Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Girl...You'll Be A Woman, Soon

• Start Topic

So Ally was a monster as a child and chose the evil pendant over changing course for better.

Ok so Ally has some minions in the military since she got the pendant back so easily. 

The best use of offscreen chatting! We don't see Lois and Clark exchange information about Lucy and Natalie but them having said conversation shows us how well they communicate. And we see Lois is already making connections between Ally's bullshit and Bizarro. 

Best case scenario is that Lana already knows about Kyle and the bartender, has forgiven him, and the worry is about people (especially Sarah) finding out. I don't expect this to happen so the sweet dancing scene ends up being sad.

HA! I love Lane telling Jordan he'd be a terrible spy while SnuggleMuffin couldn't be more delighted at the idea of his twin learning to fight. 

Not at all surprised that Anderson doesn't get the concept of doppelgängers even if Bizarro isn't the typical kind.

Cute shoes and a lovely dress.

Ok, if Lois is right and Bizarro was summoned by Ally then it's probably not a Crisis connection. Too bad but I hope this means we get to see the Bizarro versions of the entire cast.

Chrissy, don't trust her! She drugged you rather than ask if you'd like to participate so hold strong. Nevermind, I think Ally full on killed her and the pendant has resurrection powers.

Hmmm...Bizarro was present when Lois arrived but we didn't actually see him kill the doctor so I'm thinking misdirection.

Ok, I want to smack Jon for continuing to use KryptoSteroids but they have done a good job of showing why he'd think it was necessary.

Hee, I enjoy how sullen Sophie is. If all she does is show up once an episode and make a snide remark it will be money well spent.

Nicole and Caity! Thanks for the Bat break ladies.

Ok, Jonathan Kent loves his twin more than anything so the fact that he's acting like this should tip everyone off that he's either on something or has been replaced by a pod person. Sarah may not know about the powers and stuff but she offered a nice perspective on Jon. 

Ok, the bartender is laying it on thick so I'm convinced she sold out Kyle until confirmed otherwise. Sarah overheard so it's now a countdown to her unleashing anger and hurt at Kyle. 

Glad Chrissy didn't become a minion after that experience. 

So what's the German for opposite?

Jordan confronting Jon! Jon with the red eyes and Jordan is so happy but we know the cause so it's sad. That's happening a lot this episode.

• Love 4

We're back . . . same small town, same mistakes made. Also, the cult leader is actually onto something with the "other self" thing . . . but she might have squeeze into this universe from one where she's all powerful. Hey, why not?

Question: does Tyler play Bizarro? I really dig the head twitching.

*sigh* Poor Kyle. Poor stupid, stupid, STUPID Kyle. And poor Sarah. Of course she and Jordan would stumble into Kyle and the other woman.

• Love 1

Loved the idea of Sarah having a quinceañera but I was so confused at the fact that she's been only 14 this whole time. These kids are young!

Kyle being a cheater is not a surprise but at least Lana knows about it now and it wasn't dragged out for episodes.

Is it wrong that I'm happy that Jonathan is finally breaking bad and taking the drugs and having a bad attitude towards everything after taking everything that's happened in his life in stride? It was just not normal that nothing seemed to bother the kid. And Grandpa, using him to test how much better Jordan is at everything? Not cool.

Also a little thing that made no sense, Lois's boss is invited to the party but Sarah's boyfriend's twin brother's girlfriend couldn't be invited to the party that's being held in his barn because they hit their limit? What, lol?

The doctor's death by Bizarro was a waste of a character but at least we're getting some movement in his story and the connection to Ally.

• Love 1

Can't help but notice that the title is a song best known from Pulp Fiction and while Chrissy most closely resembles Fabienne (Butch's girlfriend) she also does a mean Uma Thurman recovering from an adrenaline shot impression.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

HA! I love Lane telling Jordan he'd be a terrible spy while SnuggleMuffin couldn't be more delighted at the idea of his twin learning to fight. 

Sam wouldn't be a good spy either.  He wants to keep this a secret but ends up training the boys at the Kent farm?  No worries that Clark, an unemployed man with super speed, won't come home during the day, see his car, and wonder what's up?  Or that Lois, who has a pretty flexible schedule, also won't come home?  Or was that some other empty barn that Sam just happens to have access to?  It has to be within walking distance if Jon was able to grab those water bottles at home.

