Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I took a screenshot of Chandi’s post wow is Jalyn soooooooooooooo thin! It’s the two of them from Oxnard. Chandi is tiny but wow Jalyns thigh is so incredibly thin. I don’t remember her being painfully thin… 

40A2096B-7607-4320-BBC0-C4E18D52E13F.jpeg

The face even looks different!  Is this actually Jalyn?  Did she have work done?  She was always so pretty and vibrant!  She seems like a shell

Jalyn is a petite boned girl (I am too).  She looks fine to me.  Another shot from Oxnard attached.  Before anyone brings up her ribs, I see other girl's ribs in the shot as well.  Ribs often show when your arms are raised up like this.

cowboys_dcc_news_1659275956_10.jpg

• Love 10
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Jalyn is a petite boned girl (I am too).  She looks fine to me.  Another shot from Oxnard attached.  Before anyone brings up her ribs, I see other girl's ribs in the shot as well.  Ribs often show when your arms are raised up like this.

cowboys_dcc_news_1659275956_10.jpg

In addition to all you said…I can’t imagine how many steps she gets daily being a DCC, at her dance studio, and doing events. My girl has a lot going on! 

• Love 9

I'm not an Ashlee fan, (I'm more rooting for Kelcey, Chandi, Claire) but looking at how much of a strong fan base Ashlee has I wonder why they don't give point to her. I'm sure we don't technically know for sure until the games start though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a theory about groups- Kelcey posted a pic of her, Claire, Kelee and Tori and Marissa posted a photo with Ashlee, McKenzie, Darian and KayDianna. Not saying it is confirmed but my theory is that these are some of the vets in Ashlee and Kelcey groups

• Love 3
15 hours ago, go4luca said:

Jalyn is a petite boned girl (I am too).  She looks fine to me.

I also think she looks fine. In fact, just yesterday I saw the season on Pluto when she made the team, she looks exactly the same to me.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I also think she looks fine. In fact, just yesterday I saw the season on Pluto when she made the team, she looks exactly the same to me.

Me too. She just is tiny

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kamal said:

I'm not an Ashlee fan, (I'm more rooting for Kelcey, Chandi, Claire) but looking at how much of a strong fan base Ashlee has I wonder why they don't give point to her. I'm sure we don't technically know for sure until the games start though.

Has having a strong fan base ever been a criteria for point?

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Kamal said:

Because Kelli doesn’t care about that. The only opinions that matter to Kelli is Kelli’s own opinion and probably Charlotte since she’s her boss.

I love Ashlee and I can definitely see her as point. But I also like Caroline a lot and she’s very deserving of being point in more ways than one too. I’d be happy with either but very pleased Caroline got it. We have 36 amazing dancers, so of course there are more than one possible points that would be great and are very deserving.

Lastly Kat: Yes, great performer and great field presence, she’s fun to watch like Kashara. Because of that, she could pull off point too. But my main concern will always be her abilities to represent the team and act as spokesperson (which is what points do a lot) Kat is known for her constant blabbing and speaking before you think, causing some ‘interesting’ gaffes. She may have improved over the last two years but if she hasn’t then this definitely rules her out as point for me. 

• Love 4
On 7/31/2022 at 8:01 PM, Blue hues said:
On 7/31/2022 at 7:47 PM, TB12 said:

I took a screenshot of Chandi’s post wow is Jalyn soooooooooooooo thin! It’s the two of them from Oxnard. Chandi is tiny but wow Jalyns thigh is so incredibly thin. I don’t remember her being painfully thin… 

40A2096B-7607-4320-BBC0-C4E18D52E13F.jpeg

The face even looks different!  Is this actually Jalyn?  Did she have work done?  She was always so pretty and vibrant!  She seems like a shell

I see it too . Look at her under eye area . She doesn’t look like she feels well or is making it a priority to make healthy choices . 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2022 at 2:42 AM, Kamal said:

By that logic might as well make Victoria point (can’t believe I just put that out in the universe)

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, GenX88 said:

or is making it a priority to make healthy choices . 

