Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Looking at Brittany Lo Grasso's IG it looks like she's auditioning for the Raiderettes. Maybe if she doesn't make it she might try for the DCC.

Wonder if she made semi finals if she did try out !!!!

(edited)
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Wonder if she made semi finals if she did try out !!!!

The most recent post on her IG https://www.instagram.com/p/C5m3strMh5U/

According to the Raiderette's IG the person call backs are April 28th, Semi-finals - April 30th - May 2nd, and Finals are May 4th.

She probably auditioned because her former AAIA teammate, Kennedy made it plus 5 other former AAIAs.

Edited by MrsEVH
On 4/19/2024 at 12:28 PM, PepperM said:

Oh I think I have about twice that, but not all of them are from this year 😅 want to compare lists?

I sent you a message.   My file is too big. To post

• Like 2
On 4/19/2024 at 1:05 PM, MrsEVH said:

Julissa Garcia Think she definitely would make the team if she did.

Charly Barby - she tried out last year, think she has a good chance of making it this year

Darah Haidet -the blond on fire here:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C52PTqsgWFE/?igsh=eHNjcHI5NHR5aTI2

Brittany LoGrasso

Trinity T Miles I would be shocked if she didn’t make the team

Abby Summers

Brittany LoGrasso just posted on IG that she's moving to Vegas, so it looks like she is pursuing the Raiderettes after all.

Julissa, Charly, Darah, Trinity, and Abby were all tagged in that IG video from Jenn A's prep class in the DCC studio, along with a few current DCC and:

Kayla Hayes - former DCC (unsure if she's taking class for fun or wanting to audition and reclaim her spot)

Samatha Moody - former AAIA, current Dallas Sidekicks Dancer

Former DCC Maddie also posted a prep class with two ladies: Lauren Chavez (current TCU showgirl) and Kyre Walker.

Someone on Reddit also speculated that TCC Kelly Villares from last year would reaudition, and it made me wonder if any other TCCs would be back as well... in their posts at the time they were cut, both Darian and Anisha alluded to making a return, and Ariana was back in Jenn A's class last night.

Any other potential candidates? I love seeing other people's lists of possible rookies while we're without a show (although that won't be the case for long!)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I like Ava, I hope they don't hold her teenage immaturity against her.

They didn't with Victoria 

• Applause 1

Don't know if this was posted already,  but here is a popular young lady who MIGHT try out for DCC, Darah Haidet.

https://www.tigertv.tv/sports/from-champion-to-influencer-lsu-dancer-grows-on-social-media-after-national-championship-win/article_2679f5b8-03f9-11ef-a942-039ad7c9f33b.html

52 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Victoria is not returning,  no details,

If true, I hope she goes on to have a fulfilling life.  She took so much flack as a DCC, some of it unfair, IMO.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Victoria is not returning,  no details,

I had a feeling this might be the case.  This is just speculation on my part but I think she has had some kind of falling out with Sam Finglass.  VK was going to be one of her bridesmaids and was not at Sams shower and they have not been mentioning each other any.  She seems to be moving all of her content away from DCC and towards the gym she teaches at.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2

VK and Ashlinn's retirements are confirmed. I'm shocked. New predictions below:

Group 1: Chandi / KD

Group 2: Jada Tori

Group 3: Armani / 3rd year

Group 4: Megan / Kelee

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

After seeing VK in the goodbye video. I know why she is retiring. Best of luck to her though. 

• Love 1

Shocked to see VK retire before she got any of the major accolades within the org! This is going to be a MASSIVE rookie class. 

On 4/21/2024 at 6:16 PM, Christineelgene said:

I sent you a message.   My file is too big. To post

Will compare and post some when I get home later!!

On 4/28/2024 at 12:39 PM, ByTor said:

I like Ava, I hope they don't hold her teenage immaturity against her.

Yes, I hope Ava reauditions and makes it now that she’s got some more maturity under her belt. I think her UK teammate Madelyne Trent may also be auditioning

IMG_3770.jpeg

• Love 3

Summary of the 2023 Rookie class.
I am usually way off, but anyway:

1. Anna Kate - barely noticed her. She's safe at auditions. If she is not liking it or not well liked, I see her retiring early, and doing her own thing. Or she will be a 4 or 5 year girl like Caroline, but more in the background.

