Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: As Hubris Is To Oedipus

• Start Topic

I don't know if it was because of the Olympics layoff, but this episode was flat. Twenty minutes in I turned to the Warriors-Trailblazers game and followed the live tweets of the rest of episode.

I tried to give Wheatley 2.0 a chance, but this story is running on fumes. Thinking about ducking out of the rest of this arc.

• Love 2

I just cannot take this show seriously with Wheatley, now the super villain has knocked out all of the power in NYC. What an over the top joke this storyline is. Please, for the love of god, let the Wheatley shit end next week. The thing is, this show could be really compelling if not for Wheatley, the hacking stuff is interesting and there is good action, but Wheatley is a comic book villain who just causes me to not take the show seriously. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, meira.hand said:

I always find the Russian roulette threat absurd. It makes no sense because the minute the gun fires the threat is moot.

Plus the fact that every viewer knew Wheatley wasn't going to shoot his ex-wife, and McClane had spent enough time with them to know it too.

Can't wait for the Wheatley storyline to end, but I like Robin Lord Taylor and would like him to stay. Maybe he could be a more realistic nemesis for Stabler, sort of a semi-benign background annoyance while Eliot chases bigger bad guys.

• Love 3

It'll all be over very soon for this cartoon character. The FBI awaits Dylan (Wheatley) as he'll soon be heading up Most Wanted. 

For the sake of L&O OC it can't be soon enough.

ETA: Anyone believe this shit?

"On Law & Order: Organized Crime, McDermott originally signed on as a one-year series regular to play Stabler’s (Chris Meloni) Season 1 nemesis. His character Richard Wheatley was so well received that NBC and Wolf approached The Practice alum about coming back, leading to a blockbuster deal for him to return as a recurring in Season 2. McDermott’s arc on L&O: Organized Crime will be winding down as he transitions to FBI: Most Wanted."

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, TM101 said:

Am I the only one who has no idea what the hell is going on anymore?

I miss the Albanian storyline. Give me more like that.

An infamous fugitive hacker somehow has followers willing to become terrorist because he said so. Wheatley knew that so kidnapped him where as the Marshals could not get close to tracking him down. 

So the disciples of the hacker went out with 6 bombs and all of New York's police went to protect the suspected sites leaving a power plant unprotected. With that diversion Wheatley took over that one power plant and loaded a virus waiting for someone to bump into the computer. At which point the city got blacked out, presumably for some ungodly ransom to turn the lights back on.

Since they were willing to kill it would have been much simpler to just blitz the plant and load the virus but that is not the way of the Joker or Riddler 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Raja said:

An infamous fugitive hacker somehow has followers willing to become terrorist because he said so. Wheatley knew that so kidnapped him where as the Marshals could not get close to tracking him down. 

So the disciples of the hacker went out with 6 bombs and all of New York's police went to protect the suspected sites leaving a power plant unprotected. With that diversion Wheatley took over that one power plant and loaded a virus waiting for someone to bump into the computer. At which point the city got blacked out, presumably for some ungodly ransom to turn the lights back on.

Since they were willing to kill it would have been much simpler to just blitz the plant and load the virus but that is not the way of the Joker or Riddler 

Thanks for saving me from having to watch this episode!

12 hours ago, Raja said:

Exactly why Wheatley & Co. have turned this fiasco into a comic book lookalike.

I can't wait until he gets his comeuppance and this drivel ends. (Hopefully sooner than later)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, preeya said:

Exactly why Wheatley & Co. have turned this fiasco into a comic book lookalike.

I can't wait until he gets his comeuppance and this drivel ends. (Hopefully sooner than later)

I really hope they kill him so that he can't possibly return! The L&O Universe likes recurring villains.

ETA: OK, I ended up watching the episode after all and actually enjoyed most of the parts that didn't involve Wheatley being on my screen.

Edited by MarylandGirl
adding comment on episode

When does Wheatley finally get that volcano lair complete with trap doors and a giant tank where he feeds his enemies to his sharks with laser beams? He has obviously become a full on Bond villain, so why not commit to it? Its just so ridiculous, I've seen villains on Saturday morning cartoons played more realistically than Wheatley, he just does not work in this universe at all. Now of course he cuts out all the power in new York as some part of his convoluted evil plan, because of course he does. It sucks so much that supervillain Wheatley had totally taken over this show, the hacker story has so much more promise but now its been totally hijacked by Wheatley and his evil cackling. 

When will all of these guys learn to stop falling for Angela's damsel act? I could have told you in two seconds she was in on the plan, handcuffs and gun play is probably a typical Thursday night between those two. 

I don't even know what's happening anymore. I miss the Albanian story so much and I am so disappointed at the wasted potential of the hacker story. 

• Love 4

One good thing - we were spared drama with Stabler’s family. Was his mother’s “suiter” situation resolved, or is he still working for Wheatley? 
The thing with Wheatley/Angela is, you can never be certain the she won’t be harmed. He’s a psycho/sociopath and just unstable enough, he’s capable of going off the deep end. She’s also unstable; between the two of them, who knows what could happen?
But the whole Wheatley thing needs to wrap up, and soon! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Was his mother’s “suiter” situation resolved, or is he still working for Wheatley? 

Based on the teaser for the next episode

Spoiler

since Mama Stabler seems to be kidnapped, I'm assuming the suitor had something to do with it (on orders from Wheatley)

Also based on the teaser

Spoiler

it appears that it is the Wheatley arc finale

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2022 at 12:27 PM, zoey1996 said:

The thing with Wheatley/Angela is, you can never be certain the she won’t be harmed

She's as unstable/evil as he is, at this point I don't care

• Love 1
On 2/25/2022 at 10:57 PM, Raja said:

Or, you know....the Penguin?! 🐧😁

I have been following Law & Order franchise for quite long time. Since season 1 actually, with George Dzundza and Chris Noth. And then I watched all shows in L&O franchise: SVU, CI, TbJ, LA, even Conviction. And now, this. Is this the series that kills the franchise for me?

This episode, and this season is bad. Not only that it is bad, it collects bad tropes from different TV shows. L&O franchise is supposed to be 'close to reality' shows, and there is nothing realistic about this.

• A cult that follows mysterious and enigmatic leader and does his bidding for him? That is from The Following.
  • A single computer program that allows the crippling of the whole infrastructure? That is from 24.
  • Finding where the suspects are using tangential internet information? Many, but mainly CSI: Cyber.
  • Shutting down electricity for the whole region? Many, but most prominently Revolution.