Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Ontreon's Journey

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

17 pages in the live chat? Wow, I guess this was a good one?

Well, only if you like boring, completely uneventful episodes. But his wife was a gorgeous sweetheart! 

• Love 14

I suspect that after his final appointment with Dr. Now, that Ontrean went to the giant buffet across the parking lot from the office, followed by eating his way home through every fast food drive thru he could find.       His wife is such a lovely woman, he doesn't deserve her.    I hope his wife realized after this that Ontrean doesn't want to change, just act like he wants to change.     

You can certainly tell when the camera crew is sick of someone, when they shot that epic 'snack' to help him write a sermon about grief. 

I figured he was a know-it-all that knew better than Dr. Now when he announced that it was a 7 hour drive to Houston, when it is barely 4 hours, so apparently 3 hours worth of drive thru stops.    He will never listen to anyone else.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Hellga said:

Auntie Anxiety called it mere minutes into the show!

When I saw him order his snack, I was like really dude? 

His wife was a delight and here was someone who wasn't an enabler. He doesn't deserve her. 

• Love 16

I pretty much knew the moment Musa cooked him that lovely fish dinner (which I very much would have enjoyed) that this one was enabling himself. I hope she gets a Greencard at the very least out of him. And then runs. 

• Love 23

I have yet to figure out how he turned the steering wheel while driving.  It looked like it became embedded in his stomach whenever he got into the car.

He apparently doesn't know his Bible very well. Gluttony is one of the seven DEADLY sins - which may become his reality sooner rather than later.  Actually, I can't understand why a church would give him a ministerial license.  He was "living in sin" (gluttony).  And a Biblical requirement of elders (leaders) includes the need to be disciplined - not giving in to drunkenness or other unhealthy appetites.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Nope, seven deadly sins are not in the bible.  

Now that I'm on my second cup of coffee, I stand corrected.  But the Bible does talk about gluttony and requirements for being a leader in the church.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, snarkish said:

I pretty much knew the moment Musa cooked him that lovely fish dinner (which I very much would have enjoyed) that this one was enabling himself. I hope she gets a Greencard at the very least out of him. And then runs. 

I would have enjoyed it too. She was trying for him! Ugh! 

I was surprised he could walk and maybe that is something that in his mind meant he wasn't so bad off? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, snarkish said:

I found myself wondering if, when you apply for a greencard through your spouse, do you have to stay married for any specific time frame after you get it..?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I found myself wondering if, when you apply for a greencard through your spouse, do you have to stay married for any specific time frame after you get it..?

I want to say 3 years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Freedom for Musa! Hope she gets it soon and finds her a much better guy.

She really is a very tolerant woman. I know she tried with the food, reading the materials... I wonder if, because they are quite religious, she ultimately defers to him and what he wants to do? 

• Love 4

Such a blah episode. But at least it was nice to see a spouse who was sensible and not actively enabling. Musa was delightful, and like someone suggested, I suspect she only enabled him in the sense that she felt she should not defy her husband because of their religious outlook. She seemed so nice and I hope she fares well.

• Love 9

My friend is studying to be a pastor and she had to study counseling, grief, marital.... When Dr. P asked him about that he kind of hemmed and hawed.  And while she is going part time, it will be years until she is totally done. I do question his "degree". Kind of like a lot of fundies who all of a sudden are preachers.

• Love 13

I was wondering about their housing and transportation. 

At first I thought this was an episode that might have been filmed some years ago because there was absolutely no visible reference to COVID. 

I know Texas has no mask mandates; however, I believe medical facilities in all states have some masking procedures in place, ESPECIALLY with all the co-morbidities this guy had! 

The only thing that contradicts my theory is that his session with Dr. Paradise seemed recent as this season all the therapy sessions are assigned to him, 

The apt seemed more "upscale" than seemed to be warranted under the circumstances of him having no way to make a living and his wife not being legally eligible to work (maybe she worked "on the side")

The vehicle seemed expensive and I didn't see any use of a computer (internet access) so I was thinking that maybe the show rented the apt for them and provided them with that vehicle?  

His general hygiene and clothing were not congruent with the level of comfort, function and amenities the show portrayed although his wife had a lovely appearance and wardrobe.

It struck me that when he was working out with his friend he referred to his sneakers and other items were "in storage."

As, IMO, it was clear from early in the episode that he wasn't going to make any progress in losing weight, these other features interested me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

My friend is studying to be a pastor and she had to study counseling, grief, marital.... When Dr. P asked him about that he kind of hemmed and hawed.  And while she is going part time, it will be years until she is totally done. I do question his "degree". Kind of like a lot of fundies who all of a sudden are preachers.