2. Brooklyn - Gorgeous gal, seems fun. But if she makes it much farther in her DCC tenure, it's a gift.

3. Camille - Another supermodel. Her dancing is somewhere in the middle. I could really see it going either way for her - she may get sick of the DCC stepford wife perfection and opt for a shorter tenure, or she may stay longer. Safe at auditions.

4. Kennedy - TPTB love her. She's the only rookie to be a sideline sweetheart and the only rookie at Draft Day. She trained with former DCC Hannah A. so I sorta have a soft spot for her. She's safe at auditions despite not having a wow factor at all. I see her doing 4 plus years. 

5. McKenna - so pretty, seems sweet and bubbly and a bit silly - her personality shines the most out of these 8. She fades a bit on the field. She's safe at auditions. I could see her doing a shorter tenure with her family and friends not in Tx. I hope she sticks around longer.

6. Reece - She's a good dancer, she takes good photos. She's definitely safe at auditions. Unless something happens, she will easily go 4 years and be a group leader and what not and fit their perfect DCC mold.

7. Taylor - Love Taylor, but she fades in the group. I blame that blonde that they put in her hair, it washes her out. She would look so much more striking without the blonde. She's a super strong dancer so she will stick around and have a decent tenure if she likes it. I hope they find a way to make her pop more because she could be a powerhouse.

8. Zoe - strong rookie. She will be safe at auditions. I also see her drinking the DCC kool aid and doing at least 4 years.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

After seeing VK in the goodbye video. I know why she is retiring. Best of luck to her though. 

Why is she retiring? I bet I’m not the only one that thought vk would be at least 5 year girl, whatever we thought of her

6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

1. Anna Kate - barely noticed her. She's safe at auditions. If she is not liking it or not well liked, I see her retiring early, and doing her own thing. Or she will be a 4 or 5 year girl like Caroline, but more in the background.

My bet is that she went to Caroline first before trying out and got the dirt from her on the people on the team, who on the team to be careful of and what staff to be careful off etc and Caroline prob told her what to do to blend in etc

• Like 5

Now that we know that 13 girlies are retiring, I'm kinda upset that two of my favorite TCU girls decided that this year is the year to try out for other NFL teams lol. But I wish all the best to Madisyn (who's trying out for the Raiderettes) and Alyssa (who's trying out for the Broncos Cheerleaders) even though it'll break my heart, I really hope that they make their respective teams. 

Also I heard that Ariana is trying out for the Dolphins. While I wasn't as attached to her as someone like Madisyn, Alyssa, or Charly, I really thought she was gonna make the team the second time she tried out for DCC. I wish her good luck as well 🙏

• Like 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Why is she retiring? I bet I’m not the only one that thought vk would be at least 5 year girl, whatever we thought of her

It appears that VK gained her weight back.  She looked really good at the beginning of the season. I think around November and December I noticed she was putting some pounds back on. But then when I saw that goodbye video she looked much much heavier and I think the videographer was even trying to hide it by having her bend forward sniffing the rose.  That’s just my opinion. But I’ve definitely noticed a weight gain. 

IMG_3720.jpeg

• Sad 1
On 5/1/2024 at 12:50 AM, Christineelgene said:

Ashlinn is also retiring 

That's so unfortunate! She flew a little below the radar, but she seemed like a consistent dancer and well-liked teammate! I wish her the best for her future endeavors. 

• Like 3
On 5/1/2024 at 4:02 AM, StellaCL said:

2. Brooklyn - Gorgeous gal, seems fun. But if she makes it much farther in her DCC tenure, it's a gift.

3. Camille - Another supermodel. Her dancing is somewhere in the middle. I could really see it going either way for her - she may get sick of the DCC stepford wife perfection and opt for a shorter tenure, or she may stay longer. Safe at auditions.

4. Kennedy - TPTB love her. She's the only rookie to be a sideline sweetheart and the only rookie at Draft Day. She trained with former DCC Hannah A. so I sorta have a soft spot for her. She's safe at auditions despite not having a wow factor at all. I see her doing 4 plus years. 

5. McKenna - so pretty, seems sweet and bubbly and a bit silly - her personality shines the most out of these 8. She fades a bit on the field. She's safe at auditions. I could see her doing a shorter tenure with her family and friends not in Tx. I hope she sticks around longer.