Speaking of Lois, I hope Sam and Jon are ready for the impending explosion when she finds out about all of this.  She'll probably want to ground Jon for years and disown Sam.

While his vision and breath powers might be stronger it looks like without the pendant Bizarro is no match for Supes.  Even without the X-Kryptonite he was getting his ass kicked.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

So Ally was a monster as a child and chose the evil pendant over changing course for better.

Ok so Ally has some minions in the military since she got the pendant back so easily. 

Not at all surprised that Anderson doesn't get the concept of doppelgängers even if Bizarro isn't the typical kind.

Chrissy, don't trust her! She drugged you rather than ask if you'd like to participate so hold strong. Nevermind, I think Ally full on killed her and the pendant has resurrection powers.

Hmmm...Bizarro was present when Lois arrived but we didn't actually see him kill the doctor so I'm thinking misdirection.

I don't necessarily think that a child choosing power over what's pitched as peace of mind but is really nothing makes her a monster. The monster is the adult who bequeathed the pendant in the first place knowing what it is.

I'm assuming Ally's got a separate pendant from the one that Bizarro had and the military now possesses. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Ally does in fact have some cultists in the military. 

One would think that Anderson being in the position that he is would at a minimum have been briefed about such things as that there had been parallel universes prior to Crisis, that John Henry Irons came from another such universe though the one from ours is dead, that as Lois said Superman had fought evil duplicates of himself in the past, 

The pendant can probably do whatever the plot needs it to, but I don't think that Chrissy was full-on brought back from the dead.

If Bizarro didn't kill the doctor, I am not sure who would have. Her neck was completely twisted around, which requires super-strength. And he seemingly has a motive of trying to get to Ally. Although presumably with Superman-like abilities, finding Ally would be fairly easy without committing murder. Maybe what happened to the doc is something that is related to the threat to both worlds Bizarro is here to try to stop.

9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Question: does Tyler play Bizarro? I really dig the head twitching.

Yes, Tyler's playing Bizarro.

https://ew.com/tv/superman-and-lois-tyler-hoechlin-doomsday-bizarro-twist/

9 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Loved the idea of Sarah having a quinceañera but I was so confused at the fact that she's been only 14 this whole time. These kids are young!

Kyle being a cheater is not a surprise but at least Lana knows about it now and it wasn't dragged out for episodes.

Is it wrong that I'm happy that Jonathan is finally breaking bad and taking the drugs and having a bad attitude towards everything after taking everything that's happened in his life in stride? It was just not normal that nothing seemed to bother the kid. And Grandpa, using him to test how much better Jordan is at everything? Not cool.

Also a little thing that made no sense, Lois's boss is invited to the party but Sarah's boyfriend's twin brother's girlfriend couldn't be invited to the party that's being held in his barn because they hit their limit? What, lol?

We were told that Jonathan and Jordan were 14 last season, and Sarah's in the same grade as them, so it makes sense that a season later, they are all turning 15. The difference is they actually look 15-adjacent as opposed, say, to the casts of Riverdale, Smallville and a lot of other teen shows. 

If loving Breaking Bad Jon is wrong, I don't want to be right.

The justification comes in my mind that some of the guest list is reserved for Lana and her mayoral ambitions and some of it is for Sarah and her actual friends. Lana extended an invitation to the current mayor even though she doesn't like him as a person and they are currently rivals because she thought it would be polite. Inviting the co-publisher of the local paper makes sense in that way. Of course, it could just be that Sarah is being polite and didn't want to invite Candice because she's a drug dealer or some other reason.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

It's nice to see Jon finally get upset about his brother having powers and him not. I don't love the route they're taking with him taking drugs and them working the same as they do on other kids, but it is giving Jon (and Jordan now) a great plot to work with. But hopefully, Jordan figures out that these powers are artificially created, not naturally. And when Jon inevitably does develop powers, I guess it sets up a whole "is Jon using the X-K again?" plot for an episode. 

And yes, Sam, you treating one grandson differently than the other is gonna cause some issues.

