Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E26: Life After Lockup: Prison Promises

• Start Topic

On the season finale, some couples are committing and some are bailing. Plus, one wedding goes horribly wrong!

Are they telling me the great wedding of Tia and Nicolle is not the start of a love story for the ages?  But Nicolle is so committed!  She is such a deeply loving person.  Well, maybe not.  Maybe she is as shallow as puddle.  Will she be overcome with lust when she sees Daonte's velvet tux and run off with him?  Will Tia drown her sorrows and damaged liver in alcohol? 

Who commits? Who bails?  Is Puppy still on the run? Is Kristianna trapped in hell, er, Dubuque? And what of Ray and Britney? 

Original air date 2021.12.17

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/12/2021 at 12:05 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

And what of Ray and Britney?

LOL, you know, sometimes I confess to a grudging admiration for Matt Sharp. I mean, it was clever of him to get his interns and PA's to twist the knife in Brittany by pretending to be a couple getting engaged surrounded by all their friends, right in front of her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I still don't like John, but just saying no to Lacey was impressive.

For about 5 minutes, until the black screen told us they're back dating.

I really hope everybody EXCEPT Shawn/Sara (I just can't) and Brit/Marce/Mandy(nope) returns. I'm even OK with Native John and Stan the Man minus their ladies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

scene of the century: beyonce shrek britney receiving a promise ring 😆😆😆 she’s literally the female version of daonte - delusional, stage eighteen clinger, with an inflated ego the size of a macy’s thanksgiving parade float. she rescued ray from prison and now thinks he owes her anything her heart desires. though he be a convicted felon with a restitution bill higher than a mortgage, ray has shown that he is capable of mature, responsible, rational decision making. good for him for not letting britney pressure/brainwash him into a lifelong commitment. i squealed with glee when the end credits informed me that they are still not engaged. britney is likely mortified as fuck today after watching herself on tv last night, and i couldn’t be more pleased at the visual. she is just loathesome, and she looked repulsive in her tacky birthday swimsuit 😁

i hope kristianna is okay?! it’s never a good sign when a longtime addict goes missing. does anyone else think that john’s claim of “i only flirted with terra” (side note: gross) is complete bullshit? perhaps kristi went to visit terra, learned the truth, and decided to cut ties with john? 

most perfect timing of this episode:

nicollllle “tia has grown and matured so much since we were in prison!”

tia “I’LL STEAL YOUR BITCH, BITCH! drunkedly lunges at daonte

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Poor John has been vagmatized. 

I said this in the live chat - they've known each other their whole lives. Lacey's friend said they all went to high school together. I get it. Lacey is horrible (she's a total Karen - calls the police when she doesn't get her way and then when called on it, turns on the tears all "I didn't know what I was doing!"), but it's hard to let go of that much history. 

40 minutes ago, Nuccganggang said:

i hope kristianna is okay?! it’s never a good sign when a longtime addict goes missing.

When John said Kristianna had been gone and incommunicado for two weeks I was like "Oh, shit."

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Brit/Marce/Mandy(nope)

I get that the show is their job, but zzzzz. I get up and do stuff around the house when they're on. I have long since stopped caring, particularly since their segments are so clearly "let's invent drama so the show keeps us on."

I never want to see Shawn again. I cannot STAND people who don't treat their kids well, and Shawn is ... that.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I really hope everybody EXCEPT Shawn/Sara (I just can't) and Brit/Marce/Mandy(nope) returns. I'm even OK with Native John and Stan the Man minus their ladies. 

I'm ok with not ever seeing any of them again.  Stan in particular, I get a "why are you still on this show?!" reaction whenever they show someone has split.  At least Lacey had a love triangle from the beginning.   Daonte trying a new prison girlfriend reminded me of the final episode of The Wire.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I never want to see Shawn again. I cannot STAND people who don't treat their kids well, and Shawn is ... that.

My ONLY HOPE is that Shawn is under a court order to pay GOOD child support ... and that the mother of his children is smart enough to sic IRS (and any other guvmint authorities) on him to be sure their kids get some $$$. She should also go to court every time she can learn that he gets a wage increase.  Snotty little Sara doesn't know even 10% of their story.  How DARE she even MENTION money and Shawn's "family"?  WTF does Sara even know about raising/supporting a child, then a baby, running a household...anything...that SHE's giving orders to Shawn about his money and responsibilities?  I was so lucky.  When my ex dumped us for his secretary; SHE saw that he treated his children well because she had also been dumped financially by her father.   

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 7

I'd keep up with four of these couples*/thruples*...but not at the COST of meeting any new ones!