Ontreon calls himself a pastor so Musa will think that he has a job. He thinks that he will gain the admiration of others and get paid while not really doing any work. I wonder if he even put in the work to get an online diploma. 

It amazes me how people can gain 10 pounds a month, especially when they weigh over 600 pounds. I cannot even imagine how much food one with have to consume. It has to cost a fortune. 

I hope that Musa gets her greencard. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I know Texas has no mask mandates; however, I believe medical facilities in all states have some masking procedures in place, ESPECIALLY with all the co-morbidities this guy had! 

The timeline threw me off too. I live in Texas and all medical facilities here are still very strict about masks. So I thought Dr. Now’s  scenes must be pre-Covid. But then I spotted random masks in the audience at the church so that had to be filmed fairly recently. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Generally, the timelines are that you can apply for the Green Card that entitles you stay in the US indefinitely and have a job, receive public benefits, etc. - basically, everything except right to vote and hold certain government jobs) after 1 year of continuously living in the US after arriving on an immigration-path visa (purely work-related visas don't count).  How long it takes to receive a Green Card varies, don't know if affected by Covid, but used to be about a year.  Then once you have been in the US for 5 years if you are just an immigrant or 3 years if married to a US citizen, you are eligible to apply for citizenship.  Again, timeline from application to examination varies, as does examination to certificate - in states with few immigrants, faster, about a year, in states like New York or California can be several years.   I Not sure what happens if the US citizen spouse dies or if there is a divorce after someone receives their green card but before the citizenship which gives the same rights as a natural-born citizens except being elected President.   Since a widow/widower of a US citizen can apply for green card, they can probably stay and apply for citizenship if widowed too... though it may shift to the 5 year timeline from the expedited 3 year one.  And in case of divorce, internet suggests, it depends on whether the Green Card was conditional or normal one.  If normal, they continue on living, if conditional, they may get deported...   So there is light at the end of the tunnel for Musa.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Yeah....  I think he wanted the status but not the work that goes into it, just like with weight loss.  All in all unsympathetic.  And I sure hope he is never actually a pastor anywhere, I would feel terrible for his parishioners.  He would be worse than useless. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I have yet to figure out how he turned the steering wheel while driving.  It looked like it became embedded in his stomach whenever he got into the car.

He apparently doesn't know his Bible very well. Gluttony is one of the seven DEADLY sins - which may become his reality sooner rather than later.  Actually, I can't understand why a church would give him a ministerial license.  He was "living in sin" (gluttony).  And a Biblical requirement of elders (leaders) includes the need to be disciplined - not giving in to drunkenness or other unhealthy appetites.

I don't think he was, or ever will be affiliated with any church. 

Agreed. He appears to have "attended" some online for profit diploma mill. And even if he'd gone to an actual seminary or divinity school, it doesn't necessarily follow that he'd get a ministry in a real church. Maybe some storefront somewhere. My neck of the woods is positively studded with tiny storefront evangelical churches. As I said in the live chat, he wants to wear the collar and be seen as a person worthy of respect in his community. But, just like with the diet, he doesn't want to do the work. A minister in a church has to be a leader, a counselor, an administrator, a diplomat, and someone who can inspire. Ontreon? Not so much.  

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

It amazes me how people can gain 10 pounds a month, especially when they weigh over 600 pounds. I cannot even imagine how much food one with have to consume.

He would have to consume 35,000 calories above and beyond his usual intake to gain 10 pounds.

Ontreon said several times he was ready to do 'whatever it took' to lose weight but obviously he was all talk. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

He would have to consume 35,000 calories above and beyond his usual intake to gain 10 pounds.

Ontreon said several times he was ready to do 'whatever it took' to lose weight but obviously he was all talk. 

Just not follow a meal plan. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Or stop eating industrial size cinnamon rolls and large caramel frappes.

I honestly thought when he went in there, he was going to order an plain iced or hot coffee. Foolish me. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4
Just now, libgirl2 said:

I honestly thought when he went in there, he was going to order an plain iced or hot coffee. 

Aw LIBGIRL2…he needed the extra energy to write his epic sermon!!!

At the very least he could have hoisted himself up from the table and lumber over to the counter to get the damn cinnamon roll himself.

Dr. Now was way too patient with this guy.  And I’m not seeing why since the good Dr. called it from their first meeting.

Oh well.  On to the next “journey”.

11 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Aw LIBGIRL2…he needed the extra energy to write his epic sermon!!!

At the very least he could have hoisted himself up from the table and lumber over to the counter to get the damn cinnamon roll himself.

Dr. Now was way too patient with this guy.  And I’m not seeing why since the good Dr. called it from their first meeting.

Oh well.  On to the next “journey”.