Sarah's quinceanera was a disaster, wasn't it? Finding out her dad was cheating with some other woman who knows how long ago? I felt bad for Sarah. With how rocky Sarah's character stuff has been the first four episodes, this one was a lot better for her. I loved Sarah telling Jordan to not let the thing with Jonathan go, relating back to her own depression. The actress did a fantastic job with her panic attack at the end and seeing the betrayal she felt by her dad. And Kyle's guilt and heartbreak was good too. We've seen him change since last season, but what he did was potentially unforgiveable since the affair went into "I almost left my wife for this woman" territory. And as awkward as Lana's dialogue was at times in the episode ("I'll always be here to catch you"), I loved her wholeheartedly supporting Sarah. 

Bizarro vs Superman was fun to watch. And Ally is the real Big Bad, huh. I dig that a lot. And I love that Chrissy didn't actually buy what Ally was selling. Good, she's not dumb! She looked terrified when she woke up from being drugged. 

Also, with how we didn't see Bizarro kill the doctor, it does leave open a route where someone else is involved and did it. With how brutal the doctor looked, it seems like it would be Bizarro but we never saw the death scene so is it possible something else killed her and Bizarro was simply just there for answers? Maybe the show just didn't want to see the brutal death onscreen. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's nice to see Jon finally get upset about his brother having powers and him not. I don't love the route they're taking with him taking drugs and them working the same as they do on other kids, but it is giving Jon (and Jordan now) a great plot to work with. But hopefully, Jordan figures out that these powers are artificially created, not naturally. And when Jon inevitably does develop powers, I guess it sets up a whole "is Jon using the X-K again?" plot for an episode. 

I'm still thinking that the X-K plot will lead to Jon getting powers myself. That brief eye flash seems like solid proof to me.

And yes, Sam, you treating one grandson differently than the other is gonna cause some issues.

The condescension fairly oozed out of his mouth this episode and the worst part is that he wasn't even doing it on purpose. Add the snub of not getting to go to a dance with his girlfriend and I can get why Jon is taking that X-K.

Bizarro vs Superman was fun to watch.

It's great to see what a real budget can do on a CW show.

And Ally is the real Big Bad, huh. I dig that a lot. And I love that Chrissy didn't actually buy what Ally was selling. Good, she's not dumb! She looked terrified when she woke up from being drugged. 

Ditto! I mean, even if what she's saying is true, the woman drugged you! Can't trust someone like that.

Also, with how we didn't see Bizarro kill the doctor, it does leave open a route where someone else is involved and did it. With how brutal the doctor looked, it seems like it would be Bizarro but we never saw the death scene so is it possible something else killed her and Bizarro was simply just there for answers? Maybe the show just didn't want to see the brutal death onscreen. 

I think if the show just didn't want us to see something gory, they'd play it like they did with Tagg's teammates.

• Love 2

Ally actually being right about alternate selves in other dimensions and being the real big bad of the season was a left turn I wasn't expecting. I mean, we know about alternate Earth worlds and all that, but she was presented as a cult leader probably spewing nonsense, but I'm not sure we heard the specifics before of what she was actually teaching

It was touched on previously that Ally used drugs to get people to experience their other selves. Lois was dismissive of it in reporting on Lucy's experience and left out of her reporting that Lucy claimed to have experienced it.

In this episode, Lois did ponder for a second if she had done poor journalism by keeping that detail out of her story, and strangely, Chrissy seemingly supported the decision where she had previously been criticizing it.

I don't know if it settles the journalistic ethics debate over leaving the detail out or not, but it seems to me that it makes the "she should have included the detail" side a little stronger. On the other hand, I suppose one could argue that Chrissy could have been compromised too.

Man, you just knew that the quinceañera was going to end with some kind of drama or heartbreak.  No big gatherings or parties can ever just go smoothly in TV Land! 

At least Kyle's affair is already in the open with the family, but Lana's reaction to it was unexpected.  Sounds like she at least is aware of the bartender lady and isn't completely surprised that he had stepped out with her.  I guess it might have been a case of rumors being spread, she had confronted him about it, he denied it, and she "accepted it", but deep down always knew it might have been a possibility?  Either way, it looks like a major setback for Kyle after he was turning things around lately.  Let us see if he can salvage anything now.  Feel bad for Sarah: you can see that this has hit her hard and will probably affect her going forward.