*Tia, Nicolle, Daonte ... Ray and Britney ... Hair-Dye Stan, his Adam's apple, and his cat ...  Shawn and Sara (only for both to crash and burn)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I honestly loved Sara's sudden turn from girlfriend to official pregnant fiancee taking charge and reading Shawn the riot act about how he needs to treat the mother of his six kids and not let her have boundaries about who her kids meet and where. Shawn was lounging on the bed looking worried about how he missed this side of Sara and wondering what he has gotten himself into. He now has two baby mommas to yell at him and try to control him when he fails to live up to their standards.  I was laughing at the whole scene.

Daonte shouldn't have been there but he's not the one who ruined the wedding, it was Tia complete freak out and actual physical attack on the guy. She was out of her mind. For a woman who is supposedly in risk of death from debilitation disease she is pretty actively physically confrontational. She was fighting and screaming and just showing her true trashy self in all its glory.  I enjoyed watching Nicolle so upset. The way she played Daonte all along for nothing but money she deserves it.

Ugh, Stan.

Lacey is the worst. The way she was pawing all over John, trying to almost literally get her claws into him was awful to watch. That the fool dumped his girlfriend to take up with that succubus again was very disheartening. 

I love Amber. She is such a good friend and has a good head on her shoulders. Mostly. I have always thought that Puppy looks like a middle aged barfly most of the time but in jail she had no makeup on and looked younger and fresher for it. Don't feel sorry for her. She makes terrible decisions all the time and jail is what you get for it. I don't believe she has learned anything from it.

I feel for John. It is quite possible that Kristianna talked to Terra and found out about the wedding business and I don't put it past Terra to lie about how much John and Terra actually did to spite John and get her sister away from him. I was hopeful for Kristianna but she was hanging on a thread with her sobriety and I thought it was just a matter of time before she fell again.

• Love 5

Shawn did a interview on YouTube with according to Amber I think is her name. But I didn’t watch it. I don’t think I spelled it right. It’s long. Lacey is the girl we all want to be. Two men in love with her and chasing her. But I feel sorry for John’s girlfriend. I used be a John actually lol. I had a guy treat me just like Lacey treats John lol. I was too weak to tell him no painful 6 years lol. Puppy jail sucks girl come on lol glad you got out but I’m like her I love my eye make up lol. Amber I’m with you freedom is a blessing omg. 

Kristianna seemed to have fallen out of love with John imo. In their TH he seemed down and she seemed annoyed. He’s kind of eccentric and I can see why she doesn’t get it lol. But they get each other. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

WTF does Sara even know about raising/supporting a child, then a baby, running a household...anything...that SHE's giving orders to Shawn about his money and responsibilities? 

Nothing, given that her mother raised her daughter from infancy when Sarah got locked up, and I doubt Sarah is supporting them now. She has no leg to stand on.

19 minutes ago, JustbeingReal said:

Lacey is the girl we all want to be.

There is absolutely nothing in Lacey’s life that I’d want in mine.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Daonte shouldn't have been there but he's not the one who ruined the wedding, it was Tia complete freak out and actual physical attack on the guy.

Well...she was drinking before the wedding.

She was out of her mind.

...and drunk.

For a woman who is supposedly in risk of death from debilitation disease she is pretty actively physically confrontational.

Drunk!

She was fighting and screaming and just showing her true trashy self in all its glory.

'nuf said.  (Just having fun with responses)

• LOL 8

One of my many "why I love the LAL editors" moments happened in this episode.  TH with Nicolle, "Tia is so much calmer now that she's out of prison.  She used to have a hair-trigger temper" (paraphrased).  Cut to Tia lunging at Daonte like a rabid wolverine.  Yep, she's much calmer.  Such a calming influence on everyone around her.  And of course she is making all the best life decisions - glug, glug, glug.

I do give Daonte credit for not hitting her.  He showed good physical restraint.  For once he listened to his mother.  As he told us, his mother raised him to never hit women. 

I really hope this is the end of Lacey on our TVs.  She is somehow both repulsive and boring.    

• Love 14

Tia and Nicolle's wedding had to have been the saddest trashy wedding I've ever seen.  So they had three guests, not counting Deonte hiding behind the tree and the camera crew:  Nicolle's mom, mom's girlfriend and Nicolle's stepdad.  Why did they put out many (MANY) more chairs than needed?  Did some folks who were expected not show?  Did they get a deal on chairs?  Were they for the other Virginia drivers of that road who drive their cars into the ditch a la Deonte and would need a place to rest?  