6. Reece - She's a good dancer, she takes good photos. She's definitely safe at auditions. Unless something happens, she will easily go 4 years and be a group leader and what not and fit their perfect DCC mold.

7. Taylor - Love Taylor, but she fades in the group. I blame that blonde that they put in her hair, it washes her out. She would look so much more striking without the blonde. She's a super strong dancer so she will stick around and have a decent tenure if she likes it. I hope they find a way to make her pop more because she could be a powerhouse.

8. Zoe - strong rookie. She will be safe at auditions. I also see her drinking the DCC kool aid and doing at least 4 years.

I confuse Kennedy and Taylor constantly and have to check the IG tags or captions to clarify.  Zoe reminds me of Tori and Cianna combined. For dancing, I find Reece a bit forgettable, actually.

However, with 13 vets retiring, I don't see them cutting any rookies unless they really got out-of-shape (and with auditions just opening & seeing recent photos, it doesn't seem likely) or will be completely outdanced by incoming candidates. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 5/1/2024 at 3:42 PM, TUOwl84 said:

It appears that VK gained her weight back.  She looked really good at the beginning of the season. I think around November and December I noticed she was putting some pounds back on. But then when I saw that goodbye video she looked much much heavier and I think the videographer was even trying to hide it by having her bend forward sniffing the rose.  That’s just my opinion. But I’ve definitely noticed a weight gain. 

IMG_3720.jpeg

When people started mentioning this in the thread, I went to her Instagram and noticed that the last few photos (or videos) she had posted on the grid she was the only one covered up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3OxjZMNInT/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6AI1FKtZV8/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6RCljROmms/

I didn't want to comment on her body, but I did think it was odd (especially in the prep class video. I feel like most people wouldn't get that grace, but maybe it's not the same in prep class as it is in solos or other places.

I didn't love how she was shoved in our faces during MTT, but I'm sad for her that this thing that she's been trying to do her "whole life" is now over for her. That's gotta be hard.

Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 3.58.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 3.59.21 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 6:32 AM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Now that we know that 13 girlies are retiring, I'm kinda upset that two of my favorite TCU girls decided that this year is the year to try out for other NFL teams lol. But I wish all the best to Madisyn (who's trying out for the Raiderettes) 

My girlie Madisyn is now a Raiderette let's gooooo!!!! 

spacer.png

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
Edited to include her cameo photo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 4/30/2024 at 10:03 AM, erikaelvis said:

I think she has had some kind of falling out with Sam Finglass.  VK was going to be one of her bridesmaids and was not at Sams shower and they have not been mentioning each other any.  

Interesting. Tina was still there. Could she have had another commitment?

On 4/30/2024 at 7:03 AM, erikaelvis said:

This is just speculation on my part but I think she has had some kind of falling out with Sam Finglass. 

I don't get the feeling this is the case.  Sam left this post in the DCC IG retirement photo:

SamFinglassVKretirement.png.63a28462e888ac79db28e9f9bf63db8d.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2024 at 6:32 AM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Now that we know that 13 girlies are retiring, I'm kinda upset that two of my favorite TCU girls decided that this year is the year to try out for other NFL teams lol. But I wish all the best to Madisyn (who's trying out for the Raiderettes) and Alyssa (who's trying out for the Broncos Cheerleaders) even though it'll break my heart, I really hope that they make their respective teams. 

So update on Alyssa, she didn't make the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders 😭😭😭 It sucks but I heard that the competition was stiff af for DBC (I heard that some vets were even cut *gasp*) But one of those vets wasn't Lily so all is good in the world (congrats to Lily btw who is now a 4th year vet with DBC) 

Anyways back to Alyssa. I hope that she applied at the VERY last minute for DCC (I'm pretty sure today is the last day to do so) but I am not gonna get my hopes up about it. 

• Sad 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

So update on Alyssa, she didn't make the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders 😭😭😭 It sucks but I heard that the competition was stiff af for DBC (I heard that some vets were even cut *gasp*) But one of those vets wasn't Lily so all is good in the world (congrats to Lily btw who is now a 4th year vet with DBC) 

Anyways back to Alyssa. I hope that she applied at the VERY last minute for DCC (I'm pretty sure today is the last day to do so) but I am not gonna get my hopes up about it. 