So, Bizarro might actually not be the big baddie, but is actually going after Ally as well?  Sounds like she might actually be from the mirror dimension itself and is now trying to do the same thing to this Earth.  It would be interesting if Clark/Superman and Bizarro actually end up becoming allies in this battle, although Bizarro will definitely have to lay off on the killing in order to make it work (then again, I also found it noticeable that we didn't actually see him kill Dr. Faulkner.  Maybe someone or something else is at play here?)

At least Chrissy doesn't seem to have fallen under Ally's spell, since she does believe that Ally is telling the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that she's kind of nuts (and that was before she spiked the tea!)

Looks like the X-K is bringing out Jonathan's powers!  This is clearly going to end badly and he is making the wrong choice after wrong choice here, but it still makes sense to me.  He is clearly a kid who has felt like he's been shoved to the side (unwittingly, to be fair) by his family due to Jordan being the one with super powers, and he is now starting to rebel and push back.  I just hope they get a handle on it before things get too far out of hand.

• Love 3

As rough as it is to see Jon making these bad choices and acting out, its quite understandable given everything he has suddenly been through and its becoming a really good plot for Jon and Jordan. Jonathan has been extremely understanding about everything as he has been pushed to the side by his family now that Jordan has powers (even if its unintentional) has been moved away from his whole life, been through the wringer physically and emotionally, its not surprising that he's starting to come undone. Its so sad how happy Jordan was when he saw Jon's eyes glow, knowing what is actually going on, Jordan was right to be worried about him. Taking X-K cant be that healthy for anyone, let alone someone who is already half alien. I can imagine that this could lead to Jonathan getting powers of his own after the X-K gets into him so that even when Lois has grounded him for the next forty years and he stops taking it, he could still have powers. 

I feel like I should have seen Ally and Bizarro being connected coming, it totally makes sense considering she's offering people the chance to glimpse into another world and see another version of them while Bizarro is an alternate version of Superman. I am really interested in where this is going and what the pendant really is and why Ally's family has had it for several generations and if Ally ends up as the seasons true big bad. Very glad that Chrissy realized quickly that, while Ally isn't wrong about the other world, she's also very sketchy and Lois was right to try to bring her down. They really do need to work on their communication, so much of this could have been averted if Lois had been more honest with Chrissy and Chrissy shouldn't have thought the worst of Lois so easily. 

Clark must be really tired of fighting guys who then announce they're here to save the world. 

That quinceanera turned out to be a total disaster, as parties on TV tend to do. Ouch, poor Sarah and poor Lana, what an awful time to find out that your dad had an affair, and right before the daddy/daughter dance. It seems like Lana might have already suspected something and this just confirms it, things are going to be rough at their house after this. I even feel bad for Kyle, as terrible as this mistake was, he really has been making an effort to be a better man for his family and now his past mistakes have caught up with him. I really liked Sarah and Jordan's talk about how Sarah slowly slipped into depression and how Jordan should check in with Jon, its probably one of my favorite scenes with Sarah.

Sam, if you don't want your grandson to smoke space steroids, don't make him his twins water boy while treating him like an afterthought. 

• Love 6

Usually I have more nitpicks for episodes than this one. But I finally came up with one:

Previously Jordan seemed to at least somewhat hold his own with Tal-Rho for a few seconds before T-R was able to take him down. Seems to me that given that he was at that power level then and before that he broke Jonathan's arm, even skirmishing with Jonathan would be a bad idea. Sam shouldn't have allowed it, especially not knowing about the XK.

And even on XK, it seems like he shouldn't have been able to put such a hurt on Jordan.  

• Love 1

Seriously, the Cushing-Cortezes could invite literally the entire town of Smallville, including their mortal enemy the mayor, and Chrissy's allowed to tag along with Lois, but Jonathan isn't allowed to bring a plus one to his own damn barn? Look, I get the actress playing Candace is probably only signed for x-amount of episodes, but come on writers, do better. That lame excuse just made Sarah and her family - and frankly Jon's family too - look and sound like stuck up assholes.

Anyway, Bizarro Supes isn't the bad guy, which really isn't a surprise. Ally Alston is the Big Bad - at least, as of this episode - so Lois was both right and also very wrong about everything that went down with Lucy and the cult story. Chrissy scored points to get back in my good graces after this episode. She wanted the truth, and she got it, because she was entirely correct when she pointed out that Lois lies to her by omission all the time. Lois needs to do a lot better if she and Chrissy are supposed to be partners.

