Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E08: Souvlaki

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The disconnect is probably my bad, that racers can and did opt to listen to the lecture without taking the quiz each time. Ryan had to have listened to the quiz at least twice in addition to the time he quit five saints in, based on what was shown to us.

The chyron said that the twin got it on her first attempt. 

The Twin was probably eliminated by the time she was completing the task so the number of tries was less important.

Rewatching with my son. Dusty said that he had wrapped lots of burritos and this was a leaf burrito. There was no joint reference. He even mentioned putting them on his B&B menu. This was just before he started screaming and hoolering and yelping and being all alpha male over rolling grape leaves. 

I did love the cut out shot of the three ladies sitting there laughing at Dusty’s super loud celebration. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Also, doesn’t the fact that they are doing recaps pretty much indicate that they go to the end?  It looks clear now but at the time they started them,    there were a lot more teams and they could have had an unlucky break and gone home.  What would have happened then?  “Uh and we won’t be recapping this week since we got eliminated last week!”  So the fact that they had these recaps going seemed spoilerish.

Lulu & Lala do a podcast recap too…

• Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 9:25 AM, chaifan said:

She reminds me of Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flo_(Progressive) 

I disagree. The vendor has a great deal of likability and sincere charm whereas Uno Wutt has NONE, IMO.

FWIW, fans of Uno Wutt don't need a reminder of what she looks like since she pops up on TV  and 'puter screens zillions of times a day and us foes of Uno Wutt appreciate not having to view the image even one less time than is unavoidable! 

I was watching RHAP and two of the podcaster’s think Kim & Penn have won. This ain’t no spoiler though. They said they just get the impression from watching their recaps and of course how well they are doing on the race.  I have gotten the impression they won because they are basically perfect. LOL!!! Who knows how they would have done had it been the original cast along with harder tasks and self driving involved. Of course, every team was dealt the same hand when they returned so if they did win they deserve it. See everyone on Wednesday.

10 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Agree that I'm surprised they allow these podcasts/recaps.

Racer Recaps are not a new thing.  Team Fun did post-episode recaps for both their seasons.  They also did recaps for the season in between that they were not actually a part of.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Rewatching with my son. Dusty said that he had wrapped lots of burritos and this was a leaf burrito. There was no joint reference. He even mentioned putting them on his B&B menu. This was just before he started screaming and hoolering and yelping and being all alpha male over rolling grape leaves. 

I did love the cut out shot of the three ladies sitting there laughing at Dusty’s super loud celebration. 

There wasn’t a direct joint reference, but he did refer to his “Colorado extracurricular activities”, which immediately made me think rolling joints.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

The only way I can see the order being shaken up is if you take away any mental and physical tasks and make it a game of chance.

After watching Penn at the letter challenge, I can see him questioning whether the clue he finds among the rocks is the right clue, or if it was under the correct amount of rocks, or whether there is another clue in there that might be larger and have more information.....

• LOL 1

Agree that I'm surprised they allow these podcasts/recaps.  Don't all contestants sign a letter of nondisclosure?  Like they can't even tell their family if they won or not?  Weren't they also prevented from posting on message boards such as these?  Wouldn't a video recap fall into the same sphere?  Or do they get a pass because they're "social media personalities", and well, this is their schtick and how they make a living?  I don't get understand.

There's nothing to disclose after an episode has already aired, so it's not like they're giving anything away. 

There's a reason shows like this are increasingly casting social media "personalities" and it's because they come with built-in fanbases. I'm sure the show and the network are happy to have popular teams do recaps. It's just free publicity for them.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2022 at 10:24 AM, Leeds said:

Personally, I like this child's palette.

Very cute picture. 😊 And you spelled “palette” correctly.

(For anyone wondering, the twins were talking about their childish “palates.”)

• Love 2
On 2/18/2022 at 5:21 PM, Roccos Brother said:

I feel increasingly disappointed that Spencer and Anthony didn't make it back on the race, if for no other reason than the fact that they seemed to have been the biggest threat to Ryan/Dusty's dominance over the competition. The playing field has felt very uneven since the race resumed

The playing field might seem uneven, but not necessarily in Ryan & Dusty's favor.  Kim & Penn have now finished first in more legs than Ryan & Dusty have.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, millennium said:

You're not alone.