Since the dbc auditions were virtual until finals maybe just maybe she used that video to apply !!! And yes there was two vets cut one that was going into her 4th year and one going into her 3rd year 

Edited by Holly85
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Excited!

Who's the blonde lady between Jada and Kelcey?

Isn't it Madeline S?

• Like 2

Of course Victoria is front and center. Lol I had to say it. But I get it, she's been around for years and all. It's crazy if she had made it her first time auditioning, didn't take a year off, and came back this year, she'd be on her 7th season. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I've been away from this for so long lol. Who's the blonde between VK and Jada? I actually recognized Madeline S. Interesting they included two legacies.

I believe that's Sophy.

• Thanks 1
On 5/22/2024 at 9:25 AM, Christineelgene said:

IMG_4715.jpeg

I love the way their hands create a star formation.  Who else didn't see it at first?

• Like 3

So excited for the show!!! And glad that we don't have to wait until the end of summer to watch. I'm imagining it may be less that Kelli is shifting away from perfection and more that is part of the story the show makers decided to tell. Love that Jada and Kelsey made the show poster, rolled my eyes at Victoria, but I appreciate that Madeline S was included since legacy Victoria was in there. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

So excited for the show!!! And glad that we don't have to wait until the end of summer to watch. I'm imagining it may be less that Kelli is shifting away from perfection and more that is part of the story the show makers decided to tell. Love that Jada and Kelsey made the show poster, rolled my eyes at Victoria, but I appreciate that Madeline S was included since legacy Victoria was in there. 

It’s going to way different then cmt making the team it’s more docu series style then reality tv 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, JarlenaFan2024 said:

OK so I'm behind and probably going to get in trouble for asking this...Is the show coming back on a new network?

Yes, on Netflix in the US summer. 

6 hours ago, JarlenaFan2024 said:

OK so I'm behind and probably going to get in trouble for asking this...Is the show coming back on a new network?

June 20 on Netflix.  I can't wait.  This one has a different vibe.

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

June 20 on Netflix.  I can't wait.  This one has a different vibe.

Totally different.  I hope people are not disappointed that it is so much different than MTT.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2024 at 10:35 AM, Weeklydcc said:

I love the way their hands create a star formation.  Who else didn't see it at first?

I am today years old 

On 5/23/2024 at 3:50 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Of course Victoria is front and center. Lol I had to say it. But I get it, she's been around for years and all. It's crazy if she had made it her first time auditioning, didn't take a year off, and came back this year, she'd be on her 7th season. 

Wow, that IS crazy! I hadn’t realized that until you said it.  

Question, please🙋🏾‍♀️As Netflix is an international network, does anyone know if the new show be shown overseas or just in the States?  I’m asking as there are so many international DCC fans that may have Netflix. 

3 hours ago, WenD08 said:

Question, please🙋🏾‍♀️As Netflix is an international network, does anyone know if the new show be shown overseas or just in the States?  I’m asking as there are so many international DCC fans that may have Netflix. 

Maybe email Netflix? I'm still trying to figure out how to bookmark the show's page on there.

On 5/24/2024 at 6:41 PM, Holly85 said:

It’s going to way different then cmt making the team it’s more docu series style then reality tv 

+

20 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Totally different.  I hope people are not disappointed that it is so much different than MTT.

I am sure it will be very different and I hope so! While I love DCC:MTT (so much!), I'm ready for something new rather than an imitation of the original. Plus, I have wanted to see more of the DCC during the actual football season for YEARS, so I am looking forward to that. I also am really curious to see the team and process through a lens that is *not controlled by Kelli & Co. This is where I think that "perfection isn't perfect" is going to come in. I don't see how I can be disappointed, unless it's all Victoria every episode (I am not a Victoria or legacy-hater, but I am so much more interested in most of the other women as dancers and as people).  I mean, I feel like 7 new episodes of anything will be welcome to me. 

9 hours ago, JarlenaFan2024 said:

Just signed up for Netflix.  Is there somewhere to preview the show?

Here is the preview: 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, M1977G said:

+

Here is the preview: 

There are three different ladies talking in this preview.  The first one sounds like Caroline and the last one sounds like Kelcey (correct me if I'm wrong.)  WHO is the middle voice?!    "Once that uniform comes on, all of the flaws and the problems go out the door..."      Thanks