Tiny people are just . . . tiny.  I have a 40 year old niece I swear is no larger than the tiniest DCC girl.  I'm always thinking why doesn't she just eat.  She's just tiny.  But she does eat a healthy diet splurging every now and then.  I guarantee though she's never been to some drive through hamburger joint or fried chicken place.  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Tiny people are just . . . tiny.  I have a 40 year old niece I swear is no larger than the tiniest DCC girl.  I'm always thinking why doesn't she just eat.  She's just tiny.  But she does eat a healthy diet splurging every now and then.  I guarantee though she's never been to some drive through hamburger joint or fried chicken place.  

Or never been on the milkshake diet aka the 11 lbs up in training camp but I digress… my comment about Jalyn  was bc I don’t remember her being one of the “tinies” on the team and I was surprised to see her so thin…

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Or never been on the milkshake diet aka the 11 lbs up in training camp but I digress… my comment about Jalyn  was bc I don’t remember her being one of the “tinies” on the team and I was surprised to see her so thin…

Jalyn has always been tiny and has always had bags under her eyes which could be for any number of reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I find it interesting that it took so long for Caroline to take point.  When KaShara came back as a guest choreographer in 2019, she was asked who should succeed her.  She chose Caroline.  And she finally made it after Amy/Maddie, Maddie/Rachel and Gina/Rachel.  I imagine it is a great honor to be the first sole point after KaShara.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I find it interesting that it took so long for Caroline to take point.  When KaShara came back as a guest choreographer in 2019, she was asked who should succeed her.  She chose Caroline.  And she finally made it after Amy/Maddie, Maddie/Rachel and Gina/Rachel.  I imagine it is a great honor to be the first sole point after KaShara.

Wasn't Caroline one of the gals who imbibed a bit too much at Lake of the Ozarks? Perhaps K & J held back on that honor for her as "punishment"? Then again, depending on opinion, it was felt that the gals who were previous co points were more deserving at that time. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I find it interesting that it took so long for Caroline to take point.  When KaShara came back as a guest choreographer in 2019, she was asked who should succeed her.  She chose Caroline

i thought that was so weird because wasn't caroline a second year at that point?

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

i thought that was so weird because wasn't caroline a second year at that point?

I still say Kashara was talking about Caroline with regard to something else and the show edited the conversation to make it sound like Kashara was recommending Caroline for point.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I still say Kashara was talking about Caroline with regard to something else and the show edited the conversation to make it sound like Kashara was recommending Caroline for point.

I kinda agree but at the same time that is bad (as in uninteresting) editing. For casual viewers she wasn't even noticeable to begin with and she doesn't become point after all. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I think it was moreso that she was reliable and trustworthy. She says so in the clip (5.20 ish)

• Like 1
  • Love 5

So I saw on Facebook a photo of VK attending the DCC Belk fashion show.  She looked soooo young!  Seems her mom walked the runway with the DCC.  Wow that Kalina Finglass bond is tight!  Given their history, I find it unlikely that Kelli gave VK the heave ho to take a year and shape up.  Would have thought she would try to get the DCC to conform to VK.  

any idea where she is placed in the formation? 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping the 37 may be 36 doesn't mean someone's injured and potentially leaving. 

I've seen on instagram sometimes the training camp candidates and some veterans with KT tape wrapped on their knees so probably

13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Rumor has it that the team was announced and that it was at 37 . . . but that the number might change in the coming weeks.

Here's where I saw it (who knows if it's actually true or not): 

The last time the team was announced as 37 it was because they didn't wanna cut Meredith. Look how that turned out. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, WeLostATeammate said:

The team could be at 36... but Kelli has no integrity to do what's right.

4 hours ago, cgloss said:

What does this mean?

