Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

What if she does want her daughter to have the same hairstyle?

My sister does that with the niece all the time. Should I be calling CPS?

As I said Jen wants a mini me!  

It is not perceived as abuse by the Kleins for cutting Zoey's beautiful hair off!    

I don't understand your point then.

Are you criticizing Jen? Are you criticizing the haircut? Or do you like that the haircut is similar to Jen's?

I think Jen made a poor decision in choosing that boy haircut for Zoey so yes I am criticizing Jen and that includes the boyish haircut which looks great on Will but not on Zoey.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 1

Soon enough Zoey and Will will have their own opinions regarding the hairstyles and clothing they prefer. In the meantime, Jen is probably enjoying this relatively short time period when she can dress and style her children as she pleases. I don’t have children of my own but…hmmm, now I see I’m missing a golden opportunity to drive other people nuts with the hairdos and outfits I choose for my very own little dumplings : - ).

• Love 8

Maybe things could be worse.

::giggle::

Please remember that if the discussion gets to a point where it starts telling people what to do, or how people should feel, then it's time to stop engaging and letting the Mod's know how you feel.

Only the Mods are allowed to tell posters what to do.  

Notice ... this isn't an official Mod note ... consider it a reminder.

• Love 1

Well, as a mom of a daughter, and one that believes in short hair, I can say I love it, although the picture isn't all that attractive.  My daughter, 16, has most of her hair shaved close to her head.  It's the "thing" these days for sure.

ETA:  Oh and one more thing ... when my boys were 4 and 5, the 5 year old discovered scissors and decided to try and give the 4 year old a hair cut.  Which led to us shaving the 4 year old's head.  Which to that point was long blond curls.  It was heartbreaking ...

One never knows why things like this happens, there could be a reason behind it.

Yep, there's plenty of kids out there who ended up with some pretty short hair cuts after a self or sibling hair cut, or a toy completely wrapped up in it. I know that's how my sister end up with bangs… a train rolled up on her head and got so tangled, it had to be cut out, resulting in bangs. I remember there were two little girls who lived next door to us and the older one, maybe 6, decided to give haircuts. She grabbed her own hair and basically cut a HUGE hunk off at the scalp, cut her little sister's hair, and then cut the little sister's doll's hair. Guess when the little sister started crying? Yep, after the doll. The cutter ended up with a pixie and the little sister ended up with a bob. 

Or, maybe Jen wanted to cut it and picked the hairstyle she found best like 99.99% of parents of 4 year olds in the world.  

• Love 6

I can't imagine Zoey asking for the haircut - I honestly don't think four-year olds think about their own appearance beyond seeing themselves in a mirror - but I suppose it's possible. If she did ask, it was probably after some prompting or cajoling by Jen. "Zoey, would you like a haircut like Will has?" I'm guessing she just wanted something simpler and faster to wash and "style."

• Love 1

One thing that I honestly believe is that Jen cares a lot about her childrens' appearances. I have no idea whether she likes Zoey's haircut or whether she views it as a mistake. The one thing that I'm absolutely positive about is that it matters a great deal to her.

I don't understand the point you're making. Do you think Jen intentionally chose a bad haircut to make Zoey look bad? Because if she cares about what other people think of her children's appearances then wouldn't she want a haircut for Zoey that the public finds more appealing, instead of something that may or may not appeal to her?

And why can't Zoey have a boy's haircut without earrings added to prove she's female? Weren't people complaining, myself among them, that the kids were being put into gender stereotypes by their parents far too much? Maybe the Kleins are easing off the "cars for Will and pretty dresses and tea parties for Zoey" gender lines that were drawn.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 3

A pixie haircut is a valid girl's haircut.  I had a few of them as a child and my daughters had at least one or two each.  There are some very good reasons to do them.  Not everyone might like them, but they are quite acceptable as a girl's haircut to many people. 

• Love 9

I know firsthand what the temperature is like in Houston in the summer--it gets over 100 degrees and the humidity hangs in the air like an invisible fog.  It is not unusual to see little boys with their hair shaved off or cut very short at the beginning of summer and it stays that way until school starts again.  Little girls also sport shorter styles because it is just easier and cooler in this heat, especially if they swim (it is both easier and safer in a pool).  I think Zoey looks adorable, I saw a picture today on Facebook and she had a little bow in her "do" and she was quite beautiful.  

• Love 6

I think the conversation(s) about the haircut has reached it's limit.  It's time to move on.  We have gotten dangerously close to suggesting other people's opinions are not valid.

I am thinking the earrings discussion would be included.

Thank you.

• Love 5

Jen Tweeted & Instagrammed pics of Will & Zoey dressed for Trick or Treating (she did a couple of them together & then individually). Here's a link to 1 of the pics of Will & Zoey together.

https://instagram.com/p/9jDY5Dq-Ut/

Will dressed as Rafaello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Zoey dressed as Minnie Mouse. Both very cute.

