lanky but muscular hot that I like a lot, not covered in tattoos the way most military guys are (it just seems like a few short sleeves) with a boyishly handsome face with just the right amount of quirkiness to it, but I don't know. I get the nagging feeling that something's not quite right with him.

Yeah, good point @FlyingEgret. They usually showed that at the end of the episodes last year. Maybe they'll throw in a quick scene at the beginning next episode. 

And I'm pretty sure that boat was late to the dock because production was dirtying it up. It wasn't just "messy" and needed cleaning, the yacht was nearly trashed.

I wouldn't put it past them to messy up the boat at the end of the season and then show them cleaning up for "drama".

Kelley is that perfect kind of tall lanky but muscular hot that I like a lot, not covered in tattoos the way most military guys are (it just seems like a few short sleeves) with a boyishly handsome face with just the right amount of quirkiness to it, but I don't know. I get the nagging feeling that something's not quite right with him.

I agree. I think we found out on the next episode how hurt he and his sister were by their parents' divorce. He tears up talking about his sis, and that made me like him even more. I think there's a nice vulnerability under the beautiful exterior. Le sigh.

• Love 2

Hahaha! You are so right! He is a better looking Jonah. If only the cast could come up with witty comebacks and clever putdowns using his name like they do on Veep.

DING-DING-DING! I've been having such a severe Jo-nad reaction since seeing Andrew that I created an account here just to find cooling, soothing relief for the painful, itchy burning. I pray someone throws a burrito at his face.