Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Victoria really should go to her natural hair color. Her blond is really aging her and her hair is really damaged. (Maybe it's not damage but the way she styles it though)

• Love 3

I really hope Cassie reaudition this year and make the team.

She seems so sweet looking at Alanna, Dani, Ellie, Lily's posts.  

I'm rooting for her the most if she chooses to audition this year.

• Love 6
On 3/9/2022 at 10:54 PM, hannahbanana said:

This is from the 2021-22 squad page:

Screenshot_20220309-204809_Chrome.jpg

Rachel and Erin?? Those are both shockers to me, but the rest I could have guessed. Any thoughts on Jalyn? I feel like with her planning a few of these weddings that she’s going to be suuuuper busy. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Rachel and Erin?? Those are both shockers to me, but the rest I could have guessed. Any thoughts on Jalyn? I feel like with her planning a few of these weddings that she’s going to be suuuuper busy. 

Jalyn was at the swimsuit calendar fittings so I doubt she is retiring.  Unless it's an unplanned surprise retirement for some reason.

Rachel didn't surprise me.  She's getting married and possibly wants to move on with her life and start a family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/11/2022 at 2:09 AM, Kamal said:

Victoria really should go to her natural hair color. Her blond is really aging her and her hair is really damaged. (Maybe it's not damage but the way she styles it though)

One thing I hate about them all using Tangerine salon is the blondes all end up the same shade.   It's whatever the popular color is that year, and they all have it.     

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

One thing I hate about them all using Tangerine salon is the blondes all end up the same shade.   It's whatever the popular color is that year, and they all have it.     

In recent years, it's looked even worse against a fake tan. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Jalyn was at the swimsuit calendar fittings so I doubt she is retiring.  Unless it's an unplanned surprise retirement for some reason.

Rachel didn't surprise me.  She's getting married and possibly wants to move on with her life and start a family.

I didn’t realize Rachel was also getting married! That’s fantastic - so many DCC weddings coming up. 

Jalyn is just a weird hunch I have, but I’d be happy to be wrong. I really enjoy her dancing and this group could use another leader sticking around. 

• Love 3

Did anyone see Gina's post today about Brady deciding to come out of retirement. What caught my attention was the quote "I've decided my place is on the field, not in retirement "(paraphrased). Does anyone else read anything into that?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Did anyone see Gina's post today about Brady deciding to come out of retirement. What caught my attention was the quote "I've decided my place is on the field, not in retirement "(paraphrased). Does anyone else read anything into that?

it means he decided his place is playing on the field she shared it on her story and put exploding heads 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Holly85 said:

it means he decided his place is playing on the field she shared it on her story and put exploding heads 

Just curious because I saw Gina in some classes.  Is it typical for girls to still take classes even though they are retiring.  Has Gina said for sure that she is?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, erikaelvis said:

Just curious because I saw Gina in some classes.  Is it typical for girls to still take classes even though they are retiring.  Has Gina said for sure that she is?

I know she went to Maddie’s class and she still goes to technique classes on Tuesday as well as Other ladies that are leaving 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I could see her feeling inspired by his choice, but I think she was just reacting to the announcement like much of the football community. We'll see though 👀

• Love 5
3 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

I haven't seen anything that Gina said she is retiring. The retirement list posted above was posted as coming from someone with insider information in the 2021-22 squad thread -- so the only confirmed so far (actually posted about it themselves) are Amber, Lexie, and Taylor I believe.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I haven't seen anything that Gina said she is retiring. The retirement list posted above was posted as coming from someone with insider information in the 2021-22 squad thread -- so the only confirmed so far (actually posted about it themselves) are Amber, Lexie, and Taylor I believe.

Yes, exactly!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbDj9erjZb7/?utm_medium=copy_link

3days ago from Jen's class. We got Madeline S and Victoria dancing together. I think this is the first time I've seen them side by side. The styles are so different. To me Madeline S is more controlled and technical and Victoria has the power and energy. I'll admit, I was watching Victoria...and not because she is in front.... yet again lol

The girl dancing with Ashlinn is making her work for it. I believe her name is Hana. Don't know if she plans on trying out or taking the class for fun, but her technique is effortless. I'd be nervous if she is auditioning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

3days ago from Jen's class. We got Madeline S and Victoria dancing together. I think this is the first time I've seen them side by side. The styles are so different. To me Madeline S is more controlled and technical and Victoria has the power and energy. I'll admit, I was watching Victoria...and not because she is in front.... yet again lol

The girl dancing with Ashlinn is making her work for it. I believe her name is Hana. Don't know if she plans on trying out or taking the class for fun, but her technique is effortless. I'd be nervous if she is auditioning. 