There has been speculation on Reddit that at TCC  (Zhenya) is injured enough that she is getting a pass on doing the jump split. This all started right after Alyssa (TCC - who was also injured) got cut. The person stirring the pot had a brand new user name of course.  My suspicion is that there is some bitterness, particularly around the Alyssa cut, and so rumors were posted to insinuate things about Zhenya. It has not been confirmed by an insider on Reddit or here, although there hasn't been any insiders around much this year without the show. I don't follow any facebook groups - I suspect there is probably discussion over there as well. 

Sometimes rumors have a grain of truth, sometimes not. I think this one is a bit ridiculous to start because we won't have a show this year to verify any of it and it seems cruel right off the bat to imply a TCC didn't deserve to make the team - that will follow them their entire DCC career. Zhenya and Alyssa were both shown with ace bandages and tape on their legs. Zhenya performed the kickline by herself at finals. That is all we really know so far. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, LunaValerion said:

Not exactly breaking news or really even new, but it has now been confirmed that all cheerleaders are capped at five years. This rule apparently made last season.  

No more six years, seven years, etc. 

Maybe to cut down on the chance of injuries? 

6 minutes ago, LunaValerion said:

Not exactly breaking news or really even new, but it has now been confirmed that all cheerleaders are capped at five years. This rule apparently made last season.  

So how does it work for girls like Victoria took a year off and came for her 3rd year ? 

4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe to cut down on the chance of injuries? 

Someone on FB had said to give other gals a chance.  It's interesting though cause if you are on your 7th year and can still beat out a newbie.....

Just now, Holly85 said:

So how does it work for girls like Victoria took a year off and came for her 3rd year ? 

She probably gets to start over and she's back at one:/

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Really? 

I had a feeling Marissa was aiming for the 6th year title. (She would still be young on her 6th year just like Jenna)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Huh. It’s not like they had an excessive amount of DCC trying to do this. Only Jenna and Sydney in the past 17 seasons, right?

So the rule starts after Amy, Maddie, and Tess retire but before Gina, Lexi, Ashlee, Jalyn, and Caroline do. Lexi announced her retirement early on during her final year. So what, they didn’t want Gina back? 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Huh. It’s not like they had an excessive amount of DCC trying to do this. Only Jenna and Sydney in the past 17 seasons, right?

Trisha Trevino also did 6 seasons (2005-2010).

13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She probably gets to start over and she's back at one:/

I wouldn't surprise me. Whatever VK wants she seems to get.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

So the rule starts after Amy, Maddie, and Tess retire but before Gina, Lexi, Ashlee, Jalyn, and Caroline do. Lexi announced her retirement early on during her final year. So what, they didn’t want Gina back? 

The New England Patriots have a similar rule, where they cap cheerleaders at 4 years. Apparently, since the former director cheered for 4 years and felt fulfilled in her cheer career by that point. So, as director she wanted to make sure there was always the new opportunity to make the team. It always seemed unfair to me- just because the director knew she wanted to be done at 4 years doesn't mean that every cheerleader feels the same way.

Thinking about tenure limits in terms of DCC I guess I understand it better. It would be professionally confusing to demote a cheerleader as GL or from her position in the triangle. At the same time, it would be demoralizing for younger cheerleaders to know the best they can do is 2nd GL or 3rd row in the triangle because there's too many 6th and 7th years taking the prime positions. First and second year, I think most cheerleaders are just happy to be on the team. By third and fourth year, I think most people are want DCC accolades. 

Also, from a management perspective, Kelli and Judy can keep younger cheerleaders in line (usually) because there's always the reward of reaching a milestone 5th year. What does a woman whose been there for 6.5 years have to lose?  