Nothing says klassy like dressing for your wedding in a park bathroom (complete with makeup table!) and then your new spouse having a throwdown with your former sugar daddy while you throw your bouquet on the ground and stomp off to climb into your mother's waiting vehicle to be whisked away.  Yep, we can see that marriage is going to be an absolute DREAM for you, Nicolle.

And of course Nicolle is back to calling Deonte and the damn fool is taking her calls.  I don't get what kind of hold Nicolle has over Deonte (or Tia, for that matter.)  She is exactly what would roll out of the Mattel factory if they ever came up with a white trash former inmate Barbie.  

I'm sad for John that Kristianna hasn't returned home but is apparently still in (said in a low whisper) Dubuque.  I knew nothing about Dubuque before this show but if I am ever traveling through Iowa, I will make sure to avoid it like the plague since it is apparently the Ninth Circle of Hell.

Also the Ninth Circle of Hell is Stan's toupee and whatever he's got going on with Grandma Tina.  Tina, please get yourself a good haircut and color and run from Stan like Nicolle was running from Deonte on her klassy wedding day.  I don't know you but I'm sure you deserve better.  Your grandkids certainly do.  

So Lisa has found God.  I'm only amazed it didn't happen while she was incarcerated.  I have never before seen a baptism in a horse trough so there's something to scratch off the bucket list.  Who's she sponging off now?  

Team Samuel.  He's the smartest person on this fuckery of a show.  And I LOVE the producers putting captioning in for Samuel that said HELP ME.  No lie.

So Brittany and Marcellino are now doing threesomes with Amanda.  That's their storyline?  Who cares?  The acting was particularly bad from all three of them.  

I wonder how many small children Lacey scared while waiting around at Virginia Beach for Chon?  I am so disappointed that Chon went back to that overBotoxed and overbleached sea beast.  Dude, have some pride.  Has anyone started a pool on when he'll be back behind bars?  Because you know it's going to happen if he's back with Lacey.  I did have to laugh over Lacey saying that she was going to focus on her kids, after Chon left her at the boardwalk, then proceeded to go home to her empty house, sans kids, because they are with her dad.  When has she EVER taken care of her kids?  And just curious but other than the baby, who is (allegedly) Shane's, do the three older kids have the same father?  Do they all have different fathers?  And where are the fathers?  I have to think prison but I don't know the story. 

So Puppy was out of the pokey in a week?  All that fuss and drama for a week, which is probably nothing to her or Amber. And Eric went ahead and took off to Vegas after Puppy got thrown in the slammer?  What a prince.  

Every time I think I may like Amber, I remember how awful she was to Vince and then I start to dislike her again. 

So Ray groveled to Brittany and then she accepted the ring, but not as a promise ring, and he's going to buy her a better ring when they get engaged?  Okay.  I will grudgingly admit that I like Ray.  He seems to be working very hard to walk the straight and narrow and I'll give him props for that.  Brittany should slow her ride and be grateful for what he is.

I mean, he could have six kids like Shawn, with a SEVENTH on the way.  God, Sara is stupid.  "We were using condoms and then . . . we just stopped."  Well, gee, how do you suppose a baby is made?  Honestly, she was packing her shit like a day after moving in with him, she knows her mother DETESTS him, she hasn't met his own Brady Bunch, she has barely been out of prison very long (I mean, long enough to get spray tanned and get her hair done but not long enough to work or anything).  So yeah, get pregnant, genius.  

I have to say, I do look forward to Kelly ripping into Shawn over not only yet another engagement but bringing yet another child into the world.  It should be good. 

Sara needs to take about a dozen seats over her newly found spine.  I guess since she's got a ring on her finger and a baby on board she thinks now she has the right to get involved in issues with his baby mama and kids.  Girl, you aren't working, you aren't contributing any money to the household so I really think you need to zip it about Shawn giving money to Kelly and their kids.  And you also need to stay quiet about issues that you've been involved in for 15 minutes and think you know.  Please watch last season with Shawn and then kick yourself in the ass.   In the Shawn-Kelly fiasco, the only acting parent we've seen is Kelly.  And since Sara got locked up when her daughter was six months old and her mother has been caring for her ever since, she really needs to take a moratorium on this one.  

What ever happened to Angela and Tony version 2?  You know, that amazing couple where the guy fought her best guy friend and was ordering a bunch of shit on Amazon that was sitting on the porch of their double wide. Was that this season?  I'm confused.  

I'd like to think that I will give up this trashfest but let's be honest.  I'll be watching the new installment next month.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Tia and Nicolle's wedding had to have been the saddest trashy wedding I've ever seen.  So they had three guests, not counting Deonte hiding behind the tree and the camera crew:  Nicolle's mom, mom's girlfriend and Nicolle's stepdad.  Why did they put out many (MANY) more chairs than needed?  Did some folks who were expected not show?  Did they get a deal on chairs?  Were they for the other Virginia drivers of that road who drive their cars into the ditch a la Deonte and would need a place to rest?  