I think there might be a comment on the linked page saying the show will be back in January. But it didn't come from Jen, Bill, or apparently anyone connected to the show. So take it with a grain of salt, for now.

• Love 5

I think that it is more than just attractiveness.  They all have a personality.  I love Bill's humor - he is very quick.  Will is quite the comedian too.  Zoey is adorable and Jen is very quick on her feet.  Together, they make a great family.  I think some of the other little people are somewhat uncomfortable in front of the camera.  It takes time!

• Love 5

I think it is because they are a drama free family for the most part...yes there are some people who manage to live that way. (me!) It is nice to watch a sweet family with all their normal imperfections share a part of their lives.

And we don't get very many episodes to see either.

I agree, their unique personalities rock!

• Love 6

I watched the Roloffs for a little while and they were just mostly unpleasant. They weren't kind to each other. I could only watch Amy and Matt snipe at each other for so long before I was annoyed. Jen and Bill seem to love each other. They are pleasant to each other and supportive. I think the new families suffer from the fact that there have already been two little people families on tv.  Jen and Bill started out as just a married couple with no kids which was what made them different from the Roloffs. Now they have 2 kids so they are a family so what makes those other little people families stand out? 

• Love 4

Does anyone know when this fabulous family returns?

If we go by what they said about 3 or 4 seasons ago, they were going to have a few episodes so fans could see the kids then they were taking the kids off TV.

Apparently the fame whore disease can strike anybody. Even couples that people think are perfect.

I don't remember anyone saying any of the couples were perfect. I think we are all smart enough to know no such thing exists in the world. Fabulous does not mean perfect.

Fame whore? It has been a long time since they were on tv and it was a short season.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 4

I don't think that it was a short season. It was the same size season as most TL C shows. It was just split up due to the Duggar cancellation. They showed half of it in December to fill in for the Duggars. Then they showed the other half in the spring.

Ok, fine. It felt short to me.

• Love 2

Zoey is a beautiful girl. The Kleins are an attractive family. At the risk of sounding shallow is that why the Little Couple is more successful than other little people shows?

I'm sorry to say I think this is definitely a possibility. The Arnold-Kleins aren't exactly struggling financially either. This may be an even greater factor.  In general, I believe the public likes to observe the details of the lives of wealthy people - whether attractive or not.

• Love 2

I don't think that Bill is particularly attractive. He's average. I think that both Matt Roloff and Dan Hamill are better looking than Bill.

That's so funny -- I was going to say the same about Jen Arnold vs. Amy Roloff or [Mrs. Hamill - I forgot her hame]. Bill and Zooey are the only good-looking Kleins, IMO. I won't get specific about Will, since he's just a kid, but he's not my personal idea of cute by any means.

Looks don't mean all that much to me ... I am often struck by personalities more, and a good personality will outweigh looks each and every time ... for me.  My first husband looked like Gene Wilder ... not GQ attractive, but he made me smile and that is what made him gorgeous (at the time) in my eyes.

Most of you know I don't watch this show regularly, but just the little I have researched Jen and Bill, and all the adversity they have gone through, and the outrageously kindhearted thing they did by adopting kids with disabilities (I don't know the correct term these days, so don't shoot me), they are beautiful people ... with beautiful kids.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.  

• Love 12

It is so hard to like the Little Couple here it seems. I find them wonderful. Their careers, their children, what they do, their new goals, (I see nothing wrong with seeking fame) and how they suit one another.

Kody Brown could learn a LOT from Bill.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 8

We're discussing their looks because someone suggested that The Little Couple is a more successful show than LPBW or OLF because the people on it are better to look at. Some of us respectfully disagree with that hypothesis but for different reasons. I personally do not like Jen at all but Bill seems nice, and I like the views of Houston and their house, so that's why I watch.

It's okay to admit that looks matter, especially regarding people who choose to be in the public eye. That doesn't make us bad people. Physicality is part of the human experience. (FTR my dislike of Jen is 100% based on her personality, not her face or body.)

• Love 1

I didn't think Bill was particularly attractive when the show first started. As I've watched the show and come to see how caring and witty Bill is, he's become more and more attractive to me. With Matt Roloff it was the exact opposite situation. I also think Jen is adorable.

• Love 10

After the duggar and sister wives ugliness that played out recently, I'm ready for my favorite tv family to come back. I sure hope it's soon. I would settle for reruns, even though I've seen them all a million times.

• Love 6

It is so hard to like the Little Couple here it seems. I find them wonderful. Their careers, their children, what they do, their new goals, (I see nothing wrong with seeking fame) and how they suit one another.

Kody Brown could learn a LOT from Bill.

I enjoy them too.  I love this family and watching their show.  Can't wait for them to come back.

I enjoy "reality" shows that are drama free.  The kids are my favorite part of this show, especially Will.  He is just too darn cute!

• Love 9