Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: You Are Wasting Our Time!

Emma Snyder
Message added by Emma Snyder,

This is a spoiler free topic. If it did not happen on THIS episode, please do not discuss.

• Start Topic

All year I'm like "aww Kelli is being so much kinder to these girls than previous years" and thinking "that's so nice." 

Then tonight when sneaky AR got caught trying to put one over on them I'm thinking damnit Kelli all you can say is you are disappointed?  Chew her ass out woman!  Right on camera!

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I loved this episode! 

First, I thought they gave Alora Rose's decision to resign the right amount of screen time. I appreciated how they showed how emotional both her and her (former) teammates got when she told them she was leaving. I also noticed that her conversation with Kelli felt like a conversation between two adults. I feel like in the past they would have berated someone like Alora Rose for "wasting their time." Although, Kelli and Judy were right to be disappointed, I respected that all three of them (including Alora) handled the conversation with professionalism.

Jensen's backstory was endearing. Although both her and her dad were emotional, it felt more authentic than the typical sob story. I feel like the producers beautifully tied in the emotion to why she wants to be a DCC. 

I liked how they portrayed cameos almost as a tiebreaker to determine who is making the team. I understand that DCC is about dancing and sex appeal, but I appreciated that they seem to be deemphasizing the importance of looks (at least for the sake of the show). It's really nice to not hear them imply that some poor TCC is ugly.

I'm surprised that they waited until week 9 to have the TCC dance in boots for the first time. Especially given how Kelli always makes a point to say how difficult dancing in boots is. Maybe a bit of exaggeration, given how well the TCC seemed to do. 

Does anyone else feel frustrated by how a lot of the dancers they're considering cutting have only been brought to our attention recently? Christina and Ava have been questionable all season, but Jensen, Amber, and Madeleine feel like people they've only recently started to worry about. As an aside, I wish Kelli would say something about former DCC Megan who coached Amber. It would be nice to shout out a former cheerleader. 

Jensen's office visit was frustrating, because 1) I'm pretty sure it was her first time and 2) Kelli brought up that her kicks have been questionable since the judge's showcase. I feel like Kelli should have had the "you have to be strong on our stock choreo" conversation with Jensen much earlier in training camp.

That being said, the scene where she just slipped back into the routine and then everyone crowded her after the dance made me emotional. I think it highlighted both her dedication and how much the cheerleaders care about each other. In general, I think they've done a good job this season of highlighting little interactions or conversations between DCC/TCC.

Honestly, I wished they would have ended the episode with everyone hugging Jensen. It was such a high note to end on, and still kind of a cliffhanger since we know there's still one more cut. However, now that they mentioned another questionable social media post by Ava, I'm so tuned in for next week!! What did she post?!? I love the drama :-)

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

All year I'm like "aww Kelli is being so much kinder to these girls than previous years" and thinking "that's so nice." 

Then tonight when sneaky AR got caught trying to put one over on them I'm thinking damnit Kelli all you can say is you are disappointed?  Chew her ass out woman!  Right on camera!

I'm really shocked that Kelli didn't say anything else either. Jenna and Holly were probably the last people who really got chewed out.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Slightly off-topic because it's about the overtime episode (link), but the first two minutes are just Kelli getting progressively more angry about Alora Rose leaving. You might want to watch it if you haven't already to get your fix of Kelli chewing out Alora lol :-)

Seeing how genuinely angry Kelli and Judy got in the overtime episode, I'm surprised that Alora Rose's exit was framed as neutrally as it was. I'm kind of surprised that they showed her saying goodbye to her teammates instead of trying to show her walking off alone (which maybe would have implied that she had burned all bridges with the other DCC).

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

A shame that Alora Rose left like that. I thought she had improved so much and she looked so beautiful. I think it was her karma that she didn't make the Rockettes.

I enjoyed meeting Jensen (nine episodes in) but I kept waiting for the impending sob story. I'm glad hers wasn't that tragic. 

10 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Does anyone else feel frustrated by how a lot of the dancers they're considering cutting have only been brought to our attention recently? Christina and Ava have been questionable all season, but Jensen, Amber, and Madeleine feel like people they've only recently started to worry about. As an aside, I wish Kelli would say something about former DCC Megan who coached Amber. It would be nice to shout out a former cheerleader. 

I agree with this. They have literally praised Madeleine almost every single episode and now all of sudden she's going to have to be corrected all year? I totally forgot about Amber until the last episode too. Also, if Jensen is struggling with kicks that means she's been struggling with kicks for weeks. Why bring that up at the last minute?