If a cheerleader loves appearances or the status of being associated with DCC, she can stay on as an All-star. It is kind of sad though, that if you want to keep performing, but don't want to be a full-time dancer on Broadway or in Hollywood, you don't have any opportunities to dance after your mid-20s. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/1/2022 at 3:44 AM, MC123 said:

I have a theory about groups- Kelcey posted a pic of her, Claire, Kelee and Tori and Marissa posted a photo with Ashlee, McKenzie, Darian and KayDianna. Not saying it is confirmed but my theory is that these are some of the vets in Ashlee and Kelcey groups

The pic that Marissa posted shows the front line of Ashlee’s group.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

Really? 

I had a feeling Marissa was aiming for the 6th year title. (She would still be young on her 6th year just like Jenna)

Marissa specifically said she would like to be a DCC for 5 years.  (Or wouldn’t mind?-I  forget what I read.) I doubt if she would want longer because she always seems to have another goal she would like to accomplish.  Or two or three. Lol. I wish I was as driven at her age. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

I’m guessing there are two sides to this coin (if it is true) 

1. The cowboys football players have backups in case of injury or illness. The game this past season were TPTB were barely able to get 29 cheerleaders on the field for thunder, even after calling in all stars, shows that they need more diverse options. Think about how many retiring/current DCC got engaged this past year. You know in a perfect world most the current team/all stars would want to go to everyone’s wedding parties/ceremonies. Or the all stars that starting having kids/moving out of TX. Also COVID-19 is spiking and the holidays are on Saturday/Sunday this year. A lot of new variables to consider. 

2. From what I know about TPTB splitting the point position idea was not just as a new transition in choreography. Point/s are named for the whole season (given no injuries/weight warnings) and girls have also been point for more than one season. Now TPTB say they consider the girls talent, consistency, power, projection, look, seniority, etc each year. But I also think TPTB have heard the fans and cheerleaders that people want fresh faces. aka: different girls being highlighted. aka aka : cut the favoritism and repetition. (in areas like thunder, calendars, sideline sweethearts, game day girls, who the cameras cut to during the games, show group, etc.) Loosely quoting Judy “this gives us another look into the triangle, different girls get to shine”

I think as long as they have thought out and logical reasons, not just favoritism, then I don’t see a problem with 37 right now. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TVaddict2355 said:

I’m guessing there are two sides to this coin (if it is true) 

1. The cowboys football players have backups in case of injury or illness. The game this past season were TPTB were barely able to get 29 cheerleaders on the field for thunder, even after calling in all stars, shows that they need more diverse options. Think about how many retiring/current DCC got engaged this past year. You know in a perfect world most the current team/all stars would want to go to everyone’s wedding parties/ceremonies. Or the all stars that starting having kids/moving out of TX. Also COVID-19 is spiking and the holidays are on Saturday/Sunday this year. A lot of new variables to consider. 

2. From what I know about TPTB splitting the point position idea was not just as a new transition in choreography. Point/s are named for the whole season (given no injuries/weight warnings) and girls have also been point for more than one season. Now TPTB say they consider the girls talent, consistency, power, projection, look, seniority, etc each year. But I also think TPTB have heard the fans and cheerleaders that people want fresh faces. aka: different girls being highlighted. aka aka : cut the favoritism and repetition. (in areas like thunder, calendars, sideline sweethearts, game day girls, who the cameras cut to during the games, show group, etc.) Loosely quoting Judy “this gives us another look into the triangle, different girls get to shine”

I think as long as they have thought out and logical reasons, not just favoritism, then I don’t see a problem with 37 right now. 

Yeah I remember Covid going threw their lock room this past season 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

The New England Patriots have a similar rule, where they cap cheerleaders at 4 years. Apparently, since the former director cheered for 4 years and felt fulfilled in her cheer career by that point. So, as director she wanted to make sure there was always the new opportunity to make the team. It always seemed unfair to me- just because the director knew she wanted to be done at 4 years doesn't mean that every cheerleader feels the same way.

There's some NFL & NBA teams with girls that have been there anywhere from 6-10 years.

• Love 3