There won't be a sermon...... but hey, that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been epic. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A minister in a church has to be a leader, a counselor, an administrator, a diplomat, and someone who can inspire. Ontreon? Not so much.  

Yep.  A church leader does so much... I know a lady who is a chaplain in a small rural town/county seat.  She is basically half the county services in one person (her husband, the sheriff, is the other half).  She goes out to every fire, every emergency, every major accident.  She goes to pray for people at the local hospital and help them out with social work, etc.   In bad weather, she will do house calls on elderly residents.  She is absolutely incredible.   Can Ontreon do any of that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Yep.  A church leader does so much... I know a lady who is a chaplain in a small rural town/county seat.  She is basically half the county services in one person (her husband, the sheriff, is the other half).  She goes out to every fire, every emergency, every major accident.  She goes to pray for people at the local hospital and help them out with social work, etc.   In bad weather, she will do house calls on elderly residents.  She is absolutely incredible.   Can Ontreon do any of that?

Do any of that?

Not sure Ontreon could even recite her tasks.  Well, maybe if he had a couple of cinnamon rolls.  And a latte.  Don’t forget the latte to wash it all down.

The chaplain is amazing in her duties.  What a source of comfort for the town.  She must really enjoy her job.  

7 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Do any of that?

Not sure Ontreon could even recite her tasks.  Well, maybe if he had a couple of cinnamon rolls.  And a latte.  Don’t forget the latte to wash it all down.

The chaplain is amazing in her duties.  What a source of comfort for the town.  She must really enjoy her job.  

I doubt he could. His weight is going to land him  immobile very soon. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Worse, it was a frappe. 

I know it wasn't a Starbucks, but it looked like the equivalent of a venti frappucino; looking at the nutrition info for the the standard recipes on their website, it's almost double the fat and calories of a venti latte - 470 calories and 17g fat vs 250 calories and 9g.

Edited by ams1001
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Worse, it was a frappe. 

I know it wasn't a Starbucks, but it looked like the equivalent of a venti frappucino; looking at the nutrition info for the the standard recipes on their website, it's almost double the fat and calories of a venti latte - 470 calories and 17g fat vs 250 calories and 9g.

I have never had one of those huge and heavy coffee drinks. The most I do is a non-fat latte and even that rarely. I like coffee black, hot or cold and with a bit of sweetner. I do indulge in flavored coffees. I had a co-worker who would have one every day that she came in and then wondered why she wasn't losing weight. 

• Love 2

Ontrean is one of the people who talks about big goals, like being a full-time minister, but he never will.    He did get ordained, but that doesn't mean any church will hire him.   He doesn't even have a job, so he certainly won't get hired for a church poistion, because he has no work ethic, or initiative.      Can you imagine someone who can't stand for more than five minutes doing a sermon, or service?   Or any other function of a minister?   

I think Dr. Now knew Ontreon would never be successful, but enjoyed the wife repeatedly throwing Ontreon under the bus.     I bet the camera crew sent Dr. Now the raw footage from the coffee shop the second they filmed it.   

Since the frappe, and giant cinnamon roll added up to over 1200 calories, who else thinks that it wasn't his only frappe, and cinnamon roll he consumed that day?    Or how many times he needed inspiration involving a lot of carbs, and empty calories, all washed down with a lot of sugar?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ontrean is one of the people who talks about big goals, like being a full-time minister, but he never will.    He did get ordained, but that doesn't mean any church will hire him.   He doesn't even have a job, so he certainly won't get hired for a church poistion, because he has no work ethic, or initiative.      Can you imagine someone who can't stand for more than five minutes doing a sermon, or service?   Or any other function of a minister?   

I think Dr. Now knew Ontreon would never be successful, but enjoyed the wife repeatedly throwing Ontreon under the bus.     I bet the camera crew sent Dr. Now the raw footage from the coffee shop the second they filmed it.    

I can't even imagine.. although this makes me kind of want to go back to church (not to see him).  I was just watching youtube and watched PERFET ILLUSION.. Lady Gaga.  I wish i still looked like that.  I used to.  (and also the song makes perfect sense to me; from my ex.. perfect illusion)

5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I remember when my father passed away, one of the chaplains from the hospice, came and sat with us, called the funeral home, got us some water and cookies and just made us feel better. He was with us for about 3+ hours. I can't imagine Ontrean having that stamina plus he wouldn't share the cookies. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have never had one of those huge and heavy coffee drinks. The most I do is a non-fat latte and even that rarely. I like coffee black, hot or cold and with a bit of sweetner. I do indulge in flavored coffees. I had a co-worker who would have one every day that she came in and then wondered why she wasn't losing weight. 