But it's interesting that Bizarro and Ally are tied into one big ball of storyline. Should have expected that, I guess, so I'm intrigued. However, it also seems way too early in the season for the big reveal to come about. I'm guessing something else is on the horizon.

Sam, Sam, Sam - I'm very disappointed in you, especially after I've been touting you as a good father and thinking Lois was wrong to be so hard on you. Then you go and do this - secretly pit the brothers against each other, and worse, make Jonathan feel small? What the hell kind of grandfather are you?!? I mean, on the one hand Sam seemed to understand that Jon was feeling left out. But OTOH, he took way too much pleasure in pushing Jordan as being the "special" one. Shouldn't one freaking human in the family take some interest in helping Jon become the "extraordinary" human Lois claimed Jon could be? You can't just say it once, Lois, then do nothing about helping Jon become that person. No one has stepped up for Jon, and that sucks.

I get that Jon's trajectory is an uncomfortable one, but dammit, it continues to be completely believable given the circumstances. And at least Sarah gets it - she recognizes all the signs of severe teen depression. Of course, we know the drugs are a factor, but they wouldn't be without the depression. I just hope the show's writers have every intention of making this a lesson for EVERY Kent member of the family, not just Jon - because he wouldn't be doing what he's doing if he hadn't been shoved to the side or out of the picture entirely for over a year now.

The X-K should be allowing Jon to tap into dormant powers he may have exhibited eventually. That's what they SHOULD do. However, I still don't believe the showrunner is going to allow two Superboys in this universe, even though by deciding the Kents were to have twins, the logical thing would be for the powers to be split between them.

I like how they explained why the Cushings are Hispanic even though the name was off. Changing the family name to fit in is a very real thing.

But I despise the cheating trope used to screw up a happy family just because they're too happy.

Sounds like JHI is healing, so that's good news.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

The X-K should be allowing Jon to tap into dormant powers he may have exhibited eventually. That's what they SHOULD do. However, I still don't believe the showrunner is going to allow two Superboys in this universe, even though by deciding the Kents were to have twins, the logical thing would be for the powers to be split between them.

Except that that's not how the laws of heredity work. Splitting the powers between them so that neither of them gets the full range of Clark's powers would be like giving them each one brown eye and one blue eye. Because they both have equal amounts of Kryptonian DNA in them (since that's all that Clark could give them, because he has no human DNA to give them) and children inherit the dominant traits of their parents, they should both have inherited the full range of Clark's powers, so they both eventually manifest the full range of those powers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Except that that's not how the laws of heredity work. Splitting the powers between them so that neither of them gets the full range of Clark's powers would be like giving them each one brown eye and one blue eye. Because they both have equal amounts of Kryptonian DNA in them (since that's all that Clark could give them, because he has no human DNA to give them) and children inherit the dominant traits of their parents, they should both have inherited the full range of Clark's powers, so they both eventually manifest the full range of those powers.

Given it is a fantasy universe, TPTB can make the genetics do whatever they want.

Jon and Jordan each get the full suite of Clark's powers at full strength because Kryptonian power-giving DNA overpowers human DNA? Sure!

Jon and Jordan each get the full suite of superpowers, but only at half-strength because they only have half the Kryptonian DNA? Why not?

Clark's offspring doesn't inherit his vulnerability to Kryptonite, as was the case in Superman Returns? Sounds good!

Jordan has powers and Jon doesn't? Well that's what the show has been doing up till now, and so far so good.

Jordan has only some of Clark's powers and Jon has others of the powers? There's no inherent reason the writers can't make it so, just because heredity doesn't generally work like that. Implicit in the statement above are a number of assumptions, including that Clark's chromosones work the same as human/Earthly chromosones, that the power-giving chromosones that he has would be distributed every time in equal amounts, that Kryptonian power-giving genes are dominant over human genes, and that the twins' births were 100 percent natural (no genetic engineering, magic, Crisis nonsense, etc.) 

The biggest assumption is that their powers can't be enhanced/altered by non-genetic factors. The show so far suggests that is not a valid assumption. AI Jor-El thought that neither twin was going to have powers. But something catalyzed Jordan's powers all of the sudden. And the XK mist seems to be doing the same for Jon. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Bizarro might actually not be the big baddie, but is actually going after Ally as well?  Sounds like she might actually be from the mirror dimension itself and is now trying to do the same thing to this Earth.  It would be interesting if Clark/Superman and Bizarro actually end up becoming allies in this battle, although Bizarro will definitely have to lay off on the killing in order to make it work (then again, I also found it noticeable that we didn't actually see him kill Dr. Faulkner.  Maybe someone or something else is at play here?)