Nothing says klassy like dressing for your wedding in a park bathroom (complete with makeup table!) and then your new spouse having a throwdown with your former sugar daddy while you throw your bouquet on the ground and stomp off to climb into your mother's waiting vehicle to be whisked away.  Yep, we can see that marriage is going to be an absolute DREAM for you, Nicolle.

And of course Nicolle is back to calling Deonte and the damn fool is taking her calls.  I don't get what kind of hold Nicolle has over Deonte (or Tia, for that matter.)  She is exactly what would roll out of the Mattel factory if they ever came up with a white trash former inmate Barbie.  

I'm sad for John that Kristianna hasn't returned home but is apparently still in (said in a low whisper) Dubuque.  I knew nothing about Dubuque before this show but if I am ever traveling through Iowa, I will make sure to avoid it like the plague since it is apparently the Ninth Circle of Hell.

Also the Ninth Circle of Hell is Stan's toupee and whatever he's got going on with Grandma Tina.  Tina, please get yourself a good haircut and color and run from Stan like Nicolle was running from Deonte on her klassy wedding day.  I don't know you but I'm sure you deserve better.  Your grandkids certainly do.  

So Lisa has found God.  I'm only amazed it didn't happen while she was incarcerated.  I have never before seen a baptism in a horse trough so there's something to scratch off the bucket list.  Who's she sponging off now?  

Team Samuel.  He's the smartest person on this fuckery of a show.  And I LOVE the producers putting captioning in for Samuel that said HELP ME.  No lie.

So Brittany and Marcellino are now doing threesomes with Amanda.  That's their storyline?  Who cares?  The acting was particularly bad from all three of them.  

I wonder how many small children Lacey scared while waiting around at Virginia Beach for Chon?  I am so disappointed that Chon went back to that overBotoxed and overbleached sea beast.  Dude, have some pride.  Has anyone started a pool on when he'll be back behind bars?  Because you know it's going to happen if he's back with Lacey.  I did have to laugh over Lacey saying that she was going to focus on her kids, after Chon left her at the boardwalk, then proceeded to go home to her empty house, sans kids, because they are with her dad.  When has she EVER taken care of her kids?  And just curious but other than the baby, who is (allegedly) Shane's, do the three older kids have the same father?  Do they all have different fathers?  And where are the fathers?  I have to think prison but I don't know the story. 

So Puppy was out of the pokey in a week?  All that fuss and drama for a week, which is probably nothing to her or Amber. And Eric went ahead and took off to Vegas after Puppy got thrown in the slammer?  What a prince.  

Every time I think I may like Amber, I remember how awful she was to Vince and then I start to dislike her again. 

So Ray groveled to Brittany and then she accepted the ring, but not as a promise ring, and he's going to buy her a better ring when they get engaged?  Okay.  I will grudgingly admit that I like Ray.  He seems to be working very hard to walk the straight and narrow and I'll give him props for that.  Brittany should slow her ride and be grateful for what he is.

I mean, he could have six kids like Shawn, with a SEVENTH on the way.  God, Sara is stupid.  "We were using condoms and then . . . we just stopped."  Well, gee, how do you suppose a baby is made?  Honestly, she was packing her shit like a day after moving in with him, she knows her mother DETESTS him, she hasn't met his own Brady Bunch, she has barely been out of prison very long (I mean, long enough to get spray tanned and get her hair done but not long enough to work or anything).  So yeah, get pregnant, genius.  

I have to say, I do look forward to Kelly ripping into Shawn over not only yet another engagement but bringing yet another child into the world.  It should be good. 

Sara needs to take about a dozen seats over her newly found spine.  I guess since she's got a ring on her finger and a baby on board she thinks now she has the right to get involved in issues with his baby mama and kids.  Girl, you aren't working, you aren't contributing any money to the household so I really think you need to zip it about Shawn giving money to Kelly and their kids.  And you also need to stay quiet about issues that you've been involved in for 15 minutes and think you know.  Please watch last season with Shawn and then kick yourself in the ass.   In the Shawn-Kelly fiasco, the only acting parent we've seen is Kelly.  And since Sara got locked up when her daughter was six months old and her mother has been caring for her ever since, she really needs to take a moratorium on this one.  

What ever happened to Angela and Tony version 2?  You know, that amazing couple where the guy fought her best guy friend and was ordering a bunch of shit on Amazon that was sitting on the porch of their double wide. Was that this season?  I'm confused.  