I don't drink coffee; my usual at Starbucks is hot chocolate (occasionally I add whipped cream with caramel sauce drizzled on top), sometimes tea with milk, or a black tea latte with vanilla (I like to save my freebies for those because they're more expensive), and once or twice a year in the summer I get a strawberry frappucino. I used to go most mornings on my way to work, but that location closed about a year before covid came along. There's another store I can do but it's a little out of the way so I went less often, maybe once or twice a week when I managed to leave early enough, then covid hit and I was home all the time and afraid to go anywhere for months...well, that's one way to break your Starbucks habit. Now I go once in a while, usually when I'm running errands, and I use mobile ordering so I can be in and out quickly, since even a few people waiting can make it feel too crowded.

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I remember when my father passed away, one of the chaplains from the hospice, came and sat with us, called the funeral home, got us some water and cookies and just made us feel better. He was with us for about 3+ hours. I can't imagine Ontrean having that stamina plus he wouldn't share the cookies. 

The previous pastor at my parents' church visited my aunt at home a few times when she was on home hospice, and my aunt wasn't even a member of that church. She also did her funeral. (The church they used to belong to closed several years ago.) I cannot picture someone of his size in their house.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I don't drink coffee; my usual at Starbucks is hot chocolate (occasionally I add whipped cream with caramel sauce drizzled on top), sometimes tea with milk, or a black tea latte with vanilla (I like to save my freebies for those because they're more expensive), and once or twice a year in the summer I get a strawberry frappucino. I used to go most mornings on my way to work, but that location closed about a year before covid came along. There's another store I can do but it's a little out of the way so I went less often, maybe once or twice a week when I managed to leave early enough, then covid hit and I was home all the time and afraid to go anywhere for months...well, that's one way to break your Starbucks habit. Now I go once in a while, usually when I'm running errands, and I use mobile ordering so I can be in and out quickly, since even a few people waiting can make it feel too crowded.

The previous pastor at my parents' church visited my aunt at home a few times when she was on home hospice, and my aunt wasn't even a member of that church. She also did her funeral. (The church they used to belong to closed several years ago.) I cannot picture someone of his size in their house.

I feel that instead of him comforting and helping you, it would be you helping him. 

• Love 5

I'm still laughing about him not knowing how he gained everything back, and more.    The cinnamon roll is just under 850 calories, and the caramel frappe he had is just under 500 calories.    I'm betting the camera crew was sick of him by that point in the filming, and I bet Dr. Now had that footage shown to him immediately.     

I loved Ontreon's wife, she was adorable, and didn't put up with any of his garbage.   When she told Dr. Now about his cheating, I loved it.    I'm hoping she keeps her job, and independence, and doesn't let him turn her into his full time caretaker.     With his many medical conditions, I'm guessing he's not going to be around too much longer.  Among the other diseases he has, he has chronic heart failure, and advanced diabetes.   Some of his doctors have told him that he won't make 40, and I think they're right.     I bet he's over 800 by now.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loved Ontreon's wife, she was adorable, and didn't put up with any of his garbage.   When she told Dr. Now about his cheating, I loved it. 

My favorite was her "I told you so" expression when Dr. Now was reading him the riot act.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm still laughing about him not knowing how he gained everything back, and more.    The cinnamon roll is just under 850 calories, and the caramel frappe he had is just under 500 calories.    I'm betting the camera crew was sick of him by that point in the filming, and I bet Dr. Now had that footage shown to him immediately.     

I loved Ontreon's wife, she was adorable, and didn't put up with any of his garbage.   When she told Dr. Now about his cheating, I loved it.    I'm hoping she keeps her job, and independence, and doesn't let him turn her into his full time caretaker.     With his many medical conditions, I'm guessing he's not going to be around too much longer.  Among the other diseases he has, he has chronic heart failure, and advanced diabetes.   Some of his doctors have told him that he won't make 40, and I think they're right.     I bet he's over 800 by now.     

Just went food shopping for my mom on Wednesday.. top of her list??? CINNAMON BUNS (they WERE on sale, thank God).  She is like 5'1" and weighs a whopping probably 100 lbs.  and she is 84, all her pins, but barely eats.  She says "that's what happens when you get old, you don't eat much".  When the hell is that gonna happen for me???  This guy was just a big mess.

21 hours ago, ams1001 said:

hint:  watch 90 Day Fiance.  That show has it all figured out. LOL

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Boston said:

Just went food shopping for my mom on Wednesday.. top of her list??? CINNAMON BUNS

I ate the rest of my cinnamon rolls yesterday. I'm going grocery shopping after work and I will refrain from buying more.

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I ate the rest of my cinnamon rolls yesterday. I'm going grocery shopping after work and I will refrain from buying more.

Make sure you get the ones pre-made.. all the preservatives and stuff.  I gain weight just looking at them.  HAVE FUN!

• Love 1