Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I'm watching "O.J. The Lost Confession", & Chris Darden is on & mentions Kanye wearing a "Free O.J." shirt. I found a picture

0311-kanye-west-free-oj-simpson-shirt-ba

What a kick in the face this must have been to Kris. Kim & Kanye were married about 2 years in 2016, he had to know how Kris felt about Nicole & O.J.

9 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm watching "O.J. The Lost Confession", & Chris Darden is on & mentions Kanye wearing a "Free O.J." shirt. I found a picture

0311-kanye-west-free-oj-simpson-shirt-ba

What a kick in the face this must have been to Kris. Kim & Kanye were married about 2 years in 2016, he had to know how Kris felt about Nicole & O.J.

You think Kris cares about that? She’s not gonna ruffle his feathers and possibly piss Kim off. He might have worn it to spite her for the whole Adidas/Puma/Kylie scenario. When they talked about his reaction to it in Cuba and when Kim went to discuss it with Kris, it clearly had been a BIG deal to him despite the attempt to downplay it. If he was in a downward spiral at that time, he could (and did) perceive it as a disloyal action on her part. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

I remember when Kanye was seen with that shirt and I was kind of stunned. I had wondered how Kris would have felt but then I remembered that she is so far up Kanye's ass that she probably didn't care that much. FWIW when OJ was given parole a few months ago it was either People or TMZ that said Kris was pretty upset.

58 minutes ago, nexxie said:

More seriously, that interview OJ just did!!

Right?? Hell Robert Kardashian went on record saying he believed he was guilty. After he defended him of course. Such a class act! It says so much about how he valued Nicole's memory (and about the kind of person he was).

• Love 6

Kim posted earlier this adorable picture on her Insta-story from their day at the zoo. Kanye looks good and Saint is getting so big. She better not ever fool with those kids natural hair..his and North's curls are gorgeous.

• Love 9

Kanye is writing a book on philosophy, & this is what he said about it:

I'm writing a philosophy book right now called Break the Simulation. And I've got this philosophy — or let's say it's just a concept because sometimes philosophy sounds too heavy-handed. I've got a concept about photographs, and I'm on the fence about photographs — about human beings being obsessed with photographs — because it takes you out of the now and transports you into the past or transports you into the future.

What do you think Kim thinks about this "concept"? Or for that matter, any of the Kar/Jens? They live & die on photos, & now it sounds like Kanye does not approve.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kanye is writing a book on philosophy, & this is what he said about it:

What do you think Kim thinks about this "concept"? Or for that matter, any of the Kar/Jens? They live & die on photos, & now it sounds like Kanye does not approve.

This and his re emergence on social media, posting some weird shit, probably have her wondering if he’s stopped taking his meds. 

• Love 1

LOOLLLLLL Kanye thinks he invented Postmodern Critical Theory OMFGGGG I love Kanye. He keeps us on our toes up here in the ivory tower with all these fresh new concepts like “fucking photography, how does it work?!” Just like a plagiarizing student — he even changed “simulacra” to “simulation” and it never occurred to him that anyone might notice. Wasn’t his mother an English professor? He must have preternaturally absorbed Walter Benjamin and Jean Baudrillard’s works as a child and now he thinks he came up with it. 

College dropout, indeed. 

• Love 10

He claims he is writing the book in real time because "no publisher is going to tell me what to put in a book or how many pages to write."    Because apparently, writing a book is just doing a first draft, then handing it over to a publisher to mess up with things like editing and marketing.   

This is going to have the same reaction as his "clothing" line and he will blame the same thing -- racism.   Not that he won't take the time to learn how to do it.   Nope, he just does things and expects them to be GENIUS.   When everyone doesn't think so, the fault is everyone else's not his.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

He claims he is writing the book in real time because "no publisher is going to tell me what to put in a book or how many pages to write."    Because apparently, writing a book is just doing a first draft, then handing it over to a publisher to mess up with things like editing and marketing.   

This is going to have the same reaction as his "clothing" line and he will blame the same thing -- racism.   Not that he won't take the time to learn how to do it.   Nope, he just does things and expects them to be GENIUS.   When everyone doesn't think so, the fault is everyone else's not his.

He’ll be off to the funny farm soon enough and Kim will find a way to extricate herself from the marriage without looking like she dumped him.

did he even mention Khloe and the baby, a word of congrats?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

No one in the family except Kris posted a formal congrats to Khloe on social media so I'm not going to fault Kanye for that. I really doubt he didn't congratulate her. Social media could be misleading. Just like people thought Kim was without him on that trip with Kourtney last week because he wasnt in pics with them when he in fact was there. I suspect anyway the only reason he got back on twitter was to promote his new music (he announced release dates today).