Penn's every reaction seems planned.  He can't just say, "Whew, glad I got it right."  He has to do a victory dance or pantomime or something gif-like.  It just grates. 

It hasn't come across like that to me at all.  It just seems like who he is, not something he's just doing for attention.  I actually find him pretyy nice.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:03 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Kim and Penn are delightful. Their attitude is great and I love them taking notes and also enjoying their time while racing. I would love to see them win.

My thoughts exactly.

On 2/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, Netfoot said:

It's quasi-lamb, isn't it?

Where I get it, it is.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:17 PM, eel21788 said:

I still think part of the reason they keep coming in first is because they keep leaving the start line first. If we had more legs where there was a wait time to start a task or being on the same flight leveled the field the way it happens in a normal season, I think we would be seeing variations of what order people are ending the legs.

There's not that much a time lag between departures, so I'm sure the reason Kim & Penn have finished first 3 legs in a row is that they're pretty good racers.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:38 PM, Etta Place said:

I wasn’t able to figure out whether dolmades is plural for dolmade or what

Dolmades is the plural of dolma in Greece.  And they are incredibly delicious.

54 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

So … Flo. Is this your own made-up thing here or WUTT?

It's Blergh's made up thing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

So … Flo. Is this your own made-up thing here or WUTT?

That's it so I don't have to type that annoying character's name that starts with F, ends with O and has an L in the middle.  Also, there are folks that I like named that so I don't want that character dragging them down!

On 2/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, eel21788 said:

I still think part of the reason they keep coming in first is because they keep leaving the start line first. If we had more legs where there was a wait time to start a task or being on the same flight leveled the field the way it happens in a normal season, I think we would be seeing variations of what order people are ending the legs.

Other teams are starting at the same time, and still not beating them.

• Love 1

This is from a ways back because I'm binging this weekend but having been raised by an super intensely extroverted person that is how Penn reads to me.  Yes he is doing his schtick for the audience but he'd be doing the same schtick for an audience of one.  Kim has seen more little antics than you can possibly imagine.  And Penn is lucky to live in a world where that impulse can be validated on the constant.   My dad was an early riser and cooked full on breakfasts every morning to get people more awake sooner so they could talk to him.  My grandmother sort of hated him until she visited and stayed at our house and he was so thrilled to learn she was an early riser he baked her a loaf of bread every single morning timed to be cool enough to be cuttable but still warm when she woke up every morning... EVERY MORNING.     Which was better than his other go to if nobody would pay attention to him of finding a topic a person was so invested in they'd always argue, always.. his favorite topics with my mom were, Women's tennis is terrible (he loved women's tennis) and that my grandfather (her father) was secretly a communist (as it turns out he was...)

• Love 4
On 2/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, Netfoot said:

So, the twin that munched down maggot cheese up-chucked onions?!?? And, after taking a single bite, couldn't the other twin have then eaten the lion's share, sparing the philistine onion hater?

Ryan was being such an dick at the lecture, looking away, not listening attentively, and making me hope he got eliminated. And I think he would be, if not for Cayla. The priest ("Don't talk to the priest!") wouldn't have continued the lecture if it weren't for her, and he's still be there, acting like a petulant rasshole.

Arun & Natalia lost again. But were able to recover and avoided elimination. Sorry to see the twins go, but they lost that leg with no help from A&N.

Logic would suggest that next week (#9) will be another NEL, then an elimination in #10 and the final three race to the mat in #11.

Souvlaki! I want one two!

Yeah, that was my only quibble about this episode.  If your sister can't tolerate onions to the point of retching on camera (I don't want to see that!), how's about you eat the majority of the second one? (even though you didn't have to eat a second one!)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 2/17/2022 at 11:16 AM, greyhorse said:

I imagine a lot of America has never had souvlaki.  Not sure where you're from or where you grew up, but it's not like there's a Greek diner or fast food on every single block like a McDonald's.  Not that hard to imagine.

Souvlaki is basically grilled chicken with herbs wrapped in bread. Not that uncommon of a food in America. After eating maggot cheese, grilled chicken should have been a breeze but apparently not.