Really wish the show would stop ending in cliffhangers. I felt like TPTB really had it out for Ava after that middle finger TikTok but if they're finding other stuff then I guess they did have a reason to be concerned. Ava doesn't seem to comprehend how social media can affect employment, opportunities, and her future. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Slightly off-topic because it's about the overtime episode (link), but the first two minutes are just Kelli getting progressively more angry about Alora Rose leaving. You might want to watch it if you haven't already to get your fix of Kelli chewing out Alora lol :-)

Interesting they flashback in that overtime episode to last year and Kelli said she and Judy were "damaged" with last years decisions.

Does she mean they were emotionally damaged? or public relations damaged?

Ironic given that AR wasn't a "it's a dream to be DCC" girl. Neither was rookie Sydney who retired after that one year. And yet after a- less than 2 week - training camp they did take that chance - and chose to cut the fully committed "dreaming" vets (during a pandemic). 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Kellie said Tori went from being cut her first year to making show group her second time in TC and she couldn’t remember anyone else that happened to. So I guess she already forgot Victoria? 

Also, didn’t Maddie make SG her second time in training camp? 

Maddie, Victoria, Tori … and there are probably others in earlier seasons.

Not to mention ones that got cut prior to TC and then made show group their rookie year (Hannah, Amber, Kelli Q., Melissa W.)

• Love 7

Not sure about this episode. It’s so hard to cut someone at the very, very end. I know they do it for the show, but it’s so tough on the girls. 

I didn’t seeI any bad photos this year. No one really struggled as we have seen other years.

Do people think that Alora Rose would have tried out and if she didn’t make it she would go back to Dallas? I’m not sure how the timing would work with it.

The Rockettes are a much better dance job than the Cowboys Cheerleaders. So she made the right choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Do people think that Alora Rose would have tried out and if she didn’t make it she would go back to Dallas? I’m not sure how the timing would work with it.

She's having a great time in New York. She is never coming back unless there is another great pandemic and everything shuts down.

Well she might come back to see her rookie sisters but not for DCC.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, rose711 said:

Do people think that Alora Rose would have tried out and if she didn’t make it she would go back to Dallas?

Why yes, I absolutely believe this was her master plan.  That didn't pan out.  And if I were a DCC I would be  p*ssed that she tried to pull it off.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Slightly off-topic because it's about the overtime episode (link), but the first two minutes are just Kelli getting progressively more angry about Alora Rose leaving.

Kelli seems to love that hideous necklace. I can’t think of anything else it looks like except turtle poo.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

I can't blame Alora Rose for doing it the way she did.  That's how you do it when you are trying to find another job...you wait until something better comes up and then jump ship.  But in the meantime you stay with the sure thing.  Alora Rose just stupidly thought she could keep it under wraps and Kelli wouldn't find out.   

Kelli's just pissed because AR was choosing The Rockettes over the DCC.  If AR told Kelli in advance she was trying out, Kelli would have immediately dropped her from the team.  

That makes sense. I didn’t know how it would work out with timing. It sounds like she would have left the team after the Cowboys season started? 

I think maybe they were planning on taking 37.  And then they found more dirt on Ava, and made up the Jensen visit for the show.  Doubt they were ever planning on releasing Jensen.  Ava is very young and immature and doesn’t seem to listen.  And had to be reminded to eat.  I think she’s out.

AR was only ever there because the Rockettes were down for Covid.  I think she was more nervous about the chat and sad she got caught.  She thought she had more time to feel it out.

Just gave to say I ADORE Lea.  Amazing dancer, different look, and I love it!

So glad the days of harping on bodies and telling to tone up are maybe done!!

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, hs98 said:

I think maybe they were planning on taking 37.  And then they found more dirt on Ava, and made up the Jensen visit for the show.  Doubt they were ever planning on releasing Jensen.  

Totally agree the Jensen office visit was just for the show! In the beginning Judy kept glancing at Kelli like, "where are we going with this?" 
And they now just bring up kicks? It all seemed bogus.

On that note though, I think sometimes they have office visits with TCC/DCC that are never aired. You are telling me they never once wanted to talk to Madeline or Amber this year? I have suspected this other seasons as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, JapMo said:

I can't blame Alora Rose for doing it the way she did.  That's how you do it when you are trying to find another job...you wait until something better comes up and then jump ship.  But in the meantime you stay with the sure thing.  Alora Rose just stupidly thought she could keep it under wraps and Kelli wouldn't find out.   

Kelli's just pissed because AR was choosing The Rockettes over the DCC.  If AR told Kelli in advance she was trying out, Kelli would have immediately dropped her from the team.  

and afterward Kelli probably called legal to update the re-commitment papers (what ever they are called when a vet signs to re-audition next season) to add a clause to make sure this does not happen again - ie by signing here, you  agree not to audition, submit , tryout, etc for any thing else.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

That makes sense. I didn’t know how it would work out with timing. It sounds like she would have left the team after the Cowboys season started? 