• Love 1

Kris has got a real death grip on his arm, she looks like she's talking without moving her mouth "just stay still & smile so they can get the picture".

• Love 2

He seemed to be all smiles in all the video floating around but of course Kanye being Kanye apparently turned Kourtneys party into an album listening party lol Never change Kanye. And I think he was this close to finding a kitchen sink close by and banging Kim (oh look she can smile and laugh after all through all the fillers!)

13 hours ago, GaT said:

Kris has got a real death grip on his arm, she looks like she's talking without moving her mouth "just stay still & smile so they can get the picture".

That picture is like a still from Get Out! where the rich, older white lady was dragging around her young, black boyfriend by the arm. Kanye, blink twice if you need us to save you!

It's nice to see him smiling, but he looks exhausted. He's aging in dog years since hooking up with this klan.

As far as the video, he looks completely out of it. Either he had a few too many drinks or he's heavily medicated.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That picture is like a still from Get Out! where the rich, older white lady was dragging around her young, black boyfriend by the arm. Kanye, blink twice if you need us to save you!

It's nice to see him smiling, but he looks exhausted. He's aging in dog years since hooking up with this klan.

As far as the video, he looks completely out of it. Either he had a few too many drinks or he's heavily medicated.

Probably a combo of meds and booze. 

In that video with Kim he reminds me of those patients in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, shuffling around barely aware of his surroundings. And his hair looks ridiculous.

She wants us to think he’s hot for her but those psych meds do a number on the sex drive. 

• Love 4
On 4/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

LOOLLLLLL Kanye thinks he invented Postmodern Critical Theory OMFGGGG I love Kanye. He keeps us on our toes up here in the ivory tower with all these fresh new concepts like “fucking photography, how does it work?!” Just like a plagiarizing student — he even changed “simulacra” to “simulation” and it never occurred to him that anyone might notice. Wasn’t his mother an English professor? He must have preternaturally absorbed Walter Benjamin and Jean Baudrillard’s works as a child and now he thinks he came up with it. 

College dropout, indeed. 

I love this post so much! Are people around him really so dim and uneducated that they don't see all this?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I love this post so much! Are people around him really so dim and uneducated that they don't see all this?

We are talking Kardashian here.. and the type of folks who associate with them. Not exactly a brain trust. Most in show business aren’t all that smart. And I don’t think Kanye is either. Without his meds he’s a loose cannon shooting his mouth off and carrying on about theories and ideas that others have expressed and he’s taken as his and on them he loses the energy and mania that made him even remotely interesting and controversial. 

In that video Kim posted, he barely seemed to comprehend what she was saying... it was all her trying to make it seem like he was hot for her. Her hair covered most of his face and I didn’t see much “ making out” as the tabs would like us to imagine. 

ETA 

Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s kind of tasteless to film yourself and your husband  “ making out” and posting it on social media knowing it’s going to be all over the gossip sites, when your sister who has just had a baby and discovered her BF is a cheater. I thought it had a bit of rubbing her nose in it. I don’t think I would have done it. It wasn’t like it was a party celebrating Kim and Kanye, it was a birthday party for Kourt.

Tacky. IMO

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Out of that whole bunch, Kourtney has a BA in Theater and Spanish and Rob Jr. has a Bachelor's in something (Business?). Kendall and Kylie barely have "high school" educations, and Kim is exceptionally dull and incurious. So YES, they are that ignorant! They probably A: don't really understand what he's talking about and B: think it's brilliant.

[DISCLAIMER: I don't have anything against people who don't go to college and I don't assume they are all dumb. This is specifically in reference to the Kardashians and their krew!]

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GaT said:

Could that video be any more "LOOK AT US!!!!"?

Omg, she’s quite the attention-whore, isn’t she?

Kanye is either drunk, drugged, just woke up from a deep sleep or a combo of the three.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

We are talking Kardashian here.. and the type of folks who associate with them. Not exactly a brain trust. Most in show business aren’t all that smart. And I don’t think Kanye is either. Without his meds he’s a loose cannon shooting his mouth off and carrying on about theories and ideas that others have expressed and he’s taken as his and on them he loses the energy and mania that made him even remotely interesting and controversial. 

In that video Kim posted, he barely seemed to comprehend what she was saying... it was all her trying to make it seem like he was hot for her. Her hair covered most of his face and I didn’t see much “ making out” as the tabs would like us to imagine. 

ETA 

Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s kind of tasteless to film yourself and your husband  “ making out” and posting it on social media knowing it’s going to be all over the gossip sites, when your sister who has just had a baby and discovered her BF is a cheater. I thought it had a bit of rubbing her nose in it. I don’t think I would have done it. It wasn’t like it was a party celebrating Kim and Kanye, it was a birthday party for Kourt.