My knee-jerk takeaway is that Bizarro came upon Dr. Faulkner already dead, much as Lois did. Obviously it's supposed to look like Bizarro killed her, the overused trope of someone being caught over a body already dead before he/she got there. The set up is a little too on the nose; but my feeling is that Ally's people killed her to keep her quiet because she was going to spill the truth - or, as you say, something or someone else is involved.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 2

Out of curiosity, am I correct that we have seen Jordan demonstrate the following powers when not possessed by a Kryptonian:

-Super-strength on some level (ability to break Jon's hand for example)

-Invulnerability on some level (being able to withstand stuff falling on him when his powers first manifested)

-Heat vision (lighting the candles for Sarah)

-Cold breath (when he had the Kryptonian virus and when he stopped the shoplifters)

-Super-hearing (when he was able to track down Clark at the warehouse JHI had him at last season and more recently when he was hearing Lois's conversation).

But not

-Super-speed

-Flight

-Telescopic, microscopic or X-Ray vision

-Super-smelling :)

• Love 2

In the show I think the writers are doing a good job of making people second guess what is going to happen and as a result I believe we have no idea how the completely fictional kryptonian/human genetics worked in this show or what it means, long term, for Clark and Lois's sons. I think there are stories where Jonathan's contact with X Kryptonite goes wrong, and I think that is still a possibily.

Am I right in assuming, also, that we haven't been told how Clark's powers manifested? Was it slow and erratic?  If there is a solar battery powering up effect, some powers might simply take more energy than others and if someone uses the available power to manifest super hearing they might need to recharge in order to use invulnerability. If the boys grow to adulthood with this sort of power dynamic they still would fit into most superhero groups, given they are clearheaded and can keep calm in a fight.

I think Grandpa Lane, seeing that Lois and Clark have a lot on their plates, is trying to gain the loyalty of his two grandsons. If Jordan ends up with powers, he'd reason, he'd be inclined to take the lead of Grandpa, giving Grandpa an ace in the hole and a permanent place in the family. That's why he has returned from fishing.

Yes, I am increasingly sure we will learn Bizarro's background and I bet he is looking for something to fight Ally in his own world.

I have no idea about weird little child Ally. Why spit out the peppermint? What did she know about the pendant? If she is from the bizarro world did they have to practice walking and talking forward?

Jonathan.....Jonathan oh boy. You are gonna get in serious trouble when the truth comes out. I like seeing that Jordan having powers does bother him. He can't be super supportive all the time. I don't like his new attitude though. Trying to best the other guy on the team? Fine, I get it. Trying to best his brother? I'm not with it. All your life you were more popular with friends, girls, and sports. Jordan gets one thing better than you and you can't handle it?

Sam was no help either.

Glad Chrissy is not teaming up with Ali. I was relieved she didn't buy into what Ali was selling. You're right, she still drugged you. 

Oh Kyle.....you're gonna have a lot of work to do to fix your marriage and relationship with Sarah. At least. They didn't drag this storyline along.

Also, were we supposed to feel sad when Tonya was crying to Kyle about how her feelings were hurt? I wasn't. Kyle is more wrong, but you are no saint lady. You still had an affair with a married with children. I don't care how he never left his wife for you. You had no respect for Lana, Sophie, Sarah, nor yourself.

I saw a tweet saying Lana would be a hypocrite if she didn't forgive Kyle because of what she told Sarah in episode 3. I don't condone cheating. However, Sarah confessed and actually felt bad for just a kiss. Kyle is different. He was not loyal to his wife or his children. He had an affair that got to the point where he was going to leave his family. Does that sound like something you immediately forgive somebody for? 

I don't feel like Bizarro killed Faulkner, but he very well could have. I'm interested in seeing where this story is going.

Edited by BeautifulFlower
Fixing typo
  • Love 1

I don't care for Chrissy at all, she still has butthurt feelings and it's getting really old.  I wouldn't care if Ally Alston sacrificed her to Mola Ram at this point.