Could be, or very close to it.  

Oh the irony.  Kelli refused to cut Alora Rose last year even though she was constantly messing up and was one of the weakest dancers of the rookie candidates.  Judy definitely wasn't impressed with her.  Kelli took a spot away that could have gone to one of three veterans, all of whom had been very loyal to her and the Cowboys organization, to give to Alora Rose, and the girl is immediately looking for greener pastures (i.e. the Rockettes).  Lily, Brennan, Hannah....Karma is a bitch.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Could be, or very close to it.  

Oh the irony.  Kelli refused to cut Alora Rose last year even though she was constantly messing up and was one of the weakest dancers of the rookie candidates.  Judy definitely wasn't impressed with her.  Kelli took a spot away that could have gone to one of three veterans, all of whom had been very loyal to her and the Cowboys organization, to give to Alora Rose, and the girl is immediately looking for greener pastures (i.e. the Rockettes).  Lily, Brennan, Hannah....Karma is a bitch.

Sydney too. That’s two spots from vets who were fully committed. 

• Love 8

My thoughts...

1. The Alora-Rose ending was not as dramatic as what they intended. But I totally believe Judy when she said they thought she was going to audition first, then decide. 

2. If Alora-Rose didn't leave, it would have been Jensen, Amber, or Rebecca cut. 

3. Cliffhangers are annoying. 

4. Lea looked beautiful at cameos.

5. The fact that everyone was excited to see Jensen at the end makes me want to pull for her more, similar to Jordan Chanley.

6. Ava is beautiful, but she does have immature qualities. 

• Love 8

That was a good episode.

Liked the Alora Rose aftermath with her rookie class consoling her.

Lea is so pretty.

Kelli has gotten sooooooo nice in her old age. What happened to the old Kelli?

I sense Judy wants to be her usual scathing self but is biting her lip.

I guess it's a new era and that's a good thing- if not a little less entertaining. 

Really liked Jensen's story. Now that felt like a background that was worthy of coverage. Most of the background videos are awfully contrived.

Edited by WoofDCC
to add bit on Jensen
  • Love 5

I don't get the whole Lea love.  I don't dislike the girl, but IMO she is boring on the field.  As far as her looks, she's definitely cute. So was Amy.  So was Maddie.  But on the field, Amy sparkled and Maddie exploded.  They were able to project personality (whether real or fake) that drew fans' attention to them.  People noticed them, remembered them. 

That's not happening for Lea...or Christine....or for all the makeovers and gushing on Kelli's part, even Kelee.  There's a reason why Amy and Maddie each have a whole episode about their journey on YouTube, and it isn't because they are great dancers or had the DCC "look".

Last night, two girls went from thumbs down to thumbs up for me.  Rebecca and Amber really stepped up their game...especially Rebecca.  They showed energy and sparkle on the field...something neither had done before.  Rebecca looked like she was really having fun, and she completely drew me in.      

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I don’t think it was a big secret

Alora Rose didn't just fall off the tulip truck. She's been in the biz long enough to not be loose-lipped about these kind of things, and watched the show enough to know how Kelli rolls. 

Kelli made it sound like this was a rumor floating. I can't imagine Alora was telling random teammates about this. 

34 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I don't get the whole Lea love.  I don't dislike the girl, but IMO she is boring on the field.  As far as her looks, she's definitely cute. So was Amy.  So was Maddie.  But on the field, Amy sparkled and Maddie exploded. 

Amy sparkled on the field ????

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Alora Rose was probably tight lipped because she wanted to hedge her bets.  I have no problem with her wanting to go back to the Rockettes but I do have a problem with her taking a spot in training camp and not telling them.  Rockettes and most professional dance jobs have an alternate but the DCC usually does not.  If her heart was not in it, then she should not have gone into camp.  Her face when she did not get show group spoke volumes.  She was one ticked off lady.  Don't take a spot away from those who want it so much.

She's certainly got better at DCC style since her first year when Tori should have made it rather than her. Travis was so right.  She should have been in blue this year not pint.  I remain fine with the vet cuts last year.  Sorry for them it was the last night but vets get cut every year and usually for a reason.  Hannah lost her sparkle, Lily looked frozen, and Brennan lost her stamina.  Hannah and Lily have gone on to dance again-good for them.  Lily looks so much happier in her Bronco pics.