I'd like to think that I will give up this trashfest but let's be honest.  I'll be watching the new installment next month.    

Psycho, I am HOWLING! 

• Love 3
On 12/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, psychoticstate said:

I’m not sure she’s in any position to criticize life choices.  Six kids with a loser and purple hair at 50.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Shawn is so stupid I don’t think I would want him working on my car.

Maybe that's why he was the manager at his last job.

16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Six kids with a loser and purple hair at 50.

FIFTY?  FIFTY?   She's just a chick (I have sons her age).  I don't think she chose the right shade, but let the woman have some fun.  What else does she have but kids, poverty (probably), and too much heartache and responsibility.

• Love 5

The editing is crazy. Nicole walks up the aisle in daylight but the wedding and brawl takes place in the dark. Thirsty Britney and the girl squad are commiserating in late morning...maybe mid-afternoon; Ray shows up, they go for a walk and it's way after sunset. How many takes did they have to film to get a believable scene?

Puppy's mom has a red left knee. What's that about?

Is there ever really that long a pause after the "forever hold your peace" line?

Stan lights candles for his romantic lunchables pizza date in the afternoon with Tina. Such a romantic.

Brittney and Marcy smoking in the pool with their side piece.  Their breath! Yum!

Poor Samuel.

Did Sara's daughter drink the champagne Sara was shamed into not drinking?

Nice focussed shot on Lacey's cellulite thigh.

Shawn is so checked out of his life with both his baby mamas he never even tightens up when he argues with Kelly, just stays in the reclining position of a drunken sybarite.

Why is Daonte always smiling like a demented serial killer?

Yeah, Lacey, you enjoy a peaceful life focussed on you. And your kids. Sure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I have never heard that at a real wedding.  It is a tv/movie thing.

I think it was a real thing, and meant was there a legal reason why the groom and bride couldn’t marry, such as one being married already. It’s been largely discarded now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

I think it was a real thing, and meant was there a legal reason why the groom and bride couldn’t marry, such as one being married already. It’s been largely discarded now.

It was at every wedding I was ever at in the twentieth century. I hadn't realized anyone was eliminating it now but I can see why one would.  It was a necessary precaution in times when people could appear in communities and present themselves as someone else or unmarried when they had a wife elsewhere. They used to post banns before a wedding to give everyone in the community time to weigh on such things among other reasons. The question at the wedding was a last chance for anyone to stop the wedding for legal or moral reasons that could lead to ruining some poor virgin's life when that can't be undone. Again, not really a thing now.

Egads, it's Christmas, what am I doing here?  Happy Holidays folks. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Maybe there was another wedding immediately before and/or after so they just set the chairs up once?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

There's a two-hour "How To Date An Inmate" special episode on Friday, New Year's Eve, at 8:00p.m. 

"The LAL cast spills shocking and hilarious secrets and tips; from sexy letters to frisky prison visits, the fan favorites tell all; Brittany and Marcelino share their success story [*cough*]; Daonte reveals his new love."

If you could set me up for that party, @PrincessPurrsALot, I would attend live and in person.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, candall said:

There's a two-hour "How To Date An Inmate" special episode on Friday, New Year's Eve, at 8:00p.m. 

"The LAL cast spills shocking and hilarious secrets and tips; from sexy letters to frisky prison visits, the fan favorites tell all; Brittany and Marcelino share their success story [*cough*]; Daonte reveals his new love."

If you could set me up for that party, @PrincessPurrsALot, I would attend live and in person.

Will there be recipes and make-up tips?

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, Red Bridey said:

Why is Daonte always smiling like a demented serial killer?

^^^ This. And he has eyes that bug out and look all over the place. 

Gives me the creeps. 

20 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

A thread has been created for this show.  It will be available for live chat and after thoughts. 

Thank you! It seems my NYE is looking up.... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was rolling when Sarah was going off on Shawn about how he should be dealing with his ex-wife and kids. She is such a fool!!!  Hooking up with a guy who has SIX kids already??  I can't imagine what his child support payments must look like.   Sarah is actually a perfect match for Shawn, as I don't think I have ever seen a bigger idiot than him on reality tv.  Does Sarah ever consider that Shawn was willing to move across the country and leave his SIX kids behind?  No she does not.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Does Sarah ever consider that Shawn was willing to move across the country and leave his SIX kids behind?  No she does not.  

Is she even capable of wondering how EASY it might be to leave behind a baby (unborn or born) he doesn't really know?  Shawn has seen that it's not that difficult to pick up and run when things get tough.

• Love 1