Question:  towards the end when Kyle saw the Mayor talking to Lana, he freaks out.  Why?  Does the Mayor know about his affair too?  I guess everything is out in the open now, but I wasn't sure what the Mayor had to do with it.  

On 2/22/2022 at 10:31 PM, TiffanyNichelle said:

Yes, this.  Also, there were a LOT of people in the barn.  We know so few residents of Smallville by name, but they couldn't bother to invite Emily and her daughter?  I thought the daughter is friends with Sarah.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, PAForrest said:

I like how they explained why the Cushings are Hispanic even though the name was off. Changing the family name to fit in is a very real thing.

I appreciated this as well.  The actor has a Hispanic last name and is either full or part Hispanic, his kids look more Hispanic than he does, he speaks Spanish to Sarah, and yet they had a last name Cushing.  I am glad this was explained and addressed.  I'm still not sure if Lana is supposed to be Hispanic, or Egyptian/Middle Eastern like the actress.  Lana spoke Spanish but she could easily have learned Spanish in school or after being married for so long to Kyle.  Lana's last name is Lang which is decidely not Hispanic or Egyptian.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Question:  towards the end when Kyle saw the Mayor talking to Lana, he freaks out.  Why?  Does the Mayor know about his affair too?  I guess everything is out in the open now, but I wasn't sure what the Mayor had to do with it.  

Read it as guilty conscience. Remember, the thing that caused Kyle to revisit his old affair was that Lana's running for mayor, and the Mayor is apparently a sleazeball who would not necessarily have been above trying to use a 14-year-old's suicide attempt to make political hay (though ultimately he agreed that Sarah's off-limits.) 

That got Kyle to remembering that he need to deal with his affair because the Mayor would clearly run the "she can't even keep her man from wandering, how can you trust her with the town budget and the Harvest Festival?"

On a more innocent note, like it was said, they didn't actually expect the Mayor to show up. So it's sort of shocking that he did. 

• Love 1
On 2/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Usually I have more nitpicks for episodes than this one. But I finally came up with one:

Previously Jordan seemed to at least somewhat hold his own with Tal-Rho for a few seconds before T-R was able to take him down. Seems to me that given that he was at that power level then and before that he broke Jonathan's arm, even skirmishing with Jonathan would be a bad idea. Sam shouldn't have allowed it, especially not knowing about the XK.

And even on XK, it seems like he shouldn't have been able to put such a hurt on Jordan.  

I think my bigger nitpick is that, Jordan having displayed a notable level of power previously, neither Sam nor Jordan seems to be all that curious about or shocked by the fact that Jon kinda just kicked Jordan's ass. Boy, that's hard to explain.

Chrissie annoys me - every scene she’s in she’s sulking about Lois.

Really disappointed in the direction of the Kyle storyline but I guess they weren’t going to stay happy for too long.

So it’s more One SuperLife to Live* this week, I guess, with more soap-y shenanigans. Sarah discovers he dad's cheating! Kyle & Lana's marriage is in danger! Conflict between the super sons! Sophie has an appearance! At least the title characters' relationship seems secure.

I'm getting definite Dolores Umbridge vibes off Alison, though for a would be dictator of Earth, she's got a long way to go with only at best a few hundred followers.

Chrissy – if it feels like you’re working for Lois because you are. Lois may act like they're partners but she owns the paper, you just work there. Still, I'm glad the pair are back on the same side (getting drugged will do that to most people).

On 2/23/2022 at 2:00 AM, scarynikki12 said:

I wondered that, too. I've seen WAY too many stories where we find somebody standing over a body only for it to turn out not to be them. And on the subject of Bizarro - was his dialogue reversed (prior to being put in the Kryptonian force field)? It seems like the sort of thing TPTB might do and I'd be curious if anyone's tried to decode it.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:33 AM, cambridgeguy said:

While his vision and breath powers might be stronger it looks like without the pendant Bizarro is no match for Supes.  Even without the X-Kryptonite he was getting his ass kicked.

Traditionally, Bizarro is dumb – and he certainly fought dumb, relying purely on his super abilities (though that would work against 99.9% of opponents). Clark fought much smarter, dodging Bizarro’s attacks and using his momentum against him.

* Though I have to admit, I've never seen a single episode of OLTL