Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Hi…. Haven’t posted here in ages. Just popped in because I saw Victoria’s post. I hope she’s healthy and happy. Wish her nothing but the best. I missed all of the speculation about why she took last year off. She looks very thin this year, so I have my guesses. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

From comments I’ve seen rookie kally is in group two along with Sophy 

Must mean Lea is in the group to as she commented on Sophy's post

14601A89-427B-45A7-A56F-1B9C20604FFC.jpeg

Edited by MC123
Photo added
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Also this one kally stating she is in group 2 0779B363-E2BA-4DE2-B08E-3A33DCDD8154.thumb.jpeg.e72b47c655d7904b73a4f3bede2de251.jpeg

Jalyn commented on someone's post that she was Kally's leader. So Jalyn is the leader of Group 2 with Kat as her second.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PamPamPam said:

Glanced at Victoria's insta. It seemed to me she's using filters on closeups, and the filters do her (and no one) no favors. 

I don't have an insta, can someone post a couple pictures of her here? I want to know what everyone's talking about!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I read on a FB fan group that rumor is there wasn’t a show group audition this year.  Plan per rumor it was decided to just use the ladies from last years team to be on show group again this year.  

Interesting 

AT&T Locker room reveal up on DCC Insta Stories. Officially announced group pleaders (not 2nds) and confirms their group numbers:

1. Caroline
2. Jayln
3. Kelcey
4. Ashlee

• Love 5
10 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I read on a FB fan group that rumor is there wasn’t a show group audition this year.  Plan per rumor it was decided to just use the ladies from last years team to be on show group again this year.  

Less the four (Gina, Lexie etc) that left plus Dani and Kelee. That is who danced at Oxnard making 16.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She could be taking a social media break 

I mean, totally possible. On her birthday though? It was just weird to me. She might’ve gotten shadowbanned for music copyright or something idk

5 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I mean, totally possible. On her birthday though? It was just weird to me. She might’ve gotten shadowbanned for music copyright or something idk

it’s possible for sure that she could of gotten shadowbanned 

55 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Jada's hair is natural 😃

I don't have knowledge on black women hair but aren't Darian, Tyras, KDs beautiful hair natural? Or is it not calledhair natural because they put hard work for it to be pretty?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

I think on the website it gots Group leaders 1-4 then Second leaders 1-4, then it’s by seniority, alphabetically. 

Group 1: Caroline, 2nd Chandi

Group 2: Jalyn, 2nd Kat

Group 3: Kelcey, 2nd Claire

Group 4: Ashlee, 2nd McKenzie

I thought group leaders were done by seniority except for Group leader 1? Like last years it was Lexie, Gina, Rachel W, and Caroline. So wouldn’t Ashlee be before Kelcey?

2 minutes ago, Monique said:

I think on the website it gots Group leaders 1-4 then Second leaders 1-4, then it’s by seniority, alphabetically. 

I thought group leaders were done by seniority except for Group leader 1? Like last years it was Lexie, Gina, Rachel W, and Caroline. So wouldn’t Ashlee be before Kelcey?

Ashlee’s group was reported by several of us as group 3 so I wonder if they ended up making a switch 

On 8/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, go4luca said:

Not your bad.  It's an excellent observation and yes, the team is long overdue for a POC point.

Well, we would have had Jenna in 2017 if she hadn’t screwed up…. Thought I should bring this up as we could have had another amazing poc as point but sadly, it wasn’t meant to be…. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Monique said:

Just a thought that came to my mind is that Ashlee may have asked to be Group 4 leader. It's the only group number that she hasn't been in before. I have no idea if this has any truth to it or not, but again just a thought.

On 8/17/2022 at 8:47 PM, MrsEVH said:

I saw this on the DCC Reddit group.

image.png.2c693bebe525757cc007d5dc8e89569a.png

On 8/17/2022 at 9:01 PM, Holly85 said:

That’s all stars 

If they are the all stars someone tell me their names. I can only name Brianna, former titans in front row, and the red head is Stephanie whose now a fitness instructor? And is that Amy L with longer hair?

36 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Have you seen her close up?  She looks really aged. 