I noticed Hana too! Apparently this was her first class back after a major surgery, so she may not be ready now, but maybe she will be - she looked great in this video!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

I noticed Hana too! Apparently this was her first class back after a major surgery, so she may not be ready now, but maybe she will be - she looked great in this video!

Oh wow. Well that makes her even more impressive.☺️

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

It's nice to see them doing another type of  dancing instead of that same old hip hop.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Oh yeah, I totally noticed the other dancer with Ashlinn. She seems quite talented.

Victoria has a beautiful fan kick but otherwise she's so over the top and attention seeking in her execution that it kinda ruins the whole performance. That's just her style, all the time. Madeline's overall performance is much more put together and enjoyable.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Oh yeah, I totally noticed the other dancer with Ashlinn. She seems quite talented.

Victoria has a beautiful fan kick but otherwise she's so over the top and attention seeking in her execution that it kinda ruins the whole performance. That's just her style, all the time. Madeline's overall performance is much more put together and enjoyable.

Hana looks great! Looks like yet another one I’m going to root for. I’m seriously going to be upset no matter what happens this season because there simply aren’t enough spots for all I like. 

As to Victoria - I feel the difference is Victoria dances as if her one and only goal is to dance for DCC.  As much as K&J like technique, most routines for DCC don’t require it. Big and bold works on the field. 

Whereas someone like Claire for example dances like not only do they want to dance for DCC but dance with the goal of dance as a career.  A lot of the girls fall somewhere in the middle of these kind of dancers.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

A hundred(ish) dancers turned up for Kashara's prep class at AT&T Stadium last night (she was assisted by Lexie and Gina). One particularly caught my attention, AVA!.........discuss.

Screenshot_20220317-200942_Reddit_1647547930250.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

A hundred(ish) dancers turned up for Kashara's prep class last night (she was assisted by Lexie and Gina). One particularly caught my attention, AVA!.........discuss.

O M G  you caught the tea before me. The way I RAN to PT hahahah. Omg I'm shocked. She clearly doesn't read the boards, good for her 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Screenshot_20220317-200942_Reddit_1647547930250.jpg

I'm actually glad that Ava is trying out again. I understand last year TPTB felt she needed to be humbled and her pom style needed work, but I feel she has alot to offer the team. She certainly has the look and beautiful technique. 

Also rooting for Kylie, Caylie, and Amanda H!!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

I'm actually glad that Ava is trying out again. I understand last year TPTB felt she needed to be humbled and her pom style needed work, but I feel she has alot to offer the team. She certainly has the look and beautiful technique. 

Also rooting for Kylie, Caylie, and Amanda H!!

Not for sure Ava is trying out or not she could just be taking the class and having out with other ladies 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

literally shocked that ava showed up

Rooting for Ava. Yes she made some bad choices on social media at 17-18 years old, but I love a comeback & someone who GROWS UP. She can dance, she deserves a spot if she’s matured.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, 123mobile said:

Rooting for Ava. Yes she made some bad choices on social media at 17-18 years old, but I love a comeback & someone who GROWS UP. She can dance, she deserves a spot if she’s matured.

I hope she comes back just like Brandi Kilby did.

• Love 8
On 3/16/2022 at 12:58 PM, MeeMee2 said:

The girl dancing with Ashlinn is making her work for it. I believe her name is Hana. Don't know if she plans on trying out or taking the class for fun, but her technique is effortless. I'd be nervous if she is auditioning

I'm not a huge Madeline S. fan but I was drawn more to her control.  I like Victoria ... but when you put her with someone who has control and technique, she looks like she's flailing.  Also... Hana Alford is a spectacular dancer and if she auditions then it will be interesting to see what the outcome is. 🧐

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I hope she comes back just like Brandi Kilby did.

So do I!  They've taken others back to TC (and onto the team) after immature mistakes.  I would hate to see them turn away a phenomenal dancer because she did something silly as a teenager. She's one of the strongest rookie candidates they've had since Holly!

