Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

• Start Topic

I definitely prefer C/B's free dance, but H/D did a great job.  It's too bad Madi's bobble in the rhythm dance is going to keep them off the podium.  At least all of them are getting team medals.

Edited by NUguy514
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Souris said:

Is it just me or was Nathan Chen’s applause for H/D a lot less heartfelt than for C/B? Same, Nathan, same.

I noticed it too! I know Nathan has said a lot of positive things about C/B in interviews. 

Just now, HartofDixie said:

What was the deduction for?

extended lift it went over 12 seconds. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Souris said:

Welp.

This S/K routine is putting me to sleep. Everything pales beside alien.

I’m amazed by how much I love the alien number. I hated it the first few times, but since the Team Event, I’ve become a believer. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

watching the final group now, I'm wondering why the closecaptioning always seems to cover the graphics on screen.  When skaters are being introduced it covers their names, ranking, country, music, etc. and during the skate it covers the score box.  WTF?  is this my cable company or NBC?

Not sure what cable company you have but same here (I have Verizon). I have to turn off closed captioning during any kind of sports event, so I can see the graphics.

18 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

I’m sorry I ever doubted the alien program! It was so good!

It's so cute! So clever and original and fun! Love seeing someone think outside the box.

• Love 6

Can't deny that they're the best.

This is the second time I've seen this dance, but you know what? I love it. I love the little details, especially the way they close their hands in the twizzles.

Edited by GeminiDancer
  • Love 3
Just now, CeeBeeGee said:

Not sure what cable company you have but same here (I have Verizon). I have to turn off closed captioning during any kind of sports event, so I can see the graphics.

It's Xfinity/Comcast and suddenly it's been corrected so that the captioning isn't covering anything now.  It's too bad because it was bugging me thru all of the previous skating programs.  I too find I have to turn off the captioning most of the time so I can get the info I was missing.

4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Well I liked their other FD's more, but they are the best skaters of the competition by far, so gold well deserved.

"Find Me"? I think that free dance is brilliant. It's my second favorite program next to Sinnerman.

Edited by GeminiDancer
12 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

It's so cute! So clever and original and fun! Love seeing someone think outside the box.

Yes. It really is clever and out of the box. Not to mention here we have a pair that has been a couple for many years with none of the: 

1) we paired up and started dating

2) the training took a toll on our relationship and we broke up

3) now watch as we do flowy routine after routine making googly eyes at each other pretending like we're going to f** on the ice but remember, we're not a couple.

We've seen this scenario play out so many times in pairs and ice dance that it's such a tired trope.

This is what turned me off both V/M, H/D, G/P (although Grishuk was/is a nutcase) and countless others.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, Souris said:

Is it just me or was Nathan Chen’s applause for H/D a lot less heartfelt than for C/B? Same, Nathan, same.

Ha yes! I thought I was imagining that, but he really did look happier for C/B.

15 minutes ago, Souris said:

Welp.

This S/K routine is putting me to sleep. Everything pales beside alien.

That program is so dull and that awful music change near the end should've been an automatic deduction. H/D's free dance isn't my thing, but they skated it really well and should've been in 2nd.

P/C still bore me but they deserved to win.  Chock/Bates had the most dynamic and interesting skate of the night IMO.

• Love 6

Super excited for the H/D bronze. I find them entertaining on and off the ice. I love that Madi has not been shy about going for gold, even though everyone else knew it wasn't happening. I enjoy that competitive spirit. She and Zach also just skate to the limit and keep things exciting. 

• Love 3