It's a strong rookie class.  Love, love, love Kaydiana, Tyra, Tori, Kleine. and Rebecca.  Jensen and Megan looked great after their makeovers.  Madeline S is gorgeous and better but still working on it.  Lea is growing on me.

And Kelli with the no one has gone from cut to show group.  She needs to work on her memory pills....................Maddie and Victoria first to come to mind.  Kelli Q could not make camp for years and made show group.  Melissa W etc

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Amy sparkled on the field ????

I always loved Amy.  I think she did.

Same photographer for 20 years, same poses.  I just noticed there's another hand-behind-the-head picture for Chandi.  They did the same thing last year.  They need something different...maybe take some outside shots on the football field.  With props like the poms or a football.

Speaking of ancient....that "signature dance".  Uhhh...soooo boring.  I don't know how long they've been doing it, but I'd say for at least 12 years.  They need to do it up big.  Do a contest for a new song and choreograph 2-3 different dances, and put them out on their website for people to vote on.  If more people vote they want to keep the same dance, then so be it.  

• Love 6

Is anyone else surprised at how...non melodramatic the Alora Rose talk was? In a good way? The cliffhanger ending from last week was goofy, but this was ok. The lack of music during the actual talk was SO welcome. I can't stand the dramatic music they set scenes to usually lmao. It was jarring and refreshing. I'm also surprised they let Alora Rose say her piece after she left. 

What I don't get is her saying she was 'invited.' You were invited to...audition? Like everyone else on the planet? Lol. Clearly she wasn't invited to rejoin. 

Also, is anyone else weirded out by how flat they keep styling Ava's hair now? It's not flattering, it looked better before, and before was way more DCC-like. So bizarre. 

Kelee makes me smile. She seems so genuinely sweet. You don't see, like, any DCC with this kind of lowkey, almost timid personality. Her growing confidence is lovely to watch. So darling!

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Found this: "Rockettes and Broadway"

Ha!  They all have college degrees and great careers?  Kelli has surely started drinking!!!  There are some for sure, but, come on....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, writeme93 said:

Did Sydney leave prematurely last year? I thought she fulfilled her year and then retired after 6 years of NFL cheering?

She finished the year and retired. I think the point was that she was just auditioning to get her bucket list finished - like you said after 6 long years in the NFL. Though she's lovely, the vets who were cut were deeply and passionately committed to just the DCC organization. It's just irony or karma given Kelli's interview in the overtime instagram.  Nothing bad about Sydney at all.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

DCC is run like a private club for women who plan to marry and raise a family, try to be influencers, teach dance, or work for the DCC organization. The unwritten rule is that DC cheerleaders CONFORM at all costs.

God help you if you view dance as a career, for which you have approximately 10 years to maximize your skills until you age out and feel the consequences of injuries and body-stress.

The Rockettes are a much bigger deal than the DCC. Alora Rose viewed the job as a career option. Big deal.

Kelli needs to grow up, get control of her temper, and act like am experienced business executive, not a high school bully. When faced with a difficult situation, show some of that grace and polish that you require of your cheerleaders.

I mean, they have many other qualified candidates to quickly choose from.

If they choose Lea, with growing confidence and the routine big hair and big makeup, she will shine on the field.

ETA: many states are right-to-work. There are limits to non-competes in those jurisdictions.

All of this. 

And if nothing else, AR knows as well as anyone that she was still auditioning for her spot as a DCC. Kelli didn’t have any issues letting experienced vets go late in training camp last year, and AR knows her spot wasn’t guaranteed. Especially after not making show group. 

Such a short window to dance professionally, and the Rockettes is a salaried job with health insurance and a standardized schedule. She must have thought she had an excellent shot at returning. 

I don’t personally have any issues with one and done, either. We’ve all probably had a job that we liked but didn’t want forever, as well as a jobs that weren’t all we though they would be. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, writeme93 said:

Did Sydney leave prematurely last year? I thought she fulfilled her year and then retired after 6 years of NFL cheering?

She fulfilled her contract, and Alora Rose fulfilled her contract her rookie season as well. I get where people are coming from because K&J act like DCC should be every girl's #1 priority and aspiration. However, while I don't like the way those vets were cut last year either, I see it as a one year contract job - nothing more. No one has to commit to anything beyond that one year, and I actually don't think it should be a factor in who gets selected. Now, I don't think they needed to have an audition last year and should've just kept the vets since it was a weird covid season anyway. I also think Hannah should have made it because she's a better dancer than girls who did make it, but that's the main reason. Who knows, if they had made it, Hannah, Lily, and Brennan could've retired after last season too.

As for Alora Rose this year, I don't blame her for trying to secure another job before leaving the one that she had. That's what most people do. On the other hand, I definitely would've hated it for any rookie who was cut at the end if Alora Rose had made it and then quit for the Rockettes, so I understand Kelli & Judy's frustration.

