Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

• Start Topic

On 2/3/2022 at 9:06 PM, Minneapple said:

Nathan had a great short program to start off, kudos to him.

Thank God,  I was at the edge of my seat,  he looked nervous to me but had a flawless program. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:12 PM, Jeddah said:

H/D were skating forwards. They were just skating too, not doing any elements or anything, which seems to me like they should be staying out of people’s way. Then neither of them even turned around to acknowledge it. I’m definitely biased because I loathe H/D, but they seemed at fault to me.

The smugness of those two just makes me want to throw things at the TV.  All the posing and look at me acts before their performances  too....I hate rooting against our team, but I do not want to see them medal.  I have never warmed up to their style of skating either.  They just bug the bejeezus out of me!  

Edited by jrzy
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, katha said:

I must say, I quite like the Team Event now. It's an opportunity for the skaters to win more Olympic medals and participate in more Olympic events and the strategies are interesting to watch. 

I really like it too. There is so much strategy about who to put where and how to build momentum for the individual events. It’s fascinating. I really like seeing them all together and supporting each other. And a lot of skaters have really delivered in the team event when they weren’t expected to like Mirai, Adam, and Knierim/ Knierim last time. I hope that continues this time!

• Love 7
On 2/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, Jeddah said:

I really like it too. There is so much strategy about who to put where and how to build momentum for the individual events. It’s fascinating. I really like seeing them all together and supporting each other. And a lot of skaters have really delivered in the team event when they weren’t expected to like Mirai, Adam, and Knierim/ Knierim last time. I hope that continues this time!

Yeah, I've been loving the team event. It seems to get more exciting year after year. Love seeing the athletes supporting each other.

I wonder though if they'll ever reevaluate having the team event at the beginning of the games. I think it makes way more sense to have it at the end. 

Guys, I am *so* nervous for Karen. She must be feeling an incredible amount of pressure to be perfect tonight. Nobody wants to be the only person who doesn't deliver during the team event. I just wish her well and am glad that she has such an incredible support system of family and friends to help give her strength.

The other annoying thing is I have to work tonight so I won't be able to watch live. I don't know if I'm disciplined enough to keep myself from being spoiled before I get home.

Is there any chance that Karen could beat Wakaba Higuchi if they both skate clean or is that an impossibility?

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Is there any chance that Karen could beat Wakaba Higuchi if they both skate clean or is that an impossibility?

For SP, maybe. Their scores in the Grand Prix this year for SP are very close. 

• Love 1
On 2/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

I'm not a fan of Knierim and Frazier but damn if they didn't bring it last night.  What a good skate.

I agree that most of the skaters are looking kind of sluggish- I attribute that to lack of crowds AND jet lag.

I'm very glad that H/D skated to the RD because they tend to be technically stronger than C/B, but ALSO because it's one less time I have to listen to that irritating "Ah-ah" song.

I wonder how the ladies will skate on saturday- what that will do to the standings.  Certainly I don't think Diana Davis will be able to skate in team event now after last night.  ROC really wants the gold.

And because it can't be said enough: YAY for Nathan having a clean skate.  I truly want him to win the gold.  He has certainly worked for it these last few years.

I missed the pairs,  is that being replayed ?

5 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Yeah, I've been loving the team event. It seems to get more exciting year after year. Live seeing the athletes supporting each other.

I wonder though if they'll ever reevaluate having the team event at the beginning of the games. I think it makes way more sense to have it at the end. 

Guys, I am *so* nervous for Karen. She must be feeling an incredible amount of pressure to be perfect tonight. Nobody wants to be the only person who doesn't deliver during the team event. I just wish her well and am glad that she has such an incredible support system of family and friends to help give her strength.

Initially I didn't care for the team event. Now I really like it & consider it a great way to break the ice nerves-wise for team participants.

The one I'm worried about is Vincent.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ouinason said:

gotta give that poor girl credit, she did pretty good after falling so early.

She looked like she was on the verge of a breakdown in the kiss and cry. Poor kid's probably scared she'll be shipped off to the gulag after that fall. 

• Love 4

Well, it is also known as the Ukrainian bell carol so at least she was showing some national spirit....

This "Sweet Dreams" medley is horrific.  I had high hopes with the red hair as an homage to Annie Lennox but I was disappointed. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ouinason said:

at least the Czech music is interesting.  I thought I'd fall asleep to that slow Whiter Shade of Pale thing.

I thought it was Paint It Black?

Either way, hated it.

Edited by BlackberryJam
Just now, ouinason said:

Georgian performance was lovely, but the music was still bad.  Come on guys!

The Celine Dion music isn't any better in French. I don't care if Johnny loves it.

The skater is beautiful, with fabulous lines and soft knees and I wanted to like her so much. 

Not so fun fact: what the US knows as the Carol of the Bells is a Ukrainian folk song which was adapted for choirs by a man who was murdered by an early version of the KGB when the Russians took over the Ukraine. Considering what is happening today, no wonder the Ukrainian skater got teary-eyed:

• Useful 4
  • Love 8