Tacky. IMO

Also completely selfish and cruel to do that to someone who apparently now has issues with being photographed and sharing those pics with millions of strangers.

22 hours ago, howmanywords said:

He seemed to be all smiles in all the video floating around but of course Kanye being Kanye apparently turned Kourtneys party into an album listening party lol Never change Kanye. And I think he was this close to finding a kitchen sink close by and banging Kim (oh look she can smile and laugh after all through all the fillers!)

Is it just me or does Kanye look so out of it (under the influence) in this video with Kim???? I dont like the guy but its sad to see him in this state. 

• Love 4
On 4/20/2018 at 12:43 AM, howmanywords said:

Kanye really needs to smile more often..from Kourtneys birthday party tonight

IMG_20180420_003953.jpg

He looks so good when he’s not scowling.

I can’t help but like Kanye. I even get him when he’s being nutty.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:27 AM, RoxieBear73 said:

Is it just me or does Kanye look so out of it (under the influence) in this video with Kim???? I dont like the guy but its sad to see him in this state. 

He does - and Kim is very much under the influence of narcissism, as usual. Creepy.

• Love 3

Kanye’s tweeting a lot, including pics of their very cold, empty looking home - Kim has tweeted that they had a deal about showing their home (just kidding, of course). Kanye’s on a roll...

• Love 2

I just looked at the pictures and all I have to say is wow, what a miserable lifeless home. I know some people favor the minimalist look, but that place is an empty beige cube. No color, no art on the walls, no kids toys strewn about. Are we sure human beings actually live there? 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just looked at the pictures and all I have to say is wow, what a miserable lifeless home. I know some people favor the minimalist look, but that place is an empty beige cube. No color, no art on the walls, no kids toys strewn about. Are we sure human beings actually live there? 

Kim has filmed there several times, so she has no right to criticize. Maybe now that Kanye is possibly off his meds and not in a bit of a fog, Kim can’t keep him in the dark about her activities.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

This is how he decorated before he hooked up with Kim

• Love 1

I just looked at his twitter feed.  He's definitely on a roll.  

KW.png

Also tweeting that when he becomes President, he will need to change the name of Air Force 1 to Yeezy 1.  Something like that.

I don't like Kanye, I never have, but I think the guy is probably close to having another breakdown.  I hope someone gets him the help he needs.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9

Kim is now on a twitter rant defending Kanye and lashing out at the media for making this about his mental health. She said this is exactly who he is and that he's just very vocal and expressing himself, that hes a free thinker and that this why  she loves and respects him. On one hand i applaud her for sticking by her husband, but um well alrighty then. Maybe she could at least try and get him off twitter? That may be the best form of damage control.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Maybe she could at least try and get him off twitter? That may be the best form of damage control.

Please, when she can't stay off social media herself?   the problem isn't that he is on twitter for her.   The problem is that everyone isn't in love with what he does.

Quite frankly, those tweets of her sound desperate "I love him and respect him so much"  please don't divorce me Kanye.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Quite frankly, those tweets of her sound desperate "I love him and respect him so much"  please don't divorce me Kanye

There does seem to be some circling of the wagons going on.  People magazine reported that Kanye and Kris had a big blow up.  Kris took to Twitter to deny it.  Does she usually do that when incorrect articles appear?   

• Love 2

Yeah its bizarre. She's also debunking a couple of other People articles and correcting them about the cost of Kim and Kanye's home. So whos telling these things to People?

In between all his twitter rants he posted this adorable picture (I'm shocked that dog is still with them)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Yeah its bizarre. She's also debunking a couple of other People articles and correcting them about the cost of Kim and Kanye's home. So whos telling these things to People?

In between all his twitter rants he posted this adorable picture (I'm shocked that dog is still with them)

It’s nice to see Kanye dressing his kid in Goodwill clothing and shoes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

In the meantime, Kim takes a break from posting naked pictures of herself to do some damage control. 

KK.jpg

Oh I’m sure she was multitasking. 

Honestly she looks foolish for even responding. Especially foolish when he’s taken away again. 

• Love 3

I get what Kim is trying to say and I actually don't disagree with her, but it's pretty obvious what's going on with Kanye is far more serious than him exercising his right to speak on politics. If you were to Google "manic episode", everything Kanye is exhibiting right now is a textbook case. I just hope Kim isn't in denial and he's getting the help he needs. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I get what Kim is trying to say and I actually don't disagree with her, but it's pretty obvious what's going on with Kanye is far more serious than him exercising his right to speak on politics. If you were to Google "manic episode", everything Kanye is exhibiting right now is a textbook case. I just hope Kim isn't in denial and he's getting the help he needs. 

I won’t diagnose him until he starts, using, more, commas,

where the hell is Kris? Why isn’t she controlling this?  

• Love 2