I don't quite see Megan's appeal. She is very, very average to me. I also think Amber is pretty weak. I probably would've called both of them in over Jensen and Ava. 

I thought all of the cameos were pretty good. Jensen was a little stiff, but overall, I thought she was fine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

God help you if you view dance as a career, for which you have approximately 10 years to maximize your skills until you age out and feel the consequences of injuries and body-stress.

The Rockettes are a much bigger deal than the DCC. Alora Rose viewed the job as a career option. Big deal.

So true.  Remember Julia?  She said out loud that she planned to use the DCC as a stepping stone!  Quelle horreur!  Once Kelli heard that, there was no hope for Julia.   

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

She finished the year and retired. I think the point was that she was just auditioning to get her bucket list finished - like you said after 6 long years in the NFL. Though she's lovely, the vets who were cut were deeply and passionately committed to just the DCC organization. It's just irony or karma given Kelli's interview in the overtime instagram.  Nothing bad about Sydney at all.

I feel like nobody has to do more than a year but I understand where you're coming from. I have always felt like Brennan and Hannah were cut from other things not shown on film. Kelli definitely got her karma. 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

She fulfilled her contract, and Alora Rose fulfilled her contract her rookie season as well. I get where people are coming from because K&J act like DCC should be every girl's #1 priority and aspiration. However, while I don't like the way those vets were cut last year either, I see it as a one year contract job - nothing more. No one has to commit to anything beyond that one year, and I actually don't think it should be a factor in who gets selected. Now, I don't think they needed to have an audition last year and should've just kept the vets since it was a weird covid season anyway. I also think Hannah should have made it because she's a better dancer than girls who did make it, but that's the main reason. Who knows, if they had made it, Hannah, Lily, and Brennan could've retired after last season too.

As for Alora Rose this year, I don't blame her for trying to secure another job before leaving the one that she had. That's what most people do. On the other hand, I definitely would've hated it for any rookie who was cut at the end if Alora Rose had made it and then quit for the Rockettes, so I understand Kelli & Judy's frustration.

I don't quite see Megan's appeal. She is very, very average to me. I also think Amber is pretty weak. I probably would've called both of them in over Jensen and Ava. 

I thought all of the cameos were pretty good. Jensen was a little stiff, but overall, I thought she was fine. 

I agree 100%. I love seeing the girls return and I do feel like it's a bit disappointing when they don't re-audition but things can change a lot in a year and this has to be a lot on your body.

If the Rockettes send out invitations then it seems like the opportunity was thrust in Alora Rose's lap and she had to follow her true passion. I don't think if she told them right when she found it, it would've been received any better. It still looks like she's not putting DCC as #1 which is illegal. 

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The Dallas Cowboys are a multi-billions dollar corporation and these young women are brainwashed into believe they are easily replaceable or have little value. 

So what if they aren't so indoctrinated by the power of The Star that they imagine life without this lowest of low paying jobs? In fact, good on them for not believing the bullshit.

56 minutes ago, writeme93 said:

If the Rockettes send out invitations then it seems like the opportunity was thrust in Alora Rose's lap and she had to follow her true passion. I don't think if she told them right when she found it, it would've been received any better. It still looks like she's not putting DCC as #1 which is illegal. 

Is that a Texas law?

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Goodness gracious, yes. I didn't get it, AT All.

She was like a blending soccer mom.

Amy was cute. I liked her.

Her facial expressions contained great joy and I liked that.

I would choose her over Caroline any day. (Seems people like her a lot though) 

• Love 8

I don't agree with the way Kelli handled Alora.

She got an invite to audition at the other place. Doesn't mean she made the team yet.

I can see Alora not telling them yet because like I have always been taught, don't quit one job before you get another.

I feel Kelli put Alora on the spot and forced her out and then she wants to say she is disappointed in Alora not being honest or up front with them?

• Love 7

IF Alora Rose didn't act stupid and tell everyone in the locker room that she was auditioning for the Rockettes, there's still a number of ways it got back to Kelli.  Someone from the Rockettes decided to be snarky and let Kelli know directly or someone auditioning could have recognized her.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that a person auditioned and told a relative or roommate 'hey guess who was auditioning right next to me'.  And that person mentioned it to someone else who put it on Facebook etc. etc. etc.  MTT might originate from a 3rd rate channel like CMT, but I believe it's their highest rated program.  I never turn on CMT except for that show.  Being on for a few seconds a week can make a girl famous.  Or infamous (like Melina or Vivian).  And with infamy comes loss of anonymity.