• Love 3

I really Hope Jordann tries out again. She's absolutely beautiful and seemed very sweet. When ashlinn didn't do the jump split she could have hurt Jordann yet Jordann asked her if she was ok. So selfless. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Yes I think we need sisters on the team lol

I actually don't because they dance very alike (I thought she was tori for sure), and DCC is all about the girls being a little bit different.

8 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

How many squad spots do you guys think are available?  Assuming VK will get one and maybe Lisa if coming back.  Would be surprised to see Lisa back though with all her academic achievements.  

With zero but forum info to base my guess on (gotta love the informed speculators!), I am going with 8-9 spots up for grabs at the start of training camp. Maybe as many as 10.

Madeline S could be a struggler who has to prove herself, if she has continued to rush and be imprecise. She dramatically improved from her first time in TC to this year, but I still saw a lot of rushing and her just looking a bit different from the other dancers in the frame in this past TC. Hopefully, she gained confidence over the year and has cleaned that up with experience. I don't want any vets to be cut this year! 

I am not ready to give VK a "given" spot back, and I just hope Lisa doesn't try out again. She is one of my least liked as a DCC, but of course, I wish her recovered health and ongoing success. With VK, there's always so much hearsay. I am going to wait to see if she shows up at auditions, first, and then, I'll just have to wait and see! If she's a hot mess like her first year in TC, I think Kelli will have no choice but to say no, even if it drags almost to the end like before. If she is in DCC dancing shape, though, I see her making it back and a painful comeback-redemption story line prevailing next season. *prolonged eye roll & sigh*

• Love 3

I honestly don't know why anyone would assume Ava wouldn't try out again. She's only, what, 19, 20? She was already so close to making the squad last year, even with the "immaturity", and her dancing is already great. Can only get better with more maturation. She's also not from Dallas, so I doubt her being there is just for fun. I think she's seriously going out for DCC again, and I'd bet she makes it this year.

Would also love to see Holly make it. Tori and Holly on the team together would be nice, IMO. Haven't had sisters since the Torres sisters, I think, so that'd be cool.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I honestly don't know why anyone would assume Ava wouldn't try out again. She's only, what, 19, 20? She was already so close to making the squad last year, even with the "immaturity", and her dancing is already great. Can only get better with more maturation. She's also not from Dallas, so I doubt her being there is just for fun. I think she's seriously going out for DCC again, and I'd bet she makes it this year.

Would also love to see Holly make it. Tori and Holly on the team together would be nice, IMO. Haven't had sisters since the Torres sisters, I think, so that'd be cool.

I would love it to they have the same dance style as well 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, M1977G said:

With zero but forum info to base my guess on (gotta love the informed speculators!), I am going with 8-9 spots up for grabs at the start of training camp. Maybe as many as 10.

Madeline S could be a struggler who has to prove herself, if she has continued to rush and be imprecise. She dramatically improved from her first time in TC to this year, but I still saw a lot of rushing and her just looking a bit different from the other dancers in the frame in this past TC. Hopefully, she gained confidence over the year and has cleaned that up with experience. I don't want any vets to be cut this year! 

I am not ready to give VK a "given" spot back, and I just hope Lisa doesn't try out again. She is one of my least liked as a DCC, but of course, I wish her recovered health and ongoing success. With VK, there's always so much hearsay. I am going to wait to see if she shows up at auditions, first, and then, I'll just have to wait and see! If she's a hot mess like her first year in TC, I think Kelli will have no choice but to say no, even if it drags almost to the end like before. If she is in DCC dancing shape, though, I see her making it back and a painful comeback-redemption story line prevailing next season. *prolonged eye roll & sigh*

Thanks for the response.  Can’t wait to watch!  

• Love 1
On 2/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, PomPomPom said:

Only my interpretation as there is nothing in writing but I've always thought of a legacy as someone who's mother had been a DCC. I'd be interested in what others opinion is.

Kitty Carter had a niece on the DCC in the 90s.  I wonder if that counts as a legacy.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:05 AM, PomPomPom said:

Only my interpretation as there is nothing in writing but I've always thought of a legacy as someone who's mother had been a DCC. I'd be interested in what others opinion is.

10 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Kitty Carter had a niece on the DCC in the 90s.  I wonder if that counts as a legacy.

8 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I think the interpretation has always been that the mother was a DCC

A great question for @ShellyB, if she still comes around here.