Not a fan of this year's CU gummy smile cameo.

No I haven't seen her up close.  I've got to give her props though.... the year she took off, she worked hard and it shows. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Have you seen her close up?  She looks really aged. 

Not a fan of this year's CU gummy smile cameo.

I'd say she looks more tired than haggard.  She's one of those women who looks better without makeup.  

Screenshot_20220818-192436_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I'd say she looks more tired than haggard.  She's one of those women who looks better without makeup.  

You're definitely entitled to your opinion.  I stand by mine though.  Whatever she's doing is aging her and I hope the long term effects aren't causing issues for her health.  I don't wish that on anyone.

image.png.e430732fe5944dd6bed01807bdf89533.png

Edited by go4luca
added photo
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Re. the discussion on types of contracts and “firing” vets: The entertainment industry usually hires their artists (like dancers and musicians) as contract workers. This is a contract for a specified and limited period only. It can be terminated if necessary but when it ends, it’s either renewed or not, in which case someone is simply not hired back.

Based on the work the cheerleaders do and subtle comments on the show over the years, I’m 100% certain they’re offered a contract from the start of training camp until May the next year. If they’re cut or get injured, for whatever reason, the contract is simply terminated. If they make it, they serve the contract till its end date.

As soon as the auditions start, they’re technically all without a job as their contract has ended. From a legal point of view, a vet who is cut at finals is thus not fired but simply not hired back. When they’re selected for training camp, they’ll get a new contract. That’s how it works in this business….

• Like 1
  • Love 4

GL Kelcey looks so different to me, is this just hair/makeup or has she had work done? 

Here's a pic from her rookie year:

20220818_231624.thumb.jpg.3bbb8efe78375ffe85a9494f4d53e951.jpg

Compared to a pic from 2022 Oxnard:

20220818_231545.thumb.jpg.ada7a4b6f0bd06241918407b9d52dfeb.jpg

She's really pretty in both pics and I really don't have any moral qualms about plastic surgery. I just think she looks different and I can't figure out why! 

(Also, pics are from Caroline's and Kat's instagrams bc I don't think people edit how other people look when they post lol)

7 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

GL Kelcey looks so different to me, is this just hair/makeup or has she had work done? 

Here's a pic from her rookie year:

20220818_231624.thumb.jpg.3bbb8efe78375ffe85a9494f4d53e951.jpg

Compared to a pic from 2022 Oxnard:

20220818_231545.thumb.jpg.ada7a4b6f0bd06241918407b9d52dfeb.jpg

She's really pretty in both pics and I really don't have any moral qualms about plastic surgery. I just think she looks different and I can't figure out why! 

(Also, pics are from Caroline's and Kat's instagrams bc I don't think people edit how other people look when they post lol)

Her hair longer and is now a really black color compared to how it used to be a more browner black.

(I don't think this answers your question but this is the only thing I've noticed.)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Her hair longer and is now a really black color compared to how it used to be a more browner black.

(I don't think this answers your question but this is the only thing I've noticed.)

Lol yeah I did notice the longer black hair

To me her face looks longer/narrower now compared to her rookie year and her bottom waterline/lash line seems like it's angled upward now. But those also don't seem like real plastic surgery procedures, which makes me wonder if it's just different hair and makeup?? 

Idk though if I'm the only one who sees it, it's probably not as drastic of a change as I'm thinking

• Love 1
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

You're definitely entitled to your opinion.  I stand by mine though.  Whatever she's doing is aging her and I hope the long term effects aren't causing issues for her health.  I don't wish that on anyone.

image.png.e430732fe5944dd6bed01807bdf89533.png

Victoria looks terrible. Her face is sunken and showing lines around her mouth that weren’t there before.

A good example is Daphne who looks 10 years younger now she’s left the squad and gained weight. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

To me her face looks longer/narrower now compared to her rookie year 

Same. Her weight looks the same to me, I think the longer hair is making her face look longer. Also her part is a little more centered in the more recent picture, that also makes people look slightly different.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Kamal said:

I don't have knowledge on black women hair but aren't Darian, Tyras, KDs beautiful hair natural? Or is it not calledhair natural because they put hard work for it to be pretty?

