Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E26: Live Finale (2)

• Start Topic

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t understand why Blake Shelton is considered a good singer, but, I’m going to predict Wendy is the winner.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 2

I'm so glad Girl Named Tom won!! They're so good, I'd love if they managed to actually go on to do something post-show in country. It is easier to break artists from these shows in country than other genres, and they're as good as Lady Antebellum to me. Hailey was the one I was most rooting for, but they were my second choice. It's weird they didn't sing after they won, I thought the winner always gave the last performance?

I liked Kelly and Hailey's duet, and Kelly's duet with Girl Named Tom. Wendy was fine on "Just a Fool," but her vocals just didn't match Christina's on that one.

• Love 1

This Ariana song is awful. I can’t even understand the words, it’s just high-pitched noises. 

3 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

This show is 9 hours long, just saying. 

And 98% is stupid, time-wasting filler. Though I DID chuckle a few times at Blakes cologne ad!

Edited by Frisky Wig
  • Love 5

Guess they’ll have to change the name of the show to The Voices. 😉 I wasn’t surprised GNT won after the mention of so many of their songs charting on iTunes. They definitely are more marketable but I still don’t think the two guys have that great of voices.

• Love 4

What I always appreciated about Wendy is that she actually sang, as opposed to screaming at me like so many of the big voiced belters do.  She has mastered the art of changing vocals and volume to make her musical moments without ramping up to level 20 within 10 seconds of a song starting.  I really enjoyed her, Paris and Hailey this season.  GNT isn't bad, they just aren't for me.

• Love 8

I'm thrilled Girl Named Tom won. I had a soft spot for them already as their hometown was not all that far from my equally small hometown. I love the blend of their voices and making songs that have been around for years sound new and fresh. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, alalaxmom said:

What I always appreciated about Wendy is that she actually sang, as opposed to screaming at me like so many of the big voiced belters do.  She has mastered the art of changing vocals and volume to make her musical moments without ramping up to level 20 within 10 seconds of a song starting

I agree 100% with this. I don’t usually go for the big-voiced belters but Wendy has been my favorite throughout the season. Sure, she can belt, but she’s so much more. She has a beautiful tone with plenty of nuance. Her “Jolene”  was my favorite performance of the season. Also, I loved the way she handled herself after falling off that stage. I love her personality as well as her voice. If not for GNT, who had the advantage of being able to do harmonies, she would have won. 

I knew Girl Named Tom would win after Carson announced the iTunes downloads. They are very good and have a chance at commercial success, especially in the country genre. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, alalaxmom said:

What I always appreciated about Wendy is that she actually sang, as opposed to screaming at me like so many of the big voiced belters do.  She has mastered the art of changing vocals and volume to make her musical moments without ramping up to level 20 within 10 seconds of a song starting. 

I agree 100%. I don't like big belters because they sound like they are screaming but she didn't. I knew it was going to be between Wendy and GNT but I really enjoyed listening to Paris, I loved his tone and song choices. I would pay to listen to him sing those classics, he took me back in time.

I had a few giggles at the bits the coaches did especially Blake's cologne ;-)

I couldn't understand a word Ariana sang. Is she going to be returning next season because I didn't watch the whole season because of her?

I noticed this season the top 5 didn't make their own song didn't they used to do that?

My ears must be different than a lot of people on this forum. I don't care for Girl Named Tom.  A couple of their songs were decent but I think they did a Fleetwood Mac song this week and I didn't care for it at all.   Their sound just doesn't "do it" for my ears even though they are skilled at what they do. I also don't care for duos and trios competing against solo singers. It just seems weird to me.  I wanted Jershika for the win. I hope John opens up some doors for her. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

My ears must be different than a lot of people on this forum. I don't care for Girl Named Tom.  A couple of their songs were decent but I think they did a Fleetwood Mac song this week and I didn't care for it at all.   Their sound just doesn't "do it" for my ears even though they are skilled at what they do. I also don't care for duos and trios competing against solo singers. 

I don't like them either. I think the Tom girl has a very pleasant voice. But her brothers are nothing without her. So why not just let the Tom girl go into the competition solo. She could've won without them. I'm not liking the "group" voices being thrown in with the solo artists either.

This show just plain sucks anymore. Too many commercials, too many background stories regurgitated each episode. Too much stupid banter among the judges. Too much time spent on why the artist should choose a specific judge. More commercials. I counted 10 -12 each commercial break. I've gotten very skilled with the FF when I watch this show.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, A coin in the hand said:

I loved Jershika, too. But I knew she wouldn't win, so was happy a Girl Named Tom won instead. Wichita Lineman has always been a melancholic song that has been haunting for me and they did not mangle it, actually they really nailed it, IMO. And I am not a country lover.

I don't even listen to country music except if it's on this show.  Wichita Lineman is what made me love GNT.  I was rooting for them since then. 

Finally watched the results show (haven't watched Monday's yet).  I liked Keke and Torrie singing their Sing 2 song but I wish the top 13 had their own song like in Season 19.  It was nice to see them but they were just used for background singers and no one stood out since they didn't have their mini solos within the song.

I like the coach duets but I miss having special guests singing duets with the finalists.

At the beginning of Ed Sheeran's song, it looked like he was singing but I couldn't hear him.  I just heard his instruments.  I think he started over though.  He just handled it well and didn't stop before starting over. 

Carrie Underwoman.  LOL!!

What a disappointment this season has been. 

There has been so many terrible performances. 

I have to admit that Ariana's audition for Blake's (horrible) song was hilarious.

Paris was my favorite but even his performance annoyed me. 

I read that the executives have final say regardless of votes. So it's pointless to vote. The winners are determined by how many downloads they get.

So disappointed.

• Love 1

I’m good with GNT winning. I enjoyed all their performances except for the Coldplay song, but Kelly picked that so I’ll blame her. The girl in GNT really is superstar material in my opinion. The cliche “voice of an angel” came to my mind several times throughout their performances. There are certain tones and notes she hits that are just truly lovely. I really liked Jershika too and I’m not sure why voters just didn’t seem to connect with her as much. 

• Love 2

This year I did not have a strong favorite, but my least favorite was GNT so darn on that. They were my 5th place contestant if I was ranking them (I'm just not sure of my 1-4). I found them dull. I realize I'm in the minority on that.

I really enjoyed Ed Sheeran's performace.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Malsatego said:

I read that the executives have final say regardless of votes. So it's pointless to vote.

I was wondering about that. I was thinking the producers wouldn't let Blake win 2 seasons in a row.

Here's what I'm thinking, if the coaches think the singers are as great as they say they are then the coaches should use their connections and hook them up with a producer or get them a record deal. But they don't it's just a game to them all they care about is being the coach that won.

• Love 1