Most people who say natural hair as it pertains to black women are talking about what is known as kinky hair - course, curly hair that is unique to black people.  I'm glad it's "acceptable" to TPTB now.  I wear wigs myself, but no one should be forced ro cover their beautiful natural locs.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Screenshot_20220818-192436_Instagram.jpg

I liked the original pic, but closer up her body is scary skinny.  The DCC are allowing a few more voluptuous women now - Claire and Kelee for example.  So maybe V should focus on healthy eating and exercise instead of overdoing it.

• Applause 2
On 8/18/2022 at 5:41 AM, PomPomPom said:

New team cameos and bios. are up on Cowboys Website

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/

Still no squad photo (unless I am looking at the wrong place), also no headshots either :(

Anyways I updated the rookies to my name database and here are the changes.

AMANDA went from 2 to 3 girls (Amanda Byrd (1986), Amanda Dilks (2019, 2020), Amanda Howard (2022)
KALI went from 1 to 2 girls (Kali Nicole Drake (2012), Kali Rochford (2022)
KALLY is new to the list (Kally (2022) - I wasn't able to find her last name yet)
KARLEY is new to the list (Karley Swindel (2022)
KAYLA is new to the list (Kayla Hayes (2022)
KYLIE is new to the list (Kylie Dickson (2022)
MARISSA went from 1 to 2 girls (Marissa Garrison (2020, 2021, 2022), Marissa Phillips (2022)
SOPHY is new to the list (Sophy Lulaufer (2022) Surprisingly there is no other variation of the name "Sophy" (no Sophie, Sofie, Sofia, Sophia, nothing) I could have sworn there was one, unless I am wrong.
ZHENYA is new to the list (Zhenya Kolpakova (2022) Zhenya is now the last name on the list (surpassing Yuko) and the only name that starts with the letter Z. 

Let me know if I got something wrong :)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChcYuNiA57u/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This link shows some of the girls I was hoping would make this year’s team or at least tcc. (Though I don’t think this necessarily shows their best, I’ve seen them all in other clips and generally enjoy their dancing.) I don’t know if Natalie Hillman tried out though his year, but I have followed her for some time and vaguely remember her trying out before.  Melanie Montalvo is super cute, pretty sure she did try out, and of course there is my favorite Bre, and Ariana 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Still no squad photo (unless I am looking at the wrong place), also no headshots either :(

Anyways I updated the rookies to my name database and here are the changes.

AMANDA went from 2 to 3 girls (Amanda Byrd (1986), Amanda Dilks (2019, 2020), Amanda Howard (2022)
KALI went from 1 to 2 girls (Kali Nicole Drake (2012), Kali Rochford (2022)
KALLY is new to the list (Kally (2022) - I wasn't able to find her last name yet)
KARLEY is new to the list (Karley Swindel (2022)
KAYLA is new to the list (Kayla Hayes (2022)
KYLIE is new to the list (Kylie Dickson (2022)
MARISSA went from 1 to 2 girls (Marissa Garrison (2020, 2021, 2022), Marissa Phillips (2022)
SOPHY is new to the list (Sophy Lulaufer (2022) Surprisingly there is no other variation of the name "Sophy" (no Sophie, Sofie, Sofia, Sophia, nothing) I could have sworn there was one, unless I am wrong.
ZHENYA is new to the list (Zhenya Kolpakova (2022) Zhenya is now the last name on the list (surpassing Yuko) and the only name that starts with the letter Z. 

Let me know if I got something wrong :)

I think KALLY’s last name is Bethea, based on her LinkedIn profile

2 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

This is not a coincidence. E-v-e-r-y photo!

E7DF29CD-7863-4FEA-8A7B-ED8F0A063884.thumb.jpeg.cd254b26a542ba9ad62ce11271059333.jpeg

Where is VK?

Isn’t she right next to Michael Ervin?  On his left

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2022 at 12:30 AM, GenX88 said:

Agreed! I’m apparently one of the few , maybe only one on here that thinks she deserves to be there , she earned her spot 🤷‍♀️ The hatred grown women have for a young lady they don’t even know is disturbing 

It bugs me too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2